It is surely a piece of great news for all torrents fans as they can download torrents sites for mac on iPad without jailbreaking the device. Previously, Apple does not allow users to download torrent clients on iPads. The use of torrent clients for iPad is continuously increasing. But with copyright holders are on the prowl to stop anyone using infringing copyrights. This promoted Apple to prevent any app that could lead to pirating content.
If you want to secure your privacy during the process, then we suggest you get hold of the best VPN for torrenting service. It will encrypt your data and make you anonymous while downloading torrents on iPad.
Download torrents on iPad without Jailbreak
If you want to download torrents on your iPad, then you would have to use a Web-based downloading service or an application. In the past, you could simply download torrents on your I-device by using a very popular application by the name of “iDownloader”. Unfortunately, this application is no longer available on the Apple App store. In fact, you will not find any torrent downloading the application on the App Store.
We are going to look at some of the steps to download torrents on iPad by using both the Web-based method and the mobile application as well.
Since there is no torrent application on the App store, we would have to improvise and use a web-based torrent-downloading method instead. There are many, web-based torrent-downloading sites on the internet that function more or less the same. However, you would have to purchase a premium subscription from them if you plan to download large files.
- For the sake of this tutorial, we are going to use Torrentsafe. Simply head on over to their site and enter the URL of the torrent file you wish to download in the field provided and hit Download.
- Now you will be prompted with a screen displaying the progress of your download along with the number of seeders.
- Wait for your download to complete and then save it to your iCloud or to My Files located on your iPad.
- Once you are done you can open the file using any appropriate application of your choice, for instance, if it is a video file then you can use VLC application to view it on your iPad.
Like we mentioned earlier “iDownloader” application is no longer available on the App Store, therefore you will have to use two different application for downloading torrents on your iPad. The first application you will need is Appvalley; this will allow you to download the main application called the iTransmission, which will allow us to download torrent files.
- The first thing you have to do is go to the browser of your iPad and search for the Appvalley Once you find the application, you will have to download and install it on your iPad.
- Now that you have trusted the application and installed it on your iPad, you will have to search for iTransmission Download and install this application as well.
- Now that you have both applications ready, head on over to your browser once more and open up any torrent site of your choice.
- Search for the torrent file you want to download and use either the magnet or the torrent download button to download the torrent file.
- As soon as you hit the download button, you will see a pop-up box saying “open in iTransmission”. Simply tap on open and your file should start downloading in iTransmission.
- Once your file completely downloads, you can view it by taping the downloaded file, which will take you to the Details Now scroll until you see Files located underneath More. Here you can tap on your torrent file to open it with any appropriate application.
Search for a torrent file
If you want to download a torrent file, you must first find a torrent file. There are numerous torrent sites on the web that can provide you with the file of your choice. These files are not located on a centralized server but instead on different user computers called seeders acting as the host server.
If you are not, sure what torrent site to use then make sure you check out our list of torrent sites. If you want to search a torrent through a torrent site, then it is very simple and can be done easily regardless of how inexperienced you may be.
- Simply go to the torrent site of your choice by using the browser of your iPad and enter the keyword of the file you are looking for in the search bar. When you get a relevant search result, make sure that it has good number seeders so that your file downloads faster.
- Now tap and hold the link of the file until it prompts you to open in the tab
- Now in the new tab, you will be able to see the full description of the file, so make sure you read it to confirm that it is what you want.
App to Download Torrent Files on iPad
When it comes to downloading torrent files on your iPad, you should use iDownloader app and then access zbigz to download torrents. Unfortunately, popular torrent apps such as BitTorrent and uTorrent are not available on the iOS platform, including iPads. Therefore, you won’t find many apps through which you can download torrents on iPad.
Can I download uTorrent on my iPad?
You can download uTorrent on your iPad instantly by following the below-mentioned steps. These steps are:
- Download and install the latest falcon release or uTorrent 3.0 alpha
- Now you can create a username and password to access your torrents remotely
- After an encryption swipe and logging in, you will experience mobile compatible interface
How do I download a movie on my iPad?
You can easily download a movie on your iPad. To achieve this objective, you will need to download a movie on your iPad through iTunes. Here is how you can download a movie on your iPad:
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to your computer
- Select your iPad from the device menu and at the top left of the screen
- Tap movies from the list of options available on the left side of iTunes
- Tick the sync movies box and choose which films you want to sync with your iPad
- If you wish to download all movies, choose the automatically include box and keep all option
- If you do not find all your files under Movies, you should also uncheck under TV shows
Likewise, you can also select another method to download a movie on your iPad directly without using your computer. Here is the list of steps you should follow. These are:
- Choose the iTunes Store app
- Now select the films section from the menu at the bottom of the screen
- Choose and pay for the movie
- Download the desired movie to watch offline
How do I download a video from the Internet to my iPad?
