Tired of searching for the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK? Well, your search is over! After reviewing more than 45+ VPNs in the industry, we have come up with the best VPNs for Virgin Media outside UK.
There are many websites and streaming services around the world that have geo-restrictions due to licensing issues. One such example is Virgin Media, which is only accessible in the UK, snatching away the chance to binge-watch for global users.
But now you don’t have to worry because you can stream Virgin Media outside the UK by connecting to a UK VPN service. This tool helps change your IP address to the UK and allows you to access Virgin Media outside the UK.
Through testing, ExpressVPN became the top-rated, suggested, and leading VPN to stream Virgin Media outside UK. We recommend it because it is fast, offers military-grade encryption, has a user-friendly app, and above all, supports a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Scroll down and discover the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK:
Quick Overview – The Best VPN For Virgin Media outside UK
Here’s a quick rundown of the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK:
- ExpressVPN– Best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK. It is our top recommendation for people who are adamant about getting the premium features of a VPN.
- Surfshark– Budget-Friendly VPN for Virgin Media. It is the top choice if you have a low budget but do not want to compromise on VPN features.
- NordVPN– Largest Server Network VPN for Virgin Media. It has the largest number of servers and is a great choice if you are a dedicated binge-watcher.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Virgin Media outside UK?
You need a VPN for Virgin Media to bypass geo-blocks and access its full library outside UK. If you stumble upon a geo-restricted site, you will be immediately blocked. It is a frustrating thought, but nothing a VPN cannot fix.
When we say VPN, we recommend you a premium VPN because a free VPN will not do the job it claims it does. A premium VPN, however, is only routed into geo-restricted websites or streaming services. It will mask your IP address and give you a legit UK IP address.
A VPN does not just remove the geo-restricted barrier. It offers faster downloads and lightning speeds during streaming, protects your anonymity, offers secure browsing away from snooping eyes, and hosts many servers as a sweet backup. This is why you need a VPN for Virgin Media outside UK.
Detailed Analysis – Best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK
If you are not entirely convinced of the claims we made above, you are free to choose the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK
- It is compatible with the MediaStreamer feature
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 5 server locations in UK
- 87.18 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps connection
- Five simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK, delivering outstanding unblocking capabilities, fast speed, and top-notch security features. It comes with all the security and unblocking features any binge-watcher would need. It is the fastest VPN around the block and can get you hours of streaming on Virgin Media outside the UK.
ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries, out of which it offers 4 speedy servers in the UK, allowing a stress-free connection outside UK.
On top of that, you can also unblock other streaming services like Sky Sports outside UK , MTV Player, and BBC iPlayer using ExpressVPN. So, if you are traveling abroad and wish to take your local favorites with you, ExpressVPN can help you out. After connecting to its UK- London server, we could easily unblock Virgin Media Live TV outside the UK and stream our favorite movies without any issues.
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for streaming and is also compatible with streaming giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO Plus.
On a 100 Mbps connection, we connected to the London server to check out the ExpressVPN speed test, we recorded an exceptional downloading speed of 87.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.13 Mbps.
The app of ExpressVPN is extremely easy to use. With a few quick taps, you can connect and locate the desired servers. Plus, the interface is attractive and simple too. You can download it on Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android with ease. Similarly, you can use ExpressVPN on Firestick, Smart TV, Chromecast, and Android TV to stream Virgin Media onto your big screens outside UK. You can also unblock TRT 1 with a relaible VPN to get a Turkish IP address in UK with its ExpressVPN servers.
ExpressVPN does not compromise your privacy either. You will find advanced security features attached to the package, like Kill Switch, military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, DNS protection, and IP6v leak protection.
If you have any query bothering your mind, their support is available 24/7 through live chat. But if you think that it is a big risk to take, the VPN also offers a 30-days money-back guarantee on its subscription. It comes with 3 different package bundles starting from $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with a 12-month plan). At the end of the day, if you are not satisfied, you can contact their live chat support feature to request a refund. Most people get their money back within 2 business days.
