As of September 28, 2022, ITV Hub has been rebranded as ITVX as they have upgraded content protection technology. ITVX is the new streaming service from ITV.
Is your subscription to ITV Hub not working with VPN in NZ? No problem, you must test your VPN connection on a desktop computer or laptop. This error happens when ITV Hub detected that your mobile’s GPS location differs from your VPN IP address.
If the issue persists, you may contact your VPN provider through its live chat to determine if they have any ITV Hub-compatible servers. As not all UK servers are fit for streaming geo-blocked platforms in NZ, it’s better to get advice from the VPN team themselves.
So if you want to watch Lionesses vs Spain FIFA WC23 in New Zealand and are facing issues, then this guide will set you up to watch it without any problems.
Whenever your IP address does not correspond to a UK region, you will get an error message if you try to access ITVX.
“Sorry! “This video isn’t currently available.”
Watching ITV abroad requires a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that provides you with a UK IP address.
Now, if your VPN fails to serve this purpose, don’t leave a bad review yet. We compiled a troubleshooting guide for you. You can also read about the best VPNs in NZ in the detailed guides that we have compiled.
ITV Hub not working with VPN in NZ: Quick guide
You can solve this ITVX not working with VPN in NZ problem by following these measures. After completing each step, try ITV Hub again to see if it works as intended.
- First, try deleting your browser’s cookies and cache. In doing so, your VPN UK IP address is only visible, not your previously recorded location from your cookies.
- Turn on the IPv6, Web RTC, and DNS leak prevention, if you haven’t already.
- Change your VPN protocol by testing which provides the most stable connection. Not all VPN protocols work with streaming sites. You can also switch to stealth mode if it’s available.
- Switch to a new UK server. Run the Smart Locator to lead you to the best server available.
- If your ITV Hub not working with your mobile devices in NZ, check if it works on other devices. Try accessing ITV Hub on your PC or TV. More often than not, the mobile problem happens when ITV Hub has detected a mismatch between your IP address and the location from your phone’s GPS.
- If that doesn’t work, try contacting your VPN provider to check if they have specialized ITV Hub servers. After this report, the staff may even notify you of the root cause of your ITV Hub VPN problem.
- If your VPN stops working with ITV Hub in NZ, you’ll need to find a new premium VPN to unblock the streaming platform. Based on our tests, the best VPN to Avoid ITV Hub VPN Errors in NZ is ExpressVPN. The best encryption and unblocking abilities are bundled up for you.
Why is ITV Hub not working with VPN in NZ?
ITV Hub is restricted to users in the United Kingdom, and it verifies your location to ensure you have access to the service. If you are having trouble watching ITVX shows, it is because it thinks you’re outside the UK.
You seem to be using a VPN or proxy ITV Hub reports. Streaming sites develop stringent IP monitoring systems that identify unusual user traffic. Hence, ITV easily senses that you are not in the UK.
To emphasize, access errors to ITVX can still happen even with a VPN connection. It happens when your VPN provider has poor encryption strategies. When the IP monitoring system of ITV gets ahead of you, it automatically blacklists your access.
Now, the question is “does ITV hub work with VPN in NZ?” Yes. But not just any VPNs. You shouldn’t sign up for a free VPN or any random provider you find online. IP address tracking is getting easier as streaming sites like ITV Hub employs solid blocking technologies.
Only a premium VPN unblocks content and bypasses censorship restrictions in NZ. The benefits of using a premium VPN are numerous. A common use is bypassing regional restrictions on online services.
After establishing an encrypted connection, you can regain access to the restricted material everywhere you are.
Best VPN to Avoid ITV hub VPN error in NZ
In this section, the search for “which VPN works with ITV Hub in NZ?” comes to a close. ExpressVPN rises to the top of our list, as it performs excellently during our tests. Read on.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Avoid ITV Hub Error in NZ in 2023
If you’re trying to stream ITVX in NZ, ExpressVPN is your best bet. It is the best VPN that avoids ITV Hub errors in NZ owing to its encryption technologies.
It has four (4) servers in the United Kingdom, all in different areas of London, Docklands, Wembley, and Eastland. In our experience, we achieved the best connections using the London servers.
When we ran an ExpressVPN speed test in NZ on our 100 Mbps connection, we achieved download speeds of 89.42 Mbps and upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps.
In addition to its servers in the United Kingdom, ExpressVPN provides access to over 3,000 servers in 90 different locations worldwide.
ExpressVPN provides the most effective unlocking of geo-restricted sites. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and ExpressVPN for HBO Max work best. You can easily access any US channel without facing any VPN-related errors like Disney Plus Not Working With VPN in NZ using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN provides cross-platform support for streaming. You can manually set it up using its premier Media Streamer feature.
This ensures that you can watch FIFA women’s world cup final 2023 online in New Zealand on any device of your choice. And in addition to the final match, you can also watch FIFA women’s world cup closing ceremony 2023 in New Zealand.
