Can I watch Stan in Netherlands? The short answer is yes, only a high-quality VPN with servers in Australia can unblock Stan in Netherlands for you. Stan is an Australian streaming service that offers a wide variety of TV shows and movies, many of which are exclusive to the platform. However, due to licensing restrictions, the content is not available to viewers located in Netherlands.
Some of the new and popular shows and movies currently available on Stan include “The Gloaming,” “The Commons,” “The Other Guy,” “The Dutch House,” and “The Dry.” In addition to these exclusive titles, Stan also offers a selection of popular U.S. shows like “Breaking Bad,” “Better Call Saul,” “The Good Place,” and “Parks and Recreation.”
To access Stan from Netherlands, you will need to use a VPN. ExpressVPN is one of the premium VPNs in Netherlands to use for this purpose. It allows you to connect to an Australian IP address, which will make it appear as though you are located in Australia and therefore allow you to access Stan’s content. With ExpressVPN, you can enjoy all of the great shows and movies that Stan has to offer, in Netherlands.
How to Watch Stan in Netherlands? – Quick steps
Can I watch Stan in Netherlands? Yes if you follow these easy steps you can easily watch Stan in Netherlands with a VPN:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Brisbane server in Australia.
- Visit the Stan site on your device.
- Enjoy streaming on Stan in Netherlands.
Subscribe to Stan in Netherlands | How Much Does Stan Cost in Netherlands?
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Stan in Netherlands?
Does Stan work in Netherlands? No Stan is only available in Australia. Now you may be wondering, “Can you watch stan in Netherlands?” Those who want to stream Stan from Netherlands will need a VPN service that has servers in Australia. For obvious geo-blocking reasons, this fantastic Australian streaming service can’t be accessed from anywhere except Australia.
And therefore, if you try to use Stan in Netherlands without a VPN, you will find that Stan not streaming in Netherlands and you will be served with the following error message:
Sorry, we couldn’t log you in.
Stan is not available in your region. If you are inside Australia but are using a VPN, please turn your VPN off and try again.
If you require access to your account, jump onto help.stan.com.au and get in touch with our support team.
(Error code: L8)
Can you use Stan in Netherlands? With a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN, your real IP address will be hidden and replaced with one from Australia, making it appear as though you are accessing Stan from Down Under. If you come across any error related to “Stan not working with VPN in Netherlands then you should visit our blog.
Best VPNs to Watch Stan in Netherlands [In-Depth Analysis]
Unfortunately, not all VPN services can solve this problem of geographical restrictions. Therefore, the only option is to use a top-tier Stan VPN in Netherlands to gain access to the service. Each of these options provides access to premium streaming servers that may be used to access Stan and other geo-blocked services in Netherlands.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to Watch Stan in Netherlands
- No. of servers: 3000+ servers and 5 server locations in Australia
- MediaStreamer: Available
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- Connections: 5 Simultaneous connections supported
- Bandwidth: Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- Price: EUR 6.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Stan in Netherlands as it offers extremely-fast connection speeds for buffer-free streaming in UHD quality. All the servers work by masking your IP address and letting you enjoy Stan watch or other Australian-based services from anywhere.
ExpressVPN has an extensive server network of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries and 5 server locations in Australia, including Australian servers in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth. You don’t have to worry about getting blocked by Stan because ExpressVPN regularly updates its Australian IP addresses.
To unblock Stan, we connected to the Brisbane server. We also watched Kayo Sports in Netherlands, Disney+, and Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN in Netherlands. After running several tests, we believe ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming in Netherlands!
It worked like a true best VPN as we tried gaining access to other geo-restricted Australian channels like Australia Plus TV in Netherlands, Fox8 in Netherlands, and SBS On Demand in Netherlands. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock WIN TV and SBS World News as well.
During ExpressVPN’s speed test in Netherlands on a 100 Mbps connection, ExpressVPN managed to offer a download speed of 89.42 Mbps, and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps upload speed on its Australia – Brisbane server. ExpressVPN manages to support 5 simultaneous connections at one time.
The MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) impressed us the most as it let us unblock restricted sites within a few seconds. We tested this on Roku TV as it’s VPN-incompatible and had an incredible streaming experience without a lagging screen.
