ProtonVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Users in Japan that are unsatisfied with the service can request a refund within 30 days. However, ProtonVPN’s money-back guarantee works a little differently than other providers like ExpressVPN. ProtonVPN will only refund the amount of the unused period within 30 days.
So, you will never get a full refund unless you cancel ProtonVPN in Japan immediately the moment after purchasing it. You can try these quick fixes for ProtonVPN not connecting in Japan first if you’re unsure about canceling it the right way.
If you have already canceled ProtonVPN and are looking for an alternative, then ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs available in the market as it offers a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee and you get a full refund upon cancellation. ExpressVPN also offers a 3-months free subscription on its 12-month plan.
In this article, I’m going to explain how you can obtain a refund from ProtonVPN in Japan and the steps you need to follow.
How to Cancel ProtonVPN in Japan for Refund: Quick Guide
- Open your email and compose a new one.
- In the subject line, write “Refund request”, and mention your account details along with the reason for cancellation in the email body.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
- Wait for an email response (usually takes around 24 hours).
- Upon confirmation of your request, you should receive the refund within 14 days of the request.
Terms & Conditions for Refund in Japan
In order for a user to cancel ProtonVPN in Japan and be eligible for a ProtonVPN refund, the following conditions must be borne in mind:
- The request must be made within 30 days of purchasing the subscription.
- You will only receive the amount for the unused portion of your subscription. For instance, if you make the request after 15 days of purchase, the refund will comprise the full subscription amount you paid minus the 15 days you used up.
- If you purchased the subscription through a third party, then ProtonVPN will not entertain your refund request.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling ProtonVPN in Japan
ProtonVPN is a decent service but it’s perfectly possible that your experience in Japan wasn’t that good with the VPN. In that case, you’re entirely justified in canceling the subscription. But in the interest of fairness, it is also important to consider all the capabilities of the VPN before you finally press the cancel button.
So here are some of the core capabilities of ProtonVPN in Japan:
- Access Netflix libraries: Users can unblock Netflix with ProtonVPN in Japan through certain servers dedicated for the purpose. The fact that ProtonVPN speed test in Japangave good speeds is an added reason why it is a good choice for Netflix streaming.
- Unblock torrents: The strong security and speed make ProtonVPN good for torrenting in Japan as well. There are multiple p2p-optimized servers that ProtonVPN users can connect to for torrenting.
- Cross-platform compatibility: A single ProtonVPN subscription allows 5 multi-logins. This means you can easily use ProtonVPN with Kodi in Japan or other platforms/devices like ProtonVPN on Roku in Japan (through manual setup).
You can also avail of the ProtonVPN free trial in Japan if you’re a new user and want to give this service a try before
I Cancelled ProtonVPN in Japan – What Do I Do Now
Okay, you have decided to cancel ProtonVPN in Japan and have the refunded amount in your hands. But you probably still need to protect your online privacy and unblock websites.
The good thing is, there are still a lot of options to choose from as mentioned in this list of best VPNs for 2023. If you’re looking for a specific recommendation, then ExpressVPN offers the best options in terms of speed, privacy, or overall functionality in Japan.
Powered by a network of over 3000+ servers, ExpressVPN is a powerhouse of a VPN that unblocks various Netflix regions, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more in Japan. It also supports torrenting on many servers.
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with no conditions and is also available for payments made with cryptocurrency. So, you can use ExpressVPN free of cost for 30 days and cancel anytime.
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||Switzerland||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Price||$4.00/mo||$6.67/mo (3 months free)|
|Server Network||1,059 servers
|Customer Support||Live chat, 24-hours support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than ProtonVPN in Japan and Get Refunded
- ExpressVPN Cancel Account in Japan
- Surfshark Cancel Account in Japan
- NordVPN Cancel Account in Japan
The 30-day money-back guarantee of ProtonVPN means that you can get your refund if you’re unsatisfied with the service. If you have decided to cancel ProtonVPN in Japan then all requests for cancellation and refunds must be communicated through the email support of ProtonVPN as described above.
You can learn more about this VPN in our ProtonVPN review in Japan.