What is the best VPN for routers in New Zealand in 2023? When it comes to choosing a VPN service for your router, there are several factors to consider. One of the best VPNs is ExpressVPN. It offers excellent router compatibility, allowing you to protect all devices connected to your network. With a vast network of servers, it ensures fast and reliable connections, while also providing top-notch security features such as encryption and no-logs policy.
Using a reliable VPN for your router comes with both pros and cons. One of the main advantages is that it provides security and privacy to all devices connected to your network, including smart home devices and IoT devices that may not have built-in VPN support. It also allows you to bypass geo-restrictions and access region-locked content in New Zealand on all devices.
However, there are a few drawbacks to consider. Setting up a VPN on your router can be more complex than on individual devices, and not all routers are compatible with VPN services. Using a VPN on your router may lead to slower internet speeds, depending on the VPN provider and your internet connection.
If you’re looking to change your IP address in New Zealand and secure your internet connection, We highly recommend ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN offers excellent router compatibility, making it easy to protect all devices connected to your network. Its advanced features, such as split tunneling and a kill switch, further enhance your online security and privacy.
In this article, we have discussed easy steps to get your VPN activated for your router and have recommended the best VPNs for Routers in New Zealand as well. Let’s read.
Why Do You Need a VPN For Your Router in New Zealand?
A VPN for your router in New Zealand provides enhanced security and privacy for all devices connected to your network. A reliable VPN encrypts your internet traffic, making it difficult for anyone to intercept or track your online activities. By installing a VPN, you can extend these benefits to all connected devices. This ensures that all your internet traffic is protected and your sensitive information remains secure.
Another advantage of using a VPN on your router is the ability to bypass geo-restrictions and access content that may be blocked in New Zealand. With a VPN, you can connect to servers in different countries, effectively changing your virtual location. This can be useful for accessing streaming services, websites, or online services that are only available in specific regions.
ExpressVPN is widely regarded as one of the best VPNs for routers in New Zealand. It offers robust security features, including military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and a kill switch that ensures your internet connection is protected even if the VPN connection drops. ExpressVPN also has a large server network spanning across many countries, allowing you to access geo-restricted content in New Zealand.
The Best VPN for Router in New Zealand [2023 In-Depth Analysis]
It can be challenging to find the ideal VPN for routers due to compatibility issues with different router models. However, we have thoroughly tested over 150 VPNs and have curated a list of the top 6 VPNs that seamlessly work with routers. These VPNs are specifically designed to be compatible with a wide range of routers, including popular models like DD-WRT and Tomato, ensuring a hassle-free setup and optimal performance.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Routers with Dedicated Router Hardware
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for routers in New Zealand, owing to its super-friendly router app that is easy to set up. Along with that, the VPN offers fast speeds, excellent unblocking capabilities, and robust security to users. ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 105 countries, using which you can access any streaming service you want.
By utilizing the New York server provided by ExpressVPN, we were able to successfully bypass geo-restrictions on streaming platforms such as Netflix with ExpressVPN, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video in New Zealand, and many others. The Lightway protocol offered by ExpressVPN ensures that we experienced fast and reliable speeds while accessing these geo-blocked services.
According to the results of the ExpressVPN speed test in New Zealand, the maximum download speed recorded was an impressive 92.26 Mbps, while the highest upload speed achieved was 89.45 Mbps. This data showcases the VPN’s capability to deliver fast and reliable connections, ensuring smooth browsing and streaming experiences for users.
ExpressVPN’s generous allowance of up to 5 simultaneous device connections makes it a top choice for multiple devices in New Zealand, providing secure and private internet access across various platforms at the same time.
Unlike most VPNs, ExpressVPN offers its own custom firmware that can be easily installed on all compatible routers. Speaking of compatibility, ExpressVPN is the best VPN router for home use in New Zealand that supports Asus, Netgear, Synology, DD-WRT, Tomato, Sabai, Linksys, and other routers. This means that you can easily control this router VPN from ExpressVPN’s dashboard instead of indulging yourself in the settings of your router. ExpressVPN is also known to be the best VPN for QNAP NAS in New Zealand.
Moreover, ExpressVPN also offers pre-configured routers available through FlashRouter. These routers are pre-loaded with the VPN software and are ready to be used within a few minutes. However, they are a bit heavy on the pocket.
