This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Kodi on RetroPie.
Kodi is a great source to watch Movies and TV Shows. If it’s installed on your RetroPie, it will give you the best streaming experience without spending a penny.
It is not easy to install an app on RetroPie, but we have made it easy for you in 11 simple steps.
This guide also includes our recommendation to best RetroPie VPN so you could safely stream video content from Popular Kodi Addons.
Let’s begin with the installation guide.
How to Install Kodi on RetroPie
Installing Kodi on RetroPie running on a Raspberry Pi is a simple 11-step process that will not take longer than five minutes.
Here is how to setup Kodi media center on your RetroPie:
- Launch RetroPie and navigate to menu
- Next, scroll to RetroPie setup
- Now, tap on “Manage Packages”
- Then, go ahead and choose “Manage Optional Packages”
- Now, scroll down to option 308 “Kodi” and tap on it
- Next, choose an option to install from binary
- Eventually, you will see lines of text appearing when Kodi starts installing. Not to mention, you need to be connected to WiFi during entire installation process
- When installation completes, all you need to do is restart EmulationStation by choosing Main Menu>Quit>Restart EmulationStation
- After successfully restarting EmulationStation, navigate to Ports
- In ports, you will find Kodi, tap on it
- Finally, enjoy streaming tons of favorite shows and movies on Kodi
Get the Best out of Kodi on RetroPie with a VPN
Now that you have installed Kodi on RetroPie, you are all set to watch Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, and so on.
But there will be limitations. You will only be able to stream only those TV Channels that are available in your country. To stream content that are outside your country region, you will require a RetroPie VPN.
I have compiled a list of Cheap VPN for Kodi that will unblock addons such as BBC iPlayer, Fox Go, HBO Now, and many more.
So what really are the best VPN for RetroPie?
5 Best RetroPie VPN to Use with Kodi
Nor all VPNs work with RetroPie. As a result, I have compiled a list of best RetroPie VPN that works exceptionally well with Kodi. You will find this list below:
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
3 Years Plan
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
Why Should You Use RetroPie VPN to Stream Videos on Kodi
You must use the RetroPie VPN to watch your favorite content on Kodi because of various reasons. Here is a list of reasons you should consider:
- It unblock addons and view Live TV channels that are aired outside your country
- Complete online protection with 256-bit military grade encryption while streaming Free Movies and TV Shows
- Avoids throttling of internet from your ISPs
- Easily unblocks your preferred websites from anywhere
- Mask your IP addresses to safeguard yourself from your ISP
What Makes a Good RetroPie Provider?
A VPN connection becomes extremely efficient when it offers a large server’s network along with a list of tunneling protocols. These are the key factors that make any RetroPie VPN secure and successful.
Furthermore, the customer support infrastructure also plays a critical role in improving the performance of a VPN service to another level. Likewise, the pricing factor makes an important contribution to make any RetroPie VPN service highly attractive.
RetroPie is a great software that can run Kodi on your Raspberry Pi. This guide helps in explaining users on how to install Kodi on RetroPie.
Not just that, this guide also explains how to install a RetroPie VPN on a Kodi app. We have also recommended some effective VPNs that works best with this software.