Having a Swedish IP address can come in handy for accessing Netflix Sweden, live channels like SVT1, SVT2, TV4, and Kanal5, or logging into your online bank account. If you’re overseas, you may encounter difficulties in accessing your preferred Swedish online services, streaming platforms, and websites because of geo-restrictions.
But don’t worry, a VPN can help you circumvent network limitations. If you’re unsure of how to proceed, our comprehensive guide will discuss simple and effective ways how to get a Swedish IP address in Japan and will provide you with all the necessary information to bypass these restrictions.
A premium Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the fastest way to get a Swedish IP address from any country. Our team of tech enthusiasts tested a couple of VPNs and shortlisted a few that can easily access Swedish content. The VPNs we have mentioned below have top-notch encryption while browsing Sweden websites.
Our findings show ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Sweden For Japanese Users users can use for getting a Swedish IP address with its highly optimized and secure Swedish servers. Let’s dig in further to see how to get a Swedish IP address using a VPN:
Key Takeaways: How To Get A Swedish IP Address in Japan in 2023
- You can get a Swedish IP address by using a VPN with servers in Sweden. Our recommended VPNs are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark.
- ExpressVPN is the top choice for obtaining a Swedish IP address, thanks to its fast speeds, strong security and privacy features, and its ability to unblock streaming services.
- Paid VPN services are generally more dependable, but some free options can be trustworthy as well.
- Using a VPN with servers in Sweden is an effective way to acquire a Swedish IP address in Japan, and access geo-blocked streaming services, websites, apps, and local bank accounts.
Even if you are already in Sweden, you can still benefit from using a VPN for an extra layer of online protection. ExpressVPN is our recommended VPN for this task, as it boasts reliable servers in Sweden for seamless access to geo-blocked services. To learn more about how to get A Swedish IP address with a VPN, keep reading.
Easy Steps: How to Get a Swedish IP Address in Japan?
Follow these easy steps to learn how to get a Swedish IP address in Japan:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN due to its super-fast servers in Sweden
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the app, log in, and connect to a server in Sweden to get a Swedish IP address.
- You can now access Swedish websites, services, and TV with a Swedish IP address from anywhere!
- If it does not work immediately, try clearing your browser and app cookies, or disconnect from your VPN server and reconnect.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to Get a Swedish IP Address in Japan
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPNs to get a Swedish IP address in Japan.
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to get a Swedish IP address in Japan. It has 3000+ servers in over 94 countries including 2 server locations in Sweden.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Swedish IP addresses. This VPN has around 3200 servers spread across 100 countries, including multiple servers in Sweden. Available for JPY 320.98/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) .
- NordVPN – Largest VPN network for Swedish IP address: with over 5500 servers spread over 60+ countries, including 140 servers in Sweden alone.
Best VPNs to Get a Swedish IP Address in Japan (2023 In-Depth Analysis)
We spent countless hours evaluating several premium VPN services. After evaluating exactly 30 of them, we’ve whittled the list down to the top VPN applications for our users looking to change their IP addresses to Sweden to prevent geo-blocks, ISP surveillance, and throttling.
Let’s discuss them in detail:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get a Swedish IP Address in Japan
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including multiple servers in 2 different locations in Sweden.
- MediaStreamer feature for devices that do not support VPN
- Automatic Kill Switch and DNS/IPV6 leak protection
- 5 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Swedish IP address in Japan because of its speed, compatibility with numerous devices, and outstanding IP-changing abilities. It has a network of 3000+ servers in over 94 countries, including multiple servers in Sweden.
One of ExpressVPN’s numerous assets is its capacity to outmaneuver geo-restricted streaming services reliably. With its two server locations in Sweden, you can unblock global and local platforms like the Swedish Netflix library, SVt1, and Private Station TV4 from abroad. We put ExpressVPN to the test and used it to unblock Svt Swedish news outside Sweden and were easily able to do so. We faced no disruption, buffering, or connection dropping which made for a very pleasant viewing experience.
It is also one of the best VPNs for SVT play, viewers can easily access BBC iPlayer and Netflix with ExpressVPN in Japan while streaming 4K video and HD with no perceptible slack. You can use ExpressVPN to access not just Sweedish but also other geo-restricted exclusive content such as Hulu, Disney Plus, Youtube TV, and Amazon Prime TV.
ExpressVPN speed test in Japan delivered impressive speed results, recording a download speed of 87.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.13 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
ExpressVPN is compatible with various operating systems for desktop (McOS, Linux, and Windows) and mobile (iOS and Android). You can use ExpressVPN on Firestick in Japan, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and web extensions like Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. The best thing is that you can also set up ExpressVPN on a router in Japan to get your own Sweden VPN server address so every device on your network will be able to stream Swedish content.
Security measures are powerful. ExpressVPN utilizes 256-bit encryption, regarded as ‘military-grade.’ Additional security highlights incorporate an effective ExpressVPN kill switch, Lightway protocol, and protection against DNS/IP leaks. The organization sticks to a policy of not recording any logs that can identify a user. It also offers 24/7 customer support via live chat in case you ever run into a problem.
