Whether you’re a media enthusiast, gaming enthusiast, or casual streamer, the Nvidia Shield TV family has got something for each one of you. The Nvidia shield takes performance to the next level. It’s built and designed perfectly to be the centerpiece of your entertainment.
In order to bypass the geo-restricted content around the globe and enhance the functionality of your Nvidia Shield, you can pair it with a Virtual Private Network (VPN). NordVPN could be used to go anonymous online to enjoy a secure streaming experience and allow you to watch your favorite shows from anywhere in the world.
Let’s go through this article about how to set up nordvpn on Nvidia Shield in New Zealand:
How to Install and Set Up NordVPN on Nvidia Shield in New Zealand
You can simply download and install the NordVPN app from your Nvidia Shield’s Google Play Store as discussed in these simple steps listed below.
- Go to https://nordvpn.com/download/android-tv/ to download and install the NordVPN app.
- Launch Google Play Store from your Nvidia Shield TV. Search “NordVPN” and click the first search result.
It’s that simple!
NordVPN offers subscription packages for almost all available devices’ OS, including the Android TV. Having the Android TV is essential because Nvidia Shield is an Android TV device and thus runs with the Google Play Store. Therefore, you can easily set up NordVPN on Android TV.
Set Up NordVPN on Nvidia Shield in New Zealand
Setting up NordVPN on your Nvidia streaming device can be done by 2 methods. The first method is the direct installation of the VPN service to your streaming device. The second is to use a router as an intermediary. The router houses the VPN, and the device connects to the router. This indirectly gives your Nvidia Shield and other connected devices pure access to the functionalities of the installed NordVPN.
Setting Up NordVPN via the App
Just like every other app, setting this one up is not a challenging task since NordVPN has a very user-friendly interface in terms of navigation and design. You can get going right away. The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- Open the downloaded NordVPN software on Nvidia Shield TV.
- If you are a NEW USER you have to create an account. If you already have an account, input your login details and sign-up
- To automatically get connected simply click Quick Connect.
- You can also select any of the country buttons under the All Countries menu and quickly connect to a server from that country.
- Under the Specialty servers menu, you can find P2P, Obfuscated, Dedicated IP, Double VPN, and Onion over VPN server categories.
- Under the Settings menu, you can find other settings of the application, like CyberSec, select VPN protocol, Allow local network discovery, and set Custom DNS.
- In the Trusted apps section, you can add specific apps to bypass the VPN connection, also known as split-tunneling.
Setting up NordVPN via a Physical Router
Alternatively, you can also set up NordVPN on your physical router and use it on the Nvidia Shield. Follow these steps below to get started:
- Input the router’s login details to sign in and get started with the setup process.
- For the Configuration settings, check the manufacturer’s manual. For NordVPN to work on your router, the router has to support OpenVPN as a “Client” rather than a “Server” so that you’ll be able to connect to NordVPN servers. NordVPN themselves recommend any DD-WRT and Tomato-compatible routers to be set up with this VPN service.
- Test-run the router after configuration is done. You can always adjust your configuration settings to your preference. Once you get your best output, you can conveniently use the NordVPN service on your Nvidia Shield.
Why You Should Use NordVPN for Nvidia Shield in New Zealand?
Here are some of the reasons why you should use NordVPN for Nvidia Shield in New Zealand and other devices:
- Large server network: NordVPN has an extensive server database with over 5,200 servers in 60 countries. This gives you the luxury of choosing from multiple servers abroad.
- Fast Speed: NordVPN has ultra-fast servers. so you can stream your favorite games endlessly in Nvidia’s 4K quality without compromising on speed.
- High Security: It also uses AES-256 encryption and no practical attack has been known to break this encryption.
- Privacy: In addition to the no-logs policy, NordVPN offers a kill switch and leak protection to help you stay anonymous all the time. The kill switch feature works automatically and blocks all internet traffic in case of a VPN connection drop.
- Unblocking strength: NordVPN comes with excellent unblocking ability as it works with all major streaming platforms and can help you bypass internet restrictions. NordVPN Netflix is a perfect combo.
- Simultaneous connections: With NordVPN, you can connect Nvidia Shield alongside other devices because it allows 6 multi-logins. The NordVPN website and apps have an excellent user interface that is easy and friendly to use.
- Live customer support: Its 24/7 customer support service allows you to receive real-time solutions to any problem you might encounter when using NordVPN.
Does NordVPN work on Nvidia Shield In New Zealand?
Yes, you can set up NordVPN on Nvidia Shield in New Zealand. It will protect your internet connection from intrusion. You can also connect NordVPN on your router, protect all devices, including Shield TV and enjoy geo-restricted content.
Does Nvidia Shield have VPN?
There is no manual VPN connection setup available on Nvidia Shield, but you can sideload the VPN app on your router and then connect it to your TV.
Which NordVPN server is Netflix on?
If you want to access American Netflix, NordVPN has over 1970 servers in the US, and all of these work with Netflix. Overall, there are 5200 servers in 60 countries, so you can unblock Netflix of other regions as well.
Now you know different methods of how to set up NordVPN on Nvidia Shield in New Zealand. NordVPN armed with your Nvidia Shield gives you a top-class service.
The above-mentioned methods of installation will guide you through the process of setting up NordVPN on your Nvidia Shield TV in quick easy steps so that you can enjoy an ultimate streaming experience.