“And the award goes to…”
Yes, you read it correctly. Get ready all the music lovers to witness the 45th Annual American Music Awards on November 19. The biggest names in music will glitter the world’s largest fan-voted award show by their presence.
Through our guide, we will let you know how to watch American Music Awards from anywhere.
American Music Awards 2017 Channel/Broadcaster
If you are wondering how you can watch American Music Awards 2017 full show, you should tune into ABC Network. The US based channel is the official broadcaster of the event. You can stream all the glitz and glamor of star-spangled event on Sunday, Nov. 19 at 8 p.m. ET.
How to Watch American Music Awards on ABC outside the US
The official broadcaster of ‘American Music Awards Show 2017’ is ABC that follows the notions of geo restriction. Its content is only accessible to netizens in the US. This means that whoever tries to stream American Music Awards on ABC Network outside of US will see the following message:
Hence, you need to use a VPN to circumvent the problem of region blocking without any hassle. Streaming American Music Awards (AMAs) is not rocket science, and you only need to follow the steps mentioned to watch this show if you are out U.S.
- Select your preferred VPN service from the given table and subscribe
- After subscribing, download and install the app on your respective device
- Select the US server from the list of servers and go to http://abc.go.com/watch-live
- Provide your cable information and you are ready to watch world’s famous music awards show
American Music Awards (AMAs) Nominees
If you want to know the complete list of the nominees for American Music Awards 2017, you should visit the ABC official website. In the category of artist of the year, there have been five names finalized. These are: Bruno, Mars, The Chainsmokers, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Ed Sheeran. T-Mobile is sponsoring the event and the category of new artist of the year that includes James Arthur, Niall Horan, Julia Michaels, Post Malone, and Rae Sremmud.
How to Watch American Music Awards on Kodi
If you do not know about the Kodi, it means you live in fool’s paradise. Kodi is an open source multi-media platform that allows you to watch your favorite content free. However, the service uses third party best Kodi add-ons that fetch content from torrents and other sources. Thus, you must use a best VPN for Kodi to safeguard your online privacy and avoid getting DMCA notices and copyright trolls.
You can watch your favorite music awards show on Kodi straightaway. Fortunately, you can stream USTVNow Kodi add-on to achieve your objective. Furthermore, you can also install ABC network add-on on Kodi to watch American Music Awards.
In order to install USTVNow Kodi add-on, you need to install Superrepo repository on Kodi first. Here is how you can do:
- Launch Kodi>Go to Settings>File Manager>Click twice on “Add Source”
- Type a URL http://srp.nu/where it says ‘None’> Write the name of media source ‘Superrepo’ and click OK
- Go back to Kodi home screen>Add-ons>Press the ‘Package Installer’ exists at the top left corner
- Click on Install from zip file> a box will appear on your screen so scroll down and choose Superrepo>Krypton> Click on Repositories>Superrepo>Click on SuperRepo.kodi.krypton.repositories-0.7.04.zip and let the installation to complete
- After completing the repository installation, you will see a popup confirmation window on the top right side of the screen> Install from Repository>Superrepo repositories [krypton][V7]
- Select Add-on Repository>Superrepo All>
- Click Install and let the installation to finish
- After installing the Superrepo, go to the add-ons
- Click on package installer>install from repository>find Superrepo repository>Select
- Click on Video Add-ons>USTVNow plus>Install
The USTVNow plus add-on offers free live streaming option that includes seven channels. These channels are ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, NBS, PBS and My9. However, you will have to create an account first to access basic content of the add-on.
Likewise, you can also stream American Music Awards show 2017 live through ABC Network Kodi Add-on. Here is how you can install the add-on and enjoy the exclusive coverage of the show instantly.
- Download ABC network Kodi add-on
- From Kodi home screen, go to System>Add-ons>Install from Zip file
- Now search the downloaded file then install it
- Go to the Get Add-ons>t1m Add-on repo>Video-Add-ons> and choose WABC Programs
- Click Install button to start installing the ABC Network Kodi add-on
- Go to Video Add-ons>launch ABC Network Kodi Add-on
However, bear this fact in your mind that ABC Network does not allow streaming outside the US. Therefore, you should connect to a Kodi VPN when you want to watch American Music Awards 2017 through ABC.
American Music Awards 2017 Live Streaming on Roku
Roku is a streaming player just like Kodi that provides over the top content by the help of channels. Through Roku, you can also access your favorite music awards show from anywhere straightaway. However, you have to make sure that your router is connected to Roku. Here is the list of steps you should follow to stream the awards show:
- Subscribe to the VPN service of your choice
- Now configure a VPN on router connected to Roku
- Select the US server and download the ABC Network app for Roku
After installing the app for Roku, you are all set to watch the American Music Awards Show 2017. Also learn how to install kodi on roku to stream your favorite content. Still, you have to use a VPN for Roku because it follows the concept of region blocking. Thus, the users those who are living outside the US cannot access Roku without a VPN.
Watch Stars Walk on the Red Carpet and Receive Awards!
We expect you would like our detailed guide that allows you to watch American Music Awards 2017 from anywhere. Now, it is time for you to grab some popcorn and make your Sunday night unforgettable. There will not be a better time than watching your beloved stars walk the red carpet.
Feel free to provide your feedback about the experience you will be having on Sunday November 19 in the comments section below.