Are you in Ireland and looking for a completely free Ireland VPN that won’t disappoint you in terms of security and unblocking capabilities? Then look no further! We’ve researched for you.
There are multiple good reasons to use a VPN if you live in or travel to Ireland. With the best VPN Ireland working in New Zealand, you can get an Ireland IP address, unblock geo-restricted content, and protect your online identity. It also keeps you secure when you are using public Wi-Fi and helps you stay anonymous online.
Moreover, it helps you to overcome the throttling imposed by your ISP and lets you enjoy a smooth streaming experience.
We have researched the best Ireland free VPN services available in 2023 to help you. All of these providers has great unblocking capabilities, solid encryption, and impressive security features. So let’s take a closer look at each one of them: Free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand – Detailed Analysis.
Quick Overview: 3 Best Risk-Free VPN Ireland Working in New Zealand
Below is a quick overview of our top 3 picks for the best completely free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand in 2023.
- Windscribe – Best Free VPN With 3+ servers In Ireland. Windscribe is the best free VPN with 3+ servers in Ireland (in its premium plan). It comes with 10GB of data every month, unlimited connections, and solid encryption. Plus, it offers great security features such as a no-logs policy, DNS leak protection, and more.
- TunnelBear – 500 MBs Monthly Data Free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand. TunnelBear VPN has 500 Mbs of monthly data, unlimited connections, and solid encryption. It also offers state of the art security features like a kill switch and no-logs policy.
- ProtonVPN – Completely Free Ireland VPN With Unlimited Bandwidth. ProtonVPN has unlimited bandwidth even on its free plan and is one of the most secure services. It comes with eight servers in Ireland. It also has some impressive security features, such as AES-256 encryption, and offers 10 simultaneous connections.
ExpressVPN – The Most Recommended VPN for Ireland
ExpressVPN is the leading VPN provider with the highest security features, 1 dedicated Ireland server, and outstanding performance on all fronts. But did you know that it is also available for FREE? ExpressVPN offers a free trial for 7 days with a 30-day money-back guarantee to free users!
What Is The Purpose of Free VPN Ireland?
A free VPN for Ireland within New Zealand can help you bypass censorship, geo-restrictions, and ISP bandwidth throttling. It also helps to keep your online activities private, secure your data while using public Wi-Fi networks, and unblock websites and streaming services like Netflix.
Moreover, a free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand can be used to unblock torrents and P2P networks. All of this is without the risk of being tracked or having your data exposed to third-party companies.
However, it’s important to note that not all Ireland free VPNs are worth using in New Zealand. Most of them come with limited features and slow speeds, so you don’t want to rely on them for serious tasks like torrenting or streaming.
If you want to use more reliable and fast VPN for Ireland, you’ll have to invest in a premium service like ExpressVPN. It offers military-grade encryption, lightning-fast speeds, and a strict no-logs policy. Moreover, it has servers in over 94 countries including multiple server locations in Ireland so you can access your favorite Irish content in New Zealand.
3 Free VPNs for Ireland working in New Zealand – Detail Analysis
Now you know the reasons to use a VPN for Ireland within New Zealand so let’s take a closer look at each one of these services and see what they have to offer:
1. Windscribe – The Best Free VPN With 3+ servers In Ireland
- 3+ servers in Ireland in the premium plan.
- Offers 24 hours of a free trial.
- Provides 57.42 Mbps of downloading speed on a connection of 100 Mbps.
- 10 GBs of bandwidth.
- Uses AES-256-Bit encryption.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
Windscribe is the best free VPN for Ireland with 3+ servers in Ireland on its premium plan. Overall, Windscribe VPN has around 500+ servers in over 60 countries. But on its free plan in New Zealand, it offers servers in only 10+ countries. These server locations include Canada, Germany, US, France, Norway, Romania, Netherlands, the UK, Switzerland, and Hong Kong.
With Windscribe VPN, you can also unblock and watch different geo-restricted streaming services such as Netflix in New Zealand, Netflix UK, Disney+, and more. But, to watch Ireland geo-restricted channels in New Zealand, you will need to upgrade your package as Windscibe doesn’t offer servers in Ireland in its free plan.
We tested Windscribe VPN personally to ensure it is safe to use or not. Firstly, we checked for DNS Leaks and IP leaks, and glad to report that Windscribe VPN is free from any such leaks. Furthermore, the streaming experience with the Windscribe VPN is also good as we didn’t face any lagging issues, but it allows only 10 GB of data per month on its free plan. So, after those 10 GBs of data, you will have to wait for the next month or purchase a premium plan.
After that, we conducted a Windscribe speed test on a connection of 100 Mbps because speed is an important factor when streaming content. After running the speed, we got a downloading speed of 65.21 Mbps and an uploading speed of 34.75 Mbps. However, the downloading and uploading speed is not very good but still satisfactory.
