If you are on the go or living in New Zealand, you may have experienced some problems while accessing your bank’s application or might not be able to access Swiss news channels such as SRF1 and RTS in New Zealand.
This usually happens due to geoblocking restrictions. Some online services check your IP addresses to see whether you have a Switzerland IP address or not. Most of them have proxy blocking in-built systems that prevent people from accessing their content in New Zealand.
The way around to overcome this problem is to get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand with the help of a reliable VPN. In this detailed guide, we will show you how to get a Switzerland IP address so you can easily enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies in New Zealand.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to get Switzerland IP Address in New Zealand
Here are the best VPNs to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand:
Best VPNs to get a Switzerland IP Address in New Zealand (2023 In-Depth Analysis)
In today’s technologically advanced internet age, cybersecurity precautions are vital. A VPN is required if you wish to keep your web activities private.
We’ve assembled a list of the best VPN service providers below, all of which will help you completely change your IP address to Switzerland from anywhere in the world.
1. ExpressVPN – The best VPN for Switzerland IP address in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand. This VPN hosts over 3000 servers in 105 countries, including Switzerland, making it a globally spread VPN network.
This provider offers an amazing Smart DNS feature called MediaStreamer that allows you to unblock geo-restricted platforms without encrypting your internet traffic. This feature is useful for devices that do not support VPNs, for example, set up ExpressVPN on Apple TV in New Zealand.
Its location servers excel at circumventing geo-restrictions, allowing you to watch content from infamously obstinate platforms such as Prime Video and Netflix. ExpressVPN also helped change our Netflix region to Switzerland by automatically connecting to its fast Swiss servers in New Zealand.
The speeds of ExpressVPN on its Switzerland server were great when tested. It delivered a download speed of 87.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.13 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection.
Your online security is safeguarded by strong VPN encryption, zero logs, and zero-knowledge DNS. It has 256-bit encryption, ExpressVPN’s kill switch, full forward secrecy, and the finest DNS and IPv6 leak prevention.
ExpressVPN is compatible with almost all major operating systems, including Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Linux. Similarly, you may install ExpressVPN on Firestick, smartphones, Smart TVs, computers, and other six devices simultaneously. You can even set up ExpressVPN on routers for all-inclusive protection.
All in all, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Switzerland IP address, available for only NZ$ 10.82/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Black Friday Deal: Grab 3 Free Months + 49% OFF 12-Month Plan). It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to cancel your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand and get a full refund. For more details about this VPN, do check out our ExpressVPN review in New Zealand.
- Consistent and fast connectivity
- Optimized servers in Switzerland
- MediaStreamer feature for bufferless streaming
- Plenty of Swiss local IP addresses
- Ability to unblock local and international content
- A little more expensive than other VPNs
2. Surfshark – A budget-friendly to get a Switzerland IP address
Surfshark is the most affordable VPN to get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand, available for a price as low as NZ$ 3.23/mo (US$ 1.99/mo) (Get 86% + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It has a network of 3200 servers across 100 countries, including one server location in Switzerland.
We tested Surfshark’s Swiss servers by unblocking SRF 1, Das Erste, and Netflix Switzerland, and they worked great! There was no buffering on our connection, and we could watch all our favorite content in HD quality.
In the same way, we tested all popular global streaming services such as American Netflix, HBO Max, Vudu, Hulu, and Surfshark work with Disney+ and enjoyed every second of it.
After connecting to its Switzerland server, the Surfshark speed test delivered a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Moreover, it has dedicated applications for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems and also supports devices like Kindle fire, Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, and AppleTV also it is the best VPN for Kindle fire in New Zealand.
Its security features include 256-bit encryption, kill switch, DNS/IP leak protection, Multi-Hop, and a Whitelister feature to filter out malicious content while browsing the internet.
Moreover, Surfshark is one of the best multi-device VPNs, offering unlimited simultaneous on a single subscription. You can get this cheap VPN service with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a Surfshark free trial in New Zealand for 7 days.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our Surfshark review in New Zealand.
- Private features with robust security
- Obfuscation technology for absolute anonymity
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms
- This VPN protects your data with strong encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The desktop apps are slightly slower.
3. NordVPN – Largest Network Server for Switzerland IP address
NordVPN has the largest server network to get a Swiss IP address. There are over 5500 servers spread across 60 different countries, including 100+ servers of Switzerland.
With powerful unblocking strength, you can connect to its international servers and stream Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and Netflix with NordVPN. You may connect up to six devices simultaneously with a single account. During testing, the VPN also turned out to be the best VPN for Sky Go in Switzerland if you want to access the platform from within the Swiss region.
While conducting a NordVPN speed test, the VPN delivered a fast speed of 83.82 Mbps download and 44.64 Mbps upload speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
It has 256-bit AES encryption, malware scanning, an ad blocker, port forwarding prevention, WebRTC protection, and DNS leak prevention to keep you safe in the online world.
Moreover, its apps are compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. However, manual configuration is required to set up NordVPN on routers. That said, NordVPN also works with Firestick, Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo Switch.