Elevate your online security with ExpressVPN, a top-tier option for “VPN for router with dynamic IP.” Safeguard your connection regardless of IP changes, ensuring seamless and uninterrupted browsing with advanced encryption and a vast server network.
You can manually flash the router if you already have a compatible router (such as DD-WRT or Tomato). It took us around 15 minutes to set up ExpressVPN on our DD-WRT router. You can also set up ExpressVPN on Asus routers in New Zealand.
Using a compatible router to set up device-based split tunneling is a noteworthy benefit, offering the flexibility to choose which devices will have their internet traffic encrypted through the VPN while leaving others unaffected. This feature is particularly advantageous for scenarios where certain devices may require direct access to local networks or services while maintaining enhanced security and privacy for others.
Regarding security, ExpressVPN uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, a Threat Manager, and more for data protection. It also offers IP/DNS leak protection that secures you from all kinds of IP leaks. ExpressVPN has a strong no-logs policy in place which assures no record of any identifiable information.
ExpressVPN is compatible with major operating systems like Windows in New Zealand, Android, iOS, and macOS, it also supports a range of routers and devices including AppleTV and iPhones, also it is the best VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick in New Zealand and many more. It offers a 24/7 live chat feature so you can get help whenever you want , in case you come across any problem.
ExpressVPN offers comprehensive solutions for online security and unrestricted streaming and torrenting experiences. With its advanced features, including router VPN for streaming and router VPN for torrenting, you can enjoy fast and secure connections across all your devices, ensuring seamless access to your favorite content while maintaining your privacy. .
You can also check out our ExpressVPN router guide New Zealand to getting started. The VPN’s subscription cost is NZ$ 10.96/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) - Save up to 49% with exclusive 1-year plans + 3 months free and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. With ExpressVPN’s free trial in New Zealand period, you can evaluate service before subscribing to any plan.
Read our ExpressVPN review New Zealand for details.
- Compatible with various router types
- Offers a dedicated router app and custom firmware
- Pre-configured routers are available as well
- Compatible with all major devices
- Keeps users secure on Wi-Fi
- Doesn’t offer customizable features
2. Surfshark – Best Budget VPN for Router with Great Discounts
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN in New Zealand for routers. Surfshark subscription in New Zealand costs start from just NZ$ 4.09/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) - Save up to 77% with exclusive 2-year plan + 30-day money-back guarantee. Even though there is no dedicated router VPN app, Surfshark is worth getting due to its excellent performance and fantastic discounts.
Surfshark offers excellent value as it allows you to connect unlimited devices with a single account. You can use it on limitless devices even if you don’t want to configure Surfshark on your router. This makes Surfshark a great choice for a large household.
Surfshark offers around 3200+ servers in 100 countries. It also has excellent unblocking abilities and works with various streaming platforms such as Netflix with Surfshark in New Zealand, Disney+, and Hulu. This makes Surfshark the best streaming VPN in New Zealand among multiple in the industry. We recommend using the New York server which is the quickest one.
Surfshark is also consider as the Best VPN for Google Bard in New Zealand due to its extensive server network, Users can access Google Bard even if it is blocked on their institution or workplace network by utilizing a VPN, ensuring uninterrupted usage without any hassle The average Surfshark speed test in New Zealand results were 81.32 Mbps for downloading and 76.12 Mbps for uploading.
Surfshark also offers parental control features and automatic updates for routers as well. Other features include CleanWeb (ad blocker), Split tunneling, MultiHop, Camouflage Mode, and 256-bit encryption for security. By connecting to a server in the United States, we were able to ensure that our VPN connection was secure against DNS and IP leaks. Due to these security features, it is the best VPN for Mega in New Zealand, for secure unlimited downloads.
Surfshark has a firm no-logs policy. Surfshark offers applications for macOS, Android, Windows, Linux and iOS. It’s compatible with a range of routers, Roku, Kodi, Firestick in New Zealand, and many more devices and platforms. Surfshark is considered as the best VPN for Xiaomi in New Zealand because of its compatibility with Xiaomi devices too. There is email and live chat support accessible on Surfshark’s website in case you require assistance. Surfshark is also one of the best VPN for Kindle Fire Tablet in New Zealand.
Surfshark free trial in New Zealand is available for evaluation of service before subscribing to any plan. If you are not satisfied for any reason you can cancel your subscription in New Zealand anytime and can get your refund according to the company’s policy. Check out our comprehensive Surfshark review New Zealand for more information on this VPN service.
