- NordVPN Review
- NordVPN Lifetime
- How fast is NordVPN?
- Does NordVPN work with Netflix?
- Does NordVPN allow Torrenting?
- How do I get NordVPN for free?
- Why is my NordVPN not working?
- How do I cancel a NordVPN payment?
- Does NordVPN work on Firestick?
- Can I use NordVPN on Roku?
- How do I use NordVPN on Kodi?
- Does NordVPN work on PS4?
- Can you use VPN on Disney plus?
Can I Use NordVPN with Chromecast? (2022 Update)
Yes, You can use NordVPN on Chromecast. To use NordVPN on your Chromecast, you need to install it on your physical or virtual router, because Chromecast, unfortunately, does not allow users to install a VPN directly on itself.
It’s amazing owning a Google Chromecast device. But it’s plain sad how you can only stream region-specific content on it. It sucks, doesn’t it? Who wouldn’t want to make maximum use of Chromecast?
Google’s famous tech gadget, Chromecast, allows users to stream content through an HDMI cable on your TV. Although an amazing device to use, Chromecast, just like most streaming devices, is plagued with geo-restrictions.
To eliminate this scenario from your life and make your streaming experience worthwhile, you should use a VPN. Not only just a VPN but the most secure and reliable VPN. We highly recommend one of the best VPNs for this.
Learn more about NordVPN through our NordVPN review.
How to use NordVPN with Chromecast
To use NordVPN on your Chromecast, you will have to set it up on a virtual or a physical router. Chromecast is not compatible with any VPN. Because of this, you need to set up a VPN on your router so you can use it on your Chromecast device. The thought of this may sound challenging, but it’ll be worth it.
How to set up NordVPN on Chromecast using a physical router:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up NordVPN on your physical router:
How to set up NordVPN on Chromecast using a virtual router:
Virtual routers don’t look anything like physical routers. A virtual router exists on your laptop and provides a virtual Wi-Fi connection:
Here’s how to set up NordVPN on Chromecast using a virtual router.
Using your Computer:
- Check whether your computer supports a virtual router or not. To do so, press ‘Windows + S’ to open the search bar.
- To show the command prompt, enter ‘cmd’ and right-click on the command prompt bar. Press ‘Run as administrator.’
- Type command ‘netsh wlan show drivers’ and press enter.
- Next, if you see the line, ‘Hosted Network Supported,’ this means that your windows support a virtual router. However, if not, then you have to update your network drivers or follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Windows search bar by pressing ‘Windows + S.’
- Type ‘cmd’ for the command prompt and right-click on the command prompt bar. After that, click ‘Run as administrator.’
- Enter the command netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD and replace the network and password.
- A confirmation message will appear displaying ‘hosted network mode is allowed.’ After this, enter the command ‘netsh wlan start hostednetwork’ and click enter.
- A message will appear that your hosted network has started. Click ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ by clicking the wi-fi option at the corner of your screen.
- Click on ‘change adapter settings.’ Go to the VPN connection you created by right-clicking on it and visit ‘properties.’
- Visit the ‘sharing’ tab and check the box next to the option, ‘allowing other networks to connect through your device internet connection.’ After doing so, select the connection you created, just below ‘home network connection.’
- Begin setting up the Chromecast app. Then, select the virtual router you created when you reach ‘Connect Chromecast to your Wi-Fi.’
- Type in the password of your virtual router and then choose ‘Select Network.’
Setting up a VPN on your virtual router is now complete. You can now enjoy unlimited streaming services on your Chromecast with no hassles. You can also use NordVPN on Kodi if you connect it to your router. If the VPN repeatedly disconnects or doesn’t work, please try out our NordVPN troubleshooting tips to solve the issue. Also, you can also Chromecast using NordVPN on iPhones and Android devices.
How to change the location on your Chromecast using NordVPN:
To access geo-restricted content from across the world, you need to switch from your default location to a different country’s server. To do that, you need to open up the NordVPN app on your Chromecast and select a server belonging to another country.
For example, if you want to access geo-restricted content of Netflix using NordVPN, you can change your server to any of the servers in the United States to access it. It’s that easy. NordVPN has the fastest servers a VPN could offer, according to our NordVPN speed tests. You can also use NordVPN’s P2P optimized servers for torrenting anything you desire.
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for Chromecast that prioritizes your privacy and security. Used with a device as efficient as Chromecast, it can offer the best services while unblocking geo-restricted content from all over the world for you to stream.
If you’re still hesitant, you can avail of NordVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee to try all its features before everything else. But if we’ve persuaded you enough, then you can take the plunge and buy this VPN service. NordVPN’s lifetime plan is unavailable now, but it still offers amazing plans and discounts. If you don’t consider it a good match, later on, you can always go through NordVPN’s subscription canceling process.