As far as security is concerned ExpressVPN has impressive security features like AES-256 bit encryption, DNS/IP leak protection, and an efficient ExpressVPN kill switch to protect its users’ anonymity. These are the reasons that make it the best Stan VPN in Netherlands also it works exceptional with other Australian platforms including Australian TV, proving itself best VPN for Australian TV in Netherlands as well
ExpressVPN also offers excellent compatibility with devices. You can use it with Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android devices, streaming devices, game consoles, Fire Stick, Smart TVs, and even routers with ExpressVPN in Netherlands.
ExpressVPN comes at a price of EUR 6.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) on its annual plan. It also offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and a free trial of ExpressVPN in Netherlands to mobile users.
Read more in our detailed ExpressVPN review Netherlands!
- Unblocks Stan, Hayu, and BINGE in Netherlands.
- Works with Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and more
- Ultra-fast AU server speeds for smooth streaming
- MediaStreamer feature
- Miltary-grade encryption for strong security.
- Slightly more expensive than other VPNs
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to Watch
- No. of servers: 3200+ and 91 servers (3 Server Locations) in Australia
- Whitelister: available
- Speed: 85.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- Connections: Unlimited simultaneous connections supported
- Bandwidth: Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- Price: EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN service to watch Stan. Surfshark offers 91 Australian servers in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, and Adelaide at a minimum price of EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
With Surfshark, you will never face trouble unblocking geo-restricted sites like Stan in Netherlands as it offers 3200+ servers in 100+ countries to stream privately and access content safely in Netherlands.
It also has lightweight apps and high-speed servers to enjoy fast streaming. With Australia – Perth server, unblocking Stan was extremely quick. We unblocked and enjoy watching 9Gem, ABC News, ABC Kids, Disney+, and Amazon Videos in Netherlands as well. Surfshark is also known as the best VPN for Kayo Sports in Netherlands.
Speaking of the Surfshark speed test in Netherlands, the VPN delivered an 85.42 Mbps download speed and a 48.64 Mbps upload speed on our 100 Mbps connection. Surfshark provides an opportunity to connect unlimited devices at one time.
AES-256 encryption, a Kill switch, and a clean web browser are all included. One of Surfshark most appealing features is its Multi-hop (double VPN), which allows you to conceal your online footprint by using multiple servers to encrypt your traffic.
Blocking dangerous adverts and websites and reducing other types of diversions when using a VPN are features that defend against malware assaults, viruses, and phishing emails.
Camouflage Mode in Surfshark hides your activity from prying eyes, while NoBorders gets you through censorship blocks. Surfshark is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. It is also considered to be the best VPN to work with LG Smart TVs in Netherlands, smartphones/tablets, Roku in Netherlands, routers, and Firestick with Surfshark in Netherlands.
Surfshark has round-the-clock availability of their live chat assistance. If you’re on the fence about signing up for a paid account, you can test out Surfshark’s free trial in Netherlands. There is a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy for all bundled purchases.
To know more about this VPN, go through our Surfshark review Netherlands.
- Easily unblock geo-restricted services like Stan in Netherlands
- Also works with Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix, and more
- Affordable VPN for lag-free streaming
- Connect unlimited devices per account
- MultiHop and Camouflage mode
- Live chat support is available 24/7
- Live chat support is limited to a few countries
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN to Watch Stan
- No. of servers: 5500+ servers and 190+ in 5 locations in Australia
- Double VPN: available
- Speed: 86.55 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- Connections – supports 7 simultaneous connections
- Bandwidth: Unlimited bandwidth for HD streaming
- Price: EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
NordVPN is a secure VPN to watch Stan, boasting an impressive suite of security features for safe streaming. This VPN has a massive server network of 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 190+ Australian servers in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide.
NordVPN is an incredible VPN for enjoying bufferless streaming of Stan in Netherlands. With NordVPN, we did not face any issues unblocking our favorite content. Here, we have connected to Australia #600 to watch Everything I Know About Love.
