If you are currently living or traveling outside Singapore it’s highly likely that you won’t be able to watch or access Singaporean content. You will also find difficulty accessing your local websites, financial services, and other internet-based applications.
In this guide, we will tell you how to get a Singapore IP address with the help of a VPN app.
Due to the geo-restrictions on websites, especially those which provide online streaming content including TV series, films, documentaries, live sports, and other watching material, you may want to bypass these limitations.
Though these geo-blocks can’t be bypassed easily, a premium VPN service can get the job done for you. A Singapore IP address can be acquired using a VPN with a few easy steps. Let’s find out how you can do that.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to Get a Singapore IP Address
In today’s technologically advanced world, being secure in the cyberworld is more important than ever. When you are using your device to surf the web, you are prone to cyber-attacks. But a VPN app can safeguard you by providing anonymity and security.
We spent several hours testing different VPN apps and after scrutinizing more than 30 apps we have shortlisted the 5 best Singapore VPN services for our readers who want confidentiality as well as anonymity while traveling.
These VPN apps can get you a Singapore IP address with only a few clicks. Besides that, the listed VPNs can provide you with IP addresses in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and several other countries as well.
We do not advocate employing free VPNs as your data may be disclosed to external parties.
Best VPNs to Get a Singapore IP Address (In-Depth Analysis)
Cybersecurity provisions are vital in today’s technologically sophisticated internet age. If you want to keep your online activities private, you’ll need a virtual private network (VPN).
We’ve gathered a list of the finest VPN service providers below, all of which will allow you to change your IP address from any area to Singapore in a matter of seconds.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get a Singapore IP Address
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Singapore IP address and help you to overcome IP geolocation restrictions, it is the best VPN for everyone. Thousands of servers are located in 94 different countries around the world and 3 servers in Singapore.
Jurong and Marina Bay, the two largest cities in the Central Business District, are served by 6+ high-quality servers out of 45+ servers dedicated to Europe. That is why it is also one of the best VPNs for streaming.
The most affordable plan is $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan).
ExpressVPN uses the TST method to remove the need for user activity records. Moreover, ExpressVPN employs advanced technical measures, such as expert server capture tools, to prove that “No Logs Policy on Personal Data” is being implemented. ExpressVPN stops others from interfering with your online connection.
A “Kill Switch” is also built-in, which automatically shuts down the VPN service if the connection drops. Besides ad-blocking, ExpressVPN comes with anti-malware protection, ad blocker, and DNS leak protection as standard features.
VPND is even more appealing with the addition of bitcoin. It is another step toward simplifying the lives of customers. There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
Also, check out our detailed ExpressVPN review to know more about this VPN’s features.
- Over 165 server locations.
- Split tunneling is readily feasible.
- Five simultaneous connections.
- Torrenting is possible.
- Streaming and Asian Netflix are available.
- Serving CBD(Central Business District), Jurong Bay, and Marina Bay.
ExpressVPN speed test data
- Excellent compatibility with Linux, Windows 10, Android, macOS, and iOS.
- Social media is largely accessible.
- A strict logging policy is in place.
- Internet Explorer isn’t supported.
- Connections are limited.
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN with 6 servers in Singapore
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN for getting a Singapore IP address. There are 3200+ servers across 95. They have stationed six high-quality servers in Singapore exclusively to service the region.
A strong contender for acquiring a Singaporean IP address. Surfshark, despite being a small network, has no trouble competing against its rivals because it offers so many possibilities to the consumer, such as unconstrained device support.
Anti-tracking, ad-blocking, and antivirus software are among the new features.
These servers are Linux-based and are compatible with iOS, Fire TV, game consoles, Windows, and Mac OS. DNS also includes the ability to set up game console configurations. A speed test typically results in a loss of 17% in speed. It performs more consistently than many rivals.
For evading encryption, Surfshark provides three different options. Your data can’t be decrypted in Hideous Mode, and it’s transported across multiple countries in Multihop Mode to keep you hidden.
As a normal feature, NoBorders Mode allows you to use Surfshark in locations with limited Internet access.
It is available for $2.30/mo (Save 81% on 2 Years + 2 Months Free Plan with Surfshark Antivirus). Also, check out our detailed Surfshark review to know more about this VPN’s features.
- 6 high-quality servers in Singapore.
- Access to social media and Asian Netflix are both available.
- Torrenting is an option.
- More than 20,000 IP Addresses.
Surfshark speed test data.
- There are no restrictions on how many people you can link
- Data logging is strictly enforced.
- Packages that are affordable.
- Customer service is a problem.
- Manually controlled kill switch
- IP addresses that are not changing.
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN to get a Singapore IP
NordVPN offers over 5200+ servers across 60 countries and it owns 110 servers in Singapore that cater to the Singaporean market.
This VPN is the best option for getting an IP address for Singapore. NordVPN has proved to be the most successful VPN brand when it comes to geographic restrictions on IP addresses.
It has six more connections than its competitors’ servers, giving it a lot of concurrency.
NordVPN is a highly regarded VPN service provider that has received rave reviews from users and critics alike. This VPN provides six connections as opposed to the standard five, with servers in over 60 countries.
Private IP addresses for NordVPN’s specialized VPN service can be obtained by contacting NordVPN directly. Tor is activated with a single click when the Kill Switch is activated.
Our speeds were reduced by 53% in comparison to NordVPN’s, but downloading and uploading speeds were still impressive, and they exceed expectations.
It is available for $3.99/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription). Also, check out our detailed NordVPN review to know more about this VPN’s features.
- Over 5200+ servers globally.
- Torrenting is accessible.
- 110 servers are dedicated to Singapore.
- Access to Asian Netflix.
- Availability to streaming platforms.
NordVPN speed test data.
