Are you facing hiccups while watching your favorite movies or TV shows despite after paying hefty charges of premium streaming services? If yes then you should try free streaming alternatives. Yes, you read it correctly.
If you are contemplating about a streaming service that does not cost you a single penny, Popcorn Time is the right answer. Still, if you do not use this amazing free media streaming service, it means you live in fools’ paradise.
You can use Popcorn Time on Apple TV or popcorn time on smart TV to maximize your streaming cravings to new heights. To provide you with more comfort and peace of mind, we have compiled a detailed guide that allows you to watch your preferred media content from anywhere.
Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV Requirements
Being a Popcorn Time enthusiast, you do not need to have specific software or hardware to install Popcorn Time on Apple TV. Still, you should bear this fact that you will not find the official Popcorn Time app on the iTunes Store.
Therefore, you will have to rely on the sideload installation method to watch your Popcorn Time stuff through Apple TV. In our guide, we will let you know how to achieve your Popcorn Time on Apple TV streaming
Sideload Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4 Using tvOS
When it comes to side-loading Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4 through tvOS, you need to be a bit tech geek. Thus, you can side-load Popcorn Time on Apple TV with tvOS quite easily. Still, you will need below-mentioned stuff that includes:
- An Apple Developer account, you can register if you do not have
- A running Mac PC along with the latest tvOS version on your Apple TV
- A USB cable to connect your Mac to the Apple TV
- Xcode application
Once you have attained the above-described stuff, here is how you can do to achieve your objective:
- You should clone the Popcorn Time app from the GitHub repository, launch Terminal on Mac and write the following commands to begin the cloning procedure
- Now install the Cocoapods by executing the below-described command through Terminal:
“sudo gem install activesupport -v 4.2.6
sudo gem install cocoapods”
- You should make sure that all libraries including frameworks and dependencies are installed properly
- Through the following command, you can complete the whole installation process
- You should open the Popcorn Time TV folder on your desktop, explore the “PopcornTime.xcworkspace” file then double click to launch in Xcode
- From the left sidebar, choose Popcorn Time and click on the “General” tab
- Click on Bundle Identifier in the identity tab and change the text to “com.[YOURNAME].Popcorn Time”
- Click on the dropdown box beside “Team” in the General tab and sign in using your developers account Apple ID, perform this for both TopShelf and Popcorn Time in “Targets”
- Use the USB Type- C cable to connect your Apple TV to the Mac PC hit CMD+R in Xcode to compile and run the project on your TV
This is how you can enjoy watching media content through Popcorn Time on Apple TV hassle-free.
Sideload Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4 Using IPA
You will have to follow the above-mentioned steps for the Cydia Impactor to install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4 through sideloading approach for cracked IPA file. Apple uses the IPA format to download and install apps on different iPhone or iPad devices.
Likewise, you can explore the Popcorn Time IPA release instantly.
Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 3 or 2
You can easily install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 3 or 2 with the help of using two different methods. These methods are tvOS and Cydia Impactor that allow you to achieve your installation objective accordingly.
Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4k
Popcorn Time is highly compatible with the latest version of Apple TV 4K. Thus, you can enjoy streaming videos in all the formats like 1080p, 720p, and others with the Popcorn Time from anywhere. By using the Cydia Impactor method, you can install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4K straightaway.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4
You can install Popcorn Time on Apple TV 4 through sideloading the Cydia Impactor app. In addition, you must possess USB cable, Mac PC, a valid Apple ID, and Popcorn Time IPA file. Here is the list of steps you should follow:
- Install the latest Cydia Impactor app and download Popcorn Time IPA file
- You should connect your Mac device to your Apple TV and launch Cydia Impactor
- Choose your Apple TV from the list of connected devices
- Drag the file you have downloaded earlier on the Cydia Impactor screen
- You will need to mention your Apple ID to authenticate and sideload the app
- If you experience an error message, click on OK and wait for Cydia Impactor to perform the job
- When you are done, go to Settings>General>Profile & Device Management
- Choose the new certificate from the list of certificates and tap on “Trust”
- You will see a new Popcorn Time icon on your screen
- You should enjoy watching your preferred movies or TV shows after opening the app
Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV without Jailbreak
Once you have decided to install Popcorn Time on Apple TV without following Jail-breaking process, you should apply Cydia Impactor or tvOS approach. Hence, you will not need to go through the hectic jail-breaking process. All you have to do is to perform the above-mentioned steps for tvOS or Cydia Impactor accordingly.
Popcorn Time Apple TV Not Working
Unfortunately, the Popcorn Time Apple TV streaming not working issues may spoil the users’ fun a great deal. Still, the Popcorn Time lovers need to remain hopeful and keep their fingers crossed. It means you can access to GitHub, another interactive forum that solves the streaming fans’ queries instantly.
There are different GitHub threads on Apple TV and Popcorn Time installation you can find to get the answer of all your questions straight away. All you need to do is to go through the above GitHub thread. This is how you can continue watching your desired media content hassle-free.
Popcorn Time on Apple TV Twitter
There is no denying Twitter has played its crucial role in promoting the use of Popcorn Time on Apple TV worldwide. Thus, it would not be a surprise for us if we explore Popcorn Time followers on Twitter. Therefore, Twitter users are recommending the installation of Popcorn Time on Apple TV apps.
Here is the comment of one Twitter user highlighting the importance of getting Popcorn Time and Apple on a single device.
If u get a Apple TV and popcorn time on ur phone u could use the money u save on Netflix etc subscriptions on a new watch
— ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (@BlazeDatShit) October 2, 2017
Likewise, there is another Twitter user asking help about the use of Cydia Impactor on Apple TV 4K to stream Popcorn Time content.
Hey bud can use cydia impactor on the new Apple TV 4K to add Kodi or popcorn time ? And big thanks been following you for long time
— JESSE (@NEONOUTLAW) September 20, 2017
Furthermore, a Twitter user enjoys unlimited streaming of media content through Popcorn Time on Apple TV hassle-free.
Yeah i agree but can be handy.. I primarily use popcorn time on my apple tv and that works a treat
— Matt Campbell (@mattcampbell80) July 24, 2017
Popcorn Time on Apple TV Reddit
Reddit is by far the most popular platform where you will find the Popcorn Time users in huge number. Moreover, there are various Apple TV apps developers and other professionals those raise their concerns about the installation issues.
Here is the response of one Apple TV app developer indicating the development of Popcorn Time TV app for Apple TV.
Here’s my rework of the PopcornTimeTV app for Apple TV.
Feel free to compile it and run it as you see fit.
The first version (4.0.0) what’s new? – Apple TV 4K fixes/support – Full tvOS 11.x support – Fix compiling in Xcode 9 – Squash a ton of bugs
The source is available of course, I’m not gonna make a fancy post as the source and README in my GitHub repository kinda speaks for itself.
Likewise, the other user followed the suggestions in true letter and spirit and enjoyed the Popcorn Time on Apple TV procedure straight away.
Similarly, another Reddit user followed the whole procedure and found it valuable in the end.
We expect you would appreciate our Popcorn Time on Apple TV guide. The guide allows you to experience tons of uninterrupted media coverage according to your own terms. However, you must connect to your desired VPN for Popcorn Time to secure your online privacy.
This way, you can spoof your online locations from your ISPs and copyright holders. By doing so, you will not find yourself in the hot waters of legal troubles.
Your comments are valuable for us so do share your feedback in the given section below.