How to Cancel Windscribe in USA & Get Refund in 2023
It is fairly simple to cancel Windscribe account and obtain your refund. Just bear in mind the terms & conditions to make sure you're eligible for the refund and follow the steps given below.
Windscribe is one of the few VPNs that offer both free and paid subscriptions in USA. This is both a good and a bad thing depending on how you look at it. It’s good because the free version can be used indefinitely but users in USA are bound by a 10 GB/month data transfer limit.
It’s bad because the provider only offers a 3-day money-back guarantee for the paid version in USA, unlike ExpressVPN which offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Therefore, users in USA that are contemplating to cancel Windscribe in USA must do so very soon after purchasing the Windscribe subscription because you won’t be able to claim your refund beyond 3 days of purchase.
If you’re unsure about canceling right away, you might want to see these tips for Windscribe not working in USA. If, however, you’ve already gone through the cancellation and are in search of an alternative best VPN to use in USA, you can try ExpressVPN free of cost for 30 days and get three months free on its 12-month plan.
Step-by-step Instructions for Cancellation & Refund in USA
Were the above steps not clear enough? No worries. I will walk you through the whole process with screenshots for each step for better clarity. There are two parts to this cancellation: canceling the subscription in USA and making the refund request in USA. Follow the instructions below for a better understanding:
1. Go to the Windscribe website and log in with your account.
2. On the top right, click on My Account.
3. Scroll down to see the Claim Voucher button and click on the “Cancel Subscription” button.
4. In the next window, specify your reason for cancellation.
5. Then scroll down and press the “cancel subscription” button to confirm.
6. Now, contact customer support to request your refund.
7. Click on “Account” to begin chatting with Windscribe’s bot Gerry (who is pretty smart, by the way).
8. Request a refund and Gerry he will ask if you wish to speak to a human. Ask him to speak to a human and request your refund in USA once connected to the human representative.
9. You don’t have to explain your reasons for cancellation if you don’t wish to; the representative will still approve your request if you’re eligible for the refund in USA.
10. After getting confirmation of your request, you will receive your refund within 30 days of the reimbursement request.
Note: You can also make the refund request by submitting a ticket to Windscribe. This is especially important if live chat support is unavailable at the time for any reason.
Windscribe Refund Terms & Conditions in USA
Windscribe strongly urges its users in USA to try their free VPN service first before purchasing the paid subscription. The provider has a very small refund window for paid subscribers in USA exactly because they are already offering a free service that can be used on a trial basis.
However, this isn’t quite fair because the free version lacks several features available for paid subscribers in USA. For instance, Netflix unblocking in USA is only supported in the paid version. So if a user in USA wants Windscribe specifically for Netflix, there is no way they can test its capabilities for Netflix in USA with the free version.
Paid subscribers in USA are only eligible for the refund if:
- The refund request is made within 3 days of purchase.
- The data transferred through VPN is less than 10 GB.
- The user has not violated any of Windscribe’s Terms of Service.
The provider does not expect users in USA to provide any explanations for requesting reimbursements as long as these conditions are met. If you want a VPN provider in USA that offers an unconditional refund policy, we recommend using ExpressVPN as it offers a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee and also offers refunds for payments made through cryptocurrency and Bitcoin.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling Windscribe in USA
Windscribe is, quite frankly, an excellent VPN service in USA. I’ve never experienced any problems with it and it seamlessly works for Netflix in USA, torrenting in USA, and pretty much every other purpose.
The privacy and security features are also top-notch with its DNS and IP level filtering technology known as R.O.B.E.R.T, which is one of the most advanced I’ve seen in the VPN industry.
So before you cancel Windscribe in USA, you might want to consider that you will be losing the following features:
- Netflix access: Fans of streaming services will find Winscribe workss with Netflix in USA. The special Windflix servers can unblock various Netflix libraries in USA with ease. What’s more, Windscribe is fast enough in USA to support Ultra HD quality streaming as well.
- Unblock torrents: Users can perform torrenting with Windscribe in USA through the special P2P-enabled servers. Combined with strong security features and privacy, Windscribe provides a smooth p2p experience to users in USA.
- Cross-platform compatibility: A single Windscribe account supports unlimited simultaneous connections (theoretically). You can easily set up Windcribe on Firestick in USA or use Windscribe with Kodi in USA. In addition, you can also manually configure in USAWindscribe on devices like Roku .
New users in USA can try the VPN out with a Winscribe free trial in USA as well before purchasing the complete subscription.
I Cancelled Windscribe in USA – What Do I Do Now?
Despite the fact that Windscribe is an excellent VPN, there’s no denying the fact that this VPN is not for everyone. If you’re unsatisfied with Windscribe in USA, then it would be wise to act fast and cancel it while you are still eligible for the refund. With the reimbursement, you can move on and try another VPN service in USA to take the place of Windscribe.
ExpressVPN is a good and faster alternative to Windscribe in USA. It works with various streaming services including Netflix, supports torrents, and is a generally strong unblocker of websites for users in USA that want to circumvent geo-restrictions and censorship. The privacy features and logging policies are also highly user-friendly.
The greatest advantage is that ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, giving subscribers in USA ample time to try the service out and obtain a refund within 30 days if unsatisfied. Users in USA can get ExpressVPN for 3 months free on its 12-month subscription.
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||Canada||The British Virgin Islands|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Price||$4.08/mo||$6.67/mo (3 months free)|
|Server Network||Servers in 63+ countries||3000+ servers
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, 24-hour customer support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than Windscribe in USA and Get Refunded
- How to Cancel and get Refund for ExpressVPN in USA
- How to Cancel and get Refund for Surfshark in USA
- How to Cancel and get Refund for NordVPN in USA
Windscribe is a powerful VPN, but it may not be for everyone in USA. If you’re unsatisfied with the service, you have only 3 days to cancel Windscribe in USA to claim your refund from the time of the purchase. In comparison, ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in USA.
You can learn more about this VPN in our Windscribe review in USA.