Own an Apple TV device and want to access American Netflix from in Singapore? Well, don’t worry. In this guide, we’ll tell you how you can stream US Netflix on Apple TV step-by-step in Singapore.
The American Netflix library offers a comprehensive library with ample popular TV shows, movies, and Originals. It is, thereby, the envy of all binge-streamers worldwide.
Similarly, thanks to the incredible video-streaming capabilities and 4k playback quality support, the Apple TV media player has fans across the world, in Singapore.
However, if you’re in Singapore and desire to enjoy American Netflix on your Apple TV device, then we have a quick hack for you. All you need is a top VPN to stream American Netflix in Singapore on your Apple TV.
We tested 30+ VPNs for this. However, our top choice remained ExpressVPN due to its 23+ US servers, unmatched unblocking capabilities, and super-fast speeds.
So, as promised, let’s give you a few methods to watch US Netflix on your Apple TVs in Singapore.
Quick Overview – 5 Best VPNs to Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore – Offers dedicated router apps for Tomato and DD-WRT. Delivers lag-free video streaming on Apple TV. Offers fast speed of 86.18 Mbps on 100 Mbps base connection and top-notch 256-bit encryption. Costs SGD8.97/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) .
- Surfshark – Best Value VPN to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV – Starting from as low as SGD 3.09/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) . Offers an average speed of 85.49 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Offers support to DD-WRT, Asus, and Tomato routers.
- NordVPN – Secure VPN to Unblock Netflix USA on Apple TV – Offers tons of features to help you bypass harsh Netflix geo-blocks on Apple TV. Comes with features like kill switch, Dark Web Protection, Nordlynx, OpenVPN protocol, and more. Offers an average speed of 83.48 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Offers support to DD-WRT, Asus, OpenWRT, and Linksys routers. Costs SGD 5.37/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) .
- IPvanish – Fastest Apple TV VPN to Enjoy 4K Netflix Streaming – Capable of offering fast speeds of up to 86.75 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Allows 4K streaming on Netflix using Apple TV. Offers support to DD-WRT routers. Costs SGD 4.48/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) .
- CyberGhost – Optimized Netflix Streaming Servers for Apple TV – Offers optimized servers for streaming Netflix. Capable of offering an average speed of 75.47 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Offers support to DD-WRT and Tomato routers. Costs SGD2.84/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) .
How to Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore
Setting up a VPN on Apple TV in Singapore is a bit complicated. Why? Because Apple TVs don’t offer native support for VPNs. Therefore, you cannot set up a VPN directly on the device.
So. to get American Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore, you either need to get a pre-configured router or just use any of the methods mentioned in our guide.
Following are some easy ways to configure a VPN on Apple TV:
- Configure a VPN on your physical router
- Use a VPN through AirPlay
- Set up a VPN through Smart DNS on Apple TV
Method 1: Configure a VPN on your physical Wi-Fi router at home
- Open the router dashboard by entering 192.168.1.1 in your browser URL.
- Click “Services” and then the “VPN” option.
- Tick the Enable box present next to “Start Open VPN Client.”
- Contact the VPN support team after adding the settings (We highly recommend using ExpressVPN for Apple TV). Also, please remember to select a US server.
- Fire up your Apple TV and connect to the VPN-enabled Wi-Fi router.
- Go to the Netflix app and log into your Netflix account. Since you’ll be connected to a US IP of ExpressVPN, you’ll automatically be shown American Netflix.
- Choose the title you desire to watch and enjoy watching American Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore.
Method 2: Use a VPN through AirPlay
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Install its dedicated app on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
- Launch the app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to the Netflix app and select the content titles you want to AirPlay.
- Cross-check that your TV and iOS device are connected to the same internet connection.
- Tap on the “Screen Mirror” icon, choose your Apple TV, and enjoy streaming US Netflix!
Method 3: Set up a VPN through Smart DNS on Apple TV
- Subscribe to a VPN that offers Smart DNS (We highly recommend using ExpressVPN as it offers an exclusive MediaStreamer feature).
- Visit expressvpn.com. Then, choose My Account > DNS Settings.
- Choose “Register My IP Address” present under IP Address Registration. Please note that if it already mentions registered, you’re not required to select the option.
