The best way to get past restrictions on Viber is by using a premium Virtual Private Network (VPN). In this article, we will find out the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand, and how you can use it to chat freely with your friends, family, and loved ones.
Viber is a cross-platform software based on instant messaging (IM) and voice-over IP (VoIP) functionality. You can download it on all major operating systems like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux. So, if you are finding an affordable, safe, and reliable platform to connect and talk with your peers, or if you work remotely that requires you to communicate frequently, Viber is a handy alternative to expensive phone services.
Although Viber secures its conversation through end-to-end encryption and it’s loved by users, this feature doesn’t go well with the governments in every country. For example, you can’t access Viber in China, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, and Egypt. So what should you do if you are traveling to one of these countries or any other place where Viber is completely or partially restricted?
Well, we have a perfect hack for you. The best VPN services will let you use Viber on your own terms. However, here comes the tricky part. With so many VPN service providers available, finding the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand requires a lot of research. Luckily for you, we have put in the hard work for you and shortlisted 3 top VPNs for Viber.
Our picks on Best VPNs for Viber in New Zealand
Want to download the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand right away? Here’s a quick overview of our top picks:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Viber in New Zealand. Offers blazing-fast speeds, stable connections, multilayered security, and obfuscated servers. Allows you to use VoIP and Instant Messaging services with complete freedom.
- Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN for Viber in New Zealand. An affordable service provider that comes with top-notch security features. Gives you a safe passage to Instant Messaging and VoIP services.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Viber in New Zealand. Most secure VPN in terms of online data protection and privacy. User-friendly apps with a one-click connectivity option if you want to unblock any Instant Messaging and VoIP platform.
Best VPN for Viber in New Zealand – Detailed Analysis
Choosing the best VPN for Viber demands effort, research, and testing. The ideal VPN for Viber must provide fast speed for video and voice calling. Moreover, it must ensure your data privacy with top-notch encryption.
Luckily, we have pinned down the top 3 VPNs that work perfectly with Viber. Let’s uncover our top picks one by one:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Viber in New Zealand
- Total number of servers: More than 3000
- Speed range: Unlimited bandwidth
- Works with VoIP services: Viber, WhatsApp, Zoom
- Maximum devices supported simultaneously: 5
- Money-back guarantee: 30 days
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand. This VPN has managed to claim the top spot due to its extraordinary performance, fast speed, robust security, and top-grade encryption. It’s in fact the best VPN for digital nomads in New Zealand that will let you enjoy uninterrupted Viber communication with an added layer of security.
This VPN provider offers a wide range of 3000+ high-speed servers in 94 countries. You can easily connect to any server location where Viber isn’t blocked and enjoy unlimited calls without any obstruction.
ExpressVPN comes with a Split tunneling feature that allows you to choose which applications you need to route through its encrypted tunnel. For instance, you can allow Viber to use the VPN network while the rest of your apps and services use a regular internet connection.
Moreover, there’s no limit on server switches and you can change as many servers as you want. It offers a stable network with an impressive 99.99% uptime.
You can enjoy a smooth and uninterrupted calling experience with this VPN. The ExpressVPN speed test in New Zealand revealed that it can go up to an impressive downloading speed of 89.64 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
ExpressVPN is safe, and that means your Viber communication will be protected with an added layer of privacy, with features like AES-256-Bit Encryption, IKEv2, Lightway Protocol, a Kill Switch, and a strict No-Logging Policy of ExpressVPN in New Zealand.
You can use ExpressVPN with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. ExpressVPN app for Linux is also available with easy configuration.
ExpressVPN is available for just NZ$ 10.94/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan), including a 30-day money-back guarantee, during which you can easily cancel your ExpressVPN subscription without paying anything. Moreover, mobile users can also enjoy an ExpressVPN free trial in New Zealand for 7 days.
Check out our ExpressVPN review in New Zealand for an in-depth analysis.