- Offers easy configuration on routers
- Compatible with various major router firmware
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Camouflage Mode and DNS/IP leak protection
- 30-day refund policy
- It doesn’t offer a router app
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN That’s Excellent for Routers
NordVPN is the most secure VPN for routers. NordVPN offers great quality features, including obfuscation, DoubleVPN, and private DNS servers. Even though there is no dedicated app for routers, you can configure NordVPN on router in New Zealand. It works with various firmware, such as DD-WRT, Tomato, and more. This means you can configure NordVPN on an Asus router in New Zealand, along with multiple others.
If you don’t want to manually configure the VPN, you can also get a pre-configured router for the easy way out via FlashRouters. Using a pre-configured router, you’ll be entitled to use the Privacy app of FlashRouters. Since NordVPN is a premium partner of the router site, you’ll get extra features, including smart server sorting and automatic server updates.
Performance-wise NordVPN delivers top-notch results with amazing speeds and a large server network. NordVPN offers 6000+ servers in 61 countries, so you can connect to any location you want. Also, NordVPN works with all major streaming sites like Netflix in New Zealand, Hulu, Disney+, and more. We used the New York Server # 6994 for unblocking streaming platforms
NordVPN’s speed test in New Zealand shows a top download speed of 83.82 Mbps and upload speeds of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
NordVPN also offers tons of security features that are available on routers as well. Along with the features mentioned above, it also offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, CyberSec (ad blocker), and Onion Over VPN. However, its kill switch feature is not available on routers.
No activity records are kept by NordVPN because of the stringent no-logs policy. NordVPN has native applications for Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, and Linux, among others. This includes media players like Roku, Playstations, Fire TV Stick, Chromecast in New Zealand, and many more.
The subscription cost for NordVPN is NZ$ 6.55/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) - Save up to 63% with exclusive 2-year plan + 3 months free for a friend with a monetary return guarantee of 30 days. It provides a free trial of NordVPN in New Zealand for both iOS and Android. Technical help is available via live chat at any time.
Read our NordVPN review New Zealand for more details.
- Allows manual configuration on routers
- Offers pre-configured routers
- Thousands of servers
- Fast speeds
- Multiple security features
- Customer chat support can be improved
4. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN Functionality with Easy Setup Guides
CyberGhost is the most user-friendly VPN for routers with easy-to-use apps, perfect for beginners. Although there is no dedicated router app, CyberGhost supports various firmware, including DD-WRT and Tomato.
You can also get a pre-configured router from FlashRouters, which is expensive, considering you can manually configure CyberGhost on your DD-WRT router or whichever you own. Configuring CyberGhost on routers is very easy, and well-written step-by-step guides areas available on its official website. You can even set up OpenVPN on your router and secure multiple devices over the internet.
CyberGhost is a reliable VPN offering 11651+ servers in 100 countries. All these servers are perfectly capable of bypassing geo-restrictions and censorship. You can use CyberGhost for streaming on your Smart TVs and other devices, as it works with Netflix in New Zealand, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, and more. We unblocked streaming platforms using the New York server.
According to our CyberGhost’s speed test in New Zealand, the top download speed is 75.47 Mbps, while our top upload speed is 69.34 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
CyberGhost’s app may be used by people from all around the world because it supports 16 languages. CyberGhost has a strict no-logging policy, prevents DNS/IP leaks, has a kill switch, uses 256-bit AES encryption, and has a built-in ad filter called CyberSec that filters all dangerous advertising and websites.
CyberGhost is compatible with a wide variety of platforms and devices, including Windows, Android, Linux, macOS, Roku, Smart TVs, Kodi in New Zealand and even certain different kinds of routers.
CyberGhost’s subscription cost is NZ$ 3.33/mo (US$ 2.03/mo) - Save up to 84% with exclusive 2-year plans + 4 months free along with a 45-day money-back guarantee. CyberGhost’s free trial in New Zealand is also offered for iOS users to try it out for 7 days and live chat help is available around the clock if you have any questions. In case your “CyberGhost not working in New Zealand” you can always connect to the technical team to get your problem resolved.
