Do you plan to travel away from Iceland? No matter in which part of the world you are going, a VPN will allow you to stream all of your favorite online content. Keep reading to find out how to use a VPN to acquire an Iceland IP address almost anywhere in the world.
When you go outside Iceland, some websites, apps, and services may be inaccessible. It might be a news website or a video streaming service.
This is because the content is region-locked, as well as for copyright and licensing pacts. We’ll teach you how to get an Icelandic IP address using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
When you connect to a VPN, your IP address is changed. This dupes websites into thinking you are surfing from a country where your favorite content is available to access. As a result, if you access an Icelandic server, you will receive an Iceland IP address.
Another advantage of utilizing a VPN is that your information is encrypted, which increases privacy protection and online security.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to get an Iceland IP Address
The VPNs mentioned below are the best solutions for quickly getting an Icelandic IP address. Also, using these VPNs, you can get a Spanish IP address, Israeli, Swiss, Canadian, and more.
How can I get an Iceland IP address for free?
Almost all VPN services, including ExpressVPN, provide a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you intend to move abroad for a month or longer, you may want to take advantage of ExpressVPN’s refund policy. After the service term, you may easily obtain your refund.
You simply need to register for a subscription and keep in mind to utilize it within the time frame specified before your money-back guarantee expires.
Best VPNs to get an Iceland IP Address (2022 In-Depth Analysis)
If you’re wondering how to change my IP address to Iceland, then the most efficient solution for this is using the best Icelandic VPN. As per our testing, these five VPNs worked the best:
ExpressVPN is an excellent option for obtaining an Icelandic IP address since it offers multiple fast servers in the country. This is due, in part, to its limitless bandwidth, which allows you to explore and stream without restriction.
Another incentive to go with ExpressVPN is its extensive network. This covers Iceland for RUV viewing and the United States for HBO Max and Netflix streaming.
This VPN provides a number of beginner-friendly applications and web plug-ins, as well as 24/7 help via email and live chat.
When you connect to a server, your data is encrypted using 256-bit AES. A kill switch and IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leak prevention are also included. Notably, ExpressVPN does not store any identifiable records of its users, ensuring that your personal information remains hidden.
ExpressVPN’s applications are available for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Linux, and Android TV. Customized firmware for usage with specified wireless routers, as well as browser plugins for Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, are also available.
You can get this fantastic VPN at a cost of only $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan). The best thing about it is that the VPN also comes with a 30-day refund policy for testing out its features. To know more about this VPN, go through our detailed ExpressVPN review.
ExpressVPN speed test data
- About 3,000 servers in 94 nations comprise a significant number of servers.
- Streaming at high speeds and with an infinite bandwidth.
- Access Icelandic television, such as RUV (which also unlocks Netflix)
- Because of the implementation of encryption, this service is extremely secure.
- Provides knowledgeable live chat and email service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- When compared to many other VPNs, it is somewhat pricey.
Surshark offers several servers in Iceland. With limitless devices simultaneously, and unlimited bandwiththis is an excellent choice if you need to protect a large number of devices.
Surfshark is well-known for providing dependable unlocking as well as limitless bandwidth. As a result, it’s ideal to access geo-blocked content like BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and other prominent streaming sites.
Surfshark’s extensive feature set may be intriguing if you want a high degree of protection. This is a no-logs program that secures your internet traffic with 256-bit AES encryption.
A kill switch and DNS leak prevention are also incorporated. Connect to Surfshark’s MultiHop (Double VPN) servers for an additional layer of encryption. If you want assistance, Surfshark provides 24-hour support via email and live chat.
You can safeguard all of your machines with a Surfshark membership by using the applications for Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.
You can also use its Chrome and Firefox browser extension. Surfshark requires manual setup to work with supported routers.
All in all, if you’re into cheap VPN services, then Surfshark is definitely for you. This Iceland VPN costs only $2.30/mo (Save 81% on 2 Years + 2 Months Free Plan with Surfshark Antivirus) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can use this VPN risk-free. To know more about this VPN, go through our detailed Surfshark review.
Surfshark speed test data
- Servers are located in hundreds of countries, which include Iceland.
