If you are familiar with the VPN products, NordVPN probably needs no introduction. The provider has taken the market by a storm, securing millions of subscriptions. In this guide, I will be discussing how to setup NordVPN on Router.
NordVPN offers over 5,600 servers and is available across 60 countries. It’s online security and privacy is extraordinary. It offers double VPN encryption, connection to 6 devices simultaneously, and costs only $3.49/mo .
Although NordVPN has excellent apps for the common platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android), it supports only few routers. Setting up NordVPN on router will help you connect unlimited devices and it will give you complete online security.
Routers Supported by NordVPN
NordVPN only supports Asus routers with stock firmware. If you want to setup NordVPN on other routers, you will first have to flash it with open-source firmware like Tomato or DD-WRT.
Let’s see how you can install NordVPN on an Asus router. Moreover, visit here to check out more VPNs for DD-WRT routers.
How to Setup NordVPN on Router (ASUS)
- Description: Give a name to the connection as you like
- Username: Enter your NordVPN username
- Password: Enter your NordVPN password
These steps will get NordVPN working on ASUS router.
Why You Should Configure NordVPN on Router
There are several reasons why having NordVPN on your router can be quite valuable. Here are some of the reasons you should know:
- Always Stay Connected: You will always be connected to the VPN as soon as you hook your devices to your router’s connection. This means you’ll never have to remember to turn on a VPN to initiate a secure browsing/streaming/torrenting etc. session.
- One-time setup: Setting up a VPN on a router is only a one-time-process. You will simply have to connect your device to the home Wi-Fi to automatically come under VPN protection. Literally that’s all you need to do.
- No VPN Compatibility Issues: While NordVPN is compatible with a lot of devices, no VPN can support every other electronic gadget or device that industries are churning out every other day. But if your router is running NordVPN, then the question of compatibility with other devices becomes irrelevant.
- Works with Multiple Devices: All you need to give a VPN-enabled connection to whatever device you need a VPN for is to simply turn on its Wi-Fi. Since NordVPN is installed within the router itself, your device will automatically receive an internet connection that is integrated with the VPN. You can connect as many devices to your NordVPN connection as your router can support it. For more information on how NordVPN works, you must read our full NordVPN review.
Routers Not Compatible with NordVPN
The following routers are not compatible with NordVPN:
If you want to set up NordVPN on router that includes one of these, then you will have to first flash firmware and setup DD-WRT.
NordVPN doesn’t support many router models. Nonetheless, if you are an Asus user, then you can enjoy the outstanding experience of running NordVPN on router and bring the security of all your devices under the fold of a VPN’s protective layers.
This VPN will help you hide your online activity and masks your original IP address. You can connect to multiple devices and feel very safe while making online transactions.