Do you know Netflix has officially launched in South Africa? Now, you will be able to watch the Netflix on your Apple TV, Smart TV, iPhone, Android and even on your gaming consoles including the Xbox.
It has more than 14,000 titles worldwide; including action, horror, thriller, adventure and comedy movies.
The catch behind the popularity is that Netflix is on-demand entertainment service. You don’t have to rely on your cable operator for the sake of your entertainment.
In this post, I will explain you “how to get American Netflix in South Africa” and enjoy the enormous streaming media of Netflix’s US library.
How To Get American Netflix in South Africa?
While this is good news there is also bad news, unfortunately, you cannot watch all Netflix movies and TV shows in South Africa unless you are using a VPN to access Netflix US library.
Most of the stunning movies including the blockbuster hits and best of the time TV seasons are only available in the US library. This is due to the Geo licensing policy of Netflix. The US library consists of thousands of titles and the best of the time TV series.
By using VPN you will gain access to the hilarious movies, documentaries and your favorite TV seasons in Netflix. PureVPN is the best-recommended VPN provider to unblock Netflix at any location in the world.
Watch US Netflix in South Africa with VPN
When you access Netflix, your IP address is determined by their system. The IP address holds important information regarding your country of origin and your actual location.
This is the point where VPN comes into play.
Once you purchase the VPN, it will change your IP address with an IP address of US server. In other words you will get access to Netflix via VPN from a US Server. In addition, you will also gain access to the US library.
Moreover, I have listed some VPN providers for your convenience. These VPNs will give you top-notch streaming experience ever while you entertain yourself on Netflix.
Steps To Watch US Netflix in South Africa
If you pick a US VPN server, you can get to all channels that are geo-hindered outside the USA. Not just does a VPN changes your IP address, it encrypts all your traffic as well
It’s easy to install VPN on iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and Mac. There are VPN applications you can download and utilize which influence setting to up VPN simple.
However, do note that DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies have no impact on VPN.
Most streaming devices don’t have VPN clients i.e. are not compatible with VPN. Set up VPN on a VPN enabled router and connect your gadget to it.
Netflix South Africa on Apple TV
Once you have VPN for South Africa, you can access your all-time favorite seasons “Orange is the New Black” on your Apple TV.
I will tell you how you can watch and enjoy the insightful movies on your Apple TV.
After subscribing to your chosen VPN, simply install it on your PC, Laptop, or mobile device. The VPN will come into play by altering your IP address and removing the barrier to US Library.
Next, connect your Apple TV with your VPN enabled PC and you are all set to enjoy the uproarious media on Netflix US Library.
Install VPN on Apple TV – with Smart DNS Proxy
- Switch on your Apple TV and go to the “Settings” Menu
- Navigate to “General” and select “System”
- Choose “Wi-Fi” if you’re connected through Wi-Fi
- Choose “Ethernet” in the event that you have a wired connection
- Go to “configure DNS” and change it to “Manual”
- Enter an Alternate DNS Server or Smart DNS Proxy
- You can get one from your VPN supplier
- After entering DNS and Proxy Settings hit the “confirm” button
- Go to “Settings” > “General”, and tap on iTunes Store
- In the “Area” menu, select the country you need to connect with
- Return to the principle menu put the Apple to in “Rest Now”
- Unplug the Apple TV Power Cord and hold up ten seconds
- Plug the string back in and appreciate simple unblocking through SmartDNS/Proxy
How to Setup on Apple TV without Router (Using AirPlay)
Setting up your Apple TV VPN without a router isn’t just easier but also faster.
Fortunately, Apple has embedded the AirPlay Mirror feature in their iOS and Mac OSx gadgets, playing your most loved media has never been so easy.
To setup your VPN on Apple TV without the router, here is what you need to do:
- Install the VPN application for your device i.e. iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod) or Mac OSx (Mac desktop, MacBook)
- Connect your VPN to the country (US in this case) you wish to unblock applications
- Make sure both your device and the Apple TV are connected to the same internet connection
- In case of iOS devices, ensure you have the relevant streaming applications on your gadget rather than on the Apple TV
- Turn on your AirPlay by heading off to your Apple TV Settings > AirPlay > ON
- Mac OSx clients ought to just logon to the sites they wish to stream, at that point tap the AirPlay symbol in the Menu Bar
iOS users should swipe up from the base of the screen to get to the Control Center, at that point tap AirPlay. To launch the application, you need to mirror e.g. Netflix, BBCiPlayer and so on.
The way to changing the IP address on your Apple TV is very easy. Go to settings and tap on “System”. You will receive details on your current network configuration design.
Tap on “configure DNS” and on the “Manual” button. Enter a custom DNS number or one that you trust. Tap on the “Done” button and restart your Apple TV.
You can setup a VPN on Apple TV by first buying a pre-configured Flash Router from providers like NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
Both of them offer users the ability of getting dedicated routers with an appropriate application for configuring the system in your home. Once you setup, connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi and enjoy!
As referenced before, if you need to use VPN on Apple TV, you should VPN-configured router. As another choice, you can likewise update the firmware of your present router if available.
For Apple TV 4K and third generation and prior, go to “Settings”, tap on “General”, and hit the “Restart” button.
To completely reset, disconnect your Apple TV by removing its cable. Connect a Micro-USB link to the port at the back and afterward your MAC or PC.
When connected, open iTunes. Tap on “Restore Apple TV” to finish the procedure. Switch on your Apple TV!
Consider an Apple TV VPN to unblock all geo-confined amusement including your most loved recordings, music and radio stations from anyplace on the planet.
I hope that now you know how to get american Netflix in South Africa with US Library. If you might want us to enhance the guide or add new segments, leave us your valuable ideas in the comment section beneath.