ExpressVPN works with any system, operating system, or device. You can connect ExpressVPN on Fire Stick in NZ, Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, smart TV, computer, or router.
You can enhance your Roku Express+ experience with ExpressVPN on Roku in NZ Streaming Stick+.
You can connect as many as five (5) devices simultaneously in a single plan. Plus, despite simultaneous use, ExpressVPN’s unlimited bandwidth ensures zero buffers and slowdowns.
ExpressVPN’s use cases ensure online security in NZ. Using 256-bit AES encryption, a network lock, split tunneling, the Open VPN protocol, the Lightway protocol, and an independently audited no-logs policy, ExpressVPN safeguards your data in NZ.
With ExpressVPN, you can get a risk-free, limitless online experience. You can try it for 30 days (money-back guarantee) when you subscribe today. Check out ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial in NZ on iOS and Android mobile devices.
ExpressVPN’s annual plan has a minimum monthly cost of NZ$ 10.83/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Black Friday Deal: Grab 3 Free Months + 49% OFF 12-Month Plan) and includes FREE three (3) months with other PERKS.
For your questions and concerns, it has a live chat service 24/7. In terms of live chat support, ExpressVPN currently has the fastest response time.
For more information, check out our comprehensive ExpressVPN review in NZ.
Going back, why is ITV Hub not working with a VPN in NZ? Simple. You may be using a subpar-quality ITV Hub VPN.
Sign up for ExpressVPN and see how this premium VPN enables continuous access to ITV Hub. Errors? Disconnection? ExpressVPN does not know them.
- Reliably ITVX Streaming Service
- 4 servers in the UK
- Speedy servers for consistent streaming
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 live chat support
- Only five simultaneous connections
How does the ITV Hub block my VPN in NZ?
There has been significant improvement in ITV Hub’s ability to detect VPNs over the past few years.
There are a number of potential causes for your VPN to have trouble connecting to ITV, and it is not always straightforward to determine which one is at play in your particular situation.
The most prevalent issues that limit access to content on ITV Hub are as follows:
- ITV Hubs detects your real location through your browser cookies or cached data. It identifies that you are not in the UK.
- ITV blocked the VPN server you’re using due to unusual traffic from the same server.
- Your ISP uses servers that are blocked by ITV Hub due to geo-restrictions.
- The location recorded by your IP address and the location recorded by your GPS device does not match. This problem mostly happens on your mobile devices where the country change is detected in ITV Hub.
- Your VPN does not encrypt you strong enough to hide your true IP address and location, exposing your location.
- Your preferred server isn’t compatible with ITV Hub’s geo-blocking software.
- You are using a virtual server that can easily be tracked by ITV Hub’s blocking system.
What’s New to Watch on ITV in 2023?
Here is the list of all coming-up events including shows and movies that will be streamed on ITV in 2023.
Can I stream ITVX with a free VPN in NZ?
No. Free VPN for ITV Hub access is unreliable in NZ. Although ITV Hub offers free access, it is only available within the United Kingdom due to geo-blocking. To access ITV Hub, stay away from free VPNs. In most cases, you cannot get a stable connection due to its poor encryption standards. Using a free VPN in NZ also puts you in a vulnerable position online. These services engage in bandwidth borrowing and data trading.
Why does ITV Hub block VPNs in NZ?
ITV Hub blocks VPNs because ITV is restricted to users in the United Kingdom. ITV Hub verifies your location to ensure that you are actually in the UK and not hiding behind a virtual connection via a server.
How to fix ITVX error 006 in NZ?
To fix Error 006 on ITV Hub, try changing to a different UK server. Error 006 means ITV Hub discovered that you are using a VPN or proxy. This happens when your real IP address was exposed, and ITV knew you are not in the UK. By switching to a different server, you get another UK IP address, and your access to ITV Hub can be re-established.
“ITV Hub not working with VPN in NZ” problems often happen when ITV actively blacklists your IP address. ITV employs an IP monitoring system to ensure that only UK audiences get access to its content. To fix this access error, you can start by checking if the problem rests on your own device. If it does not work on your phone, try using your desktop or laptop to double-check if the error still persists. If it does, then, clear your cache and delete your browser’s cookies.
You can also switch to another UK server to bypass the error and regain access. If these steps do not work, try changing your VPN settings by choosing another protocol. Also, ensure that the VPN’s leak detection tools are activated. Reach out to your VPN’s live chat support for the best assistance on this issue.
If, despite all these efforts, you still cannot access ITVX with your VPN in NZ, then, consider upgrading to a better service. For years now, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to avoid ITV Hub errors in NZ.
Its 256 AES encryption, Media Streamer, kill-switch, and unblocking abilities make it number 1. A free mobile trial and massive discounts are available. Avail it while it lasts!