PS4 is one of the top-trending gaming platforms. FIFA, Grand Theft Auto, and Sonic are some of the hot PS4 favorites. But did you know that your IP address on PS4 helps locate a person on the internet? It might surprise you, but an IP address is quite important in gaming, especially PS4. It determines which services or gaming titles you’re authorized to access and which ones you aren’t.
IP address in USA roughly estimates your location as it can’t reveal the exact location. But, many tools help in finding the precise location with an IP. However, by learning the process of how to find someone’s IP address on PS4 in USA, you can even get into interesting ways of securing yourself on the network. The best way to secure your gaming experience is to use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, which has high-power technology to prevent DDoS attacks and enhance your gaming experience.
In this blog, we will understand the role of IP addresses in gaming and also discuss how to pull IPs on PS4 with a phone.
Why Would I Need to Find Someone’s IP Address on PS4 in USA ?
Players normally need to find someone’s IP address in USA on PS4 to threaten or bully them during gaming sessions. Most gamers aren’t much aware of the process of how their IPs are exposed. Hence, they get scared and easily manipulated by the trackers. To, trace an IP address in USA each device connected to the network uses an IP address for sending information.
The bad gamers can carry out a DDoS attack on your connection to slow down your internet speed or shut your network completely. Such attempts are made to scare the players to stop them from playing and gaining a competitive edge or bonus on the platform.
Other gamers can only distort your network or irritate you while playing, as conducting proper cyberattacks need advanced hacking skills. There’s no need to worry because your IP address alone can’t help others to attack you or harm you intensely.
If you want to avoid scams in gaming, you should try to know the player’s IP address on PS4. You can get the IP address of a person by searching in an IP lookup tool like IPlocation.net. Note that this method won’t work if your opponent uses a high-powered gaming VPN like ExpressVPN.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on PS4 in USA
The PS4 has been designed with a P2P connection dependency, where IP addresses are hidden from the players. Interestingly, you can get anyone’s IP address on PS4 without any complications.
Let us discuss the multiple ways of finding someone’s IP address on PS4:
1. Using a PSN Resolver
PSN Resolver is a free popular tool to collect the IP addresses of players. PSN Resolvers are easy to use and readily available in the market. It only needs the user’s PlayStation Network ID (PSN ID), which is assigned to them while creating a PSN account. It is one best free PS4 IP tracker.
- Step 1: Install PSN Resolver by downloading the application on your phone or computer. You can also access the web-based PSN Resolver tool by visiting the webpage.
- Step 2: Open the user’s profile to get the PSN ID which is publicly displayed on the profiles of the users who have played in the past.
- Step 3: Simply copy the PSN ID and enter it in the text area provided by the tool.
- Step 4: PSN Resolver will process the ID and identify the IP address.
Being a free tool, it is not always effective as it sometimes fails to find the IP address requested. If it doesn’t work, you can try other methods discussed below.
2. Monitoring/Sniffing Packets With Your Computer
PS4 depends on a P2P connection, providing your IP address to the other players directly while you are unaware. You can use the packet-sniffing app Wireshark to inspect the traffic flow. You will have to use an alternate method because you can’t directly run Wireshark on PS4.
- Step 1: Use your Wi-Fi network to connect your computer to the internet. Connect your PS4 console to the computer by accessing the internet.
- Step 2: Activate the connection-sharing option in the computer to let your console connect to the network.
- Step 3: In this setup, all data will enter your PS4 after passing through your computer. Wireshark can monitor each IP packet in USA passing through the network and capture its IP address.
You can also port mirror packets entering your console from the computer using Wireshark. It lets you observe the packets to find the IP address of the person you are playing on the platform.
3. Using Grabify as an IP Puller
Grabify is a web application that you can use to detect the IP address of a PS4 user. You need to shorten the URL with the help of Grabify URL shortener and send it to the player. Grabify can pull out the user’s IP address only after they click the link provided by you.
