The flagship model OnePlus 3 has been finally announced by the leading Chinese manufacturer “OnePlus.” With a fantastic mix of high-end features, OnePlus 3 takes the user experience up to whole new level. The phone offers some high-class metal looks and powerful hardware specifications. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and a 6GB Ram assures top-end performance at all times. However, the vulnerabilities in Android 6 Marshmallow poses threats to netizens data privacy and security.
To keep the cyber goons at bay and get the most out of your lovable phone, security experts suggest that users should equip their device with an Android VPN.
Here’s how to setup a VPN on OnePlus 3:
- Choose a VPN provider (Best Android VPN services).
- Make an account on the VPN provider’s website.
- Next, select a package plan of your choice.
- Make payment and checkout.
- Now, download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Upon successful installation, open the VPN software.
- Select a server of your choice and hit connect.
- Enjoy using the VPN on your OnePlus 3!
Detailed Instructions to Setup a VPN on OnePlus 3
Now, if you face any hurdle in the above VPN installation process, then refer to following detailed tutorial for setting up a VPN on OnePlus 3. The step-by-step instructions provide in-depth assistance for manually setting a VPN on your OnePlus3.
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Scroll to the Wireless & Networks and click on
- Select VPN and hit +.
- Now, you will be presented with a pop-up showing “Edit VPN profile”.
- On the Edit VPN profile menu, enter the details as provided by the VPN provider and hit save.
- Now, you will see the newly made VPN profile in the list. Tap on it, enter your VPN username and password and hit connect.
- Upon successful connection, a confirmation icon will appear on the notification bar and you will be able instantly to access thousands of geo-restricted sites and services from your phone. Enjoy!
Note: The PPTP protocol offers 128-bit encryption keys and it is suitable for surfing and streaming. While the L2TP/IPSec is a more secure protocol which uses 256-bit encryption keys to deliver a military grade protection to your data. The L2TP/IPSec is preferred for torrenting and P2P file sharing
Best VPN Service for OnePlus 3
The latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with top-end features, brilliant apps, and an excellent interface, but potential vulnerabilities in Android OS can bring disasters in OnePlus users life. Fortunately, with a best VPN for OnePlus 3 installed on your phone, you can get anonymous to state surveillance and protect your data from being exploited by hackers, intruders, phishers and cyber criminals.
For user convenience, we have tested following VPN services and found them fully compatible with OnePlus 3. After subscribing to one of these Android VPN services you will achieve a reliable data protection with instant access to Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify, Channel 7, Nine Network, BBC iPlayer and all geo-blocked services on your OnePlus3 from anywhere.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 74% Off |
Exclusive Discount 2 years Plan
| 79% Off |
3 Years Deal
| 83% Off |
2 Years Deal
| 75% Off |
3 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
The Chinese flagship smartphone OnePlus 3 stands among the top competitive phones in the market. Being priced about $400, the phone beautifully caters the need of users by offering state-of-the-art hardware configuration, leading-edge Android OS, sleek looks and top-notch features. The 6GB Ram gives a tough competition to phones like Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6s.
However, according to CVE “Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures”, certain vulnerabilities exist in Android 6.0.1 which allow hackers to gain privileges through bugs in the system.
Considering the threats to netizens data privacy, a VPN is an ideal solution for reliable protection against most devastating cyber threats. Moreover, the VPN services mentioned in this guide will not only protect you from worst cyber attacks, but they will allow you to circumvent the imposed geo-restrictions and access unlimited geo-blocked sites from anywhere in the world.