- Unblocking power — works with Prime Video and RUV
- Unlimited Simultaneous connections
- There are several security measures, including dual VPN servers.
- Live chat help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Switching servers might be time-consuming at times.
NordVPN is quite secure and offers a great service on its various servers in Reykjavík, Iceland. You will have limitless bandwidth with no limitations when using this VPN. Simply put, this implies you’ll be able to stream uninterrupted.
NordVPN is compatible with a variety of geo-restricted sites and services, including Netflix. It can link up to six devices simultaneously.
For ultimate privacy, this is a high-security service with a strict no-logs policy. You may also anticipate 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and IPv6 and DNS leak prevention.
What makes NordVPN’s security stand out is that it provides specialist servers. Onion Over VPN and Double VPN servers add an extra degree of security if needed. Last but not least, this VPN offers email service and live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
NordVPN has desktop (Mac, Windows, and Linux) and mobile (iOS and Android) applications, as well as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. Firefox and Chrome browser extensions are available for download. Manual installation is required for use with routers.
If you’re worried about being secure, then do opt for NordVPN. It comes at a price of only $3.99/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription) along with a 30-day refund policy. To know more about this VPN, go through our detailed NordVPN review.
NordVPN speed test data
- There are several servers in Iceland, and there are over 5,000 servers globally.
- Provides unrestricted bandwidth for continuous streaming
- Link up to six devices at the same time.
- Live chat help is available round the clock.
- A no-logs policy and dual VPN servers are used for security.
- Has a no-logs policy in place
- The month-to-month plan is rather expensive.
CyberGhost offers 24 servers in Reykjavík, Iceland, making it easy for users to get an Icelandic IP address. This VPN provides high-speed connections and limitless bandwidth, and it is compatible with Icelandic TV networks as well as Netflix US.
CyberGhost allows you to encrypt up to seven devices at the same time per account. Although this VPN makes a connection to a server simple and quick, if you want assistance, it is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In addition to high speeds, CyberGhost boasts great protection. This contains 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak prevention.
Moreover, as shown by its rigorous no-logs approach, CyberGhost does not log genuine IP addresses or browser history.
Connect to CyberGhost servers on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. You may also utilize Firefox and Chrome browser extensions. When using routers, manual configuration is required.
CyberGhost speed test data
- There are about a dozen workstations in Iceland, more than 7,000 in 90 nations.
- For lag-free streaming, extremely high connections and limitless bandwidth are essential.
- It Unblocks Netflix in the United States and also Icelandic TV networks.
- Allows you to connect up to seven gadgets simultaneously.
- Encryption and a rigorous no-logs policy are used to protect data.
- It does not function in China or the United Arab Emirates.
IPVanish offers 4 servers in Reykjavík, Iceland, which are great for unblocking local Icelandic channels.
Famous streaming providers such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu are also unblocked by IPVanish. It also provides limitless internet and thunder speeds, enabling you to view in excellent definition no matter where you are.
There are over 40,000 accessible IP addresses, making it easy to watch geo-blocked material from anywhere on the planet.
Would you like to share your VPN with your family? Every IPVanish account may access the internet using an infinite number of devices as it supports unlimited simultaneous connections.
If you have any issues, live chat support is accessible round the clock, and IPVanish provides all of the required security protections to keep you safe when browsing the web.
IPVanish is a VPN that conforms to high-security requirements. It uses 256-bit AES encryption, has an automated kill switch, and protects against DNS leaks, just to mention a few features. Because this service keeps no records, you can use it without disclosing your identity.
To connect to IPVanish’s Icelandic servers, you should first create an account. It is available for Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, and Amazon Fire TV. For Linux and comparable routers, manual setup is advised.
IPVanish speed test data
- We offer speedy servers in Iceland as well as hundreds of other locations across the world.
- Connect a limitless number of devices at the same time.
- Encryption is used to safeguard your information and prevent illegal access.
- Live chat is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Bitcoin cannot be used to make a payment.
Why Should You Get an Iceland IP address?
Following are a few reasons why you should get an Icelandic IP address:
1. Unblock local banking sites while traveling: If you’re visiting any other country from Iceland, then you might require accessing your bank account online through its site. But what if the site is geo-restricted in the country? To bypass the constraints, you’d require an Icelandic IP address.