You can also opt for its 7-day Express free trial in UK for mobile devices before you get its subscription. Find out more about its features and benefits at the ExpressVPN review UK.
- Fast speeds for unlimited hours of streaming
- A huge number of servers for backup
- Lightning speeds for offline downloads
- Reliably unblock Virgin Media outside UK
- 24/7 live chat feature
- Private and secure
- It is expensive
2. Surfshark– Budget-Friendly VPN for Virgin Media
- 3200 servers in 100 countries out of which 4 are in the UK
- 85.42 Mbps download speed on a 100 Mbps connection
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for HD streaming
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark is the budget-friendly option for Virgin Media if you do not want to compromise on VPN features. Just because it has a low price does not mean it is not a feature-enriched VPN. But rather, it offers top security and features at a low price of GB£1.68/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
It has a network of 3200+ servers spread across 100+ countries. Out of this number, 3200 servers are in London, Manchester, Glasgow, and Edinburgh, UK. You can pick any one of them to stream Virgin Media outside the UK.
Plus, you can use these servers to stream other UK geo-restricted platforms like BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, and more. If you are in the mood for streaming sports, then you can also watch BT Sports outside UK, Sky GO outside UK, and Channel 5 outside UK for classic UK shows.
With the extensive network of servers, you can also easily watch Netflix with Surfshark, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and others, no matter where you are in the world. We connect to Surfshark’s Glasgow server to unblock Virgin Media shows outside the UK.
Being a low-cost VPN does not mean you have to compromise on speed. When we check Surfshark’s speed on a 100 Mbps connection, it delivered a decent download speed of 85.42 Mbps, and an upload speed of 48.64 Mbps, good enough for streaming Virgin Media shows outside the UK.
The best part about this VPN is that there are unlimited connections. You can set up Surfshark on your Roku, Windows, Android, iOS, router, Mac, Chromebook, Apple TV, PS4, and Firestick with Surfshark.
As for security, Surfshark has maintained a top-notch system to manage and protect your privacy. It has military-grade AES 256-bit encryption and IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leak protection.
There are no traces leading back to your use of a VPN. Plus, you can even pay for the subscription through a protected and anonymous currency-Bitcoin. If you do have any questions on the matter, the live chat support feature of Surfshark can easily help you out. They are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
You can also try Surfshark’s free trial in UK if you want to check its feature. And if it does not work out for you, the VPN offers 30-day money-back guarantee for a quick refund. Jump to our Surfshark review to learn more about its features.
- Fast speeds for binge-watching TV shows
- Large number of servers for streaming globally
- A budget-friendly option for monthly subscriptions
- There is an AdBlocker
- Consistently unblock Virgin Media outside UK
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for Virgin Media
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries out of which 440+ are in the UK
- 83.82 Mbps download speed
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for HD streaming
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN has the largest number of servers to watch Virgin Media in the US and is a great choice if you are a dedicated binge-watcher. It has 5500+ servers in 60 different countries, including 440+ servers in the UK alone. So, even if hundreds of people are using the VPN, you know your access will not be interrupted by heavy traffic.
To check whether NordVPN unblocks Virgin Media outside the UK, we connected to the NordVPN UK server, and within a min, we started streaming the latest movie, “The Bullet Train,” in HD quality. Similarly, we also had a great time streaming BBC iPlayer using NordVPN.
Besides Virgin Media, you can also watch the best UK streaming services, such as Channel 4, Channel 5, and Sky Sports. You can also unblock with widely-watched streaming sites like Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and Netflix with NordVPN.
If we talk about NordVPN speeds on its UK servers, it offers a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. With such speeds, you’ll be able to watch your favorite content in HD while outside the UK.
