Popcorn time is a very popular media streaming service. A cross platform open source application that offers amazing content from all across the world.
As amazing as this service really is, it hasn’t been available for iOS for really long time, until now. With Popcorn Time now available for iOS, you can easily stream your favorite contents on the go.
That said, since the Popcorn Time app isn’t officially available on the Apple App store, you will have to use backdoor methods. Don’t worry, you don’t have to jailbreak your iOS device. All you will need is an iOS VPN and you’ll be good to go. Here are some best rated VPN services for iOS/iPhone/iPad.
Sounds confusing, don’t worry, in this guide, we will discuss how to install popcorn time on iOS devices without jailbreaking!
Popcorn Time on iOS devices
Let’s face it, we all need to let off some steam every now and then. No doubt, the best way to relax after a tiring day is through watching a classic movie. If you can watch it on your phone or a tablet, that’s even better.
This is where amazing applications like Popcorn Time comes in. Unlike Netflix and Hulu which only offers its services in few selected regions, Popcorn Time offers an endless supply of global content without any restrictions or subscription fees.
Best of all, it is compatible with all iOS devices. So whether you have an iPhone, iPad or an iPod touch, you can enjoy all sorts of digital content anywhere any time.
How to Install Popcorn Time on iOS 11 & above without Jailbreak
Although Popcorn Time is available as an IPA file, you can’t find the application on the app store. This is because the Apple App store hasn’t approved it yet.
In order to install the Popcorn Time application, you need a third party popcorn time iOS installer. You can install it through a third party desktop installer as well which I’ll discuss later on in this blog.
For now, I’ll show you the steps to install popcorn time for iOS using the mobile Tutuapp.
- First up, unlock your iOS device and launch the Safari Browser
- Now head on over to VIP download page by either copy pasting or typing in this URL http://www.tutuapp.vip/.
- To download the Tutuapp, use the Install now It’s only 32.69Mb in size and requires iOS 8.0 and above.
- Once you tap the install now button, you will get a prompt to either cancel or install the application. Hit install to proceed.
- Wait for the Tutuapp to download.
- Now that you’re done installing the application, it’s time to trust its developer’s certificate.
- Head on over to the settings app then scroll down to Device Management and click on the developer’s profile under Enterprise App.
- Now tap the verify button to trust the application.
- Now head on over to the home screen and launch the Tutuapp.
- Now search for the Popcorn Time application and tap install.
- Wait for the Popcorn Time application to download.
- Once the application downloads, launch it and accept the “Terms of Service” agreement.
- That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Popcorn Time on your iOS device without jailbreaking.
Popcorn Time iOS download using Tutu desktop application
If you don’t want to install Popcorn Time using the Tutu iOS app, you can alternatively do that with the Tutu desktop application.
Although it’s quite similar to the method mentioned above, it does mitigate the minor inconvenience of keeping the phone screen awake to download the Popcorn Time application.
Follow the super simple steps down below.
- Launch any browser on your laptop or desktop computer and copy/paste this URL https://www.tutuapp.com/pc/.
- Now on the download page, hit the Download button located at the top of the page.
- Wait for the application to download.
- Now that the setup is downloaded, double-click the .exe file to run the installer.
- Once installed, connect your iOS device and launch the Tutu application.
- Now within the Tutu desktop app, click on App store located at the left of the screen.
- Now search for Popcorn Time using the search bar located at the top right of the screen.
- Use the green download button next to the popcorn Time application to start downloading the IPA.
- Now, wait for the IPA file to download. The Tutu desktop app will automatically install the Popcorn Time application on your iOS device.
- That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Popcorn Time on your iOS device though Tutu desktop app.
How to Install Popcorn Time without jailbreak using Bonus Xcode method
If none of the above methods work for you, you can tryout one alternative method using a Mac machine. This process isn’t that easy and requires a developer’s account to do so.
If you’ve got Xcode 10 or above and a developer’s account, you can side load Popcorn Time IPA on your iOS device.
I’m listing the complete steps to install PT using Xcode down below.
- First things first, make sure you gave Xcode installed on your Mac.