To make this technique work, you will have to capture the URL of the content that the other user is interested in. It will work like a clickbait link. If the user clicks on the link, you will get the URL of the page. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Get the PSN ID of your target user and tap on the “friends” button next to their name to add that player to your friend list.
- Step 2: Press the messages icon to chat with that user.
- Step 3: Upload any game image or video on a URL you wish to send to your target user.
- Step 4: Launch Grabify’s homepage and insert the URL of the webpage in the text field provided.
- Step 5: Press the “Create URL” button to get a shortened URL and a tracking code. This link will be used as bait, and the tracking code will keep track of the people clicking on the URL.
- Step 6: Get the shortened URL generated by Grabify.
- Step 7: Provide the link to the user and ask him to click the link. If he clicks it, Grabify captures his IP.
- Step 8: Return to Grabify’s homepage and enter the tracking code.
- Step 9: Now press the “Tracking Code” button to get a log of URL requests. You also get the geo-location of the player and details like browser type, device, and OS.
This method can be a bit complicated if you cannot convince the player to click the link. To avoid the uncertainty of clicking links, some developers design their own IP grabbers.
4. Track location with BeenVerified
Due to privacy concerns, people prefer using fake names as usernames. Most people use the same username on every site. For instance, usernames on different social media platforms are often similar.
A user’s online ID on PS4 can be the same as the username on other sites. This username can be used to sniff the player’s location with BeenVerified — a social media network data collection website. With BeenVerified, you can access a gamer’s name, location, picture, and other details.
- Step 1: Launch BeenVerified User Search.
- Step 2: Enter the Online ID and hit the “Search” button.
- Step 3: After searching the database and finding a match, BeenVerified will display the results report. You get the report’s real name, contact number, address, and other user information.
5. Use Gamertag IP Puller
The Gamertag of a PS player can be used to identify them and find their IP address. You can use PSN Resolver to track the IP of a PS player.
- Step 1: Get your target player’s username by clicking on their profile.
- Step 2: Send him a friend request if he isn’t added to your friend list before by clicking on the “friends” button.
- Step 3: Share a party invite to start a gaming session with that friend. Select the user and more friends for the invitation via the “friends” icon to join the party. After party creation, select the target user in the “play together” mode.
- Step 4: Open a PSN Resolver tab in your PS4 using the internet browser.
- Step 5: After launching the PSN Resolver tab, scroll downwards to get the PSN username spacebar.
- Step 6: Now type the target player’s PSN username and hit the “Resolve” icon.
- Step 7: While sharing the gaming session, wait for the system to detect data packets and resolve the Gamertag. After a couple of minutes, you will receive the IP of that individual.
6. Use PS4 IP Grabber
An alternate method of finding someone’s IP address on PS4 is to use an IP grabber. First, you will have to deactivate Internet Protocol v6. To perform this function, go to the “Settings” menu and open the “Network and Internet” option.
Go to the “Change Network Adapter” and find the IPv6 option. If the option is unchecked, tick it. You can then use the IP puller on PS4 to pull IPs. After you are ready to pull IPs, you must determine your PS4 IP. Land Remastered site can be used to get IPs on PS4.
You can follow the steps ahead to use Land Remastered IP Puller:
- Step 1: Install PSN parser files like NPcap, WIN10PCAP, and C++ Redistribute Package 2010.
- Step 2: Download the Land Remastered and extract the files using WinRAR or another zip extractor.
- Step 3: Click on the LANCV2.exe to run the Lanc software, and its site will be loaded. Repeat the process if you get an error.
- Step 4: Select a Wi-Fi or ethernet network that you want to connect.
- Step 5: Search for your IP and copy it in the Settings option.
- Step 6: Locate and check the ARP spoofing menu and enter your IP address in the “To” section.
- Step 7: Move to the port address and insert the PS4 port number. The IP address you want will be displayed on the screen.
