Are you travelling outside the US and need to stream all of your favorite TV One shows? TV ONE makes content for Afro-American audiences but only airs in the US. So, you can’t stream it in New Zealand. However, you can enjoy TV ONE with the help of a reliable VPN in New Zealand. Read on to learn more!
TV ONE is a free, 24-hours entertainment channel based in the US. It airs comedy, entertainment, reality shows, and TV serials. It offers shows such as Good Times, Sins of the City, For My Man, Uncensored, and In Living Color. So, we understand if you don’t want to skip watching TV ONE for a single day.
Using a US IP address through the best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand, you can bypass geo-restrictions and watch its shows anywhere you want. We’ve tested over 45 VPNs and only shortlisted 3 VPNs for TV ONE based on their security features, speed, and US server availability. Scroll down to discover the full list!
Why Do You Need a VPN for TV One in New Zealand?
You need a VPN because TV one is a US TV channel that is geo-blocked in New Zealand. So, you can’t access TV ONE if you’re not in the US right now. Internet users who want to enjoy their favorite shows while traveling or vacationing in New Zealand can still keep themselves entertained by using a VPN.
As TV ONE is an exclusive site that works only in the US, you’ll experience an error while trying to access the website from abroad:
“Geographic Restriction: This content is not available in your location.”
The error illustrates that TV ONE can’t be reached from your locations. It means you’re not eligible to access the content on the site.
You can simply get around these geo-restrictions in your region with the help of a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand. It will route your traffic from the United States, swapping your actual IP to the US and allowing you to access all TV One content in New Zealand.
Detailed Analysis – Best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand
After thoroughly analyzing 40+ services to find the best VPN for TV One in New Zealand, we shortlisted the top 3 VPNs that actually work with TV ONE. Have a detailed look at them:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand, fully equipped with all the latest features and top-notch security. It has more than 3000+ servers in 94 countries and 25 server locations in the US.
We’ve conducted multiple tests to review ExpressVPN in New Zealand to ensure its speed, bandwidth, and compatibility. First, we connected to the nearest US server and could easily access TV ONE. We examined the resolution and checked twice whether it buffers or not. ExpressVPN’s New York server offered us buffer-free TV ONE streaming.
You can also access other streaming like ExpressVPN Netflix NZ, HBO Go, Tennis Channel in New Zealand, Disney Plus, Crunchyroll, Youtube TV, etc. We also tried streaming Hulu, Motor trend in New Zealand and Amazon Prime Video outside the US. Also, ExpressVPN is the Best VPN for DR TV NZ and Laff in New Zealand, with lightning-fast speed and ultra-HD streaming quality.
Also, we took the ExpressVPN speed test in New Zealand to find speed compatibility in different regions. With a 100 Mbps connection, ExpressVPN attained a downloading speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps.
ExpressVPN has one of the most promising DNS features called “MediaStreamer.” It outlasts all of its competitors when it comes to streaming. If you connect to the nearest US server, you can easily stream the latest episode of Greed without any buffering.
ExpressVPN allows five simultaneous connections, with support for Linux, Windows, macOS, and iOS. You can also use ExpressVPN on Android TV, Nvidia shield, Chromebook, iOS, and more.
To ensure every aspect of protection, ExpressVPN uses high-quality AES-256-bit encryption technology, which is the leading and strongest encryption technology of the time. Besides this, it has some other highly-advanced security features like an ExpressVPN Kill switch, DNS leak Protections, Split-tunneling, and others.
ExpressVPN is available for NZ$ 10.29/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can try ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial in NZ to try out its feature before investing in its long-term plan.
Learn more in our detailed review of ExpressVPN NZ.
- Sophisticated MediaStreamer
- The outstanding unblocking capability of TV One in New Zealand
- Top-notch encryption
- Lightening-fast speed for buffer-free streaming
- A bit expensive
- Streaming servers are not labeled
2. Surfshark – Budget-freindly VPN for TV ONE
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN for TV ONE that holds all massive servers and top-notch features for a price as low as NZ$ 3.16/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It has around 3200+ servers around the globe, among them 600+ servers in the US.
