With an astounding 92 percent of its population online, Japan is one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world. Government surveillance and internet restriction are not now regarded as significant issues, but conditions and attitudes are slowly changing. And sadly, it is not immune to cyberattacks. To protect yourself from hacking, malware, and other cyber attacks, you need the best free VPN Japan For Singaporean Users.
Cyberattacks have increased in Japan recently. Large organizations, microenterprises, and individuals who fall into the category have all been harmed by these cybercrimes. If you’re located in Japan, you may also not be able to geo-blocked Western services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Max.
Therefore, a Virtual Private Network is required to unlock these content catalogs. A VPN is among the most effective weapons for protecting the data that belongs to you or your company.
Similarly, certain content is prohibited in Japan by its government and enforced by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). It includes online casinos and subscription services such as Hulu US. Therefore, even if you are not Japanese but are visiting Japan, you will encounter these internet restrictions.
In addition, anime and e-sports game material is produced mainly in Japan. Therefore, you’ll require a Japanese IP address if you’re outside Japan and want to access these broadcasts and services.
The best free VPN in Japan should offer excellent protection, privacy, unlimited data, and servers that let you access geo-restricted content. We’ve listed the most popular choices in this post if you’re seeking a free VPN in Japan to secure your web activity.
Quick Overview – Best Free VPN Japan For Singaporean Users
Below is a list of the best free VPNs in Japan. If you want additional information regarding these services, ensure you read down!
- ExpressVPN —Best VPN Japan For Singaporean Users with 7-days Free Trial. ExpressVPN ranks as our top pick for safely viewing Japanese and foreign content. This best free VPN is perfect for Japan, and offers upwards of 3000 servers dispersed across over 94 countries, including Japan. It has a 30-day guarantee for money back, so you can test it risk-free.
- Windscribe– 10GB Per Month of Free VPN Service for Japan. Windscribe is a free VPN with an ad and malware blocker that can get around geo-restrictions. It allows free access to 10 of its more than 60 servers and a 10GB bandwidth cap.
- ProtonVPN – Unlimited Bandwidth Free VPN with Japan Server. Proton VPN provides multiple server locations in Japan and Japanese IP addresses to safeguard your local internet connection, access Netflix Japan, and unblock content abroad.
Straight to see Best free VPN for Japan For Singaporean Users – Detailed Analysis | FAQs
Best Free VPN for Japan For Singaporean Users (In-Depth Analysis)
We know the challenges in searching for the best free VPN Japan For Singaporean Users. That is why we put so much effort into making it simple for you.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN Japan For Singaporean Users with 7-days Free Trial
- Improved Netflix streaming performance thanks to MediaStreamer DNS service
- Strict no-logs policy to guarantee complete privacy
- 3000 servers in more than 94 countries
- There is no cap on bandwidth for streaming Ultra HD, torrenting, or browsing.
- enables users to connect up to five devices at once
ExpressVPN is not only our top-rated VPN for security and invisibility, but it’s also the top VPN to watch Japanese Netflix overall. It comprises a network of more than 3000 servers in more than 94+ countries and 160 locations. Three of these servers are located in Japan.
The overall characteristics of ExpressVPN make it our frontrunner as the best VPN For Singaporean Users to connect to Japan free. Its extensive device compatibility, broad server coverage, and fast connection speeds in Japan make this VPN service the best option.
Throughout our testing, ExpressVPN enabled the Japanese Netflix catalog. It also allowed access to additional Japanese streaming services like the Japanese Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and local networks like TV Tokyo.
It works with standard operating systems and has apps for Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux devices and browser extensions for Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.
Additionally, it has a media streamer that enables routers’ connection, setting up, and other media streams incompatible with VPNs. This implies that usage in Japan is possible on devices including SmartTV, Chromecast, Echo Show, Kodi, Fire Tablets, Fire TV and Fire Stick, Roku, and much more.
Also, when accessing from far-off nations, ExpressVPN is still the leader of the pack in speed for Japan. During our ExpessVPN speed test, we connected to the VPN’s Japanese server and received a whopping download speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps. This will be sufficient for broadcasting video content in HD and UHD/4K.
ExpressVPN is highly recommended for individuals who want to stream, torrent, and perform online activities in privacy and without complexity or limitations. This VPN is well-liked because of its no logging policy, vast server network, and straightforward UI.
All of ExpressVPN’s applications and add-ons come with market-leading encryption techniques as well. It provides perfect forward secrecy, a kill switch, uncrackable AES 256-bit Cryptographic protocols, and DNS/IP leak protection. Anyone trying to monitor your online behavior will be unable to do so, thanks to split tunneling and the lack of a traffic and connection record.