NordVPN offers streaming support and a dedicated IP address to watch Australian streaming services such as SBS On Demand in Netherlands, and TenPlay in Netherlands. We also tried streaming Disney Plus in Netherlands and watching Netflix with NordVPN in Netherlands – we had a great streaming experience on both platforms.
During NordVPN speed test in Netherlands, we got an average of 86.55 Mbps of download speed and 49.42 Mbps of upload speed on our 100 Mbps connection. NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections on a single subscription.
You can use NordVPN with complete peace of mind since it was built from the ground up to work flawlessly with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, including IP Leak Prevention, Threat Detection, and strong encryption, as well as CyberSec for further security while connecting to the public Wi-Fi networks.
NordVPN has all the advanced capabilities such as a wide variety of protocols, specialized servers, and more. It has the finest VPN blocker, split tunneling, two automated kill switches, 256-bit AES encryption, a double VPN option, and more. Onion over VPN, DNS leak protection, and a no-logs policy that has been audited are also included.
NordVPN offers excellent compatibility with various devices, including Smart TVs, PlayStation consoles, Fire Stick, Apple TV, and Roku with NordVPN in Netherlands. We also tested the NordVPN free trial in Netherlands and could avail of it on our mobile devices only.
NordVPN works exceptionally well for unblocking Stan. You can get NordVPN at a price of EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). Similar to other VPNs in this list, you can cancel NordVPN subscriptions in Netherlands too.
For more details, read our in-depth NordVPN review Netherlands!
- Unblock Stan, BINGE, Hayu, and other AU-based streaming services in Netherlands
- Works with Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Paramount, and more
- Offers the most number of servers in Australia
- Fastest servers for streaming and torrenting
- Secure your connection with DoubleVPN servers
- Strong encryption and a strict no-logs policy
- Windows app is slow with some downtime
How to Subscribe to Stan in Netherlands in 2023?
Is Stan available in Netherlands? No, Since the Stan service is only offered in Australia, in order to subscribe in Netherlands, you will need a premium VPN provider that can provide you with an Australian IP address.
Here are the three ways to sign up for Stan:
1. Can I subscribe to Stan through my Credit Card in Netherlands?
To subscribe to stand using a credit card you need to follow these steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN application.
- Connect to the Brisbane server in Australia.
- Head to Stan’s website.
- Choose the Start your free 30-day trial button.
- Pick your desired plan as per your preference.
- Enter the necessary details. s
- Start streaming on Stan in Netherlands
2. How do I add a gift card to my Stan account in Netherlands?
To add a gift card to your Stan account, you can follow these steps:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Install the app and connect to its Brisbane server.
- Next, visit the Stan website to buy an online gift card.
- Proceed by clicking Select a gift card.
- Now enter the required information, choose an amount, and design for your card.
- Once you’re done, click Continue.
- Verify your gift card and order details. If there is some error, go back or click Edit Order to make the changes.
- Wait for the order to process, then enter your email address to get the gift card.
- Head straight to Stan Gift Card to redeem your gift card.
- Enter the 12-digital PIN and hit Redeem Now. You’ll find the PIN code in your email inbox.
- Wait for the PIN to validate, then start a new subscription and apply for the gift card.
- Enter the required details and hit Redeem without bonus month. To get a bonus month, you’ll have to enter your existing PayPal or credit card details.
- You’re all set to enjoy Stan now!
Note: If you opt to redeem with a bonus month, your Stan account will be automatically renewed.
3. Can I subscribe to Stan through iTunes in Netherlands?
Yes, you can subscribe to Stan through iTunes as it supports in-app purchases. If you’re an iOS user, you can simply sign up for Stan in Netherlands by following the steps below.
Here’s how you can subscribe to Stan through iTunes:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to the Brisbane server.
- On your iPhone, head to Settings > Tap your profile > Media and Purchases > Country/Region and set it to Australia.
- Renew the Terms and Conditions and go to the App Store.
- Sign out from your current account, and log in with the newly created account.
- Now, launch the Stan app on your iOS device.
- Select the option Purchased Through iTunes.
- Proceed by the instructions on your screen, and log in with your Stan iTunes subscription.
How Much Does Stan Cost in Netherlands?
There are three Stan membership plans that can be selected. Stan has created a new add-on Sport package that will be available for an additional $15 per month (USD 10.73 ) in addition to your main membership plan.