- Then enable “Automatically Register My IP Address.”
- Visit the settings of your ExpressVPN account, and choose Dashboard > Set Up Other Devices.
- Choose Apple TV. After this, the MediaStreamer DNS IP address will become visible on your screen.
- Then, go to the Apple TV settings and click on Network.
- From there, choose Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Network. Scroll down and select Configure DNS > Manual.
- Insert the MediaStreamer IP address there and click Done.
- Restart your Apple TV and launch it.
- Visit your Netflix app, log in to your existing Netflix account, and access Netflix US.
Best VPNs to Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore
We tested 30+ VPN services based on router compatibilities, US servers, unblocking Netflix libraries, speeds, security, and more. Based on testing, these are the best Apple TV VPNs in Singapore to enjoy streaming American Netflix in Singapore:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore
- 3,000+ Servers in 94 Countries
- Hard disk free infrastructure (RAM only)
- 256-bit Military-Grade Encryption
- Excellent unblocking capability for Netflix, Hulu & more
- 5 Multi Logins
- Zero-knowledge DNS
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get American Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore, thanks to this VPN’s multiple US servers, super-fast speeds, fantastic unblocking capabilities, and preconfigured router apps for Tomato and DD-WRT routers.
After setting up ExpressVPN on our DD-WRT router model and connecting to its Los Angeles server, we tried accessing American Netflix and became successful within 3 minutes.
Streaming an exclusive US Netflix title Amandla! A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony made us realize that the speeds of ExpressVPN were great.
We were able to watch the entire documentary in 1080p, with no signs of buffering. When tested for speeds in Singapore, ExpressVPN delivered super-fast speeds of 86.18 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection, which was fantastic.
Connected to a US server, we tried accessing multiple other American streaming platforms like HBO Max, Hulu, Peacock TV in Singapore, YouTube TV, ESPN plus and more from in Singapore.
All in all, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for USA in Singapore and an all-rounder VPN for Apple TV. You can get its premium service at the cost of just SGD8.97/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan), along with five multi-logins and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more information about this VPN, check out our ExpressVPN review in Singapore.
2. Surfshark – Best Value VPN to Watch American Netflix on Apple TV
- 3,200+ servers in 100 countries
- RAM-only servers (no hard disks)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks Netflix and More
- 24/7 Customer Service
If you’re looking for a cheap VPN in Singapore, then Surfshark is exactly what you need. Even with budget-friendly prices, this VPN offers a super-reliable service to users in Singapore.
This VPN offers 500+ US servers on its network. We connected to its New York server on our router and could unblock Netflix with Surfshark in Singapore using the US region on our Apple TV within 3 minutes.
We started streaming a popular US sports movie Real Steel and could enjoy it with no lags and Ultra HD playback quality. When tested for speeds in Singapore, Surfshark offered an average speed of 85.49 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Using Surfshark’s US VPN server, we could unblock Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, HBO Max, YES Network in Singapore, and more quite easily.
The best thing about this VPN is that it offers unlimited simultaneous connections to users. It also offers a 30-day refund policy and comes at a price of just SGD 3.09/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). For more information about this VPN connection, check out our Surfshark review in Singapore.
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN to Unblock Netflix USA on Apple TV
- 5100+ servers in 60+ countries
- Military-grade encryption (Double VPN encryption)
- CyberSec protects your device from intrusive ads
- Strict no-logs policy
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DNS leak protection
- 6 Multi-logins
- Live chat support
- Easy-to-use app
Next up, we have NordVPN, one of the most secure VPNs to unblock American Netflix in Singapore and enjoy it on Apple TV. Along with advanced security features, such as obfuscated servers, Nordlynx, and a kill switch, this VPN offers 1970+ servers in the US.
We connected NordVPN’s Denver server to our router and tried unblocking American Netflix. In just 4 minutes, we could unlock the best Netflix library in the world.
We started watching a thriller called Manorama Six Feet Underusing NordVPN and could enjoy it and many other content titles on US Netflix without any delays.
As part of our testing methodology, we also tested NordVPN for speeds in Singapore. On our 100 Mbps connection, this VPN delivered an average speed of 83.48 Mbps.
