Hotstar, also referred to as Disney+ Hotstar, is a brand of over-the-top streaming service available only in India. So if you’re wondering “how do I activate Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan?” The only way to activate Hotstar on your Samsung TV is by installing the app on your TV using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN!
Whether you want to have a chill laid back weekend streaming The Kardashians or watching Bigg Boss S5 Malayalam in Japan or need a fun entertaining night streaming thrillers like Ved Movie in Japan, Disney+ has something for everyone in the family!
So, whether you’re wondering how to install Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV, Kodi in Japan, and Roku in Japan or what to watch on Hotstar; there are many options, including classic Disney films, National Geographic, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars and the best place to catch the latest Disney+ entertainment is on your Samsung Smart TV.
If you’re living in Japan, you must be upset with the lack of access to the popular streaming site. American citizens cannot access Hotstar in Japan due to geo-restrictions. It is therefore recommended to utilize a trustworthy VPN with Indian servers and promising unblocking features. ExpressVPN is our top choice when it comes to trustworthy features and quality experience.
How to Install Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan? [Easy Steps]
If you’re thinking ‘How do I get Disney Hotstar on my Samsung TV in Japan?’ we’ve got just the guide for you. Keep on reading to easily add Hotstar on Samsung TV.
Follow the steps below to install Hotstar on Samsung TV.
- Subscribe to premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Tap the Smart Hub button after turning on your Samsung Smart TV.
- From the menu, select Apps, then click the Search button.
- Using the on-screen keyboard, search and download ExpressVPN on your TV.
- Sign in and connect to an Indian server (Recommended: India via UK).
- Go to Search, type “Hotstar,” then select the app. Click Install.
- Choose Open to access the Hotstar app, then select My Account from the menu.
- The TV screen shows an activation code.
- Visit Hotstar for activation.
- Click the Continue button after entering your subscription phone number.
- To activate the app, enter the activation code and press Continue.
- Your Samsung TV will now automatically launch the Hotstar app.
How to AirPlay Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan?
If you’re an iPhone user, you’re in luck. We have the easiest way for you to stream your favorite content in Japan. You can AirPlay content from your iPhone directly. You must turn on AirPlay on your Samsung Smart TV in order to access the content from your phone.
Follow the steps below to watch Hotstar on Samsung TV via AirPlay in Japan.
- Connect your smart TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network before starting AirPlay.
- Download and run ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an Indian server (Recommended: India via UK).
- From the App Store, download the Hotstar app to your iPhone.
- Open the app, then log in with the provided credentials.
- Play the content now.
- On the playback screen, tap the AirPlay icon, then select your Samsung Smart TV.
- To pair, enter the code that is presented on the TV on your iPhone.
- Once connected, your Samsung Smart TV will display the streaming content.
How to watch Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan? [Alternate Method]
Using the SmartThings app is an alternate method for streaming Hotstar on a Samsung Smart TV in Japan. The Samsung Smart TV’s smartphone screen can be displayed in mirror mode using the SmartThings app. The Hotstar app must be downloaded on your smartphone in order to Watch Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan.
Follow the steps below to stream Hotstar on Samsung TV:
- Connect your Wi-Fi to your Samsung Smart TV and the smartphone.
- Download and run ExpressVPN – the Best VPN for Hotstar in Japan!
- Connect to an Indian server (Recommended: India via UK).
- Install the SmartThings mobile app from the Google Play Store.
- To connect, open the SmartThings app and select Add device.
- To connect the smart TV, select the Samsung model and enter the PIN.
- Launch the Hotstar app and log in with your credentials.
- The Hotstar app lets you choose the entertainment you want to watch on your smart TV.
How to fix Hotstar Not Working on Samsung TV in Japan? [Troubleshooting Tips]
If you’re wondering Why is Hotstar not working on Samsung TV in Japan, you’ve come across the right article to help you instantly fix this issue.
Try the following solutions if you are unable to Stream Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan
- After logging out, sign in to the Hotstar app again.
- Delete and reinstall the Hotstar app.
- Try again after updating your Samsung Smart TV.
- Update the Hotstar app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Check to see if your subscription is still active.
- Retry after clearing the cache on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Reload your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: With ExpressVPN, you don’t have to worry about any VPN detected errors in Japan.
FAQs: Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan
Does Samsung TV have Disney Hotstar in Japan?
Yes. You can find the Hotstar app on Samsung TV depending on where you live. The app is available with different names in different locations. Yes, The Smart Hub allows you to download the Disney Plus Hotstar app on your Samsung TV in Japan.
Do all Samsung TVs support Disney plus Hotstar in Japan?
‘Hotstar app not available in Samsung TV in Japan’ might be your most popular search query if you can’t find the app on your Samsung TV. Well, the majority of Samsung Smart TVs produced since 2016 are compatible with the Hotstar Samsung TV app. Samsung TV models running Tizen OS are compatible with this software, while TVs using Orsay OS or those with built-in web browsers are not. However, TV models without Disney+ app support can still use various compatible devices, such as game consoles.
How to Watch Hotstar on Old Models of Samsung Smart TV in Japan?
Use an alternative device that allows running the Hotstar app if you can’t find it on the Samsung Hub or Samsung TV. Your TV must include an integrated HDMI port for this method to work. Install the Hotstar app for Samsung TV from the app store after connecting the device to your TV. Follow the activation steps after installation to start streaming the content you want in Japan.
Is it possible to use a free VPN for Hotstar in Japan on Samsung TV?
Installing Hotstar on Samsung TV in Japan isn’t as tricky as it may sound. All you need is a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass geo-restrictions and a solid internet connection to stream all your favorite Disney shows and movies! So what are you waiting for? Download ExpressVPN and install the Hotstar app on your Samsung Smart TV right now!