How to Cancel ProtonVPN & Get Refund in 2021
To cancel ProtonVPN subscription and claim your refund, you will need to send an email to the support staff. The refund period is valid for 30 days starting from the time of purchase. Follow the cancellation steps as outlined below.
ProtonVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Users that are unsatisfied with the service can request a refund within 30 days. However, ProtonVPN’s money-back guarantee works a little differently than other providers. ProtonVPN will only refund the amount of the unused period within 30 days.
So, you will never get a full refund unless you request immediately the moment after purchasing it. In this article, I’m going to explain how you can obtain a refund from ProtonVPN and the steps you need to follow.
You can try fixing ProtonVPN first if you’re unsure about canceling it the right way. If you have already canceled ProtonVPN and are looking for an alternative, then ExpressVPN is one of the better choices available in the market.
How to Cancel ProtonVPN for Refund: Quick Guide
- Open your email and compose a new one.
- In the subject line, write “Refund request”, and mention your account details along with the reason for cancellation in the email body.
- Send the email to [email protected].
- Wait for an email response (usually takes around 24 hours).
- Upon confirmation of your request, you should receive the refund within 14 days of the request.
Terms & Conditions for Refund
In order for a user to be eligible for a ProtonVPN refund, the following conditions must be borne in mind:
- The request must be made within 30 days of purchasing the subscription.
- You will only receive the amount for the unused portion of your subscription. For instance, if you make the request after 15 days of purchase, the refund will comprise the full subscription amount you paid minus the 15 days you used up.
- If you purchased the subscription through a third-party, then ProtonVPN will not entertain your refund request.
For further details, see this page.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling ProtonVPN
ProtonVPN is a decent service but it’s perfectly possible that your experience wasn’t that good with the VPN. In that case, you’re entirely justified in canceling the subscription. But in the interest of fairness, it is also important to consider all the capabilities of the VPN before you finally press the cancel button.
So here are some of the core capabilities of ProtonVPN:
- Access Netflix libraries: Users can unblock US Netflix with ProtonVPN through certain servers dedicated for the purpose. The fact that ProtonVPN provides good speeds is an added reason why it is a good choice for Netflix streaming.
- Unblock torrents: The strong security and speed make ProtonVPN efficient for accessing torrents as well. There are multiple p2p-optimized servers that ProtonVPN users can connect to for torrenting.
- Cross-platform compatibility: A single ProtonVPN subscription allows 5 multi-logins. This means you can easily use ProtonVPN with Kodi or other platforms/devices like Roku (through manual setup).
You can also avail of the ProtonVPN free trial if you’re a new user and want to give this service a try before
I Cancelled ProtonVPN – What Do I Do Now
Okay, you have decided to cancel ProtonVPN and have the refunded amount in your hands. But you probably still need to protect your online privacy and unblock websites.
The good thing is, there are still a lot of options to choose from as mentioned in this list of best VPNs for 2021. If you’re looking for a specific recommendation, then ExpressVPN offers best options in terms of speed, privacy, or overall functionality.
Powered by a network of over 3000+ servers, ExpressVPN is a powerhouse of a VPN that unblocks various Netflix regions, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more. It also supports torrenting on many servers. The no-logging policy is another factor in its favor since it stores no personally identifiable information of users, respecting individual privacy.
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with ExpressVPN and it’s faster in comparison to other alternatives. Currently, ExpressVPN is available for $6.67/mo .
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||Switzerland||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Server Network||1,059 servers|
|Customer Support||Live chat, 24-hours support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than ProtonVPN and Get Refunded
The 30-day money-back guarantee of ProtonVPN means that you can get your refund if you’re unsatisfied with the service. All requests for cancellation and refunds must be communicated through email support of ProtonVPN as described above.
You can learn more about this VPN in our ProtonVPN review.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?