Just when you thought YouTube couldn’t get any bigger, well it just did. YouTube has recently launched its new app called YouTube Music. Over the years, YouTube has been used primarily as a video streaming service but many users have also used it to listen to their favorite music. With YouTube Music, you can watch and listen to all the favorite music contained in YouTube’s library. This is a free app to download on Android and iOS devices.
But there’s a catch!
YouTube Music is only accessible in Untied States, Australia, and New Zealand. If you try to access the music streaming service from any other region then you’ll be blocked off due to geo-restriction. When we tried to access the service from outside USA, the following message occurred:
Unblock YouTube Music with a VPN
One of the ways to get around this problem is through a VPN. It will allow you to change your virtual location, mask your original IP address, and unblock YouTube Music App from anywhere in the world. Here are some of the best VPN providers you can choose from. Each of them offer multiple servers located in US, New Zealand, and Australia.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$1.65 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 5 year Plan
Fastest VPN Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Torrenting
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
$3.49 Per Month
NordVPN hacked We don't recommend this VPN service after thorough research.
How to Download & Unblock YouTube Music on Android
A VPN provider will help you unblock YouTube Music app and allow you to listen to your favorite songs. But before you there is another hurdle that you need to overcome – to download the app on your device.
Since YouTube Music is only available in USA, Australia and New Zealand, you won’t be able to see the app unless you have Play Store of these three regions. To download the app, you need to sideload YouTube Music app from a third party website (such as APK Mirror).
Here’s how to download and unblock YouTube Music on Android:
- Go to APK Mirror download the app.
- If you are downloading files from third party sources for the first time, go to ‘Settings’ and enable ‘Download from Unknown Sources’
- Once you have downloaded the APK file, installed the app on your device
- Now select a VPN from the above specified table
- Create an account and sign-up for the VPN service
- download & install the VPN app on your Android device
- Open your newly install VPN & enter the login credentials
- Now connect to a VPN server located in US, New Zealand, or Australia
- After you have successfully connect to a , open YouTube Music
- Sign-in to YouTube Music & enjoy unlimited music
How to Unblock YouTube Music on iOS
Now if you are iPhone or iPad user, you will have to change your iTunes Store’s region and then use YouTube Music app. However, changing iTunes location may require credit card details of that particular region, but there is way to perform this task without providing such details. So here’s how to unblock YouTube Music on iOS devices:
- Open iTunes on you iOS device, tap on ‘Apple ID’ and then sign-out
- Now go to ‘Settings’ then open ‘General’ & ‘Language & Region’
- Select anyone of the regions from Australia, New Zealand or USA
- Once you have selected the region, go to iTunes and download YouTube Music app
- A small pop-up will appear asking you to sign-in, instead tab on ‘Create New’
- Provide the required information to create a new account
- Select ‘None’ for billing information
- Once your new account is created, download and install YouTube Music app
- Now select the best VPN for iOS as per app store rating.
- Download the VPN app on your iOS device and install the app
- Open your VPN app and connect to a VPN server located in Australia, New Zealand or USA
- After successful connection, open YouTube Music app & enjoy unlimited music videos
YouTube Music is one of a kind app that competes with the very best music streaming services such as Spotify and Pandora. It allows you to enjoy unlimited music on your mobile device while you are on the move, working out, traveling, or wherever you are.
However, not everything is that plain sailing as YouTube Music is only available in 3 regions. To overcome this problem and access the app from anywhere, just follow the above mentioned steps for Android and iOS devices. Moreover, also learn how to access TVNZ OnDemand outside New Zealand in 2018.