- Fast speeds for high-quality Viber communication
- Extensive network to unblock Viber anywhere
- No data logging or retention
- AES 256-bit Encryption for your data privacy
- Allows 5 simultaneous connections
- Automatic Kill Switch to prevent data leaks
- 24/7 customer support
- Fewer simultaneous connections
- More expensive than other competitors
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Viber
- Total number of servers: 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Simultaneous device connections: Unlimited
- Works with VoIP services: WhatsApp, Zoom, Viber, and more
- Ad blocker: Available
- Free trial: 7 days
- Money-back guarantee: 30 days
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN for Viber in New Zealand in 2023. It offers a perfect combination of data privacy and speed at a highly affordable price. Moreover, its unlimited simultaneous connections make it the best VPN for multiple devices in New Zealand. That means you can securely use Viber on multiple devices at a time.
It offers a reliable network of 3200+ servers in 100 countries, allowing you to access Viber in countries that have banned the communication platform, such as China, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.
Surfshark comes with a strict No-logging Policy and doesn’t keep a record of your online data and internet traffic. Moreover, it also offers an automated Kill Switch that disconnects your internet connection if the VPN connection drops, offering you DNS & IP leak protection.
It makes for the best VPN for VoIP services with notable features that will ensure safe communication via Viber including Camouflage Mode, Bypasser Mode, Multi-hop Servers, and Clean Web.
The Surfshark speed test in New Zealand indicates that you can enjoy high-speed connections for uninterrupted calls through Viber. On a 100 Mbps connection, we got a rapid downloading speed of 81.32 Mbps and an uploading speed of 76.12 Mbps.
Surfshark is a cross-platform service that offers apps for Linux, Windows, macOS, and iOS. It’s also one of the best VPNs for Android due to its easy configuration.
You can subscribe to Surfshark for as low as NZ$ 3.77/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). You will also get a comprehensive 30-day money-back guarantee. Another plus is the Surfshark 7-day free trial in New Zealand which is offered to mobile users.
For more information on technical aspects, read our detailed Surfshark review in New Zealand.
- Stable network of 3200+ servers
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Fast speeds for smooth Viber communication
- Server obfuscation for additional anonymity
- 24/7 customer support
- The No Borders Mode makes it slow
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN for Viber in 2023
- Total number of servers: 5500 servers in 60+ countries
- Payment in cryptocurrency: Supported
- Simultaneous device connections: 6
- Dedicated IP addresses: available
- Works with VoIP services: Viber, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Zoom
- Money-back guarantee: 30 days
NordVPN is the most secure VPN for Viber in New Zealand in 2023. This VPN has been in the industry for over a decade now and is known for pioneering several security protocols. You can use this VPN for safe and reliable internet usage with its next-generation encryption protocols, including its in-house NordLynx protocol.
This VPN is also known for its huge network of 5500+ servers in 60 countries. You can always find a fast server to unblock Viber anywhere you want, including those countries where it’s completely blocked like China and Saudi Arabia.
NordVPN comes with top-notch encryption protocols and security features. It maintains a No-Logs Policy and doesn’t store any online data. Moreover, you can also enable Kill switch with NordVPN to prevent any potential IP and DNS leaks.
NordVPN is also the best VPN with ad-blockers and comes with a Dark Web Monitor to help you enjoy a safe and clean internet experience. These features let you enjoy Viber calls with your loved ones in a safe and secure environment.
It doesn’t disappoint you in terms of speed as well. The NordVPN speed test in New Zealand gave us impressive results on a 100 Mbps connection. It managed to hit a swift downloading speed of 83.82 Mbps and an uploading speed of 44.64 Mbps.
You can use NordVPN on all major operating systems like Android, macOS, iOS, Windows, and Linux. You can even use it on streaming devices, such as Chromecast, Firestick, Smart TV, NVidia Shield, and more.