This secure VPN comes at a price of NZ$ 6.47/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It further offers a 30-day refund policy for testing out the service.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our NordVPN review in New Zealand.
- Users can choose from a variety of VPN servers in Switzerland
- Streaming video of high quality
- Fantastic speeds
- Access popular local and international streaming sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Onion Over VPN for extra security
- Some servers are not optimized for torrenting
4. CyberGhost – Most user-friendly VPN to get a Switzerland IP address
CyberGhost offers user-friendly apps for first-time customers wanting to get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand. It offers over 9700+ ultra-fast VPN servers in 91 countries across the world. It has over 135 servers in Switzerland, each of which is optimized for accessing Swiss-based content and various financial services.
With CyberGhost’s Swiss servers, we could access SRF1, SRF ZWEI, ZDF, and many other channels to enjoy local content on them. The streaming speeds were reliable, and there was no buffering issue on the connection.
CyberGhost comes with a dedicated streaming mode, containing a variety of optimized servers for accessing famous services in the world. We were able to unblock Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix with CyberGhost.
While conducting a CyberGhost speed test, the VPN delivered a download speed of 75.47 Mbps and an upload speed of 69.34 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
CyberGhost provides limitless bandwidth and seven linked devices, letting you surf the Internet safely from any device. This service has an automated kill switch, which ensures your safety at all times.
CyberGhost is compatible with macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows operating systems. You can also install CyberGhost on Firestick, smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, and other various devices.
CyberGhost VPN safeguards your privacy with AES 256 encryption, IP and DNS leak prevention, and automatic ad-filtering and malware-blocking. Although you may pay through Bitcoin for additional privacy, CyberGhost does not save personally-identifying information. In case of any problem, live customer support is accessible 24/7.
All in all, CyberGhost is a quite reliable VPN service. It costs NZ$ 3.42/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) and offers a 45-day money-back guarantee to test out its features for a long period.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our CyberGhost review.
- It is compact and takes fewer resources to run
- The inclusion of a kill switch
- A person can register without revealing any personal information
- Geo-restriction is a significant barrier to website access
- It is not accessible in China, Russia, or the United Arab Emirates
5. IPVanish – Offers unlimited simultaneous connections to get a Switzerland IP address
IPVanish is a VPN that allows you to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand with unlimited simultaneous connections. It boasts a network of 2000+ servers in 75+ countries, including 12 servers in Zurich, Switzerland.
IPVanish offers a variety of features and benefits, including lightweight software for many major platforms, fast speeds for steady HD streaming, and exceptional data privacy.
Using these fast servers, we could unblock various Swiss TV channels, Das Erste, SRF1, and ZDF, quite swiftly. The streaming was great using this VPN as we barely faced any lags, and the quality didn’t drop below HD anytime in New Zealand.
IPVanish’s speeds are decent, delivering a download speed of 86.75 Mbps and an upload speed of 73.67 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
IPVanish is the best logless VPN service that supports various protocols such as SSTP, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and Chameleon. IPVanish employs 256-bit encryption and DNS and IPv6 leak prevention.
IPVanish is a well-known best VPN for Kodi users. It encrypts all of your data and offers state-of-the-art security and privacy features such as OpenVPN web traffic encryption and the choice to modify your IP address at pre-decided gaps. IPVanish does not save any information that might be used to locate you.
IPVanish offers a variety of features and benefits, including lightweight apps for many major operating systems such as iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, FireOS, and more. It has fast speeds for steady HD streaming on devices like Firesticks, Android TV, NVidia Shield, Chromecast, Roku, and more.
IPVanish can be subscribed to at a price of NZ$5.4/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) . Its service is backed up with a 30-day money-back guarantee for testing purposes.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our IPVanish review.
- Multiple servers in Switzerland
- The connection is dependable and fast
- Unlimited connections
- 24/7 live chat support
- Zero-logs policy
- Smaller server network than other VPNs
- Users are not allowed to register anonymously
Why Should You Get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand?
Here are a few reasons why you should get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand:
- Unblock geo-restricted websites: Missing your country’s geo-restricted content is normal, especially if you’re an ex-pat. But, you can always access the local Swiss channels and enjoy their favorite content easily in New Zealand. However, for getting a Swiss IP in New Zealand, instead of using a Switzerland address generator, you should get a VPN.
2. Access local websites while traveling: If you travel to New Zealand, you sometimes might require accessing a website that is available back home, like your local banking site. In that case, you’d require an IP address from Switzerland to access the website in New Zealand.
3. Bypass ISP surveillance and throttling: Imagine traveling to a country with strict internet surveillance, like in New Zealand, Oman, UAE, Turkey, and more. You’d require a Swiss IP from the best Swiss VPN for New Zealand usersto bypass that, along with throttled speeds. Why a Swiss IP? Because Switzerland has free cyberspace and lenient internet laws.