You can use the Windscribe VPN on your iOS device, Android device, Mac, Windows, or Linux. You can also use it on some routers and streaming devices. Plus, it offers unlimited simultaneous connections with its free plan so that you can connect all your devices at the same time with a single account.
In terms of security, Windscribe provides AES 256-bit encryption and features like a kill switch, secure hotspot (WPA2-PSK), and DNS leak protection. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, so your data is safe with them. The built-in ad-blocking feature is also a great addition that helps in improving the overall browsing experience by blocking unwanted ads.
Windscribe offers two different pricing plans for the premium package. It includes a monthly plan for NZ$12.80/month and a yearly plan for NZ$13.96/month. Both the premium plans offer unlimited data and 30 days of a money-back guarantee.
Moreover, it has a 24/7 available customer support team which you can contact through live chat or email.
To learn more about this provider, check out our Windscribe review in New Zealand.
- 3+ servers in Ireland on the premium plan.
- 10 GB of data per month.
- No logs policy.
- DNS leak protection.
- Good streaming experience.
- A limited number of servers are in the free plan.
- No servers in Ireland on the free plan.
2. TunnelBear – 500 MBs Monthly Data Free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand
- Multiple servers in 48 locations.
- 500 MBs/month bandwidth.
- 55.81 Mbps of downloading speed on a connection of 100 Mbps.
- Uses AES 256-bit encryption for data security.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
TunnelBear VPN provides 500 MBs monthly data to its users on its free plan. TunnelBear has around total 3000 servers in 48 countries, including Ireland. Other server locations of the TunnelBear VPN include the US, UK, Germany, Canada, and many more.
With TunnelBear, you can unblock and watch other geo-restricted channels like USTV GO, Netflix US, and Disney+, but still, after spending a few minutes streaming, you will reach the limit of 500 MBs.
We tested the TunnelBear VPN to ensure that it offers good performance. We connected with its Ireland server and check for any IP Leaks in New Zealand. We are glad to inform you that we didn’t face any leaks while using the TunnelBear VPN. However, TunnelBear offers only 500 MBs of data per month which is not enough for streaming. So, if you want to stream or browse more than 500 MBs of data, you must upgrade your plan.
Then, we conducted TunnelBear speed test on a connection of 100 Mbps. TunnelBear provides us with a downloading speed of 55.27 Mbps and an uploading speed of 40.21 Mbps.
TunnelBear is compatible with almost all major platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux. Plus, it offers unlimited simultaneous connections with its free plan. TunnelBear also has browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
In terms of security, TunnelBear provides AES 256-bit encryption and features like a kill switch and DNS leak protection. Plus. TunnelBear has a Vigilant mode, which is a great feature that automatically blocks all unsecured traffic when the connection drops.
TunnelBear offers three plans. One is free, the other one is an unlimited plan that costs you only NZ$5.17 per month, and the last is the team’s plan which costs you NZ$8.92 per month. All the plans offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Their 24/7 customer support is very helpful, and you can contact them through email or Twitter. We contacted them through email and asked them some general queries, and they resolved them within an hour.
To learn more about this provider, check out our TunnelBear review in New Zealand.
- 3000 servers in 48 countries, including Ireland.
- No logs policy.
- DNS leak protection with Vigilant mode.
- A browser extension is available.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Limited data on the free plan (500 MB).
3. ProtonVPN – Completely Free Ireland VPN With Unlimited Bandwidth
- 8+ servers in Ireland on its premium plan.
- 7-day free trial with 30 days of the money-back guarantee.
- Provides a downloading speed of 50 Mbps.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Uses AES 256-bit for encryption and SHA-348 hash for authentication.
- Allows only 1 connection on its free plan and up to 10 devices on its premium plan.
ProtonVPN is a famous free Ireland VPN with unlimited bandwidth on its free plan. It is the only VPN on our list with no data limit on its free plan. ProtonVPN has over 1,000 servers in 3 countries (US, JP, and NZ) in its free plan. Its premium plan offers 1700+ servers in 60+ countries, including 8+ servers in Ireland.
Like other VPNs on our list, we did our due diligence by testing its performance. Firstly, we tested ProtonVPN’s Ireland server for its no-logging policy, and it passed our test in New Zealand.
Then, we tested its streaming performance. As ProtonVPN offers free servers only in three countries (US, Japan, and New Zealand), you can unblock and watch content in those countries. With the premium plan of ProtonVPN, you can unblock almost all streaming services like Netflix in New Zealand as its premium plan has a range of servers in different countries, and you can access multiple streaming services from different parts of the world.
Due to unlimited bandwidth on its free plan, you can stream, browse or download as much as you want. But, if you want to access more servers or use its extra features like torrenting and ad-blocker, you must upgrade your plan.
Regarding speed, we tested the ProtonVPN speed test on a connection of 100 Mbps and got the result of 65.12 Mbps downloading speed and 59.32 Mbps uploading speed. However, this speed is not too great to have a seamless streaming experience but still better than some other free VPNs like Hola VPN.