The NordVPN app is available for download on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. You can also install NordVPN on Kodi, Roku, and Firestick as well. So, whichever platform you use, you can enjoy safe browsing. If you are in the mood for streaming bulgarian TV Channel, then you can unblock these channels BNT 4, bTV Action & bTV Comedy with a VPN to get a Bulgarian IP address in UK.
Plus, you can count on NordVPN to protect your privacy. It has high-quality security features that are a standard of a premium VPN. Some of them are AES 256-bit encryption, IPv6 protection, DNS Protection, WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch. Your anonymity will also be protected because the VPN does not log your data into its books.
If you are a person who hates ads and unnecessary interruptions, NordVPN has an Adblock for you in-store. It will remove any streaming barrier, making it a quality VPN for Virgin Media streaming outside UK.
On top of that, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free subscription at just GB£2.86/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and a 24/7 live chat support feature to get your queries answered right away. You can also try NordVPN’s 7-day free trial in UK, entitled to mobile only mobile users. Read our NordVPN review UK for more details.
- Fast speeds for binge-watching
- Watch your favorite shows on Virgin Media outside UK
- Large number of servers for streaming any geo-restricted site
- Top-grade security standards
- It comes with an Adblocker
- 24/7 live chat feature
- You have to click twice to get connected.
Testing Methodology: How we find the Best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK
Choosing the right VPN was a very confusing task; we had to go through several tests and deciding factors to ensure every VPN we recommend is good for Virgin Media outside the UK. Some of the key deciding factors are as follows:
- A large number of server locations: You need an extensive network of servers for uninterrupted streaming. With many servers, you have the option for backups. On top of that, you can stream other countries’ media content.
- Speed and stability of service: When there are many servers, connection speed should not be compromised. Your connection with the site should be buffer-free, uninterrupted, and stable.
- Strong encryption standards: If you want privacy, then don’t forget to look for AES 256-bit encryption. It is a premium security standard but in most cases, it is not enough. So, you should also seek other security features like IP6v leak and DNS leak protection.
- Apps for Android and iOS: This is the era of applications. If you cannot find a VPN on your App Store or Play Store, then it may not be your best choice, that’s why we only recommend VPNs that are available on Android and iOS platforms.
- Ability to unblock restricted content: There are many VPNs out there. But only a few have the capability to unblock geo-restricted sites. This is why a free VPN does not come of any use. We ensured every VPN we recommend is able to properly unblock Virgin Media.
- Ease of use: The VPN interface should be easy to use. You should be able to locate the servers and connect with ease. We tested all the VPN apps and only listed VPNs that are easy to use.
VPNs to avoid while accessing Virgin Media outside UK?
Here are the top ones to avoid due to Virgin Media VPN blocking outside UK;
1. Hola VPN:
VPNGate is a free VPN service that is known for its high speeds and unlimited bandwidth. However, it has been found to be logging user actions and has been blacklisted by Virgin Media.
Read our detailed Hola VPN review to learn more about this VPN.
2. HideMyAss (HMA):
No doubt HMA is a great free VPN; however, due to the limited amount of servers, you will always end up on a congested server and experience slow speeds. These servers are most of the time blocked, as many people try to access websites simultaneously, resulting in IP blocks by websites.
Read our detailed HideMyAss review to learn more about this VPN.
ZenMate is a free VPN that also comes with a paid plan; they have saved all the great features like unlimited bandwidth and data for the paid users. They do not promise any strong encryption, and their security is pretty average in the free plan. If you are concerned about getting a real Panama IP that really crosses the limits, this is not a VPN for you.
Read our detailed ZenMate review to learn more about this VPN.
Is Virgin Media Blocking Your VPN outside UK? Here’s How to Set it Up
Virgin Media mostly block suspicious VPN services and their IP addresses. If you’re among those who are having a hard time getting a VPN for Virgin Media outside the UK, try our given methods below.
Method 1: Remove Virgin Media’s Web Filters
Virgin Media provides child-safe filters to block unsuitable content for children and suspicious anonymized IP addresses. Thus, to remove such filters, you must reach out to Virgin Media’s support and ask them to remove the filters blocking access to Virgin Media. This is the fastest and easiest way to remove Virgin Media’s web filter.