- Now download the Popcorn Time IPA here to sideload it using Xcode.
- Once downloaded, launch Xcode and head over to Preferences and then Accounts using the Xcode tab located at the top.
- Now within the Accounts window, click the + button located at the bottom left.
- Now load the Popcorn Time IPA you downloaded earlier into Xcode.
- Once loaded, hook up your iOS device using the lightning cable.
- Now head on over to Product and then Destination to select the iOS device you want to deploy the Popcorn Time IPA on to.
- Now change the Bundle identifier by using the Project option located at the top left panel.
- Now under “No Matching Provisioning Profile Found”, click on Fix Issue.
- Finally, click on the Play button to install the IPA file onto your iOS device.
- Now unlock your phone and head on over to Settings > General > Device Management and Trust the application developer.
Install Popcorn Time without jailbreak using Pgyer
Last but not least, you can try installing Popcorn Time using Pgyer. Pgyer is great as it not only allows you to install unofficial IPAs but also give you an option to share it with others.
I’ll list the complete steps to install Popcorn Time using Pgyer down below.
- Head on over to Pgyer website and create an account.
- Once you’re done with the registration, login to your account and click on Publish.
- Now you’ll need to download the Popcorn Time IPA. You can download one from http://iphonecake.com.
- Once downloaded, upload the IPA on to Pgyer using the Upload App button.
- Wait for it uploads and then provides a custom URL that you’ll use to download the IPA on to your iOS device.
- Now open the custom URL on your iOS device and tap on Install APP.
- Wait for Popcorn Time to download and you’re done.
- Lastly, if the application doesn’t run. Go ahead and trust the application developer as discussed previously.
Install Popcorn time IPA on iOS 11 and above without jailbreaking
Step 1: Download Popcorn time IPA File from Here and save the file on your system
Step 2: Extract the file
Step 3: Now you need to Connect your iOS device to your system via a USB cable
Step 4: Download the free Cydia Impactor tool from Here onto your system i.e. Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux
Step 5: Now Launch Cydia Impactor executable file and select your connected device
Step 6: Drag and drop the iOS IPA extracted file which you had downloaded in Step 2
Step 7: It will then ask for an Apple ID for an Apple Developer account (free or paid, both will work) to sign the app with for side loading on the device > After inserting the Apple ID click OK.
Step 8: Entering a free Apple Developer account ID will make the certificate lapse in seven days, after which you should repeat this procedure. A full Apple Developer ID signs with certificates that stay legitimate for a year.
Step 9: You will receive a Dialogue Warning but click OK.
Step 10: It will digitally sign the IPA to validate it which will take few seconds.
Step 11: After following the above steps accurately, you will see the Popcorn time app icon on your Home Screen but Wait, it will NOT launch if you click on it.
Step 12: To resolve this issue, go to Settings > Navigate to General > Then Profiles & Device Management. On some iOS versions, this option might be available at General > Profile(s) & Device Management or General > Device Management. Locate the profile assigned to the Popcorn Time app, Tap on it > Select Trust > Then click on Trust again.
Step 13: You are done! Now that your profile is trusted you can straight away load Popcorn Time from iPhone or iPad and enjoy all your favorite content!
Also, Read our guide Popcorn Time on Android.
Below is the video tutorial for installing Popcorn Time on iOS without jailbreak. So follow these steps and watch movies and TV shows on-demand.
Popcorn Time iOS using VPN
We suggest that you use a VPN which will protect your system or device from cyber-attacks, hackers, and ISPs. A VPN will make your IP address hidden, thus making you invincible.
Any VPN for popcorn time you might choose, assigns you a new IP address, giving you a whole new look in the virtual world. Here are some of the best VPN service providers that we recommend:
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
Optimized for Torrents
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Popcorn Time is still a recommended software to watch and download your favorite content on the go. With Popcorn Time iOS, you can enjoy your favorite content right from your iPhone or iPad.
However, the iOS app of Popcorn Time is somewhat geo restricted, for which we recommend you use a VPN service. It not only hides your IP address but will also aid you in downloading the unofficial Popcorn Time iOS app from anywhere in the world.