How to Cancel Windscribe & Get Refund in 2020
It is fairly simple to cancel Windscribe account and obtain your refund. Just bear in mind the terms & conditions to make sure you're eligible for the refund and follow the steps given below.
Windscribe is one of the few VPNs that offer both free and paid subscriptions. This is both a good and a bad thing depending on how you look at it. It’s good because the free version can be used indefinitely but users are bound by a 10 GB/month data transfer limit.
It’s bad because the provider only offers a 3-day money-back guarantee for the paid version. Therefore, users that are contemplating cancelling the service must do so very soon after purchasing Windscribe subscription because you won’t be able to claim your refund beyond 3 days of purchase.
In this guide, I’m going to explain how to cancel Windscribe and claim your refund. If you’re unsure about cancelling right away, you might want to see these tips for fixing Windscribe. If, however, you’ve already gone through the cancellation and are in search of an alternative VPN to use, you can try PureVPN.
How to Cancel Windscribe and Get Refund: Quick Guide
- Visit the Windscribe official website and log in to your account.
- Click on My Account on the top right.
- Scroll down to the Claim Voucher button and press the “Cancel Subscription” button underneath it.
- This will cancel your account’s auto-renewal for the next billing cycle.
- Contact customer support and request for refund.
- Wait for confirmation of your request from Windscribe support.
- You should receive your refund within 30 days of refund request.
Step-by-step Instructions for Cancellation & Refund
The above steps weren’t clear enough? No worries. I will walk you through the whole process with screenshots for each step for better clarity. There are two parts to this cancellation: cancelling the subscription and making the refund request. Follow the instructions below for better understanding:
1. Go to Windscribe website and log in with your account.
2. On the top right, click on My Account.
3. Scroll down to see the Claim Voucher button and click on “Cancel Subscription” button.
4. In the next window, specify your reason for cancellation.
5. Then scroll down and press the “cancel subscription” button to confirm.
6. Now, contact the customer support to request your refund.
7. Click on “Account” to begin chatting with Windscribe’s bot Gerry (who is pretty smart, by the way).
8. Request a refund and Gerry he will ask if you wish to speak to a human. Ask him to speak to a human and request your refund once connected to the human representative.
9. You don’t have to explain your reasons for cancellation if you don’t wish to; the representative will still approve your request if you’re eligible for the refund.
10. After getting confirmation of your request, you will receive your refund within 30 days of the reimbursement request.
Note: You can also make the refund request by submitting a ticket to Windscribe. This is especially important if live chat support is unavailable at the time for any reason.
Windscribe Refund Terms & Conditions
Windscribe strongly urges its users to try their free VPN service first before purchasing the paid subscription. The provider has a very small refund window for paid subscribers exactly because they are already offering a free service that can be used on a trial basis.
However, this isn’t quite fair because the free version lacks several features available for paid subscribers. For instance, Netflix unblocking is only supported in the paid version. So if a user wants Windscribe specifically for Netflix, there is no way they can test its capabilities for Netflix with the free version.
Paid subscribers are only eligible for the refund if:
- The refund request is made within 3 days of purchase.
- The data transferred through VPN is less than 10 GB.
- The user has not violated any of Windscribe’s Terms of Service.
The provider does not expect users to provide any explanations for requesting reimbursements as long as these conditions are met.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling Windscribe
Windscribe is, quite frankly, an excellent VPN service. I’ve never experienced any problems with it and it seamlessly works for Netflix, torrenting, and pretty much every othr purpose. The privacy and security features are also top-notch with its DNS and IP level filtering technology known as R.O.B.E.R.T, which is one of the most advanced I’ve seen in the VPN industry.
So before you cancel Windscribe, you might want to consider that you will be losing the following features:
- Netflix access: Fans of streaming services will find Winscribe excellent for Netflix. The special Windflix servers can unblock various Netflix libraries with ease. What’s more, Windscribe is fast enough to support Ultra HD quality streaming as well.
- Unblock torrents: Uses can download torrents with Windscribe through the special p2p-enabled servers. Combined with strong security features and privacy, Windscribe provides a smooth p2p experience to users.
- Cross-platform compatibility: A single Windscribe account supports unlimited simultaneous connections (theoretically). You can easily setup Windcribe on Fire stick or use Windscribe with Kodi. In addition, you can also manually configure Windscribe on devices like Roku.
New users can try the VPN out with a Winscribe free trial as well before purchasing the complete subscription.
I Cancelled Windscribe – What Do I Do Now?
Despite the fact that Windscribe is an excellent VPN, there’s no denying the fact that VPN is for everyone. If you’re unsatisfied with Windscribe, then it would be wise to act fast and cancel it while you are still eligible for the refund. With the reimbursement, you can move on and try another VPN service to take the place of Windscribe.
PureVPN is a good and affordable alternative to Windscribe. It works with various streaming services including Netflix, supports torrents, and is a generally strong unblocker of websites for users that want to circumvent geo-restrictions and censorship. The privacy features and logging policies are also highly user-friendly.
The greatest advantage is that PureVPN comes with a 31-day money-back guarantee, giving subscribers ample time to try the service out and obtain a refund within 31 days if unsatisfied. Users can obtain PureVPN for as low as $3.33/mo .
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Server Network||Servers in 63 countries||2,000+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, Email & Ticket|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than Windscribe and Get Refunded
Windscribe is a powerful VPN, but it may not be for everyone. If you’re unsatisfied with the service, you have only 3 days to act to claim your refund since the time of the purchase and cancel the subscription.
You can learn more about this VPN in our Windscribe review.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?