At times, you want to watch your favorite TV show but you are unable to download torrents. Have you ever imagined why does it happen? There could be many reasons why a torrent file might be taking a bit longer to complete the download process. However, with Popcorn Time, you can take a deep breath and relax. Since Popcorn Time is an open source platform, it helps you to stream your favorite movies and TV shows without waiting for it to download. Moreover, you can also secure your privacy by using a PS4 VPN.
Popcorn Time uses BitTorrent P2P file sharing protocol to bring the streams to life. However, using this technology leaves a big question on whether it is safe to use Popcorn Time or not. Our recommendation would be to use a Popcorn time VPN, as it ensures privacy and anonymity. That said, many PlayStation users have come looking for Popcorn Time on PS4 and PS3. Let’s take a close look at how you can use the streaming service on your gaming console.
Also Read : Spotify on PlayStation
Is Popcorn Time PS4 App Available?
Sadly, there is no Popcorn Time PS4 app available. Since Sony does not allow any apps using BitTorrent protocol on its PlayStation platform. Therefore, you won’t find Popcorn Time app on PlayStation store. Furthermore, you are not allowed to download software or apps through the built-in browser of PS4.
Fortunately, there is still a way by which you can use Popcorn Time on PS4 or PS3. To achieve this objective, you will have to install Popcorn Time and Plex on your computer.
Download and Setup Popcorn Time on PS4 / PS3
It does not take lot of your efforts to download and setup Popcorn Time on PS4 / PS3. Here is the list of steps you can follow to start streaming Popcorn Time on your PS4.
- Firstly, install Popcorn time on your computer then install Plex as well
- Launch Popcorn Time and move towards settings and check “Show advanced settings”
- Now scroll down and go to “Cache Directory”
- Create a folder in users documents in this form: /Users/username/Documents/Popcorn Time
- Open Plex and include a new library by selecting ‘Plus Sign’ located at the left sidebar
- Now choose “Movies” and set the path to “Cache Directory”
- Open terminal on your system, type “ifconfig” (Mac), search your IPv4 address, and type it in your PS4’s internet browser.
Make sure to add “:34000/home/index.html” at the end, so the address would look something like this: 192.168.1.10:34000/home/index.html
- Now a Plex interface will appear on PS4, open the movie which you wish to watch and let it download in the background
- At the same time, movie will also appear on PS4 under Plex library
- Now enjoy streaming your favorite movie using Popcorn Time on PS4
Popcorn Time is surely a treat to watch for all streaming lovers, but you should not compromise your online privacy at any cost. Hence, you must use a Popcorn Time VPN to keep your online identity anonymous and secure. By doing so, you will be able to enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite TV shows or movies from anywhere in the world.
Watching movies or TV shows on Popcorn Time through PlayStation 4 will give you Goosebumps and revitalize your streaming experience to the next level. Do let us know if you run into trouble by dropping us a comment below.