The alarming increase in privacy breaches and cyberattacks is a major concern for digital freaks. In this age of digitalization, you are unsafe on almost every other platform.
The practical and reliable solution is to use a Virtual Private Network for all online activities that hide your IP so you can browse anonymously. We highly recommend using Surfshark on Mac in Netherlands, which is one of the best VPNs for macOS in Netherlands. But if you are low on budget then you can always try to go with our recommended best free VPN for mac in Netherlands as well.
Surfshark is one of the few premium VPNs that provides an encrypted tunnel for communication and is not easily attackable by changing your real IP address or adding an extra server to the connection processes. Moreover, it offers fast speeds, excellent unblocking capabilities, and multiple advanced security features so you can be sure while using your Mac device. Also, you are identified online by your IP address; it represents your location and other network information, but many don’t know how to find your IP address on a Mac in Netherlands.
While you can learn more about the VPN in our Surfshark review in Netherlands, let’s go through the process of installing and setting up Surfshark on macOS. So, without any further delays, let’s get started.
How to Set Up Surfshark on Mac in Netherlands– 6 Easy Steps
Surfshark protects your data and traffic on your Mac and lets you bypass censorship to stream your favorite content smoothly. However, please note that you will need an active Surfshark subscription and macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or above to get Surfshark on Mac (Click here to get Surfshark).
Follow the 6 simple steps given ahead to set up Surfshark on Mac in Netherlands:
1. Install the Surfshark app on macOS in Netherlands
2. Press the “Get” button.
3. The Surfshark app will get installed automatically. After the installation completes, click “Open.”
2. Sign into the Surfshark app
1. Once you open the app, you’ll require logging in. If you’re already subscribed to the VPN, click ‘Log in.’ If not, then click here to create an account first.
2. Enter the email ID and password you used while subscribing to the VPN. Once you’re done, click Log In.
3. Connect to the Surfshark app
After you launch the app, you get the Surfshark app homepage. You have an option to instantly connect to the VPN along with the list of available locations and their connectivity status.
1. Click “Connect”, and you will be connected to the fastest available server.
2. To connect the first time, Surfshark will require adding VPN configurations on your device to establish and maintain a VPN connection. For this, a pop-up image will appear. You will have to add your Mac user password (the one you use for unlocking your Mac) and select “Always Allow”.
3. After a successful connection, you will notice the “Connected” status. You can disconnect the connection by clicking the “Disconnect” button.
4. Press the arrow on the connectivity status bar to open a hidden menu with VPN connection details. Your new IP address and the kill switch option will be visible there.
5. Change the default quick connect server from the “Fastest” to the “Nearest” one by pressing the button shown in the image below.
6. You can select either the fastest server or the nearest country.
4. Choose a server location from your Mac app in Netherlands
You can connect to almost any server location of your choice with over 3200 servers of Surfshark in 100 countries.
1. The Surfshark locations can be found on the left panel of the app. To find the desired location, use the search bar or scroll down the list of options. The app will connect to the selected location if you press the flag icon.
2. You can press the star button on the right to let Surfshark save your favorite regions. This server will display in your Favorite servers list.
3. The bubble icon with the star displays how occupied servers are at a particular location, displaying how many individuals use servers in a specific location. In the picture below, the half-filled bubble next to the Azerbaijan server indicates it to be under heavy load. Surfshark is the best VPN to get an Azerbaijan IP address due to its affordable pricing, fast speed, and top-notch features. Whereas the unfilled bubble next to the Bahamas shows light consumption.
4. You also get Static IP and MultiHop options in your Surfshark app. The functionalities of the two options are explained:
- Static IP: Surfshark assigns you the same IP address on each connection
- MultiHop: With this option, you can connect to two different servers in different countries
5. Manage Surfshark features and settings
The Surfshark app is completely customizable, and you can set it according to your choice. You can find the required settings on the “Settings” of the Surfshark app.
1. Here, you get the following options:
- Open at Login: With this option, you can set the Surfshark app to start immediately after you log into your Mac.