Method 2: Share your connections from 1 Device
If you’ve shared your connection with your friends or nearby neighbors or you’ve restrictions on your ISP, you can’t get yourself removed from Virgin Media’s Web Filters. In such a case, you still have two options ahead to make an account:
- Use a different Wi-Fi network to download the VPN. And we would recommend you not use any public network to avoid privacy threats and risks. So, you can use a private and safe internet connection of your cellular data or go to a friend or relative’s house to use their Wi-Fi a bit and download the VPN.
- Use a proxy service. As we know, a proxy service isn’t as safe as a premium VPN. Apart from security matters, a proxy will let you encrypt your IP address. It will also allow you to access VPN’s website and download the VPN. Don’t miss to try the best proxy servers otherwise, you’ll be vulnerable to data stealing risks or malware attacks.
Once you download the VPN on your Windows or macOS, you can create a virtual router to share the secured connection. Then, you can also download your VPN app on all your other devices. Before that, you’ve to configure your VPN on your PC. The processing of VPN establishment will be different for Mac and Windows.
Method 3: Modify Your Router
Virgin Media’s SuperHub routers don’t support any VPN. So, if you’ve to install the VPN on your router first, then you’ve to modify the router. You’ll simply switch your router into modem mode and then connect with another VPN which compatible with the router.
This setup isn’t the same for all the routers. Hopefully, you’ve checked all of our selected best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK, all the VPNs have router compatibility and guidelines to set up the router and VPN. Else, you can also contact your VPN’s support if you feel difficulty.
There is also the pre-configured router that comes with some VPNs. Our recommended ExressVPN has such routers. You can get ExpressVPN and their pre-configured routers, so you don’t need to do any configurations. And the rare thing is there is also a router app that comes with ExpressVPN to make it easier to change locations even.
FAQs – Best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK
Does Virgin Media allow VPNs outside UK?
No, Virgin Media blocks many VPNs outside UK. But top-rated VPNs have the power to tackle their tracking system like ExpressVPN, which is our recommendation too. This VPN hides your IP address using industry-approved AES-256-bit encryption to provide you with guaranteed access to the platform.
Can I use a VPN with Virgin Media outside UK?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock Virgin Media outside UK. However, we suggest using ExpressVPN because it is secure, fast, and provides easy access to streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney Plus. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for its top-notch speed, performance, unlimited bandwidth, and 99.99% runtime.
Why do Virgin Media Block VPN websites outside the UK?
This is because Virgin Media blocks access to torrent sites outside the UK, and VPNs tend to hide these torrent indexes. We suggest using ExpressVPN to avoid this trouble and stream Virgin Media outside the UK without any issues.
Can I use ExpressVPN on Virgin Media outside the UK?
Yes! In fact, ExpressVPN is the top choice for streaming Virgin Media outside the UK, as it is compatible with Virgin Media completely. It has premium security features, offers lightning speeds, and will provide an interrupted streaming experience.
How to fix VPN websites being blocked by Virgin Media outside the UK?
Here are the possible ways to fix VPN websites being blocked by Virgin Media outside UK:
- Plug the Ethernet cable from your router into your device.
- Type the IP address 192.168.0.1. on your browser.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Go to Advanced Settings > Firewall option.
- Disable ‘Block fragmented IP packets. If that isn’t available, select the following, IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, or Multicast Pass-Through.
- Save the changes and restart your router.
To wrap it up, Virgin Media is only accessible in the UK. But with a little help from the best VPN for Virgin Media outside UK, you can easily manage to get into the website.
We recommend using ExpressVPN because it is known to provide hassle-free access. Moreover, it offers top-notch features that enable a smooth streaming experience. Once your device is connected to the ExpressVPN UK server, you can stream all of your favorite British shows without any issues.