Award winning on-demand entertainment service KODI or, formerly known as XMBC, is an open source entertainment service to stream live TV, movies, music, pictures and even games. The Kodi platform doesn’t offer pre-stored content and requires the user to add streaming channels on the desktop & mobile apps from local storage or from the internet. In this guide, you can follow the step by step instruction on How to Add Channels on Kodi.
However, there is a geo-restriction and internet censorship barrier that user’s face upon accessing various channels on the platform. To instantly bypass the restrictions and watch unlimited blocked content on Best Kodi addons, you can use the leading edge KODI VPN services specified in this guide. With a range of top-tier servers located in major parts of the world, the Kodi VPNs for July 2017 provide blazing fast streaming, uninterrupted connection and unmatched entertainment experience.
How to Watch Channels with Kodi VPN
Completing a Kodi VPN setup is a simple 3-steps process. Start Kodi VPN setup by downloading a VPN on your system. Once downloaded, install it and upon successful installation, activate the VPN app. Just follow these simple steps (we will be using PureVPN for our demonstration, but you can use any VPN provider):
- Launch the Pure VPN app. Click on the settings icon, Go to “Basic” tab and enter your login details including username and password as shown below:
- Go to the Dashboard listed on the left hand menu. Click on Select Location, you will be able to select server of your choice from the dropdown list.
- Choose your relevant server from the server drop down list. Select the US server and click connect.
When you’re successfully connected to a best Kodi VPN server, it’s time to enjoy unlimited entertainment previously geo-restricted. Go to the Kodi console, install your favorite channel add-ons and keep streaming. You will be able to access all channel restriction free with premium HD Quality on selected channels and Super-fast speed.
In order to watch popular broadcasting channels using Kodi including iTV, BBC, Fox, Channel 7, 4oD, HBO, ESPN, and hundreds of other international channels (usually geo-restricted) establish the need for a Kodi VPN which you can choose from below.
XBMC VPN are the safest option to bypass geo-restriction barriers from streaming Kodi channels. Although you might be able to access many of the TV channels for free, all US and most UK-based streaming channels (especially live TV) like ESPN and BBC Sport will be blocked, displaying the following message:
So, just how do you get rid of these geo-restrictions?
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
Buy 1 Year Get 1 Year Free
No Exclusive Offer
A Kodi VPN will enable you to evade all geo-restrictions and enjoy unlimited geo-restricted services on Kodi. It will mask your IP address with a foreign IP of your choice (USA, UK, Canada etc.), where the particular channel is available.
You will be able to enjoy restriction-free access to your favorite channels from anywhere in the world. User reviews and Kodi fans suggest deploying the best VPN services for Kodi due to their streaming optimized and P2P supported servers, for high-speed video & music streaming.
Why Do I Need VPN for Kodi?
To get the most out of Kodi and enjoy limitless streaming you will require a Kodi VPN add-on. It will provide every bit of entertainment that lacks in Kodi. Following are the key benefits of using Kodi VPN:
- Unblocks geo-restricted streaming services including Fox, Channel 7, BBC iPlayer, Hulu Plus, ESPN and hundreds of other global TV channels.
- Evade geo-restrictions placed on shows like HBO’s Game of Thrones, Netflix’s House of Cards, Arrow, NBC Parks & Recreation, Person of Interest etc.
- Evade NSA, GCHQ and Mossad surveillance plus snooping from other state agencies.
- Gain access to P2P & Torrents without getting tracked & receiving copyright notices.
- Stop ISPs from conducting DPI (deep packet inspection) and track your browsing activities.
- Enable installation of blocked add-ons like Netflix XMBC on Kodi.
How to Add Channels on Kodi
Like various open source projects, Kodi doesn’t come with a pre-stored channel library. This means that subscribers need to install your Best addons on Kodi by their own. It’s a pretty simple procedure and we have listed it step by step for our dear readers, so they can freely add channels on latest version of Kodi:
- Launch the Kodi player.
