VPN Error 691 in South Korea is a common error that occurs when trying to establish a best VPN for remote access in South Korea to a VPN on a Windows-based device. A variety of reasons, such as incorrect login credentials, outdated VPN software, or problems with the network configuration can cause this error. We always suggest you to use best VPN to avoid errors. We suggest ExpressVPN as it is the best Windows VPN in South Korea.
Regardless of the cause, it can be frustrating and disruptive to your work or personal use. This guide will walk you through the methods to troubleshoot and fix VPN Error code 691 on your Windows device. From checking your login credentials to verifying your network settings.
We will cover all the necessary steps to get your VPN connection back up and running. Whether you’re a professional or a home user, this guide will help you resolve VPN Error 691 in South Korea and get back to using your VPN without interruption.
Methods to Fix VPN Error 691 in South Korea
We have tried to resolve VPN error 691 in South Korea while in windows 10 using five different techniques.
- Method 1 – Permit Microsoft CHAP Version 2 in South Korea
- Method 2 – Disable Include Windows logon domain in VPN Option in South Korea
- Method 3 – Modifying LANMAN Settings in South Korea
- Method 4 – Confirm that your credentials are valid in South Korea
- Method 5 – Updating Network Driver in South Korea
Method 1 – Permit Microsoft CHAP Version 2 in South Korea
Because of VPN error code 691, you may need to alter your Windows VPN in South Korea settings before you can log in. Although adjusting the VPN’s identification level and security settings on the receiving end may assist, the issue might also be on the sender side, therefore you may need to switch the VPN protocols in South Korea.
- Hold the Windows key while pressing R. Enter ncpa. cpl and choose OK.
- To access your VPN settings, right-click the connection, and select Properties.
- Select the Microsoft CHAP version 2 option under the Security tab and click the “OK” button.
If you want to read more on protocols we have an updated comparison of L2TP vs PPTP in South Korea available for you.
Method 2 – Disable Include Windows logon domain in VPN Options in South Korea
VPN error 691 in South Korea may appear “if the VPN Client is attempting to join with their domain but the domain on the server is unknown or the server is set up to verify with just the credentials”
- Press and hold the Windows key, then tap R.
- In the box that appears, type ncpa.cpl, then tap OK.
- Choose Properties by right-clicking your VPN Connection. Uncheck “Include Windows logon domain” located on the Options tab.
Method 3 – Modifying LANMAN Settings in South Korea
The client’s encryption may be at fault if it is too recent for the server it is trying to connect to using a VPN connection. Here are the steps to follow to avoid VPN error 691 in South Korea
- Keep pressing the Windows Key + R combination. Press OK after entering secpol.msc.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options and double-click on Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.
- Adjust the setting under Local Security Settings so that only LM and NTLM answers are sent.
- Then, you may proceed by selecting OK.
- The next step is to click on Network > Security > Minimum Session Security for NTLM SSP. The Require 128-bit encryption option may be turned off under Local Security Settings.
Method 4 – Confirm Your Credentials are Valid in South Korea
If your VPN connection isn’t correctly set up, you can get warnings like “Connection failed with error 691,” which can be remedied by turning off the Include Windows logon domain option in South Korea.
Here’s what you should do:
- Allow Access to the Internet.
- Search out the VPN connection you’re using
- Right-click it, and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Settings menu and deselect the Include Windows logon domain checkbox.
- A modification can be saved by clicking the OK button.
Method 5 – Updating Network Driver in South Korea
Another solution to VPN windows 7 error 691 is upgrading your network driver in South Korea. Here are the steps to follow
- Access the Device Manager by searching for devicemngr.
- To locate your router, please expand the Network adapters.
- Select Router and right-click on Update driver.
- Just keep going with the on-screen directions until the drivers are completely installed.
- Restart your machine and you are done.
Also, check our VPN Errors guide:
- VPN Error Code 628 in South Korea
- VPN Error Code 619 in South Korea
- VPN Error Code 720 in South Korea
- VPN Error Code 868 in South Korea
- VPN Error Code 429 in South Korea
- VPN Error Code 800 in South Korea
FAQs: Fix VPN Error 691 in South Korea
How do I fix Error 691 in South Korea?
Here are the best solutions available to fix VPN error 691 in South Korea
- Ensure that the Username and Password are Correct.
- Remove the .local extension from the Domain name.
- During VPN login, leave the Domain Name field blank.
- Enable the Microsoft CHAP Version 2 protocol.
- Disable the option “Include Windows Logon Domain.”
What is VPN error 691?
When a user attempts to connect to a VPN but the distant server rejects the connection, the user receives error 691 windows 7 VPN. The most common reasons for this are incorrect VPN settings or software conflicts.
How to Delete and add your VPN connection to fix error 691 in South Korea?
Here is how to delete and add your VPN connection to fix VPN error 691 in South Korea
- To access the Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key + I.
- Navigate to Network & Internet after the Settings app has opened.
- Click the VPN menu now.
- Access your VPN configurations.
- Delete the connection by clicking the Remove button after selecting it.
- Create a new VPN connection now by selecting the option to “Add a VPN connection.“
- Entering the required data and configure your VPN accordingly.
VPN Error 691 in Windows 10/11 can be a frustrating experience for users who rely on a VPN connection for their daily work or personal needs. However, the good news is that there are a few simple solutions to fix this error and get back to using your VPN connection.
One of the most common causes of Error 691 VPN in South Korea is incorrect login information, so make sure to double-check your username and password. You can troubleshoot your network connection and make sure that your internet connection is stable. If these solutions do not work, it may be necessary to contact your VPN provider for further assistance.
VPN Error 691 in Windows 10/11 can be a hassle, but with a little bit of troubleshooting, it can be easily fixed. Don’t forget to check the solutions we have discussed in this article. We are sure if you apply them as per the guideline you can easily remove VPN error 691 in South Korea.