As far as compatibility is concerned, it is compatible with a variety of platforms and browsers like Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and Chrome. Furthermore, it supports up to 10 simultaneous connections with its premium plan.
ProtonVPN has strong security features like AES 256-bit encryption and SHA-348 hash for authentication. It uses WireGuard protocol for connections, and its kill switch feature is quite reliable. The strict no-logging policy of ProtonVPN ensures that your browsing history or data remains private.
ProtonVPN has two pricing plans; one is free with limited features like a number of servers and torrenting, and the other is a premium plan that costs you €4.99 per month.
To learn more about this provider, check out our ProtonVPN review.
- Unlimited data on its free plan for unlimited streaming.
- No logs policy.
- Kill switch and DNS leak protection.
- Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox are available.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- The streaming speed on its free plan is a little compromised.
How We Choose and Evaluate These Free VPNs?
Below is a list of the factors we always consider while evaluating VPNs.
- Encryption: Security is the primary concern when it comes to a VPN. Thus, we always make sure that the VPNs have military-grade encryption like AES 256-bit for its customers. All the VPNs on our list have strong AES-256-bit encryption to secure your data.
- Unblocking Geo-Restricted Channels: To evaluate the unblocking capability of a VPN, we test it on various geo-restricted channels like TG4 and BBC iPlayer, and all the VPNs on our list passed this test with decent performance on their premium plans.
- Speed: Good download speed is the main factor that decides the streaming performance of a VPN. Thus, we always check the speed of a VPN before recommending it to our users. All the VPNs on our list have acceptable speeds, but Windscribe VPN has better speeds than others.
- Price: A VPN’s price should not be so high that users cannot afford it. Thus, we always check the pricing plans of a VPN and make sure they are affordable for our users. All the VPNs on our list have reasonable pricing plans and offer free plans too, with few limitations.
Is It Risky To Use Free VPN for Ireland in New Zealand?
No, it is not risky to use a free VPN for Ireland in New Zealand. All the free VPNs that we have mentioned on our list are reliable and trustworthy. They offer strong encryption, kill switch, DNS leak protection, and unblocking streaming services. The only downside of these free VPNs is their speed, as they cannot provide you with high-speed servers like the paid ones.
If you want a high-speed VPN with better features, you can opt for ExpressVPN or Nord VPN, as they are the best VPNs for Ireland for New Zealand users. They offer high download speed, strong encryption, and unblock most of the geo-restricted channels. Furthermore, their pricing plans are very reasonable.
Free VPNs for Ireland To Avoid Within New Zealand
With great VPNs, there are also some bad ones as well. There are many free VPNs available on the internet that you should avoid the following:
- HOXX VPN: You should never use this VPN as it is full of ads that can ruin your streaming or browsing experience. Moreover, the poor logging policy of HOXX VPN can be a security risk for you. While doing testing, we experienced a speed drop of about 80%, which is way too low. For more, refer to our HoxxVPN review in New Zealand.
- HolaVPN: Hola VPN is the worst VPN we have ever seen. It has no encryption, keeps logs of user activities, and its free version is full of ads that can be very irritating. Furthermore, it does not allow torrenting, making it totally unusable for some users. To know more, refer to our HolaVPN review in New Zealand.
FAQs – Free VPN for Ireland to use within New Zealand
Is there a free VPN to use in New Zealand with Ireland server?
Yes, some free VPNs, like Tunnelbear, offer servers in Ireland that you can use within New Zealand. This VPN is fast and secure, using strong encryption and no logs policy. Tunnelbear comes with 500 MBs of Monthly Data, to let you watch and stream without any interruption.
Can I Get a Free VPN for Ireland in New Zealand?
Yes, you can get Windscribe, which is a free VPN for Ireland which Kiwi’s can use. It has robust encryption and no logs policy to protect your data from any unauthorized access. Furthermore, it provides unlimited bandwidth and offers decent speeds to let you stream without lags or buffering.
How Kiwi’s can use ExpressVPN Free for Ireland?
You can avail of the 7-day free trial of ExpressVPN for Ireland on iOS or Android within New Zealand. All you need to do is sign up with the VPN and enjoy the best free android VPN for Ireland and all its features, including unblocking streaming services, military-grade encryption, and more, at no cost. You can cancel it anytime before the trial ends if you are unsatisfied with its performance.
With increasing privacy issues in Ireland, more people are turning to VPNs to protect their privacy. In our testing of 50+ free VPNs, we found Windscribe to be the best free VPN Ireland working in New Zealand.
However, while free VPNs provide many benefits, many of their disadvantages outweigh their advantages. We must recommend ExpressVPN, despite the fact that it is not entirely free. But since it offers military-grade protection, unlimited bandwidth, fast speed, and servers in 94 countries.
By choosing ExpressVPN, you can easily protect your privacy, bypass geo-restrictions, and enjoy your freedom online in New Zealand.