Google Chromecast is a fantastic streaming device that is small enough to fit in your pockets and powerful enough to project HD quality streams onto your television.
The device allows users to stream content from popular services like Netflix from any device including smartphones, tablets, and computers. The only issue that you might encounter is that of geo-restrictions, which might limit the availability of some apps on the Chromecast.
A Chromecast VPN can help you get rid of geo-restrictions and make it easier for you to watch Netflix. But first, you will have to set up Netflix on Chromecast, the details of which I am going to cover in the blog.
Setting up Netflix on Chromecast
The best thing about Chromecast is how easy it is to use and cast apps like Netflix on the television screen if you have Chromecast device hooked to it.
The required steps are as follows:
- Plug Chromecast in the HDMI port of your TV
- Connect your Chromecast and the device you want to cast from to the same Wi-Fi network
- Start your Netflix app and stream a show on your device
- Now press on the cast icon on the Netflix app to watch content on your TV
Watch Netflix on Chromecast using a Laptop
Watching Netflix on Chromecast via your laptop is a very simple process. All you need from your laptop is a working Wi-Fi connection and Google Chrome, both of which are commonly available in virtually every laptop in the world.
Google Chrome has a cast feature that you can click on from the settings drop down menu:
This cast allows you to cast anything that you are viewing on your Chrome browser.
So, if you want to cast Netflix on your TV from a laptop:
- Login to Netflix from Chrome browser
- Choose a show or movie
- Click the “Cast” button from Chrome settings menu
- Press F11 to enter fullscreen mode to see full size video on your television
Watch Netflix on Chromecast Using an Android
Netflix has a dedicated Android app which you can find on the Play Store. To use your Android for casting Netflix on your TV, follow these steps:
- Download and install Netflix app on your Android device
- Connect Android to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast device
- Launch Netflix and search for a movie/show
- Tap on the cast icon
- Choose the name of your Chromecast
- Now you can control playback using the blue bar that appears at the top of your Android while the stream plays on the TV
Note: If you are trying to access Netflix from overseas, you would need a Netflix VPN Android App in order to watch your desired content smoothly.
Watch Netflix on Chromecast Using iPhone
The Netflix app is also available on iPhone, which makes it extremely convenient to cast your favorite shows and movies to your TV. The iPhone basically functions as a remote control for your Netflix streams running on your TV.
Here’s how to project Netflix from your iPhone to your TV with a Chromecast:
- Launch Netflix app on your iPhone
- Select a movie or show
- Press the cast icon on the upper right corner of the screen
- A dialog box should open with “Chromecast” and ”iPhone”
- Select “Chromecast”
- The stream should appear on your TV shortly
Like Android, you can control playback of the Netflix stream using the blue bar that appears on the top of your iPhone. It is recommended to use the best VPN for iOS to stream safely and anonymously.
Watch US Netflix on Chromecast from Anywhere in the World
Netflix is now available in almost every country of the world. However, the availability of titles varies for every country and region in which Netflix works.
The region with the largest content library is the US, but this library is only available for citizens in the US.
That’s a real bummer! But guess what, there is a way to access US Netflix from anywhere in the world. It involves the use of a VPN service.
Just equip your device with a VPN and you can access US Netflix right away!
Fixing Netflix Problems on Chromecast
No matter how far technology advances, technical issues can never be fully ruled out. The Chromecast is the same in this regard and while you might encounter issues getting it work now and then, serious problems are relatively uncommon in Google Chromecast.
Here are a few quick fixes you should try if you encounter any problems with Netflix on Chromecast:
- Restart router: Slow Wi-Fi connection is often the root cause of problems when you are unable to project Netflix through Chromecast on your TV. Restarting the router can solve this issue in some cases. However, if your Internet connection is constantly slow, you might have to upgrade your package.
- Keep device firmware updated: Older versions of iOS and Android do not support Netflix for Chromecast. Make sure you are using updated operating systems as well as updated Netflix app to ensure high functionality.
- Use Power Adapter for Chromecast: Some Smart TVs don’t have enough juice to power your Chromecast device optimally, especially if you are streaming high quality Netflix content. A power adapter for Chromecast can cover the power requirements adequately and allow the device to function smoothly.
- Remove special characters from Chromecast name: Connectivity issues between Netflix and Chromecast can also be caused by the use of special characters in the device name. It is recommended to use a simple name with no special characters to avoid such issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Chromecast does not have any built-in apps. It only allows apps running on your PC or smartphone to communicate with the television Chromecast is hooked up to. So, it sort of acts as a mediator between your computer/device and the television you want to view content in.
Netflix is a paid service no matter which device you want to use it on.
Any free channel apps that you have installed in your smartphone or PC can be cast on the big screen using Chromecast.
Chromecast has made Netflix streaming extremely convenient. The fact that it can connect with our phones and laptops easily, displaying any content on your Smart TV is a fantastic feature of Chromecast. Moreover, I bet it is clear for you now how easy it is to set up Netflix on Chromecast.
So, what are you waiting for? Stream away and enjoy!