Like the other two VPNs above, we could unblock multiple US-based VoD services with NordVPN. We tried accessing Vudu in Singapore, and Grit TV in Singapore and enjoyed it all day.
If anonymity and secure streaming is your major concern, then NordVPN is the right VPN for you. It comes at SGD 5.37/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and offers six multi-logins and a 30-day refund policy to users. For more information about this VPN, check out our NordVPN review in Singapore.
4. IPVanish – Fastest Apple TV VPN to Enjoy 4K Netflix Streaming
- PPTP, L2TP/IPSec & OpenVPN protocols
- 40,000+ IPs & 1000+ servers in 60+ countries
- 10 Multi logins
- 7-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 256bit AES encryption
IPVanish is the fastest VPN in Singapore to enjoy American Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore. This VPN offers blazing-fast speeds on its 1169 US servers.
We connected IPVanish’s Miami VPN server to our Apple TV and tried unblocking American Netflix. You won’t believe it, but this VPN lets us access this streaming service within a minute.
We clicked on Whose Vote Counts, Explained– a famous TV show on US Netflix and enjoyed multiple episodes of it without any form of buffering and its video quality not going below 1080p.
Curious, we tested IPVanish for speeds in Singapore, and it delivered a mind-blowing speed of 86.75 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Thanks to its speed, we enjoyed various American content in Singapore. We unblocked HBO Max in Singapore using IPVanish and enjoyed our favorite TV show, Game of Thrones.
You get IPVanish at the cost of SGD 4.48/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) . You get unlimited simultaneous connections and a 30-day refund policy to users on all its plans. For more information about this VPN connection, check out our IPVanish review in Singapore.
5. CyberGhost – Optimized Netflix Streaming Servers for Apple TV
- 7,700+ Servers in 90 Countries
- 7 Simultaneous Logins
- 45 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Strict No Logs Policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Strong Protocols & Encryption
Last on our list, we have CyberGhost, a user-friendly VPN to watch US Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore. This VPN offers optimized streaming servers especially to unblock American Netflix in your region.
This VPN offers 1270+ US servers in its server network. We connected its Atlanta server to our router and tried accessing American Netflix on our Apple TV. Using this VPN, we could unblock the VoD service within 5 minutes.
We started streaming a popular teen drama movie by Cameron Diaz called Bad Teacher using this VPN. We realized after the movie ended that we were able to enjoy it without any lags and in 1080p.
We tested CyberGhost for speeds in Singapore, and it delivered an average speed of 75.47 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Along with Netflix USA, we could unblock and enjoy multiple US streaming services. To enjoy some famous NBC hits and originals, we tried accessing Peacock TV in Singapore and streamed tons of content easily.
CyberGhost comes at a price of just SGD2.84/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) . Along with that, it offers seven multi-logins and a 45-day money-back guarantee. For more information about this VPN, check out our CyberGhost review.
FAQs – Get American Netflix on Apple TV In Singapore
How do I get US Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore?
You can get American Netflix on Apple TV using a VPN service in Singapore. Since Apple TV does not offer native support to VPNs, you can use any of these three methods: using a VPN through AirPlay, setting up a VPN on your physical router, and using Smart DNS.
How do I change my Netflix region on Apple TV in Singapore?
To change your Netflix region, you’d require a new IP address. You can get one by using a virtual private network. To access the American Netflix library in Singapore, you’d require a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to any of its US servers.
Is Netflix no longer on Apple TV in Singapore?
Netflix is available on the 2nd Generation of Apple TV and older. Apple TV offers a built-in app of Netflix, so all users need to do is launch the app, sign in using their credentials, and enjoy it in Singapore!
This ends our guide on how to get American Netflix on Apple TV in Singapore. We mean, desperate times call for fun measures.
If you’re tired of watching Netflix of your region, then it’s time you buy the most reliable VPN for yourself instead of a free VPN service, configure it on your router, and enjoy all popular US Netflix content on Apple TV in Singapore.
Out of all the VPNs we listed, if you want the one that hands down offers the best service, then you need to trust us and opt for our top choice – ExpressVPN. Not only does this VPN offer 23+ US servers in 14 cities, but also amazing speeds, security, and unblocking capabilities.
If you have any questions about your Apple TV devices in Singapore, please ask in the comment section below. Until then, happy streaming!