Each plan is suited to individual streaming preferences and budgets, so please review the table below to choose which plan is perfect for you.
|Packages||Basic – Monthly||Standard – Monthly||Premium – Monthly||Stan Sports – Monthly|
|Price||AUD 10 ( USD 7.10 )||AUD 16 (USD 11.44 )||AUD 21 (USD 15.02 )||AUD 15 (USD 10.73 ) Addon|
What Devices Does Stan Support in Netherlands?
Here are the devices which support Stan:
- Smart TVs – Smart TVs of Samsung, LG Sony Hisense Panasonic TCL Philips Kogan Toshiba and FFalcon
- Gaming Consoles – Sony PS4, PS5 and Microsoft Xbox One
- Media Streaming Devices – Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Fetch TV, Telstra TV, and Amazon Fire TV
- Mobile Devices – iOS (running iOS 11+) and Android (running Android 4.4+)
- Browsers – Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
How Do I Get Stan on My Android devices in Netherlands?
Here’s how you can get Stan on your Android device:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN app and connect Brisbane server.
- Create a new Google account, then sign in.
- Download the Stan app by navigating to Google Play Store.
- Tap open the Stan app and select Start your free trial.
- Select a Stan subscription plan that works for you.
- Enter the required details, create a password, and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Hit Start Watching.
- Stream successfully using Stan on your Android device!
Note: You’ll be required to enter your payment details. Your card will be automatically charged once the free trial ends.
How do I get Stan on my iOS in Netherlands?
Follow these quick steps to get Stan on your iOS device:
- Get a premium VPN subscription. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your iOS device.
- Connect to the Brisbane server.
- Change your Apple ID region to Australia by visiting Settings > Media/Purchases > Country/Region.
- Search for Stan in the App Store.
- Install the app, sign up, and then sign in with your login details.
- Sit back to enjoy Stan on your iOS device.
What Are the Most Popular Shows and Movies on Stan?
Confused about what to watch on Stan? Don’t worry we are here to guide you. Stan is a home of entertainment that offers countless blockbuster movies and popular shows to entertain users. We have picked a few TV shows and famous movies for you which are a must-watch on Stan. Let’s see them.
Shows on Stan
Here are 10 TV shows we have picked for you.
- Black Snow
- Poker Face
- Your Honor
- RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Godfather of Harlem
- All American
- Breaking Bad
Movies on Stan
Here are 10 popular movies which are fantastic to be watched on Stan.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- The Campaign
- Reaching Distance
- How It Ends
- Lethal Weapon 4
- Chaos Walking
FAQs – Stan in Netherlands?
Can I watch Stan in Netherlands?
Yes, to access Stan in Netherlands, you would need to use a VPN service to mask your location. Stan is only available to watch within Australia due to rights and licensing agreements. It uses geo-blocking technology to restrict access to the service in Netherlands.
Does Stan work with VPN in Netherlands?
Yes, it is possible to use a VPN to access Stan in Netherlands. The use of VPNs to bypass geographic restrictions is a violation of Stan’s terms of service. It is recommended to use ExpressVPN which leaves no chance of detection while accessing Stan in Netherlands.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Stan in Netherlands?
Yes, it is possible to use a free VPN to access Stan in Netherlands, but free VPNs are not recommended as they are not secure and do not have the ability to bypass geographic restrictions.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Stan in Netherlands?
Yes, it is technically not illegal to use a VPN with Stan in Netherlands, however, it is a violation of Stan’s terms of service. Some countries have laws restricting the use of VPNs, so it’s important to check the laws of your country before using a VPN. ExpressVPN is one of the reputable VPN providers that can help you to access the content.
Now that you know how to watch Stan in Netherlands, get your hands on a Stan VPN and start watching high-quality Australian content! Stan is an amazing media service that has an addictive library. So make sure you choose the right VPN to experience seamless streaming.
ExpressVPN is our first choice as it offers 5 Australian servers, that are tried and tested. It also comes with a generous 30-day refund policy, so you can try it risk-free. If you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.
If you encounter any issues, feel free to drop a comment below! Till then, happy streaming!