AVG VPN ⬇️
How to Cancel AVG VPN Subscription to Get a Refund in 2021
AVG offers a 30 days money back guarantee to its subscribers. If you are unsatisfied with the VPN and cancel it within 30 days of purchase, you can request a refund if you purchased it through the official AVG website or through Google Play Store.
In this guide, I’m going to explain how you can cancel AVG Secure VPN and apply for a refund. You can try fixing AVG VPN first if you’re unsure about canceling it the right way.
But if you’ve already canceled the VPN and are looking for an alternative, you can try ExpressVPN which is an affordable option with a wide range of features.
Cancelling AVG VPN Subscription – Step-by-Step
If you are using the AVG VPN free trial, then there is no need to fill the refund request form, since AVG doesn’t require credit card details for a free trial sign up. However, if you are using the full paid version, then you will need to make the refund request separately.
- Visit the official site of AVG and login through your credentials.
- Click “Unsubscribe” under the relevant subscription.
- Choose “Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on XX/XX/XX”.
- Tap on “Confirm” then click “Got it”.
Refund Request Form
After deactivating auto-renewals, you will need to fill a refund form in order to get your paid amount back. Follow the steps below to apply for an AVG Secure VPN refund:
- Open the refund request form.
- Fill in all details as required.
- Submit the form.
Note: The order number and license number can be found in the order confirmation email in your inbox that you must have received after purchasing the subscription.
How to cancel AVG VPN subscription on Android?
If you purchased your AVG VPN subscription through Google Play Store, you will need to cancel it first from the Play Store as described below and then fill the refund request form above.
Here’s how to cancel an AVG account through the Play Store:
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. Click ☰ the menu available on the left side, choose “Subscriptions”.
3. Choose AVG Secure VPN from the list of subscriptions.
4. “Cancel Subscription“, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation process.
How to cancel AVG VPN subscription on iOS?
For AVG accounts purchased through the App Store, the cancellation and refund request need to be processed through the App Store. AVG cannot directly help with refunds for App Store purchases.
Follow these steps to cancel your AVG VPN account on the App Store:
1. Open your device settings
2. Click iTunes & App Store, click your Apple ID
3. Tap view Apple ID, sign in by providing your Apple ID password
4. Click Subscriptions
5. Choose AVG Secure VPN from the list of subscriptions
6. Click cancel subscription
7. You must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation procedure
Note: Your subscription will be ended at the end of the current billing cycle. For more information about requesting refunds through the App Store, see this article.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling AVG
AVG Secure may not live up to the standard set by some of the leading providers in the industry, but the provider does get some things right. For a fair evaluation of the VPN and before you decide to cancel it, you might want to consider the following attributes of AVG:
- Fast speeds: AVG VPN is surprisingly fast as we found in our latest speed tests. This would make it a good choice for Netflix if it weren’t for the fact that AVG is very unreliable for unblocking Netflix. Nonetheless, speed is important for any activity performed online so AVG deserves good praise for this.
- Torrent support: Like most good providers, AVG VPN supports torrenting. Moreover, the fact that it delivers decent speeds further makes Avast VPN a pretty good option as far as p2p filesharing is concerned.
What should I do after canceling my AVG VPN subscription?
So now that you have canceled AVG VPN, what do you do next? You’re probably still going to need a solution to protect your online privacy. For that, you can review our best VPN provider 2021 list to start protecting your crucial online activities from the eyes of online snoopers and other unwanted personnel.
If you consider my point of view, I would recommend ExpressVPN based on my personal experience. Moreover, the British Virgin Island-based service delivers numerous privacy features like an internet kill switch, 5 multi-logins, dedicated IP, split tunneling, Netflix unblocking, and so on.
Besides, the provider works exceptionally well in different oppressive countries like China. This is the reason, ExpressVPN is included in the list of best VPNs for China. You will need to pay just to avail all these exciting packages under one package. You can also check out the VPNs that do not work in China.
Here is a brief comparison between AVG Secure VPN and ExpressVPN that allows you to choose the right VPN for improving your online privacy.
|Factors||AVG Secure VPN||ExpressVPN|
|Jurisdiction||Czech Republic||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||Keeps logs||No logs|
|Speed||86.94 Mbps||89.17 Mbps|
|Server Network||50+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Email & FAQs||Live Chat|
|Website||AVG Secure VPN||ExpressVPN|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than AVG Secure VPN and Get Refunded
- How to cancel PureVPN within 31 days
- How to cancel Surfshark within 30 days
- How to cancel NordVPN within 30 days
- How to cancel ExpressVPN within 30 days
AVG Secure VPN may not work for everyone, which is understandable since the VPN is quite a bare-bone service with features far too limited when compared to top-rated competitors. The good thing is that AVG does offer a legitimate 30-day money-back guarantee, but the refund process can be a bit cumbersome.
For a full analysis of this VPN, see our AVG secure VPN review.
Have you tried applying for a refund from AVG in the past? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?