- Allows manual configuration on routers
- Offers pre-configured routers
- Unblocks various streaming platforms
- Massive server network
- No router app
- Speeds can be slow on some servers
5. IPVanish – Reliable VPN with a Dedicated Router App
IPVanish is a reliable VPN for routers with dedicated available apps. Manual configuration of the VPN is also possible with routers that are compatible. IPVanish and FlashRouters are your best VPN routers. IPVanish comes installed and configured on these routers before they are sold.
Some routers out there also let IPVanish VPN settings be entered manually. However, you should know that these settings are complex and, if configured improperly, can permanently brick your router. As a result, novices should leave router VPN configuration to the pros.
They have a huge service list consisting of 2200 servers in countries. IPVanish protects users against hackers, ISP monitoring, and snooping outsiders on public WIFI networks. IPVanish is an excellent tool for evading web-based restrictions. Using the New York server we unblocked Disney+, Hulu, Netflix with IPVanish in New Zealand, and many more may all be accessed with the greatest unblocking capabilities.
During the IPVanish speed test in New Zealand, you may anticipate download speeds of up to 70.05 Mbps and upload rates of up to 32.15 Mbps, for a total connection speed of up to 100 Mbps.
IPVanish protects against DNS leaks and employs 256-bit AES encryption. In the case that your Vpn service unexpectedly drops, a kill switch will keep your data safe. Finally, IPVanish’s zero-logs policy ensures that your online activities remain confidential.
All major platforms, including Linux, Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS, are supported by this VPN service. IPVanish also supports a lot of devices including Kodi, Roku, Firestick in New Zealand and many more.
When using the IPVanish free trial in New Zealand, you can evaluate the service taking no risk. If you cancel your membership in New Zealand during the first 30 days, we’ll give you a complete refund.IPVanish supports technical assistance 24/7 using live chat.
IPVanish is the best VPN for torrenting in New Zealand. Our IPVanish review New Zealand has further information about the service. Want to read the comparison of ExpressVPN Vs IPVanish in New Zealand?
- Contains around 2000+ servers located across 75 countries.
- Preconfigured routers are supported.
- Stringent no logs policy.
- Dedicated apps for routers and other devices
- Support up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- Allows for Unlimited Bandwidth
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin payments
6. Private Internet Access – Protecting Your Online Privacy for Routers
PIA offers an extensive network of servers dedicated to protecting your online privacy for routers. With a server list containing thousands of servers strategically located worldwide, PIA ensures fast and reliable connections wherever you are. Their vast server numbers provide you with a wide range of options to choose from, enabling you to bypass geo-restrictions, access content from different regions, and enjoy a seamless browsing experience.
PIA for routers ensures robust online privacy while granting seamless access to popular streaming platforms like Netflix in New Zealand, Disney+, Hulu, and others. Enjoy unrestricted streaming and bypass geo-restrictions with the extensive server network spanning multiple countries. We connected to their “New York” server to unblock different streaming platforms to check out its unblocking capabilities.
With remarkable speed, we effortlessly downloaded large files within minutes, all thanks to the impressive performance of PIA. Conducting a PIA speed test in New Zealand revealed an exceptional download speed of 55.59 Mbps and an impressive upload speed of 90.09 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection. These impressive speeds facilitated the swift and efficient completion of our downloads, ensuring a seamless experience.
With a strong commitment to customer privacy, Private Internet Access places utmost importance on protecting user data, has a rigorous no-logs policy, and delivers essential safeguards like IP leak protection, advanced split tunneling, and kill switches. It goes beyond just security by offering MACE, an ad blocker that efficiently eradicates viruses, trackers, and intrusive ads, resulting in an enhanced browsing experience.
With its wide range of platforms and operating system support, Private Internet Access (PIA) makes accessing streaming platforms a breeze, ensuring compatibility across various devices including Chromecast, Kodi, Firestick, and a range of routers in New Zealand. Whether you’re using an Android, iOS, Firestick, Mac, or any other device, PIA ensures a smooth experience for enjoying content online.
With its highly competitive price of only US$2.03 per month, PIA delivers outstanding value for money. The service stands behind its commitment to customer satisfaction, providing a 30-day money-back policy. For mobile users, PIA goes above and beyond by offering a free trial in New Zealand along with a money-back guarantee, ensuring a risk-free experience.
PIA is considered to be one of the best VPNs that supports torrenting. Our PIA review New Zealand has further information about the service. You can also go through the comparison of ExpressVPN Vs PIA in New Zealand to get more in-depth information.
