How to Cancel CactusVPN & Get Refund in 2020
CactusVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 3-day free trial. If you're unsatisfied with the service, follow these easy steps to request your refund from CactusVPN.
Unsatisfied with CactusVPN? The good news is that this provider offers a 30-day money-back period for users that aren’t happy with the service. Cactus’ money-back guarantee is totally legitimate and the terms for refund eligibility are also reasonably lax.
In this guide, I will show you the exact steps you need to perform to cancel CactusVPN subscription and get your refund. If you’ve already cancelled your account and are looking for an alternative, you might want to give PureVPN.
How to Cancel CactusVPN Subscription
1. Head over to the CactusVPN official website and log in using your credentials.
2. After logging in, click on “Subscriptions” on the left, and then click on “Request Cancellation”.
3. Contact customer support through live chat and ask for your refund.
In all honesty, CactusVPN’s cancellation process is probably the easiest and simplest that I have seen out of all the VPNs. The customer support of CactusVPN is hands down the most responsive and helpful that I have had the pleasure to experience.
You should have absolutely no trouble getting your refund from CactusVPN if you meet their terms and conditions which are also very lax and designed to accommodate customers in every way.
Terms & Conditions for Eligibility of Refund
In order for a user to eligible for the 30-day refund, any one of the following conditions needs to be true:
- Cannot connect to any VPN server.
- Any one of the websites listed here is still blocked after using Smart DNS.
- The Smart DNS has stopped working for you.
CactusVPN deserves a lot of praise here because they will refund your money if their service fails to unblock any one of the websites which they claim to unblock.
However, you are not eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee if:
- The website you want to unblock is not mentioned in their list of unblocked services or is not specified as supported on your device.
- If your account is terminated by the company for policy violations.
- If the service does not work devices and operating systems not officially supported and for which CactusVPN does not offer any tutorials.
These terms & conditions are perfectly reasonable and it is highly refreshing to see that CactusVPN does not impose overly complicated and unrealistic conditions for a user to be eligible for refund. It is simple, straightforward, and inspires trust in the company.
How to Cancel CactusVPN subscription on Android/Play Store
If you purchased your CactusVPN subscription through Google Play Store rather than directly through the official provider’s website, you will have to cancel through Google Play Store.
Follow the steps below to cancel CactuVPN Android subscription:
- Head over to play.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Next, select “Subscriptions”
- Now, find and select CactusVPN subscription in the list.
- Lastly, click the “Manage” option and then “Cancel Subscription”.
After cancelling, you will need to contact CactusVPN’s customer support through live chat or email tickets and request your refund.
How to cancel CactusVPN subscription on iOS via iTunes/App Store
Similarly, if you purchase CactusVPN for iOS device(s) through the App Store, you will need to cancel the account through App Store.
Follow these steps to cancel CactusVPN through the App Store:
- Head over to the “Settings menu”, tap [your name] and then tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Now tap the subscription that you wish to manage.
- Lastly, tap “Cancel Subscription” to successfully cancel your CactusVPN account.
Note: Companies cannot offer refunds for purchases made through the App Store. You will need to contact App Store for any such requests.
I Cancelled CactusVPN – What Do I Do Now?
So, you have cancelled CactusVPN, but probably still need an alternative for your privacy and unblocking needs. Although CactusVPN is a very decent customer-centric service in itself, no single product works for everyone.
I strongly advise users interested in CactusVPN to take advantage of their 3-day free trial first, which offers a complete taste of the paid service.
Still if you were left unsatisfied with CactusVPN, you might consider an affordable alternative like PureVPN.
With PureVPN, you can enjoy 2,000+ servers, many of which are compatible for p2p activities and even unblock key Netflix regions such as the US. What’s more, it also unblocks popular streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
In addition, PureVPN even works in China, which is a remarkable feat for any modern-day VPN and is testament to the service’s strong unblocking capabilities.
Much like CactusVPN, PureVPN also offers a 31-day money-back guarantee and costs a very reasonable $3.33/mo
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Server Network||35+ servers
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, Email & Ticket|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than CactusVPN and Get Refunded
CactusVPN’s cancellation process is super easy to follow and company offers a perfectly true and legitimate 30-day money-back guarantee. If the service does not work as advertised, they will refund your full amount as soon as possible. This actually speaks volumes in favor CactusVPN’s customer-centricity which is actually quite rare in the VPN industry, unfortunately.
For more information about this VPN, see our CactusVPN review.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?