Samsung released its flagship model Galaxy Note 5 with plenty of innovations and cutting-edge technology. Packed with top-notch offerings, Note 5 offers slim metal-glass finish, a 5.7″ Super AMOLED screen, brilliant camera, Hercules battery life and a signature Stylus. With distinct characteristics, Note 5 takes an edge over its predecessors. However, the phone has been reported to derive particular vulnerabilities such as remote call snooping and more bugs that pose threats to users data privacy.
Cheers! To protect your Galaxy Note 5 and get the most out of your top-tier Smartphone, you need either a Samsung VPN or an Android VPN or may be a VPN for Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Here’s how to setup a VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Go to settings of your phone.
- Tap on Connections from the top bar.
- Scroll to More Networks.
- Click on VPN.
- Add a VPN by tapping on “+” from the top right corner.
- Enter a connection name and select the desired tunneling protocol.
- Enter server address as provided by the VPN service and Save.
- Tap on newly added connection to connect.
- Enter VPN login credential details as provided by the provider.
- Upon successful connection, the VPN connection status will turn to connected. Enjoy !
Detailed Steps to Configure VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5
If you face any difficulty with the installation steps mentioned above, then you can refer to the following detailed and illustrated guide to setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. This guide aims to provide comprehensive assistance for the VPN installation on Note 5:
- Go to the menu of your phone and tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Connections” from the top bar.
- Click on “Mobile networks”.
- Tap on “VPN”.
- Tap on “+” from the top right corner of the screen to add a new VPN connection.
- Enter VPN connection name, select the desired tunneling protocol, enter server address as provided by VPN service and hit save.
- Now you will be able to see the new VPN connection in the list.
- Tap on the newly made connection to connect.
- If the connection is successful, the VPN connection status will turn to connected, and you will be able to access thousands of geo-restricted websites immediately. In addition to this, 100% anonymity and protection against every cyber threat will be an additional benefit of using a VPN. Enjoy!
Note: The tunneling protocols include PPTP and L2TP with distinct benefits. The PPTP tunneling protocol uses 128-bit encryption keys to render industry standard protection to your data and is preferred for media streaming and web surfing. Similarly, the L2TP delivers military grade encryption to your data and is suitable for Torrenting and P2P file sharing.
Best VPN for Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Now when you know how to setup VPN on your phone, we have listed some best VPN providers for Samsung Galaxy Note 5. These VPN offer state-of-the-art security infrastructure with a fantastic mix of leading-edge tunneling protocols to deliver reliable protection against toughest cyber-threats. Each of these VPN services is tested and fully compatible with Galaxy Note 5. Get one of these VPN, protect your Galaxy Note 5 and access millions of geo-blocked services and websites instantly.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
3 Years Plan
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
Why Do You Need a VPN for Samsung Galaxy Note 5?
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a perfect unison of elegance and performance. Sleek design, leading-edge hardware configuration and powerful functionalities are some polished offerings of Galaxy Note 5. The 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 chipset seamlessly handles multiple tasks at a time. However, weaker security infrastructure and lack of encryption tools have impacted Android devices for a long time and unfortunately Note 5 comes in the same list.
Security experts Daniel Komaromy and Nico Golde have unveiled that, phones that come with “Shannon” line of baseband LTE modem paired with Exynos 7420 chipset are highly vulnerable to hacks, snooping attacks and other malicious cyber threats. The vulnerability allows a malicious firmware to reroute voice calls through any shady base station. The process initiates automatically every time a call is made.
Data privacy experts and security researchers suggest users equip note 5 with a Galaxy VPN and get protected against modern cyber threats. The above mentioned VPN services offer state-of-the-art tunneling protocols to encrypt our data and route it through secured VPN servers. This makes data unreadable to hackers, snoopers, intruders and every person on earth who wishes to eavesdrop on our data privacy.
The flagship model of Samsung “Galaxy Note 5” made over 75,000 units sold in just three days after its release. Claimed to be a “more humane device” by the Verge, Galaxy Note 5 provides a higher-quality user experience and unbeatable offerings. However, individual shortcomings such as non-removable battery and no expandable storage option are some downsides of the phone. But netizens data privacy stands above all and ranks as a top priority for the sake of safety.
A VPN is the most suitable and affordable solution to get protected against unauthorized surveillance, hackers, data sniffers, intruders and snoopers. It is surely a one-stop solution for privacy and accessibility to geo-blocked services. In addition to this, It allows you to switch your location to the overseas server and access foreign libraries of on-demand streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Channel 7, and Nine Network.