2. Access local streaming channels: If you’re traveling abroad for long-term purposes, or are simply an Icelandic ex-pat, then you might miss the local channels of your country at some point. However, with an IP address from Iceland, you can access them easily.
3. Bypass online surveillance: What if you travel to a country with strict internet regulations, like China? To bypass constant monitoring on your internet connection, you’d require a VPN offering Icelandic servers to stay secure.
4. Stay secure on public wi-fi: Public wi-fi networks are quite unsafe. This is because malicious actors are always lurking on it trying to breach user data. If you choose a VPN and connect to an Icelandic server, your connection would be encrypted, and you can stay secure easily.
VPN for Iceland IP Address– Testing Methodology
Using the criteria stated below, we filtered down the best VPNs for obtaining an IP address from Iceland (thus, all my VPNs have these features). If you want to do your own testing, use the aforementioned as a guide:
- Iceland (and international) servers – In order to offer you an IP address for circumventing internet content, the VPN company must provide servers in Iceland. Global servers can be used to get around worldwide geo-restrictions.
- Fast connections – essential for high-quality video streaming, torrenting, and no-delay gaming.
- Excellent security/privacy features – a kill switch and AES 256-bit encryption provide the finest online protection, especially when combined with leak prevention and a no-logs policy to protect your privacy.
- Excellent customer service – You should be able to contact personnel at any time, via email or chat.
- Reliable money-back guarantee – look for a VPN that will give you a full refund if you change your mind (within the guarantee period).
Is Using a VPN to Get an Iceland IP Address Safe?
If you sign up with a reputable VPN service, like ExpressVPN, you will receive an HD product that is secure, easy to use, and free of adverts.
Using free VPNs, on the other hand, exposes your data to danger. Ads, monitoring your activities, or utilizing your device’s computational capabilities are almost probably how the VPN company makes billions.
What are the other methods to obtain an Iceland IP address?
- TOR: This is another feasible option if you desire an IP address from anywhere in the globe. The “TOR System” is a website that allows you to anonymously evaluate your internet activity. Using this approach, data packets are passed over many server hosts before arriving at their destination.
- Proxy Servers: Using this method, obtaining an Icelandic IP address is a pretty simple procedure. The remote server obtains a discrete and secure IP address by using a proxy server. Before replying to the query, the server reviews a number of DNS queries.
- Public Wi-Fi networks: Although many people are unfamiliar with them, they are a somewhat reliable way to obtain a Greek IP address. They are available in almost any place and may be customized to satisfy a variety of needs.
- Mobile Data: Even if you’re not linked to Wi-Fi, you can change your IP address using mobile data. A remote link can be used to transport data. If you have a mobile phone, you may simply transfer the information as needed.
FAQs – How to Get Iceland IP Address With a VPN
How do I get an Icelandic IP address?
To obtain an Iceland IP address, use the VPN program and log in to a server from Iceland. Navigate to the geo-restricted Icelandic website or app. It will now be unlocked and freely accessible to you.
Does a VPN change your IP address?
Yes, a VPN is designed to change your IP address. It offers several remote servers in different countries and by connecting to one of those servers, you can get a disguised IP address in a region of your choice.
Do IP addresses show country?
Yes, the IP address of your internet-connected gadget shows your location. This address is not as accurate, but it does tell the country you are presently in.
Does NordVPN work in Iceland?
NordVPN offers six Icelandic servers, all of which are geared for Peer – to – peer traffic. You have a total of 5,000 machines to select from in roughly 60 countries. As a result, you may access restricted content, not just in Iceland, but all over the world.
This article goes through all of the possibilities for obtaining an Iceland IP address. We often utilize a VPN (only paid and approved providers, no free versions) since it is simple to use and provides the greatest results when compared to other options.
Because of its superb interconnectivity, worldwide security protocols, and huge computer network, ExpressVPN is our top choice. ExpressVPN’s Icelandic IPs come with a 30-day money-back assurance, allowing you to try them out risk-free. You can always get a full refund if you don’t want it.