- In the main menu, scroll to Videos from left pane. You will be able to see “File”, “Playlists” and “Video add-ons”. Click on Video add-ons button.
- Upon clicking Video add-ons a window with various add-ons will appear.
- Scroll your cursor to lower-left corner of the screen and tap on options icon.
- From the options pane, click on Get more. You will be presented with various broadcasting channels to stream from. Select the channel you wish to add to your library. For instance, I have selected 1Channel.
- In the add-on installation dialogue box click on install.
- The add-on will be downloaded and you will be able to see “tick mark” before channel’s name
- Click on the channel and activate it
- The channel content will now be ready for streaming; we can now proceed by selecting a desired programme from 1Channel
- You are now ready to watch desired media on Kodi. Enjoy!Follow our guide and add your favorite TV channels, video streaming services, music stations, apps and games.
Apart from 1Channel you can watch countless channels on Kodi by installing thousands of add-ons of including ESPN3, Fox News, ET Canada, BBC iPlayer WWW, MTV.de, MTV.it on demand, NFL Game Pass, DisneyChannel and many more. A VPN for KODI will let you circumvent any geo-restrictions instantly and allow you to watch your favorite channels hassle free.
Kodi VPN Setup on Windows
The simplest way to bypass geo-restrictions and securing your privacy while using Kodi is by setting up a VPN directly on the streaming device. However, if you are looking to setup a VPN directly on Kodi through an addon, check out the steps for VPN Manager for OpenVPN.
Use VPN Manager for OpenVPN Add-on
Another way of setting up Kodi VPN is through the add-on ‘VPN Manager for OpenVPN’. The add-on supports various VPN providers and you can use the service from within Kodi. However, there are some pre-requisites for using this method. You will have to download and install the OpenVPN GUI software. Then download the executable OpenVPN files from your VPN provider. Once you are through these processes, just follow these steps:
- Download Zomboided Repository from GitHub onto your system
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Add-ons
- Now click on the ‘Add-on browser’ icon (the package box icon) location at the top left corner
- Select Install from zip file
- Navigate to the location where you downloaded Zomboided Repository zip files
- You will see a notification in the top right corner once the add-on is added
- Now click on Install from repository
- Go to Zomboided Add-on Repository > Services > VPN Manager for OpenVPN
- Install the add-on and wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Now open the add-on (for first time users, click on OK when a popup appears to configure a VPN)
- Go to Add-on Settings
- Under the VPN Configuration, select the VPN Provider you want to setup
- Enter the username and password
- Now go to VPN Connection tab and select First VPN connection (optionally used to auto connect during boot)
- Choose the server you want to connect
- You can add more VPN connections by entering the servers (maximum 10 default servers are allowed)
- Click OK and enjoy VPN connection
Kodi VPN for Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV users can enjoy unlimited geo-restricted content on Kodi using a Kodi VPN compatible with Amazon Fire TV. You can follow our very easy guide to setup Kodi on Fire TV / Firestick . Once you have setup Kodi on Firestick / TV, its time to remove the restriction and access unlimited action, adventure, Live TV, documentaries and sports channels on Kodi.
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Firestick
To setup a Kodi VPN on Firestick, you need to follow the below outlined steps:
- Go to Settings > System > Developer Options > Turn ON ADB Bugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now go to Home Screen by tapping on Home Button
- Go to Apps option located in the menu above > Scroll down to select Collections > Clik on New Releases and Updates
- Now look for the App called ‘Downloader’ > It’s a free app so download it. Do not pay anything for downloading this application
- Now click on Open once you download it > Click on Browser option located in the left-side menu
- Change the web address to ‘https://purevpn.com’ (or any other VPN provider web address)
- Now click on ‘Get PureVPN’
- Now go back to Browser option > Now click on the three-line menu located at the right side > It would open various options so click on Apps
- Click on Download > Direct APK Download (If it present you with this option)
- It will take a few minutes downloading PureVPN on your Firestick
- Now click on Install > Click Done
- Click Home Button > Apps and Games > PureVPN
- Login User ID and Password
- You’re ready to use KodiVPN on Firestick
How to Setup Kodi VPN on iPhone, iPad and more iOS Devices
Apple iPhone and iPad are hallmarks of superior features, elegant design, top-grade security and over-the-top looks. But, when it comes to Kodi on iPhone and iPad, one can’t simply access leading channels and streaming services on these devices due to geo-restrictions. Thus, we have listed a simple setup process below that will guide you to install best Kodi VPN on iPhone and iPad.