- Easy to work with.
- Strong logging plan.
- Social media accessibility
- Customer service can be improved.
- Static IP address.
4. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN to get a Singpore IP Address
CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN with 48 servers in Singapore. It’s one of the biggest VPNs in the industry, with 7700+ servers across 90 countries. CyberGhost is an efficient and dependable service that is unlikely to pose any troubles.
Aside from unlimited bandwidth, CyberGhost allows you to connect to up to seven devices at the same time. While live chat help is available, CyberGhost’s apps are easy to use even for beginners.
You can activate features like an ad-blocker and require the usage of HTTPS on websites via a series of toggle buttons. With 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch, there are lots of security features.
CyberGhost is based in Romania, and its stringent no-logs policy guarantees that your information is kept private.
Apps for CyberGhost are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon TV, and Fire Stick. Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox are also provided. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- It runs flawlessly on Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- There are 48 servers up and running in Singapore.
- It’s simple to get access to streaming services like Amazon and Netflix.
- Encryption that is extremely strong and secure.
CyberGhost speed test data
- 48 servers in Singapore and thousands around the world.
- Up to seven connections can be made at once.
- For beginners, apps and browser extensions are simple to use.
- With a rigorous no-logs policy, it’s quite safe.
- Some streaming services are unblockable.
5. IPVanish – Reliable VPN with plenty of Singapore servers
IPVanish offers unlimited simultaneous connections, making it a superb value VPN for getting a Singapore IP address. Furthermore, IPVanish has 18 servers in Singapore and over 2000+ servers in dozens of countries.
This VPN is not only faster, but it’s also secure, and it’s a popular choice among Kodi users due to its ease of use and compatibility. You’ll be able to unblock all the popular streaming platforms using this VPN.
We’ve evaluated IPVanish’s apps and can verify that they’re simple to use. You can search for servers by area and nation, as well as by time. If you have any concerns, IPVanish offers live chat assistance that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
According to the VPN service’s website, it retains no traffic logs. IPVanish features DNS and IPv6 leak protection, as well as a kill switch, in addition to 256-bit AES encryption.
Apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Amazon Fire TV are all provided by IPVanish. Linux and routers both require manual configuration.
- Exceptional performance across all operating systems.
- In Singapore, there are 18 servers.
- Streaming sites like BBC iPlayer and HBO are easily accessible.
- There are more than 78 server locations.
- It’s compatible with Kodi.
IPVanish speed test data
- VPN service that is both quick and dependable.
- With Kodi, it’s simple to use. Up to ten devices can be connected at once.
- No activity data is kept.
- Apps are not appealing.
Why Should You Get a Singapore IP address?
There are several reasons why you might want to obtain an IP address from Singapore.
- The website of your bank can be accessed from a variety of locations.
- Geo-restricted services like Netflix and Hulu must remain accessible.
- Outside of the region, no one has access to private or confidential information.
How can I get a Singapore IP address for free?
As ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, you may wish to take advantage of the ExpressVPN cancellation policy so that you can receive your refund trouble-free after you have used the VPN for a month.
You just need to remember to call off the subscription before the end of the month so that you will be able to receive the refund at the end of the month.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Singapore IP Address Safe?
Using a trustworthy VPN provider is reliable with a high-quality product that is safe, easy to use, and has no ads if you pay for a reputable VPN provider like ExpressVPN. Using free VPNs, on the other hand, puts your data at risk.
The VPN service most likely makes money by presenting ads, tracking your usage, or exploiting the computing resources of your device.
What are the other methods to obtain a Singapore IP address?
If you don’t want to employ a VPN service, there are other ways to get an IP address from Singapore. The following are the methods:
- TOR: If you need a Singapore IP address from any place, this is a very viable option. The “TOR System” is an internet browser that allows you to hide your online activities. This technology sends data packets across a series of servers before arriving at their final destination.
- Proxy servers: This approach is relatively rapid for obtaining a Singapore IP address. The distant server obtains a private, discrete IP address by connecting to a proxy server. Before responding to the request, the server reads several DNS queries.
- Mobile Data: While not connected to Wi-Fi, mobile data can be used to change IP addresses. A remote link can be used to send data. If you have a cell phone, you can simply send information as needed.
FAQs on How to Get a Singapore IP Address With a VPN
Which VPN has a Singapore server?
ExpressVPN offers servers in 3 Singapore locations (Jurong, CBD, and Marina Bay), making it one of the best VPNs to get a Singapore IP from abroad.
Which VPN has a free Singapore server?
Hide.Me is a fantastic free VPN that offers ultra-fast VPN servers in Singapore. It is one of the few secure VPNs with good encryption to keep you secure online.
Can I watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN?
Yes, it is very easy to watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN. All you need to do is connect to a server in Singapore using the VPN and it will change your IP address. Now you will be able to unblock any geo-restricted content you want.
You can watch local Singapore TV channels like Suria HD, Channel 5HD, and more from abroad.
How can I get a Singapore IP address?
The most uncomplicated method for getting a Singaporean IP address is by using a VPN. A virtual private network encrypts your device’s internet traffic by routing it through any of its servers. By connecting to a Singapore server, you can easily unblock your favorite local content of the country.
If you want a Singapore IP, you should choose a VPN with Singapore servers. As soon as you connect to one, you’ll be able to access all of your favourite sites and services from anywhere in the country while remaining safe and anonymous.
However, before choosing a VPN, we highly suggest you investigate the safety, internet speeds, and capacity to bypass geo-blocks it provides.
ExpressVPN is our top pick for this purpose, because of its fast speeds, world-class security features, and extensive server network. ExpressVPN’s Singaporean IPs are also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them out risk-free. You can always get a complete refund if you don’t like it.