- NordVPN Review
- NordVPN Lifetime
- How fast is NordVPN?
- Does NordVPN work with Netflix?
- Does NordVPN allow Torrenting?
- How do I get NordVPN for free?
- Why is my NordVPN not working?
- How do I cancel a NordVPN payment?
- Does NordVPN work on Firestick?
- Can I use NordVPN on Roku?
- How do I use NordVPN on Kodi?
- Does NordVPN work on PS4?
- Can you use VPN on Disney plus?
How do I use NordVPN with Synology?
To use NordVPN with Synology, you can either set up NordVPN directly on your Synology or configure NordVPN on your router and connect your Synology device to the VPN-enabled router.
This article will offer you a step-by-step guide to set up NordVPN directly on your Synology device.
Synology NAS is an efficient storage device to store all your data and files in. These files are then accessible to you through your web browser or mobile apps that NAS supports.
Synology isn’t limited to that. It also enables us to collaborate on different documents, backing up all data, sharing files, and syncing our files on various devices.
All these files, images, videos need to be secured so that no third party can access them. Therefore, we need a top-rated VPN for this purpose. NAS Synology and NordVPN work well together. Just to mention, NordVPN also works great with Chromecast devices.
NordVPN is a top VPN in the world that works best for keeping your data completely secure. Learn more about this VPN through our NordVPN review.
How do I configure NordVPN on Synology
To set up NordVPN on NAS Synology, you need to:
- Log in to your Synology device and visit Control Panel.
- Find Network. Click on Network Interface, then Create, then Create VPN Profile.
- Choose OpenVPN (via importing a .opvn file) under the Connection Method page. Confirm by clicking Next.
- Select a server. Download the configuration file while checking NordVPN’s recommended server function.
- Return to Create Profile. Import the configuration file under General Settings. Fill in other details and click Next.
- Tick all boxes under Advanced Settings and click Apply.
- Click Connect after entering all information. The status of your profile would change to ‘Connected.’
- If that isn’t the case, open the confirmation file again and add log-append /var/log/NordVPN.log below. Then, re-import the file and connect. Send NordVPN the log file: /var/log/NordVPN.log.
NordVPN offers an OpenVPN protocol feature for Synology, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android, and more. This feature allows authentication through a username, password, and a pre-shared key.
Why should I use NordVPN on Synology?
NordVPN offers complete security and protection to all your files, while Synology lets you access all your important files from anywhere in the world.
Let’s dig deeper into the two highlighted features:
Once set up on Synology, NordVPN will allow you to keep all your activities, data, records, and information secure and private. NordVPN’s features like military-grade protection, automatic kill switch, DNS leaks protection, and more will ensure that your data and records are never exposed to anyone.
The internet is a global platform that can easily expose anyone’s data and information, including his records, activities, and location. Through NordVPN, your hidden identity over the internet will save you from the eyes of all external parties.
2. Accessibility to files in every region:
With 5500+ servers, you can access or share your files to/from anywhere in the world. If you visit another country and want to access your files urgently, there is a possibility some of your files may be blocked due to geo-restriction. This is when NordVPN will save the day. It will allow you to access or share your files or data to any part of the world without restrictions.
NordVPN geo-restriction services aren’t limited to NAS Synology. You can also use this feature for entertainment purposes, like streaming Disney Plus with NordVPN.
Best deals of NordVPN in 2021:
NordVPN’s amazing price plans, deals, and discounts are listed below:
This plan offers NordVPN’s services at $4.13/mo for 24 months. This plan gives users a discount of 65%.
This plan costs $4.92/mo for 12 months. It offers users a discount of 58% on its purchase.
Sometimes you need specific services for the short-term. If this is the case, then this plan is for you. This plan costs $11.95/mo and is the shortest plan offered by NordVPN.
NordVPN also offers a free trial to all its users and on all plans. Although NordVPN’s lifetime plan isn’t available anymore, you can subscribe to any of the plans above to get this fantastic service.
Users can also purchase this service using any of the plans mentioned above and cancel their NordVPN subscription when they feel it’s time to say goodbye to this service.
NordVPN is a powerful VPN that offers strong encryption and robust security features to suit your privacy needs and prevent all data leaks. When you set up NordVPN on Synology, together, they become a highly secure combination of storing data for you.