- Show Dock Icon: Choose this option if you want the show dock icon to appear after launching the app.
- Auto Connect: Decide the location to which the app must connect automatically.
- On-quit: Select the whether your app must keep the VPN connection or disconnect on quitting.
2. Surfshark app has the following three features:
- Alert: Users receive real-time alerts when their passwords or emails are at risk of being hacked.
- Search: Web browser that lets users search privately without any ads, trackers, or logs.
- CleanWeb: Search tool that blocks ads and trackers to show organic results.
3. From the Account tab in Settings, you can change your password, subscribe to the newsletter, or extend the subscription plan.
4. If you tap Settings again, you can find the Protocol tab to choose your desired protocol.
6. Check if your connection was successful
After you are done with the configurations and set up your VPN, we recommend you verify if your connection is successful. You can easily check the connection by performing a DNS leak test or IP leak test. Moreover, the connection status also shows the VPN connectivity.
Why Should you Use Surfshark on macOS in Netherlands?
Surfshark is one of the best premium VPNs that is compatible with macOS and iOS (i.e., compatible with iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone X & others). It enables a secure and reliable flow of data and traffic with its advanced security features and privacy standards. Surfshark is also the best VPN for Safari in Netherlands.
You should use Surfshark on macOS in Netherlands for the following reasons:
FAQs – Surfshark on Mac in Netherlands
How do I enable Surfshark on my Mac in Netherlands?
Enabling Surfshark on your macOS in Netherlands is easy. All you need to do is subscribe to Surfshark, install its app on macOS, connect to your preferred server, and enjoy a secure connection on your Mac.
Does Surfshark work on Mac in Netherlands?
Yes, Surfshark works on all Mac devices running macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or above in Netherlands. You only need an active Surfshark subscription and the Surfshark app on your Mac. This application will keep your data secure, let you circumvent censorship, and enjoy streaming all content.
Why is Surfshark not working on Mac in Netherlands?
Surfshark may not work on Mac in Netherlands due to network issues on some applications that interfere with Surfshark connection. The same issues occur for antivirus, firewalls, and file-sharing apps.
However, if you’re facing the Surfshark not working in Netherlands due to slow speeds, then here’s how you fix it: Visit the Settings page of your Surfshark application and navigate to the Protocol setting. The protocol must be Automatic by default. Alter it from Automatic to OpenVPN (UDP), then connect to a Surfshark server to test its speeds again. You can also try Wireguard if OpenVPN (UDP) doesn’t work well.
Intruders and snoopers constantly try to spy on your activities and capture your data. However, VPNs hide users’ location, so they can stay away from prying and browse anonymously.
Surfshark is great for securing your data online with AES-256 encryption and protecting your privacy with features like Surfsahrk Camouflage Mode in Netherlands, MultiHop, and kill switch. It further comes with advanced options like NoBorders, CleanWeb, and internal security auditing. Sursfhark is the best VPN with Camouflage Mode in Netherlands, you can rest assured that your online activities are always shielded from prying eyes, and your sensitive information is being kept safe and secure.
You can also setup Surfshark on routers and different devices like Surfshark on Apple TV, Surfshark on Roku etc. Surfshark is also very popular among its users for being one of the best VPN for streaming, this VPN doesn’t disappoint either it is Surfshark for Netflix in Netherlands, HBO max, Hulu or Disney plus or any other platform. Surfshark has maintained its reputation of providing top-notch services to its users in Netherlands.
But if you are still not satisfied with its services, Surfshark resolves this problem by letting you to cancel Surfshark subscription in Netherlands. Follow some easy steps and you are done, the user can also claim for the refund after cancelling the subscription. Surfshark also offers its users a free trial in Netherlands for 7 days on mobile devices. Isn’t it sound super user friendly?!
We recommend you at least Try Surfshark on Mac in Netherlands with a 30-day money-back guarantee to secure your traffic and enjoy unrestricted access to any content around the globe.