Like other video streaming platforms, Hulu is a platform where you can watch amazing quality content like movies and TV series, along with TV series and movies it also lets you visit countless channels so you can watch your favorite content. It is geo restricted however you can access it anywhere with a Hulu VPN.
What is Roku?
Roku players are digital media players created by Roku Inc. A Roku device receives data which is the video in our case, from a wired connection or a Wi-Fi connection. The data is output via an audio cable, video cable, or an HDMI connector directly depending on the model of your Roku device. Roku is a device that supports many of the major streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu and BBC iPlayer.
How to set up Roku on your TV
To use Roku you must have a smart TV, setting up Roku is fairly easy. Here’s how its done:
- Visit the official Roku website and make an account, and follow the instructions.
- Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port of you smart TV.
- Your Roku home screen will appear, select language.
- Select the source of your internet connection
- Roku will now analyze and set your screen resolution, you can change it if it’s not okay.
- Now link your device with your Roku account, using your computer, smart phone or tablet
You’re done now, you can choose channels on your smart phone and it will be updated on your Roku device.
Is Hulu live TV available on Roku?
Hulu has recently announced that it’s going to start offering live TV on the Roku platform, furthermore, the service also indicated that live TV will be available on Roku. The Hulu live TV enables you to record shows. Let’s say both your favorite shows are being broadcasted at the same time, you can record one while you watch the other one.
Does Hulu live TV work on all models of Roku?
Hulu has made the live TV available on most of Roku devices, here’s a list of all the supported devices:
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku 2 (model 4210)
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500 or later)
- Roku TV
Setting up Hulu on Roku
Usually when you turn on your Roku device, you will see Hulu already there on the home screen. However, if it’s not there do not worry!
- Press the home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store.
- Find and select the Hulu Channel.
- Select Hulu and press add channel to confirm.
When you opt for Hulu with live TV, it will not only provide you with the 50+ channels that it offers, it will also give you unlimited access to the Hulu library and 50+ live channels.
Why is Hulu not working on my Roku device?
If you have trouble viewing Hulu consistently, it is advised to first go for general trouble shooting. If that doesn’t work follow the below mention steps:
- Delete Hulu from your Roku device by pressing the asterisk button.
- Now visit the channel store and add Hulu again.
Additionally you should go to settings >system>system update. Now manually select the check now options to see if there are any updates available, this will ensure that your device works seamlessly.
Setting up Hulu live TV on Roku is relatively easy and you do not need to be a tech guru to set it up. Roku is an insanely popular and successful device, with growing sales.
Hulu on the other hand too is one of the best in the industry, it really does offer high quality content. It gives you access to 50+ channels, with best of both the worlds entertainment is guaranteed!
Your feedback is important to us. Let us know if this article was helpful?