We did several tests on Surfshark to find out its unblocking efficiency. For that, we connected our device to the Seattle server and tried out TV ONE. Needless to say, we had a wonderful streaming experience, as all of its shows were streaming without any buffering in New Zealand.
Surfshark proves to be the best when it comes to streaming online shows, movies, or dramas. Once you connect with any US server location, you’ll be able to stream TV ONE in New Zealand. Besides, you can access other streaming like Surfshark Netflix in New Zealand, HBO Go, Disney Plus, FuboTV in New Zealand, Youtube TV, Fx TV in New Zealand, and many other exclusive sites. Also, Surfshark is the Best VPN for H&I in New Zealand, best VPN for Cleo TV in New Zealand, and also the TCM in New Zealand with super-fast speed and ultra-HD streaming quality.
Also, we took a Surfshark speed test in New Zealand over a 100 Mbps connection. We got a decent downloading speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps.
Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription. This means you can connect Surfshark with Roku, Windows, Linux, Macbook, iOS, Android Phones, and Nvidia Shield TV.
Surfshark has top-notch encryption technology that ensures your safety while online in New Zealand. It offers AES-256-bit Encryption, Multi-Hop, Clean Web, and a Camouflage mode.
In addition, Surfshark also offers a 7-day free trial in NZ for mobile users (iOS and Android). For those who have questions, Surfshark has 24/7 live chat support. You can get help from them anytime through live chat and email.
Learn more in our review for Surfshark NZ.
- 4K Media Streaming Feature.
- Top-notch Encryption.
- Excellent Speed
- Great Price Plans
- Weak Social Media Presence.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for TV ONE
NordVPN is the largest server Network VPN for TV ONE, with supreme diversity of servers all around the globe offering 5500+ ultra-fast servers in 60 different countries and 1970+ servers in the US. Moreover, NordVPN is an ultimate competitor with top-grade security features and robust encryption.
Regarding servers’ unblocking capability testing, we connected our devices with NordVPN’s Denver server. After confirmation, we tested TV ONE in New Zealand, which worked without any lag. We also ensured that other essential features worked, like the no-log policy and split tunneling.
Besides, once you connect to the US server, you’ll be able to access some other sites with NordVPN Netflix in NZ, Youtube TV, CentroAmerica TV in New Zealand, and others. We also tested its other US-based servers to unblock Discovery Plus outside the US, Pure Flix in New Zealand, Hallmark in New Zealand, and FOX Sports GO in New Zealand, and it did not disappoint.
Also, we conducted a NordVPN speed test in New Zealand, it has a downloading speed of 83.82 Mbps and 44.64 Mbps uploading speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
There are six simultaneous connections available with NordVPN. You can connect almost any device, including your smartphone, Android TV, PC, Linux, or Macbook. You can also use NordVPN with FireStick in NZ, Kodi, routers, and other devices.
Like other competitors, NordVPN has one of the most sophisticated encryption technology to ensure data protection in New Zealand. Moreover, it uses essential security features like a Kill switch, no-log policy, and DNS protection to ensure your security even during unexpected connection failures.
Regarding prices, NordVPN is available for NZ$ 5.38/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Mobile users can also try NordVPN’s free trial in New Zealand for 7 days and test the service before investing in its long-term plan.
Besides all these cool features, NordVPN has very responsive customer support and is available 24/7. Learn more in our detailed review of NordVPN NZ.
- 4K Media streaming with a stable connection
- Top-notch security features
- Largest server network in the US and abroad
- Responsive customer support
- Not good for torrenting
- Tricky apps
Testing Methodology: How we find the Best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand
Here’s a quick testing methodology we performed to find the best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand. Remember, they’re just discussed straightforwardly; in reality, they’re far large and complex. So let’s jump in.
- Speed and stability of service: Speed and stability were important aspects of our observations. We only accept fast and responsive VPN services. No one is going to wait for an hour to load a stream. Instead, people want a more rapid response from VPNs. Therefore we have only selected fast and stable VPNs like ExpressVPN for TV ONE in New Zealand.
