The wait is almost over for cricket lovers! The cricketing extravaganza, Indian Premier League (IPL) is all set to get the ball rolling with its 16th edition on March 31, 2023. It’s one of the most-watched domestic cricket leagues in the world, however, its Live streaming options are limited and mostly geo-restricted, especially if you are traveling outside India.
If you are in New Zealand and looking to access Voot, Disney+ Hotstar or JioCinema, you’ll get a geo-restriction error stating that the content is unavailable due to content licensing reasons. That’s where you’ll need the best VPN for IPL in New Zealand 2023 to catch all the blockbuster and exciting cricket matches.
If you are wondering where to watch IPL 2023 in New Zealand other than the above-mentioned channels, there are a few options like ESPN+ and Willow TV, but they are too expensive. Voot,Disney+ Hotstar and JioCinema are the cheapest options, but to access them in New Zealand, you will need an Indian IP address in New Zealand that you can get with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Quick Overview – The Best VPN for IPL in New Zealand 2023
Choosing an ideal IPL VPN is critical because not all VPN providers can unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms in New Zealand. Moreover, live sporting events like IPL require unlimited bandwidth and fast speed, and only premium VPN services offer that. We have shortlisted the 3 best VPNs for IPL in New Zealand in 2023. Here’s a quick overview of our top picks:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for IPL in New Zealand. Offers 3000+ servers globally, including 2 virtual Indian server locations. Provides unlimited bandwidth, lightning-quick speed, steady connections, and modern security features.
- Surfshark: The most budget-friendly VPN for IPL. Hosts a huge network of 3200+ servers worldwide, including 50 virtual servers in India. Known for its cost-effectiveness and extremely affordable subscription plans.
- PureVPN: The user-friendly VPN for IPL. Offers 6500+ servers worldwide, including 1 server location in India. Offers easy installation, one-click connectivity, and fast speed for streaming.
Learn more about our Testing Methodology and also check our FAQs for further queries.
Why should you use a VPN to watch IPL in New Zealand?
You need a VPN to watch IPL because most of its streams are geo-restricted. Streaming IPL 2023 in New Zealand can be tricky. Just like other sporting events, live coverage of IPL is also geo-restricted, subject to copyrights and limited broadcasting rights. The best way to watch IPL in New Zealand is through its Indian broadcasting channels like Disney+ hotstar, Voot or JioCinema.
The IPL 2023 Playoffs matches will include four teams from each group. These teams must have finished in the top four of their respective point tables to qualify for the next round. IPL 2023 Qualifier-1 is scheduled to take place on May 23, IPL 2023 Eliminator is expected to take place on May 24th, and IPL 2023 Qualifier-2 is scheduled on May 26. Also, the IPL 2023 closing ceremony and the IPL 2023 Final match is to be held on 28th May 2023.
However, if you are located in New Zealand, accessing Live streaming of IPL can become a hard nut to crack. Luckily, using a reliable VPN with Indian servers can end your woes.
When you try to watch access Voot in New Zealand, the following error message pops up:
“We’re only available in India.”
A premium VPN like ExpressVPN will conceal your current location and modify your local IP address. By connecting to a VPN server in India, you can easily dodge any online streaming service into thinking that your current location is in India. Hence, you will get hassle-free access to online IPL streaming in New Zealand.
A VPN also helps you avoid ISP bandwidth throttling in New Zealand, letting you enjoy uninterrupted streaming in HD quality with fast speed.
The Best VPN for IPL in New Zealand – Detailed Analysis
Finding the best VPN for online streaming while keeping the security aspect in close consideration can take hours of research. Hence, to make it easier for our readers, we rigorously tested 50+ VPN apps and shortlisted the 3 best VPN providers with Indian servers for IPL streaming in New Zealand.
Let’s go through a detailed analysis of our recommended VPNs:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for IPL in New Zealand
- Over 3000 servers in 94+ countries, including 2 virtual server locations for India (via the UK and Singapore)
- Features: MediaStreamer, Server Obfuscation, and Split-tunneling
- Simultaneous connections: 5 devices
- Unblock popular channels that broadcast IPL like JioCinema, Voot, SonyLiv, and Hotstar in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is our top pick since it is the best VPN for IPL in New Zealand. This VPN offers lightning-fast connection speeds with all the advanced functionality you need to unblock geo-restricted streaming services. It offers a massive network with 3000+ servers in more than 94 countries, including 2 virtual Indian servers located in the UK and Singapore.
By connecting to these servers you can easily watch Indian Premier League in New Zealand and IPL opening ceremony 2023 on Hotstar in New Zealand, and stream other HD videos without buffering. Here you can see how we’ve unblocked Voot using ExpressVPN’s India via Singapore servers:
This VPN will assist you in circumventing geo-restrictions on a variety of streaming services so that you can stream Voot in New Zealand, and is considered the best VPN for SonyLiv in New Zealand and other streaming services.
This VPN is known for its lightning-fast speeds and it proved to be right on the ExpressVPN speed test in New Zealand. On a 100 Mbps connection, it offered an outstanding download speed of 89.64 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps.