You can easily download a video from the internet to your iPad through Clip Grab. The Clip Grab is a free online video downloader compatible with YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and other video streaming sites. Here is how you can do to accomplish your mission.
- Download and install Clip Grab
- Now insert the video link in the Clip Grab
- Start downloading your preferred video
- Transfer the video to your iPad
- In order to transfer the video to your iPad, launch the iTunes
- Click on the iPad symbol mentioned in the top right corner
- If you do not want to synchronize your iTunes library with the iPad, you should enable the option “manually manage music and videos”
- After enabling this setting, select “On This iPad on top of the iTunes window
- Click on Add to … on the top right, A new screen will appear
- Now you can drag any video from your library or downloads folder directly on the iTunes window
- You will find these labels “Music” and “Movies” on your iTunes window
- Now the video will be transferred and you can watch it anytime on your iPad
What is Bitport?
Bitport is a browser-based cloud BitTorrent downloader that allows users to remain anonymous over the internet. As a result, you do not need to use a private internet connection to obtain anonymity. Moreover, the browser-based downloader does not need any subscription.
What Reddit says about Downloading Torrents on iPad?
Reddit is one of the most influential social media platforms where users discuss different things with each other. Likewise, users discuss different issues regarding how to download torrents on iPad quite easily. There was one question asked by Reddit user about adding movies on iPad through torrents. Moreover, find the best Reddit VPN here chosen by the Redditors.
A user started a thread where he was going out of the country and wanted to watch some movies on an iPad during the flight. Another user responded to this question by suggesting Infuse Pro. You just need to upload movies on the app through iTunes then it will play the movies instantly.
There was another question asked by Reddit user and the question was about getting torrents on iPad. There were different users those who gave the answer to this question in detail. Someone suggested to the user that he should download the VLC for iOS (downloading torrent on iOS) from the iPad app store first.
You should open iTunes app store then select your iPad under devices. After selecting iPad, you should go to the apps tab. Now, move towards file sharing, then select VLC app. You should drag your movie into the VLC documents section or click add file to browse for your movie.
As soon as the transfer is complete on your iPad, go to VLC for iOS app and you will find your movie which is ready to play in the app. In this way, Reddit is offering solutions to those users who want to safely download torrents on iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions about Downloading Torrents on iPad (FAQs)
In addition, various users have different queries about using torrents on iPad. We decided to gather all these queries and lay them out in the form of frequently asked questions (FAQ):
Can I download torrents on iPad?
Yes, you can download your favorite torrents on your iPad through iDownloader app. Just follow the steps shown above.
What is BitTorrent sharing?
BitTorent is an innovative way of performing P2P (peer-to-peer) file sharing. Torrents or Bittorents actually download small bits of the file from different web sources at a time. Torrents users are able to download music, movies, and digital books’ files through the help of BitTorrent sharing.
Why are torrents different from communities like Kazaa and others?
The first and foremost reason for Bittorent is to provide large media files to private users. There are other file-sharing networks such as Kazaa and Shareaza that have the same purpose as Bittorent. However, Bittorent is different from other communities since it uses peer to peer networking and breaks a large file into smaller chunks. Kazaa, on the other hand, is the publish-subscribe model.
How can I start using BitTorrent?
Before using bittorent, you must consider these six requirements. These requirements include:
- Bittorent client software
- A tracker server
- A torrent search engine
- A .torrent text file
- An understanding of file management on your PC
- A sound internet connection
Download torrents on iPad Reddit
Due to the rather cumbersome process of downloading torrents on devices, most people think it is impossible to download torrents on IOS supporting devices like iPads and iPhones. However, as we mentioned in our blog it is quite possible. We found a Reddit user who thinks the only way to download torrents on an iPad is through shady sources; however, one Redditer responded to this thread with a great option.
After the introduction of iDownloader app, you can easily download torrents on your iPad. The guide mentioned above describes each and every step of torrents downloading in detail. Hence, you are able to access all your favorite torrents instantly without jail-breaking your iPad. Whenever you are downloading torrents on your iPad or any device, it is better to use the best VPN.