All in all, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Sweden. Despite all that it offers, ExpressVPN’s price in Japan is not very high, costing just JPY 930.85/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test it for an entire month to get a Swedish IP address free before making a permanent transaction. Mobile users can also test the service out, completely free via a 7 days mobile trial of ExpressVPN in Japan.
Learn more about its features and functionalities in our in-depth ExpressVPN review in Japan.
- Servers are located in 94 countries, along with Sweden
- Unlimited bandwidth and outstanding streaming speed
- Works nicely with Swedish services such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix
- A kill switch and Encryption provide a secure network
- A little more pricey than some competitors
2. Surfshark– Budget-friendly VPN for Swedish IP Address
- 3200 servers in 100 countries with multiple servers in Switzerland.
- Offers a strict no-logs policy with a kill switch
- Military-grade 256-bit AES encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections allowed
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark is the most affordable VPN to get a Swedish IP address, available at a price range starting from JPY 320.98/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It offers around 3200 servers spread across 100 countries, including multiple servers in Sweden.
We tested Surfshark’s Swedish server by unblocking SVT Play and Private Station TV4, and they worked great! There was no buffering on our connection, and we could watch all our favorite content on Sweden Netflix with Surfshark in HD quality.
In our Surfshark speed test in Japan, it delivered outstanding speed results, recording a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
With unlimited simultaneous connections, Surfshark is one of the best multi-device VPNs available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. Plus, Surfshark works best with Amazon Fire TV in Japan, smartphones, game consoles, and Android TV. Extensions for Chrome and Firefox are also available for download.
As for safety measures, Surfshark is essentially as great as any VPN around. First off, there’s AES 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a Kill Switch feature. There are even special MultiHop servers that route traffic twice for an additional layer of safety. It also offers 24/7 customer support via live chat in case you ever run into a problem.
All things considered, Surfshark is one of the best cheap VPNs to get a Swedish IP address. It costs only JPY 320.98/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and comes with a 30-day refund policy. Mobile users can also test the service out, completely free via a 7-day free trial of Surfshark in Japan.
Check out more features of this VPN in our Surfshark review in Japan.
- Affordable pricing packages
- Can easily access Swedish Television channels as well as Netflix
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Multi-Hop feature
- 24/7 live chat
- Changing servers might be time-consuming at times
3. NordVPN – Largest VPN Network for a Swedish IP Address
- 5500 servers in 60 countries, including 140 servers across Sweden.
- Double VPN and Onion Over VPN
- NordLynx protocol with 256-bit Military-Grade AES Encryption
- 6 simultaneous connections are allowed.
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN has a huge server network to get a Swedish IP address. It has around 5500 servers spread over 60+ countries, including 140 servers in Sweden.
By connecting to any one of its Swedish servers, you can access popular Swedish streaming channels, including SVT1 and Private Station TV4. NordVPN allows users to choose servers upgraded for features like HD streaming. Moreover, NordVPN works fine with Netflix in Japan, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more with seemingly no issues.
In our NordVPN speed test, it delivered impressive speed rates, recording a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN works with Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, as they are some of the most commonly used operating systems. You can also install NordVPN on Amazon Firestick in Japan, smartphones, game consoles, Chromecast, game consoles, and more. Extensions for Firefox and Chrome are also available.
Widely considered the best secure VPN, Security principles are comparatively steadfast with an ad blocker, 256-AES encryption, anti-malware mechanism, and assurance against DNS IPv6, and WebRTC leak. This supplier logs no recognizable data, and clients can pay with Bitcoin for an extra protection layer. It also offers 24/7 customer support via live chat in case you ever run into a problem.
Overall, NordVPN is a secure choice for Sweden’s IP address. It comes at a price of only JPY 556.84/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Check out more features of this VPN in our NordVPN review in Japan. Mobile users can also test the service out, completely free via a NordVPN free trial in Japan for 7 days.
- Largest server network in Sweden and abroad.
- Fast internet connections make HD and 4K streaming possible.
- Many prominent Swedish streaming services are unblocked.
- Power users will appreciate the enhanced security features.
- Double VPN and P2P servers are available.
- 24/7 live chat
- The desktop application’s UI is not pleasing.
Why Should You Use a VPN to Get a Swedish IP in Japan?
A Swedish IP address is useful for various purposes. Here are all the well-known reasons why you should get a Swedish IP address in Japan:
- Access local websites: If you are on vacation or traveling abroad on a business trip, you will have trouble accessing Swedish banking applications. In this case, you will need a Swedish IP address to regain your banking access.
- Access websites on public Wi-Fi networks: Social media sites and streaming platforms consume a lot of bandwidth, which is why they do not work fine on public networks. Therefore, you will disguise your traffic by using a VPN for Swedish IP and bypass network restrictions.
- Avoid ISP throttling: During peak hours, you might have experienced that internet speed suffers a little. This is because your ISP sometimes decreases your internet speed. With the help of a VPN, your ISP will not know your IP details and won’t be able to slow down your speeds.
- Public Wi-Fi: Public networks are the most vulnerable networks in terms of data leaks and security. However, using a VPN can minimize the risk of getting hacked, and it will encrypt your data traffic so that no one can see it.