You can connect up to five devices at once using one ExpressVPN subscription. You can also set up a Router connection with ExpressVPN to maximize the benefits of your service. Additionally, their online chat assistance staff is available around-the-clock to assist you with manually configuring your router to work with ExpressVPN.
The cost of ExpressVPN monthly subscription service is US SGD 9/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) With ExpressVPN’s hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantee, you can give it a try immediately and receive a full reimbursement if unsatisfied with its services.
ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial that you can use to try the VPN, or you can avail of the 30-day money-back guarantee to test the VPN, we are certain you will like it.
To know more about this VPN, try out our ExpressVPN review Singapore.
- It consistently unblocks Japanese Netflix For Singaporean Users.
- It provided the fastest connection speeds into Japan.
- It provides possibilities for a free trial and a money-back guarantee.
- It works best for Prime Video and Hulu Japan.
- Only some Japanese servers allow access to Netflix Japan.
- Its subscription fees are higher than typical.
2. Windscribe – 10GB Per Month of Free VPN Service for Japan
- It has 500 servers spread out over more than 60 nations.
- 10GB maximum bandwidth.
- Permits many connections at once.
- Has an ad blocker and a static IP for added encryption.
Windscribe is another free VPN in Japan For Singaporean Users. The free plan does not include a Japanese IP address. It includes ten free servers strategically placed in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, and Turkey.
It provides unlimited concurrent users, 2GB of monthly data, and limitless bandwidth. When you validate your email address, the monthly data cap is increased to 10GB. Additionally, users of Windscribe receive 5GB of bandwidth for tweeting about the program.
Windscribe adheres to a zero-logging policy, you can feel safe that the VPN doesn’t maintain a record of any information containing your personally identifiable information.
Windscribe is also influential in terms of security. This VPN features OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2, the most superior VPN protocols in terms of security. The VPN also features a multi-hop functionality, a free SOCKS5 gateway, ad-blocking, the capability to create a protected hotspot, an automatic kill switch, and other features.
In addition, it offers you a ton of flexibility when setting up your preferences, such as automatically connecting to the most recent location, opening the app on startup, and permitting LAN traffic when the firewall is on. Additionally, more than 25 languages are offered.
While it’s generally accepted that free VPNs can’t usually unblock geo-restricted content, Windscribe VPN may unblock Netflix if your preferred library is located in one of the 11 server locations that are accessible to free users.
During our Windscribe speed tests, we confirmed that even on the free level, Windscribe has quick VPN speeds. On a 100 Mbps connection, we received a download speed of 65.21 Mbps and an upload speed of 34.75 Mbps.
Although the annual plan costs $69 upfront, it offers a better deal of$5.75 per month when compared to the monthly plan’s $9 price. Additionally, Windscribe provides a “build-a-plan” solution that enables you to purchase individual access points for $1 per month (with a $3 minimum).
The main issue with Windscribe’s pricing is that it offers a three-day money-back promise rather than the 30-day guarantee that is usual in the business. However, Singaporean are welcome to use Windscribe free trial. Also users can cancel Windscribe’s subscription at any time.
Read more about the Windscribe in our Windscribe review Singapore.
- The free plan comes with a large amount of data.
- It uses more advanced AES-256 encryption.
- It adheres to a zero-logs policy.
- The free version allows for torrenting and access to US Netflix.
- It has user-friendly apps.
- The money-back-guarantee available lasts three days only.
- The Five Eyes are watching over its Canadian base.
3. ProtonVPN – Unlimited Bandwidth Free VPN For Japan For Singaporean Users
- More than 1871 servers in 64 countries, including 419 in 14 US cities, are available from this VPN company.
- Provides limitless bandwidth.
- Uses military-grade AES-256 encryption.
- Allows ten devices to connect at once.
ProtonVPN was founded in 2017, which is less recent than many of its competitors, like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, in just a few years; it has built a solid profile for security and openness. If you have been wondering which free VPN works in Japan For Singaporean Users?, Proton VPN is the one. It offers 39 servers in 2 locations for free in Japan, making it the best free VPN japan For Singaporean Users.
One of the handfuls of best Japan free VPNs that offer unlimited data usage and several servers in Japan is Proton VPN’s free edition. As a result, you can browse Japanese websites and obtain a free Japanese IP address with Proton VPN.
Proton VPN’s paid version has a solid track record of unblocking Japanese Netflix For Singaporean Users. It can give you an IP address in Tokyo or Osaka and has 28 operational servers in Japan.