7. Use Command Prompt
Command Prompt can be used to obtain an IP address of a PS4 server. To use this method, you need to form a connection with other gamers. You should follow the given steps to access an IP address on PS4 with the command prompt.
- Step 1: Find your target’s username and add the user as a friend using the “friends” option.
- Step 2: Connect with your target user by starting a chat or sending a party invite.
- Step 3: Send a gaming video or webpage link via direct message or party invite to that person by connecting your social media accounts on Facebook or Twitter.
- Step 4: Press the windows icon + R command to run the app from your computer.
- Step 5: Open a command panel and type Netstat-an. Click to run it and ensure no other programs run in the background.
- Step 6: You can find the IP address in the newest TCP tag.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on PS4 in USA
All the techniques we covered and discussed above prove that your IP address is not completely hidden from other users on gaming platforms. Your device can leak your IP address without even letting you know. However, you can mask your true IP address with another IP address to invalidate such attempts.
You can use some methods to omit the IP tracking process on PS4. For this, you don’t need to visit your PS4 IP address settings: automatic or manual. In fact, premium VPNs are one of the best solutions to prevent IP tracking on PS4. With the built-in protection against trackers and blockers, you can easily hide your IP in USA online using the best PS4 VPN in USA.
Moreover, a VPN will provide you with the best IP address for PS4 by altering your actual IP with a VPN-enabled one. Our top recommendation for this purpose is ExpressVPN, as it has high-powered encryption technology that changes your IP address, encrypts your traffic, prevents DDoS attacks, and ensures a smooth gaming experience for its users. It is also one of the best VPN for Xbox in USA for gaming and streaming purposes. If someone racks your IP address, the location they’d find would be fake. There are many third-party services that provide load-testing web traffic for you. IP Stressers in USA are the most popular tools used to load-test your server or network.
FAQs – Find Someone’s IP Address on PS4 in USA
Is it illegal to find someone’s IP address on PS4 without his consent in USA?
No, it is not illegal to look up someone’s IP address in USA. IPs are publicly available, as they are used on the internet, which is a public network. There are multiple tools to check them online, and it’s no secret these days.
How do I obtain an IP address on PS4 in USA?
To obtain the IP address on PS4, follow the steps given ahead:
- Press the “Up” button from the console’s home screen.
- Go to Settings and select “Network.”
- Choose “Set Up Internet Connection”. Then click on “Use LAN Cable” and select “Easy.”
- Choose “Manual” in the IP address settings.
- Enter values of IP address, Primary DNS Lookup in USA, Subnet Mask, etc. manually and press “Done” after completion.
- Select “Next” once you have filled in the required details to proceed.
- Go to “MTU Settings” and select “Automatic.”
- Choose the “Do Not Use” option for your proxy server.
- Choose Test Internet Connection. Return to the home screen after the establishment of the connection.
What can someone do with your IP address on PS4 in USA?
Here’s what people can do with your IP address in USA:
- Snoopers can disturb your privacy after accessing your location.
- Someone can hack your device once they get your IP.
- Someone can impersonate you and then get your IP address.
- Hackers can track your online activity.
- Someone can plan a DDoS attack to route huge traffic to your device, shutting it down completely.
- One can get your geo-location (your city of residence) and find out the precise location.
- Hackers can apply brute force attacks to get complete control of your device.
- Hackers can install malware on your device to destroy all your data.
- Cybercriminals can perform illegal activities using your IP address.
With a unique PS4 ID and Gamertag assigned to each player, recognizing any gamer and their IPs is pretty simple on the platform. Most users consider it just a gaming platform and aren’t aware of the rising scams and cybercrimes on PS4.
We have discussed different aspects of how to find someone’s IP address on PS4 in USA to guide naive and interested users. Hackers and cybercriminals can get you into great trouble in the gaming industry if they access your IP address.
Gamers must take measures to protect their IP address on PS4 using ExpressVPN. To safeguard your PS4 environment, you must try a trustworthy and secure gaming VPN in USA, which is one of the best ways to hide your IP address on PS4.