VPN for Swedish IP Address in Japan – Testing Methodology
It might be a bit tricky to determine which VPN is ideal for you. And besides, there are various diverse choices to choose from, and they continually suggest new ones. The below-mentioned criteria will help you decide on a VPN to get a Swedish IP address.
- Servers in Sweden: It is obvious that in order to get a Swedish IP address, you must choose a VPN that has at least one server in Sweden.
- Speed: Unfortunately, many VPNs claim to be fast, but in reality, they are not. The VPNs we have shortlisted are not just secure but are also the fastest VPNs for streaming content in Japan.
- Unblocking: We tested a large array of VPNs and shortlisted only the ones that performed well in terms of unblocking and accessing global and local Swedish content.
- Security: We never compromise on security, so the VPNs we have mentioned above have up-to-date security and privacy features with military-grade encryption.
- Privacy: Privacy nowadays is the most common concern worldwide. This is why VPN providers assure customers that their secure servers are data leakproof.
What are the other methods to obtain a Swedish IP Address in Japan?
If you’re unwilling to pay for a VPN subscription, try the following alternate methods to get a Swedish IP address. However, keep in mind that both the methods listed below are less reliable than VPN services:
1. Tor browsers:
If you require a Swedish IP address from anywhere without a VPN, then you can use a Tor browser. These browsers are highly encrypted and do a great job at keeping your identity private. They pass your requests through several nodes before taking them to their destination.
However, due to their multi-layer encryption, the speeds on these browsers are incredibly slow. Also, since Tor browsers are often used for illegal activities like accessing the dark web, they can direct the attention of ISPs toward you.
2. Proxy servers:
This method of obtaining a Swedish IP address is quick. The remote server obtains a personal, distinctive IP address by communicating with an intermediate server. Before responding to the request, the server examines several DNS requests.
Proxy servers lack encryption. This means that your online activities can be monitored and tracked quite easily on these networks, unlike a VPN that offers military-grade encryption to users.
What Swedish TV channels can I watch in Japan?
After finding out how to get a Swedish IP address in Japan with a VPN, there are many on-demand services and TV channels you can view online including:
- Netflix Sverige
- HBO Nordic
- SVT Play
- TV4 Play
- KANAL 5 Play
FAQs – How to Get a Swedish IP Address in Japan
Is VPN legal in Sweden?
Yes, it is legal to use a VPN in Sweden since VPNs provide the easiest way to safeguard your privacy and enjoy using the internet securely, long as as you are not involved in any illegal activities. Just because your identity is hidden with a VPN, it doesn’t mean you can violate any law (like downloading or watching copyrighted files).
Can I watch Netflix with Sweden’s IP address in Japan?
Yes, you can watch Netflix with a Swedish IP address in Japan. Several Swedish websites, apps, and streaming services are unavailable outside the country due to geoblocking, including TV4 and Netflix Sweden. To access country-specific content, you need a Swedish IP address. The simplest way to obtain a local IP address is by using a VPN with servers located in Sweden. For this, we recommend ExpressVPN, as it has servers in Sweden that are highly optimized for streaming.
Which VPN is free for Sweden?
ProtonVPN is a free VPN to Sweden IP address. You can use it to unblock any website, streaming service, or Youtube videos unavailable in your region. It’s free plan works fine in Sweden and supports all major operating systems but only allows free servers from three countries. ExpressVPN is a great, full-featured free-trial VPN for Sweden that offers a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can I use a free VPN to obtain a Sweden IP address in Japan?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to obtain a Swedish IP address free of cost in Japan, but we do not recommend it. Even the best free VPN Sweden tends to have an abnormally large number of customers and might suffocate your network bandwidth. ExpressVPN is a great, full-featured free-trial best VPN Sweden that offers a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is using a VPN to get a Swedish IP address safe in Japan?
Yes, using a VPN for a Swedish IP address is absolutely safe in Japan. Simply getting a Swedish IP address will not hide your activity online but a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN will. Such providers use military-grade AES 256-bit encryption to hide your activity so well, even your ISP can’t see it, along with a vast variety of other security and privacy features for keeping users protected.
What are the dangers of using VPNs for a Sweden IP Address?
In Sweden, VPNs are legal and internet freedom is a top priority. In Sweden, you won’t encounter any problems using a VPN, but you should be aware that each country has its own VPN regulations and online privacy laws. Russia forbids the use of certain VPNs altogether, while India requires VPNs to keep records of your online activities. Ensure that you stay safe and on the right side of the law by researching the VPN laws and regulations of the country you’re connecting from.
This article highlights some key takeaways that will teach you each of the legal methods for how to get a Swedish IP address in Japan. We frequently utilize a VPN (premium VPN, instead of free) because they are simple to use and generate great results when compared to other tactics.
Because of its superior connections, top-tier security features, and excellent server organization, ExpressVPN is our main pick. ExpressVPN’s Swedish IPs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them out risk-free.
Provided you have sufficient technical expertise, you could also use a proxy server or TOR to access the internet.