NordVPN is currently available for only NZ$ 6.54/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan), including a risk-free 30-day money-back assurance. If you subscribe through your smartphone, a 7-day NordVPN free trial in New Zealand will also be provided.
Check out our detailed NordVPN review in New Zealand for more details.
- 5400+ fast servers
- Unblocks Viber in all countries
- Top-notch encryption for secure Viber communication
- DNS & IP Leak protection
- 24/7 customer assistance
- Added security features slow down the speed
Step-by-step guide on how to setup a VPN for Viber in New Zealand
If you have not set up a VPN app for Viber before in New Zealand, worry not it is quite an easy task. Follow our step-by-step guide below for an easy Viber setup:
- Sign up for a reliable and trustworthy VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN client app on your device to use Viber.
- Delete any location history stored on your device by clearing cookies and cache.
- Launch the VPN App, log in, and connect to a server located in North America or Europe.
- Open the browser and go to the Viber website or app to use it.
Our Methodology for choosing the Best VPN for Viber in New Zealand
If you are new in the VPN domain but want to get a VPN app to use Viber, you need to consider some of the essential features. Getting your priorities right in order to select the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand is very critical. With such a vast VPN industry, it can be tricky work to select the right VPN according to your needs.
But worry not, we have made this easy for you by testing 160 VPNs and evaluating their necessary features. Here is the methodology you too should use to choose the best VPN for Viber:
- Server choice: A VPN should offer a large server network. The larger the server network the better its performance will be. The strong server connection also depends on the server count of the VPN. The server availability around the world and in countries where Vober is not restricted allows users to use Viber without any hassle.
- Compatibility with Mobile devices: Even though you can use Viber on multiple devices but mostly it is used on Mobile phones. So, to be the best VPN for Viber a VPN should be compatible with different kinds of mobile sets and should offer dedicated apps.
- VPN resources and guides: The best VPN for Viber offers a complete set-up guide and resourcing. To help the users a VPN should offer complete step-by-step configuration guides and 24/7 customer service should be available to offer any help to users if needed.
- Speed & security: To be used with Viber a VPN should offer robust security features to provide personal data privacy to avoid any online scammers and viruses. And VPN streaming speed should be fast with no bandwidth throttling.
- Price: A VPN should be priced reasonably and at such a rate that anyone to everyone can afford it to enjoy its premium services. A VPNs’ primary goal should be to provide quality service at as little cost as possible.
FAQs – Best VPNs for Viber in New Zealand
Can Viber detect VPN in New Zealand?
Yes, Viber can detect a VPN in New Zealand and it can use multiple methods to do so. The first way to detect a VPN is if the user is providing mixed information. One example can be, you are shown to be located in the USA but the phone number you are using does not match your online address.
Another way to detect a VPN is when you are given a new IP address every time you connect with the VPN service.
Can you use a free VPN for Viber in New Zealand?
Yes, even though it is very debatable whether you can use a free VPN for Viber in New Zealand, it is not a recommended way to access Viber. Free VPNs bring many downsides along with them. This is why it is always recommended and suggested that you should use a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
How do I access Viber with a VPN in New Zealand?
To access Viber with a VPN in New Zealand follow these steps:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Viber like ExpessVPN.
- Download the VPN app and set it up on your mobile phone by logging in.
- Connect to the server you want to connect to.
- Open the Viber website or its mobile app, and access it from anywhere in the world.
Online communication has increased, and it’s slowly phasing out traditional telephonic conversations due to the presence of affordable solutions like Viber. However, with online communication comes the risks of data theft, hacking, and government surveillance. Even in some countries, it’s outrightly banned.
Luckily, a premium VPN can make your Viber communication safe, with additional features that can help you unblock Viber anywhere in the world. If you are also looking to make your Viber communication more secure or want to access it in a country where it’s blocked, you can get one of our recommended VPNs for Viber in New Zealand.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Viber in New Zealand as it offers all the industry-leading security features, fast speeds, and a huge network of servers.