ExpressVPN offers client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS. Its MediaStreamer program can unblock any geo-blocked content on those streaming devices that are VPN-incompatible, including Chromecast, ExpressVPN Fire Stick in New Zealand, Samsung Smart TV, Router in New Zealand, Roku, Apple TV, and iPhone.
Among other essential privacy and security features, it has a Kill Switch, AES-256-Bit Encryption, DNS Leak Prevention, and a Zero-Log Policy.
Even though the ExpressVPN cost in New Zealand is a bit expensive, you won’t be disappointed because it will give you high-quality service to make up for it. You can get its 12-month subscription plan for NZ$ 10.95/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). With a 30-day money-back guarantee, a 7-day ExpressVPN free trial in New Zealand is also offered to mobile phone subscribers. Customer support through Live Chat is also accessible 24/7.
If you’re interested in learning more about this VPN, read our in-depth ExpressVPN review in New Zealand.
- 2 virtual server locations in India to stream IPL in New Zealand
- Connections are quick and reliable for live streaming
- AES 256-bit Encryption and strict no-logging policy
- Customer service is open 24/7
- More expensive than competitors
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for IPL
- More than 3200 servers in 100 countries, including 3 virtual servers in India
- Camouflage Mode, No Border Mode, and Kill Switch
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited devices
- Unblocks streaming channels like SonyLiv, Voot, Hotstar, and Star Sports in New Zealand
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN for IPL in New Zealand. Right now it costs only NZ$ 3.78/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.Surfshark has a massive network of more than 3200 servers distributed across 100 countries, including 50 servers in India. It prevents server crowding and always offers fast speeds to stream privately on streaming channels like Star Sports and JioCinema in New Zealand.
Here you can see how we’ve unblocked Voot using Surfshark’s India (Virtual) servers:
Because of its enhanced anonymity, this VPN provides quick access to geo-blocked platforms, making it the best VPN for Yupp TV in New Zealand and also the best VPN for Jadoo TV in New Zealand.
Surfshark is one of the finest VPNs for watching sports because it features fast, dependable connections with unlimited bandwidth. In the Surfshark speed test in New Zealand, it achieved a blistering download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
The unlimited simultaneous connections policy provided by Surfshark with a single subscription is remarkable. It is simple to use and works with Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, and ExpressVPN Android in New Zealand. Major streaming devices are also compatible with it, including Samsung Smart TV, ExpressVPN Roku in New Zealand, Router, Apple TV, Fire Stick, Chromecast, and Game Consoles.
SurfShark’s standout features include a No-logs policy, a Kill Switch, No Border Mode, Camouflage Mode, and AES 256-bit encryption.
SurfShark is an excellent choice if you want a high-quality VPN at a fair price. You can cancel the Surfshark subscription in New Zealand at any time and receive a full refund during the first month. Surfshark offers a 7-day free trial in New Zealand to its mobile users. If you experience technical concerns, Surfshark’s 24/7 client service for customers is available to assist you.
Check out our detailed Surfshark review in New Zealand for updated information.
- Unlimited connections simultaneously
- Fast speed for streaming live IPL matches in New Zealand
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No-logs policy is in place
- Sloppy customer support at times
3. PureVPN – Reliable VPN for IPL
- 6500+ servers across 70+ countries, including 1 server location in India
- Blazing-fast speeds of 81 Mbps
- Simultaneous connections: 10 devices
- Unblocks sports channels like Voot, Hotstar, SonyLiv, JioCinema, Star Sports in New Zealand
PureVPN is the most reliable VPN for IPL in New Zealand. It offers 6500+ lightning-quick servers in 70+ countries, including 1 dedicated server location in India. By connecting to its Indian server, you can easily access JioCinema and Hotstar in New Zealand.
This VPN is smart enough to help you access geo-blocked content in New Zealand. You can watch Netflix with PureVPN in New Zealand as well as other streaming platforms like Disney Plus, HBO Max, and Hulu. It can also unblock Indian channels like SonyLiv, Voot, Star Sports, and Hotstar in New Zealand.
Here you can see how we’ve unblocked Voot using PureVPN’s Mumbai, India servers:
When we ran the PureVPN speed test in New Zealand, it scored an amazing downloading speed of 81 Mbps and an uploading speed of 63.25 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection.
Compatible apps for macOS, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android are also available. If you want to use PureVPN on VPN-incompatible streaming devices such as Roku, Apple TV, Gaming Consoles, and Firestick, the best way is to configure it on a Wi-Fi router.
PureVPN is one of the budget picks available in the market. You can get its 3-year plan for $2.29 per month. Its customers can also take advantage of a 31-day money-back policy, and cancel the PureVPN subscription in New Zealand if not suited. A 1-week PureVPN free trial in New Zealand is also available to new mobile customers.
In case you face the PureVPN not working in New Zealand error, customer assistance is accessible 24/7 to help you with any technical issues.
For more information, see our in-depth PureVPN review.
