Avast VPN Review; Read More
How to Cancel Avast VPN Subscription to Get A Refund (2020)
Avast VPN’s subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means that if you aren’t satisfied with the VPN and wish to cancel it within 30 days of purchase,then you’re eligible for requesting a full refund of the amount you paid.
However, the cancellation process is not straightforward. There are several steps you need to perform before you can deactivate your account and request a refund. All of this will be explained in this article.
You can also try fixing problems with Avast VPN first if you’re not absolutely sure about cancelling yet, but if you’re fed up with the service for any reason, then you should act fast so that you may be able to request the refund within 30 days of purchase.
If you have already cancelled your Avast account and are looking for an alternative, then PureVPN is a highly recommended option.
How to Cancel Avast subscription – Step-by-Step
You can discontinue using Avast premium account through two different ways. These ways are Avast Customer Portal and Avast Account. If you have access to your order confirmation email, you can proceed with the Avast Customer Portal.
If you cancel your account during Avast’s free trial period, you won’t be charged any money after the trial ends, and your account will expire. But if your trial period has finished and you have already been charged for the full subscription, you will need to request a refund separately after performing cancelling steps as follows:
Through Avast Customer Portal
- Go to the Avast Customer Portal.
- After entering your ID and password, click Find Order.
- Through Your Subscriptions page, click Unsubscribe option next to an appropriate subscription.
- Choose Unsubscribe from future renewals and let your subscription expire on particular date i.e. mm/dd/yyyy/.
- Click Confirm.
Through Avast Account
- Open your existing Avast account.
- Click Unsubscribe under your relevant subscription.
- Select Unsubscribe from future renewals and let your subscription expire on particular date i.e. mm/dd/yyyy/.
- Click Confirm then click Got it again.
If you purchased Avast subscription through Nexway, you will need to perform the following steps to cancel the account:
- Open the order confirmation email you received while purchasing the product.
- Use the link to discontinue the continuous payment option.
- You will be directed to the relevant Nexway web portal.
- Mention your email address along with password that you used to buy Avast product from your order confirmation email.
- Click sign in, through the overview page, click Change Auto Renewal Settings.
- From the Payment & Billing Details page, choose Disabled option given in Auto Renewal section.
- Click Disable automatic renewal to confirm cancelling your subscription.
- Once the changes are done, you will receive a confirmation email about the cancellation of your chosen product.
Requesting Refund from Avast
After you have cancelled your account, you will need to fill a form to request your refund. Follow the steps below to request your refund:
- Visit this Avast support page for sales refund.
- Click on the “An Avast software product” option and press “Next”.
- In the next screen, click on “30 days or less” and fill in other details (you can find your Order ID in the confirmation email from Avast when you purchased subscription).
- Attach the email screenshot of your order confirmation email press SUBMIT REQUEST after filling all details.
Note: If you choose “More than 30 days ago” in the form, you won’t be eligible for the refund. Also, choose the reason for requesting refund wisely. The safest option when choosing a reason in the drop down is “I have decided to use a competitor’s product”. In fact, for some of the options, the refund policy doesn’t even apply such as if you select “I am not able to install or run the product” or “It’s too difficult to use” etc.
How to Cancel Avast VPN subscription on Android?
If you purchased Avast subscription from Google Play Store, you will have to cancel your subscription from the Google Play Store as well. Here is how you can deactivate Avast subscription through Google Play:
- Open Google Play Store on your device
- Tap ☰ menu given in the top left corner, select Subscriptions
- Choose your desired Avast VPN subscription from the list of your subscriptions
- Tap Cancel Subscription
Note: Your subscription will be cancelled at the end of current billing cycle. You will need to contact Avast to request your refund as explained above.
How to Cancel Avast SecureLine VPN subscription on iOS?
Users that purchased Avast SecureLine through the App Store for their iOS device will need to cancel it directly from the App Store. The refund processing must also be done through Apple in this situation, as Avast cannot help entertain your refund request unless you purchase the account directly through Avast.
Here’s how to cancel Avast SecureLine account through App Store:
- Open the App Store on your device and tap on your profile photo.
- Tap Manage subscriptions, choose Avast SecureLine VPN subscription from the list of your subscriptions.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
Note: Your subscription will be cancelled at the end of current billing cycle. You must contact App Store to request a refund.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling Avast
Admittedly, Avast is not the best VPN out there. However, to give this VPN a fair treatment, let’s consider some of its key strengths alongside weaknesses:
- Unblocks US Netflix: One of the best things about it is that Avast VPN works with US Netflix, though it is not as reliable as the leading providers. Nonetheless, if you do own this VPN, you can utilize it for Netflix unblocking.
- Torrent support: Although Avast VPN supports torrenting, it is not very good for this purpose. There are only a handful of p2p servers and our latest Avast speed test results were also quite underwhelming.
What should I do after cancelling Avast?
So now after deactivating your Avast VPN or other Avast product’ premium accounts, you might be interested in exploring top VPN services 2020 list to secure your privacy over the web. We would recommend you to try out PureVPN, which is a Hong Kong based VPN provider.
When you use PureVPN, you can experience different features under one package at an extremely low price of $3.33/mo . Besides, you may use its 10 multi-logins, Netflix unblocking, 2,000+ servers, 31 days refund policy and so on.
What makes PureVPN different from other VPNs is its next level obfuscation feature. The said benefit allows you to use the service in China when it comes to bypassing the Great Firewall restrictions without any hassle.
Here is a brief comparison of both these services to let you decide about your privacy appropriately:
|Jurisdiction||Czech Republic||Hong Kong|
|Logging Policy||Only Connection logs||No logs|
|Speed||15.95 Mbps||26.01 Mbps|
|Server Network||50+ servers|
|Customer Support||Telephone & email||Live chat & email|
|Netflix Unblocking||Not Supported||Supported|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than Avast Secureline VPN and Get Refunded
- How to Cancel PureVPN Subscription
- How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription
- How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription
- How to Cancel ExpressVPN Subscription
Avast VPN is a no-frills VPN with very limited capabilities and functionalities. But to Avast’s credit, they do have a legitimate refund policy. Although the whole process of requesting a refund isn’t very intuitive, the company will accept your request for a refund if it deems you to be eligible.
You can learn more about this VPN in our, Avast SecureLine VPN review.
Have you tried requesting a refund from Avast in the past? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?