- Strong security with robust encryption protocols for routers.
- Wide server network for accessing geo-restricted content.
- Strict no-logs policy for enhanced privacy protection.
- Competitive pricing, delivering value for money.
- Speed variability depends on server location and network conditions.
Testing Methodology: How to Choose the Best VPN Routers in New Zealand
When choosing the best VPN router in New Zealand, it is important to consider various factors such as the strength of encryption and security protocols offered by the VPN provider. You should also check for compatibility with your router’s hardware and operating system, as well as the number of simultaneous connections allowed. Other important factors to consider include.
Here are all the factors to look into the best router VPNs :
- Ease of Setup: A VPN with clear and easy instructions for setup is preferred, as setting up a VPN on a router can be challenging without a graphical VPN app.
- Dedicated VPN Router App: A dedicated VPN router app or applet can provide comfortable control over remote VPN settings and is preferred over VPNs without such an app.
- Available Tunneling Protocols: The VPN should offer tunneling protocols compatible with your router, such as WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2, etc.
- Speed: A reputable VPN should have minimal impact on your connection speed. The VPN’s performance in terms of connection speed should be considered before choosing a provider.
- Bypassing Geographical Restrictions: A VPN connection to a router is useful for streaming and gaming, and the VPN provider should be effective at unblocking geo-restricted content.
- Customer Support: Setting up a VPN on a router can come with additional challenges, so it’s important to choose a VPN with multiple customer support options, including 24/7 support if possible.
- Price: Online security is important, but financial safety should also be considered. A VPN that offers the best quality and price ratio is preferred.
Benefits of Using a VPN Router
Using a VPN router can offer multiple benefits, including the protection of all internet-connected devices in your home, allowing for the simultaneous protection of multiple devices, and serving as a backup for added security. With a VPN router, you can also access geo-restricted content in New Zealand by spoofing your location.
Here are a few advantages of using a VPN router:
- Comprehensive Protection: A VPN router protects all internet-connected devices in your home, including those without native VPN support such as smart TV, game console, and IoT devices.
- Multiple Device Coverage: By using a VPN router, you only use up one connection, leaving other simultaneous connections available for other devices.
- Enhanced Security: The ability to configure two VPNs at the same time, one at the device level and another at the router level, provides an extra layer of protection in case one fails.
- Unrestricted Access: A VPN router allows you to unblock geo-restricted content by spoofing your location, giving you access to streaming services, sports networks, and more.
The Downsides of a Router VPN
Using a VPN with a router can make you come across the following issues:
- Potential Decrease in Internet Speed: When using a VPN on a router, there is a possibility of experiencing a decrease in Internet speed due to the encryption and routing processes involved. This can be more noticeable on slower or overloaded routers.
- Compatibility Issues: Some routers may not be compatible with certain VPN protocols or may require manual configuration, which can be challenging for users who are not familiar with technical settings. Compatibility issues can limit the availability of VPN options for routers.
- Technical Complexity: Setting up a VPN on a router can be more complex compared to installing it on individual devices. It may involve configuring router settings, installing custom firmware, or troubleshooting network issues. This can be time-consuming and may require some technical expertise.
- Network-wide Impact: Enabling a VPN on a router affects the entire network, meaning all devices connected to the router will be routed through the VPN. While this provides consistent protection and privacy, it can also limit access to certain local resources or services that rely on local network connectivity.
How to Install VPN on Router in New Zealand
Looking for how to set up VPN on router in New Zealand? Steps can vary depending on the specific router model, but here are the general steps:
Best Routers that Support VPNs
There are several routers available in the market that support VPN functionality. Here are some top options known for their VPN compatibility and performance:
- Asus RT-AC5300: This high-end router offers excellent VPN support, including built-in support for OpenVPN and PPTP protocols. It has powerful hardware, multiple antennas, and advanced features, making it a popular choice among VPN users.
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000: The Nighthawk series routers from Netgear are known for their strong performance and VPN compatibility. The R7000 model supports OpenVPN and offers a user-friendly interface for easy VPN setup.
- Linksys WRT3200ACM: This router is well-regarded for its open-source firmware support, allowing users to install custom firmware like DD-WRT or OpenWrt. It provides a robust VPN setup, supports multiple VPN protocols, and has high-speed capabilities.