After KodiVPN installation on an iOS device, you will achieve one-touch access to world of restriction-free on-demand entertainment from anywhere in the world.
Here’s how to setup Kodi VPN on iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices:
- On your iPhone, Go to App Store
- Next, search for VPN Provider
- Download and install VPN on your iPhone, iPad or any other iOS device
- Upon successful installation, launch VPN, go to servers’ list and connect to US server
- Finally, launch Kodi on iPhone and enjoy streaming unlimited channels and add-ons that were previously unavailable to you
VPN for Kodi Android
Best Kodi VPN Android offers premium online protection as you bypass restrictions and stream video on Kodi from android devices. While, ISPs are actively monitoring user browsing activities, Kodi VPN makes you anonymous & highly secure over the internet using cutting edge tunneling & encryption.
A wide range of servers add even more versatility to your Kodi VPN service. It allows users to unblock geo-restricted on-demand entertainment services, internet radio, secures online banking and encrypts chats & emails plus includes numerous other advantages. We recommend looking into PureVPN and Total VPN to our readers, rating the former for its server network and the later for its turbo speed streaming servers.
Top 3 Best Free VPN for Kodi
If we talk about the free VPN services for Kodi, then there’re some providers who offer decent speed and a range of servers. However, there’re some considerations while choosing a free VPN for Kodi that includes tunneling protocols, number of servers, customer support channels and logging policy. With that said, subscribers should remember that free VPN services under any condition shouldn’t be compared with a full-featured VPN, in terms of speed, stability, reliability & trust worthiness.
We suggest users try the free trial version of above specified best Kodi VPN for a top-notch streaming experience and robust privacy protection. But in case you want an entirely free VPN service, then here’re the top 3 best free VPN for Kodi:
VPN OpenELEC Kodi
OpenELEC is a fork of the original streaming service Kodi. It boasts addons through which you can setup a VPN directly onto Kodi. However, this option has lost its charm as only one VPN service is supported by OpenELEC. With the exception of Private Internet Access (PIA), it once used to support a variety of VPN providers such as PureVPN, IPVanish, and VyprVPN. Therefore, if you are going to use OpenELEC on Kodi, make sure you an active account for PIA.
Datho VPN Kodi Add-on
Datho VPN offers a dedicated add-on for Kodi. It unblocks a vast selection of top-quality legal content on Kodi apps. Various popular add-ons are geo-restricted in majority of regions including BBC, iPlayer, iTV, AMC, A&E, ESPN, and many other US broadcasting channels. Moreover, Datho VPN on Kodi gives you access to the exclusive library of streaming services like Netflix US library, HULU, FOX, ESPN and many others in your region.
Datho VPN on Kodi also provides restriction-free access to live events including NFL Game Pass, MLB.TV, NBA International League Pass and NHLGamecenter from geo-restricted regions. You can enjoy unlimited action from the playoffs, season fixtures and live and on-demand games that were previously unavailable for you.
Kodi is the one-stop entertainment solution for unlimited on-demand streaming. The user-friendly interface adds even more appeal to it. However, due to certain geo-restrictions placed on various streaming channels, users are unable to watch their favorite video & music with Kodi. Kodi VPN providers offer premium online privacy & data security to users by evading geo-restrictions instantly.