- DNS leak protection
- AES 26-bit encryption
- 31-day refund pledge
- Support torrenting
- One server location in India to stream IPL in New Zealand
- Slow Linux apps
- Connection problems
Best VPN for IPL in New Zealand – Our Testing methodology
To find the best VPN to watch IPL in New Zealand, you will need to do a lot of research on VPNs available in the market and evaluate their features. But with such a saturated market it is very hard to do so but still to provide you with the best option we have tested 160 VPNs.
See our testing methodology below and the features we assessed of multiple VPNs in order to recommend the top IPL VPN providers for you:
- Servers in India: The number one and most important feature that a VPN should offer to be an IPL VPN is the server’s availability in India. A VPN should provide a large server network around the world and at least 1 server in India because having a server located in a specific country means you can access the content from that country.
- Unblocking Ability: The selected VPN to watch IPL in New Zealand 2023 needs to have advanced unblocking abilities and should be handy in unblocking multiple streaming platforms and channels. The VPN services we recommended in this guide are efficient and have robust unblocking tools.
- Speed: a VPNs’ server speed is another crucial feature that needs to be advanced if you want to use a VPN for online streaming, especially sports. You do not want to miss a catch or an out due to buffering and slow stuck streaming performance. Hence fast server connection is very necessary.
- Security features: Robust and advanced security encryption methods for the users is another essential feature that a VPN is used for. Security and privacy features like AES 256-bit encryption, Split-tunneling, a no-logs policy, and a kill switch must be offered in a VPN to keep the users’ privacy intact.
- Customer Support: For beginners or any general VPN user, customer service should be available all the time so that if faced with any error or problem that can be resolved instantly by experts and without any waiting.
How can I watch IPL through VPN in New Zealand?
If you want to watch IPL in New Zealand 2023 you will need a strong VPN connection. Here are the steps you need to follow and use the best VPN for IPL streaming:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy best VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on the streaming device of your choice.
- Connect to an Indian server from the server list.
- Open your browser and go to Hotstar or the JioCinema website and search for IPL.
- Once the results show up, start streaming IPL in New Zealand in 2023.
Can I use a free VPN to watch IPL in New Zealand
Yes, you can use a free VPN for IPL but it is not a recommended way to watch IPL in New Zealand. First of all, it will be quite hard to find a free VPN that has servers in India and can also bypass the geo-restrictions to access the streaming channel of IPL.
On the other hand, if you do find a free VPN that offers Indian servers, these servers will be so congested and crowded with users that they will hardly work and provide any good streaming speed.
When you are accessing a streaming service or channel you are breaking the rules and regulations of the streaming service that you are using, hence, a robust security system is very essential. Keeping the privacy of the user and the data security is a must that most VPNs do not care for instead most VPNs are known to infect your devices with malicious viruses.
So, using a free VPN to watch IPL in New Zealand is not recommended and you should use a premium and reliable VPN. We always recommended ExpressVPN as it is a high-end VPN service that provides satisfactory service to its users with robust features.
FAQs – Best VPN for IPL in New Zealand
Can I watch IPL by using VPN in New Zealand?
Yes, you can watch IPL in New Zealand by using a VPN as using a VPN is the best way to bypass the geo-restrictions and access content from overseas. No matter where you live, you can use a VPN to watch IPL. We suggest that you get ExpressVPN as it is a high-speed premium VPN.
Which VPN is the best IPL live-streaming VPN in New Zealand?
ExpressVPN is the best IPL live streaming VPN service in New Zealand as it provides 2 virtual servers of India that you can connect with from anywhere in the world. Moreover, ExpressVPNs’ features like security, no-log policy, fast server speed, and device compatibility make it the best VPN for IPL in New Zealand.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch IPL Cricket in New Zealand?
Yes, it is legal to watch IPL Cricket using a VPN service in New Zealand. However, keep in mind that you may face VPN blockers by the streaming service or the channel you are trying to access as it is against their policy to allow their content out of their assigned region. Using ExpressVPN is the best choice.
Why can’t I access the IPL stream even with my VPN in New Zealand?
If you are unable to access the IPL stream even with the VPN in New Zealand, it may be because the server you are using is blocked by the streaming service, so you need to change your server. If the VPN still does not work check if there are any IP leaks and secure those and clear your cache and browser history.
Try some other troubleshooting methods like disconnecting and reconnecting your VPN, or changing your browser and your VPN will start working. If any of the methods do not work upgrade your VPN and get an ExpressVPN subscription which is the most recommended VPN.
The countdown has started. The mega cricketing tournament of India, the Indian Premier League is almost upon us. The excitement of cricket lovers is brewing as they are expecting some blockbuster and high-intensity cricket clashes. Another thing that has got fans excited is the home-away format returning after a hiatus of 3 years.
Voot and JioCinema will be broadcasting all matches of IPL Live. However, if you are in New Zealand and looking to watch IPL 2023 online, you’ll need a premium VPN to bypass the geo-restrictions of the streaming platforms.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for IPL in New Zealand 2023 due to its latest encryption protocols, lightning-quick speeds, fast Indian servers, and ease of use.