- Synology RT2600ac: Synology is primarily known for its network-attached storage devices, but its RT2600ac router also stands out for its VPN capabilities. It offers an intuitive user interface, supports multiple VPN protocols, and has advanced features for network management.
- Privacy Hero WiFi 6 VPN router: This router comes pre-installed with the NordLynx tunneling protocol from NordVPN, providing fast connections and enhanced privacy.
- Roqos Core VPN Hub: This router offers both speed and security, making it an excellent choice for VPN users.
- InvizBox 2 VPN router: This user-friendly router is perfectly compatible with ExpressVPN, providing a robust and easy-to-use VPN solution.
- Vilfo: This router is compatible with most VPNs and offers the added advantage of split tunneling, allowing you to route specific traffic through the VPN while keeping other traffic unrestricted.
- Linksys WRT3200ACM: This reliable VPN router comes with IPVanish ready to use, providing a seamless VPN experience with strong performance and stability.
It’s important to note that router models and their VPN compatibility may vary. It’s recommended to check the specific router’s specifications and user reviews to ensure it meets your VPN requirements before making a purchase.
Can I Use a Free VPN in New Zealand with My Home Router?
Using a free VPN in New Zealand with a home router can be difficult. Most free VPN services are not compatible with routers and lack the necessary support. Setting up a free VPN on a router may result in slow and unreliable connections. It is advisable to opt for a paid VPN service like ExpressVPN for better performance and security.
Free VPNs often pose a threat to security and privacy. They may contain malware or leak sensitive information. Free VPNs may also display unwanted ads or track user data for third-party sales. It is recommended to choose a paid VPN service for better protection.
A paid VPN service is a better option for a VPN router for home. It offers reliable performance, better security, and higher privacy protection. Paid VPNs are designed to work with routers and provide adequate support. Opting for a paid VPN is simpler and worth the investment for better online security. If you are still not convinced, and want to opt for a free VPN with premium perks, then you can do this by setting up ExpressVPN on your router, because it comes with an added advantage: you can safeguard your network by using its 30-day free trial. This makes it a dependable option as a free VPN for routers in New Zealand, ensuring your online privacy and data are shielded every time you connect.
FAQs – Best VPN Routers in New Zealand
Is it worth putting a VPN on the router in New Zealand?
Yes, it is worth putting a VPN on the router in New Zealand. By using a VPN on the router, all devices connected to the internet through the router are automatically protected by the VPN, providing a higher level of security and privacy.
Using a VPN on the router can also help bypass internet censorship, unblock geo-restricted content, and improve online privacy and security for all devices connected to the network.
Can I put a VPN on my router in New Zealand?
Yes, it is possible to install a VPN on your router in New Zealand. Doing so will provide protection for all devices that access the internet through the router. This is commonly referred to as a “VPN on a router” or “VPN router.” While setting up a VPN on a router can be more complex than on a single device, it offers enhanced security and privacy for all connected devices.
Is a router VPN in New Zealand a good idea?
Yes, it is a good idea to install a VPN on a router in New Zealand that can have benefits for internet security and privacy. All devices connected to the internet through the router will be protected, simplifying the process of securing multiple devices. A router VPN can also allow access to censored websites and geo-restricted content.
Is VPN on the router faster?
VPN speed on a router varies and depends on multiple factors. However, a router VPN can generally be faster than a single-device VPN due to its ability to process data for multiple devices at once. Internet speed and VPN encryption also impact VPN speed.
How do I know if a router in New Zealand has VPN?
To determine if a router in New Zealand has VPN capabilities, check for an OpenVPN client in the router’s settings. Look for specifications or consult the manual if unsure. Many router brands such as ASUS, D-Link, Netgear, and TP-Link support OpenVPN.
The 6 best VPN for routers in New Zealand aforementioned offer a variety of features and an easy setup process for users. Rest assured as these VPNs are secure to use as they all follow a strict no-logs policy to ensure their users’ online security and privacy.
Setting up a VPN on your router might be tricky for some users, but there are detailed setup guides that you can follow to make the process seamless.
Our top recommendation as the best VPN router is ExpressVPN. That’s because it offers a dedicated router app, as well as pre-flashed routers available on FlashRouters.com. There are also detailed setup guides on its website and 24/7 live chat support.
ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can give it a try risk-free and decide for yourself.