- Number of Servers: The number of servers is crucial for outclass performance. VPNs with more servers are at a huge advantage. People from all over the world can easily connect to them and bypass restrictions easily. So we favored VPNs with the most responsive and active servers.
- Strong Encryption: Strong Encryption is a significant part of our research. We tried to find more standardized and robust encryption technologies in VPNs. We usually prefer AES-256-bit encryption, which is military-grade encryption. We only selected VPNs with a strong encryption mechanism.
- Unblocking Capability: Unblocking capabilities are one of the most important and deciding factors for any VPN in New Zealand. To bypass all the restrictions, we will need a strong VPN that can remove any restrictions and make content accessible. Our selected VPN has some of the best unblocking abilities. Furthermore, it’ll help you filter ads and malware on the go.
- Apps for Android and iOS: To facilitate users, a VPN should have its application for Android and iOS, as these devices are very common nowadays. Therefore, we only selected VPNs that have apps for both Android and iOS.
- Ease of Use: No one likes complexity; everyone is looking for ease. Our selected VPNs have a user-friendly interface that helps to connect with any server easily.
VPNs to avoid while accessing TV ONE in New Zealand
Not all VPNs are great and can do the job for you in New Zealand! During our testing, we encountered some VPNs that are unreliable and hazardous to your online security. We thought of giving you heads-up!
Here’re some you should avoid:
- Hola VPN: It is at the top of our avoiding list. It’s the worst VPN that logs all of your activities, shares your info, and has no encryption to secure data leaks. It is completely unsafe for usage. Hola VPN can cause several security risks, so it’s better to remain far away from this service. Learn more in our review of Hola VPN in New Zealand.
- HideMyAss: It is another VPN that can maximize your security risks. It has the worst infrastructure. It has no protection over data leaks, has data limits, logs all your activities, and can’t be used for streaming. So it’s also better not to opt for such a VPN. Learn more in our review of HideMyAss.
- Zenmate: It isn’t free, but the services are very cheap compared to paid VPNs. Zenmate is a little better than the other two, but you should still avoid it. It has a very small server network, logs your activities, and can’t be used for streaming or torrenting. So, that’s why Zenmate falls under the worst VPN category. Learn more in our review of Zenmate.
FAQs – Best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand
How can I get the TV ONE app on my iPhone in New Zealand?
Follow these steps to get the TV ONE app on your iPhone in New Zealand:
- Get a Premium VPN (We’ll recommend ExpressVPN).
- Go to phone settings and change the region of your Apple ID.
- Change it to USA.
- Open ExpressVPN and connect to the US servers (We suggest New York Server).
- Once connected, open App Store and search for TV ONE.
- Download the TV ONE app and start streaming in New Zealand.
Is it legal to use TV ONE in New Zealand with a VPN?
Yes, using a VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand is legal. Except if you live in a country where VPNs are banned or restricted. Legal issues are formed if you violate the VPNs terms or download some copyrighted material.
But in short, VPNs are safe and legal and will not create any difficulties for you if you use them for streaming or other safety purposes.
Can I get TV ONE in New Zealand with a free VPN?
Yes, you can! However, we will never recommend you use a free VPN to get TV ONE in New Zealand.
There are several reasons why you should ditch a free VPN. A free VPN can have many drawbacks, such as selling your data to third parties, throttling your speed, weak encryption, and placing ads on devices. They are never going to give a satisfying quality.
Free VPNs have a few servers, which have a heavy load. Due to this heavy load of users, they cause buffering in streaming. Therefore quit using free VPNs and try trustworthy VPNs, such as ExpressVPN.
TV ONE is a unique streaming site and has tons of great options. You can access any geo-blocked streaming site by getting the best VPN for TV ONE in New Zealand from our top 3 choices.
The selected VPNs are tested over a large number of experiments. So it’ll be better if you prefer our top picks. Also, try to avoid free VPNs in New Zealand; they are unsafe for daily usage. So be smart and avoid such a free service as much as possible. (Especially if you are concerned about your privacy)
That’s all for now; if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section, we’re always here to help.