If you are worried if Proton VPN is Safe? you can be sure that its apps are wholly open-source and regularly reviewed by outside cybersecurity experts across every platform. Proton VPN provides all the standard security features you’d anticipate from any reputable VPN company, including an automatic kill switch, IP/DNS leak prevention, and AES 256-bit cryptography which are all part of its free version.
When connecting to Japan during our ProtonVPN speed tests with a connection of 100 Mbps we got a download speed of 65.12 Mbps and an upload speed of 59.32 Mbps. You can use it to unblock Kodi, Netflix, Roku, Youtube, Instagram, Spotify, and Facebook.
The commercial options from Proton VPN are $72 per year or $10 per month, and they come with support for up to 10 simultaneous connections and access to servers in 67 different locations. Additionally, the programs offer a ProtonVPN free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee to cancel ProtonVPN’s subscription anytime you want by contacting customer support. You can also contact customer support if ProtonVPN is not working.
Read more about this VPN in our Proton VPN review Singapore.
- It has 28 servers in Tokyo and Osaka.
- It offers quick global speeds.
- The trial version has IP addresses from Japan.
- It follows the “zero logging” principle.
- It hasn’t created any browser add-ons.
How do we choose and evaluate these Free Japan VPNs For Singaporean Users?
- Encryption Technology – A good free VPN in Japan For Singaporean Users should have high-tech encryption technology. These encryption technologies will ensure that the user is protected from cyber-attacks while at the same time maintaining a high degree of anonymity from the Japanese government. When choosing our top VPN picks, we confirmed they feature some of the latest security protocols, including a no-logs policy, a kill switch, AES Encryption Technology, and DNS leak protection.
- Unblocking Capabilities on Geo-restricted Channels – A good Japan VPN For Singaporean Users should have a good reputation for unblocking geo-restricted content. The VPNs we chose are capable of unblocking content on popularly used platforms such as ESPN, Hulu, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. As a result, they are capable of removing the restrictions in Japan.
- VPN Speed – The VPNs we considered have ultra-fast upload and download speeds. A good VPN should always be fast, guaranteeing uninterrupted user streaming, as buffering can be your worst enemy when streaming live content. To avoid this problem, consider using one of the best free VPN Japan For Singaporean Users options in this article.
- Subscription Price – Investing in a premium VPN doesn’t necessarily mean you have to get one with a hefty subscription price. Many impeccable options come at a friendly cost. When choosing the best VPN for Japan For Singaporean Users, we considered their subscription prices.
The servers’ performance typically impacts the quality of your files and the caliber of your browsing. If your provider offers a variety of options, you can quickly swap between servers. Free VPNs may provide some difficulties in this situation. Many companies that give free versions only have a few servers.
What are the risks of using a free VPN in Japan For Singaporean Users?
It makes sense that users are drawn to free VPN providers considering the many apps available and extras accessible nowadays. Free VPNs promise you privacy and secure surfing; however, what you wouldn’t spend in dollars, you can eventually shell out for in another currency.
For you to draw an opinion, we’ve developed a summary of the risks associated with free VPN services.
- Data Limitations
ProtonVPN is among the few free VPNs that consistently provide its users unrestricted access. It’s uncommon to discover a free VPN that delivers data plans. However, the data limits are typically somewhat restrictive, with industry players like TunnelBear only providing 500MB each month with their free service.
You cannot watch YouTube or try to access Netflix, but this will be sufficient to safeguard you during internet transactions or browsing. Most businesses use the free VPN program to draw clients who are likely to upgrade to a paying service once they become aware of the limitations.
- Poor Security
The capacity of a VPN to safeguard you against cybercrime is what most users find to be its best feature. Even though this is one of the primary uses for a VPN, free VPN network operators only sometimes place the same value on it as their customers do. CSIRO found that 38% of the 283 VPNs it examined had malware.
Although to a certain extent, this is reasonable, corporations must find some way to generate revenue, and most malware takes the shape of advertisements. Some of the biggest offenders advertise unrestricted access as part of their free services, which raises more questions about them than companies who place restrictions on access.
- Slow Speeds
Free VPNs typically negatively influence your surfing speed, although most VPN providers impose some lag depending on the volume of traffic. Some businesses offer preference to their subscribers, which means that if there is a great deal of traffic from paying subscribers, free users would be crawling across cyberspace at a snail’s speed. Other free VPN service providers who let so much advertising will similarly have a detrimental effect on how you browse. Similarly, a lack of bandwidth might obstruct access and slow down rates.