4. Stay secure on public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi networks are the hub of hackers for stealing data and breaching user privacy. Therefore, one requires having an encrypted connection while being secure. There’s no better way to do this except for a VPN. Connect to a Swiss IP address and stay safe wherever you go in New Zealand.
VPN for Switzerland IP Address in New Zealand – Testing Methodology
We tested a variety of VPN services on multiple factors. Following are a few significant factors listed below:
- Servers of Switzerland: The first factor for testing was quite simple. We required a VPN that offered Swiss servers to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand. All the VPNs we listed offer servers in Switzerland and other countries. They also update their IP address list from time to time, so you never get blocked in New Zealand.
- Efficient unblocking capabilities: The primary purpose of getting a Swiss IP is to access the country’s local sites and online content in New Zealand. We ensured that the VPNs above work with the top channels of Switzerland and regional content, like ZDF, SRF 1, Das Erste, and more.
- Fast speeds: What if the VPN offers Swiss servers, but you end up facing excessive delays on your connection? This is why we ensured that the VPNs we list offer fast speeds so you can browse, stream, or torrent anything easily in New Zealand.
- Robust security: A top VPN should always protect you over the internet and encrypt your connection while you perform your activities. The recommended services we listed in this article offer various advanced features, including a kill switch, no-logs, split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and more.
- Effective customer service: In case of any queries, one needs help from a professional. The recommended services above offer 24/7 live chat support so users can ask questions and solve their problems anytime.
- Risk-free money-back guarantee: If you’re hesitant about choosing a VPN service for yourself and committing to any long-term plans, then you can always test the VPN for a minimum period of 30 days and ask for a refund if you don’t like the service.
What are the other methods to obtain a Swiss IP address in New Zealand?
There are other methods to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand, but none of them are as reliable as VPNs. However, if you still want to know about them, simply continue reading below:
1. TOR Browsers:
The Onion Router (Tor) is one way to obtain a Swiss IP address in New Zealand if you’re reluctant to use a VPN. It encrypts user data and passes it through various relays in the network. This creates multi-layer encryption and a path that’s hard to follow to reveal the user’s identity.
While this may sound easy, Tor is subject to extremely slow speeds and multiple risks since the data is transferred through various relays. Also, your connection can be compromised if the site you want to access doesn’t use SSL.
2. Proxy sites:
There are several free and paid proxy sites available for getting a Swiss IP address in New Zealand. When you use a proxy, your internet browser connects to the proxy first, and then the proxy site forwards your internet traffic to the website you’re trying to access.
But, proxy sites lack encryption. This way, your online activities are exposed to your ISP and the government.
All things considered, a VPN is the safest and the most reliable way to get a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Switzerland IP Address Safe in New Zealand?
Yes, a virtual private network (VPN) is one of the safest methods to obtain a Swiss IP address in New Zealand. A VPN alters your actual IP address and replaces it with the one in Switzerland.
This tricks the local Swiss websites and streaming channels into thinking you’re accessing the service from within Switzerland and allows you to easily unblock them in New Zealand.
How can I get a free Switzerland IP address in New Zealand?
Free VPNs sound appealing and are easily available, but we advise our readers to not fall for this trap. Free VPN Switzerland servers are not secured and have subpar encryption standards. Besides, not all free providers have servers of Switzerland in New Zealand.
To get a Switzerland IP address without compromising your privacy in New Zealand, it is strongly recommended to use a premium service like ExpressVPN.
Is VPN usage legal in New Zealand?
Yes, VPNs are totally legal in New Zealand. Most Swiss citizens use VPNs to access content from their country when living or traveling abroad. For this reason, we strongly recommend ExpressVPN, which can unblock anything from Netflix New Zealand to Youtube TV while protecting your data.
How do I change my VPN to Switzerland in New Zealand?
Here is how to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand:
- Select a reliable VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Install your VPN app.
- Connect to a Swiss server from the locations list.
- Try accessing any geo-restricted Swiss website in New Zealand.
Why would an email from Switzerland have a New Zealand IP address?
An email from Switzerland might have a New Zealand IP because the person sending you an email from Switzerland might be using a VPN to get an IP address from New Zealand. VPN apps help you relocate yourself virtually anywhere in the world by assigning your device an IP address of whatever location you desire.
Which VPN has a Switzerland server in New Zealand?
ExpressVPN offers a Switzerland server and is our top choice to get a Swiss IP address in New Zealand. Besides ExpressVPN, Surfshark is the most affordable option with speedy Swiss servers and fantastic unblocking capabilities. NordVPN also equips plenty of fast servers in Switzerland and offers great privacy and security on them in New Zealand.
This article has outlined all of the legal methods that will assist our readers in getting a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand.
Instead of a fake address generator, we tend to utilize a VPN (a paid and recommended service rather than a free version) because VPNs are simple to use and give the greatest results when compared to alternative methods.
Because of its fast broadband, world-class security precautions, and vast server network, ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for getting a Switzerland IP address in New Zealand. A 30-day money-back guarantee backs ExpressVPN’s Swiss IPs, so you can try them out risk-free. You can always demand a full refund if you do not want it.