- Selling Bandwidth
Even businesses that provide free VPN services need to turn a profit, and regrettably, a few have decided to place their customers’ security at risk to increase their bottom line. Some offenders make the computers of their free users into exit nodes, which makes them the location where encoded traffic reaches the web.
Due to a flaw in their free VPN service, they can access the gadgets of their free users and consume their paying customers’ bandwidth in the process. Hence, someone else is using your IP address to access the internet, and as a result, you are responsible for any evil deeds they commit.
- Data Logging
The main benefit of a VPN is browsing the internet anonymously and safely. A VPN establishes a safe tunnel via which you may skulk around in the shadowy corners of the internet with no one noticing you’re there—aside from your VPN provider. This is done by scrambling your information. A VPN Service shouldn’t monitor you or keep a record of your whereabouts. On the other hand, free VPNs aren’t as dependable.
- A Deluge of Ads
As was already noted, a free VPN that bombards you with ads will undoubtedly give you a sluggish service. Additionally, it is intrusive and bothersome to see a screen full of advertisements each time you access the internet. Despite some businesses’ claims to the contrary, advertisements frequently appear online. They can direct you to dangerous websites and indicate that your VPN service is revealing details about your browsing habits to other external parties.
Free VPNs to avoid while choosing a VPN in Japan For Singaporean Users
You must always use caution while considering the free Japan VPN For Singaporean Users. You’ll see several dubious free VPNs with alarming security flaws that you should avoid. Using these VPNs is risky since they may unknowingly reveal your data to advertisers and third parties. Additionally, free VPNs with viruses and spyware have been known to exist.
- HOXXVPN – This free VPN has been reported for being involved in some shady dealings. The VPN comes with some user-friendly menus which end up promote its download. However, most users do not know that the VPN gathers their information and, later on, illegally sells them for profit. Additionally, when tested in Japan, the VPN failed to remove the restrictions put up. For more, refer to our HoxxVPN review Singapore.
- HOLAVPN – Hola is also a free VPN. Its main setback is that several cases have occurred where it has been found recording users’ browsing activities and selling them to third parties, highly exposing its users to cyber attacks. When using Hola VPN, you risk your personal information and online browsing data getting accessed by other parties. The VPN also performed poorly in unblocking geo-restricted content in Japan. To know more, refer to our HolaVPN review Singapore.
- Hide. Me – This free VPN has grown popular over the years due to its ability to unblock content on major platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. It also comes with a very reliable customer support service. However, Be aware of all these cool features. There have been reports of the VPN keeping user logs and selling them to third parties. The kill switch also fails at times, and the app constantly crashes. This VPN could be more reliable and should be avoided. Our Hide.me review Singapore covers pretty much everything you need to know about this VPN.
FAQs – Best Free VPN for Japan For Singaporean Users
Which Free VPN has an accessible Japan server For Singaporean Users?
Proton VPN. It is one of the best free VPNs with Japanese servers For Singaporean Users. You may join for it without providing any financial information, and there is no data cap. But expect it to keep Japanese Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming services.
How do Singaporean get US Netflix in Japan for free?
Compared to Netflix Japan, the US version features more streaming content. But how are Singaporean going to obtain it? There is an easy solution. You may now stream US Netflix in Japan with a dependable VPN. Even if you’re using the same Netflix account, the best free and fastest VPN connects you to lightning-fast servers that provide you access to the US Netflix catalog.
ExpressVPN represents a more aggressive approach, so we suggest it. By routinely sending all of your Internet data through a “tunnel,” this service will give the impression that you are physically situated in the USA or any other nation.
To start with ExpressVPN, visit its official site in your browser or download it via the play store. Although there are three options, the annual plan offers the best value. Your account information and the creation of a password will be required.
Is it illegal For Singaporean Users to use a free VPN in Japan?
No. In Japan, using a VPN is not yet prohibited by law For Singaporean Users. Japan has fair rules governing user privacy. Internet, social media, and other resources are all freely available to citizens.
Even the best free VPN Japan For Singaporean Users has, can not fully compete with premium VPNs to keep you secure online. The best security, as well as assistance for streaming and torrenting, are provided by premium services. And you typically get unlimited data and bandwidth, unlike most free Japan VPNs. More servers will be available to you, and faster connections will be available.
The good news is that most premium VPNs provide free trials and money-back guarantees, allowing you to decide if the service is exemplary for you before committing. ExpressVPN is our top choice as the best japan VPN For Singaporean Users because it is incredibly fast, safe, and capable of unblocking many subscription services, including Netflix US.
Try it out risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee that it has. If you’re not satisfied, you can request a full refund.