Do you want to access geo-blocked Swiss websites and services while traveling outside of Switzerland? We’ll teach you how to get a Switzerland IP address using a VPN, as well as how to benefit from your VPN by safeguarding your online presence.
The primary advantage of using a VPN is its ability to increase your online privacy. VPNs are designed to encrypt your web traffic and make it inaccessible to everyone. Doing this will allow you to safely surf the internet without fear of being detected.
VPNs also help you access geo-blocked streaming platforms and content libraries, which may prohibit you from watching your favorite films and shows. You will be unable to access the service if your IP address does not fall inside the service’s approved broadcast region.
A virtual private network (VPN) is a medium for establishing an encrypted internet connection. You can obtain an IP address for Switzerland by connecting through intermediary servers.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to get Switzerland IP Address
We got into researching several VPN apps, and if you want to count on our expert advice, here are our top 5 picks for getting an IP address in Switzerland. Aside from Switzerland, it is simple to obtain IP addresses for America, England, Germany, Canada, Singapore, or Spain.
Best VPNs to get a Switzerland IP Address (2022 In-Depth Analysis)
In today’s technologically advanced internet age, cybersecurity precautions are vital. A VPN is required if you wish to keep your web activities private.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Switzerland IP address. This VPN hosts over 3000 servers in 94 countries, including Switzerland, making it a globally spread VPN network.
Its location servers excel at circumventing geo-restrictions, allowing you to watch content from infamously obstinate platforms such as Prime Video and Netflix US.
With this VPN, you can enjoy unlimited access to local Swiss streaming sites and channels from abroad. You can change your IP address and it will help in bypassing geo-restrictions to access content.
The best thing is that this service is fast enough to watch uninterrupted live HD videos. They have the most dependable and quick connections, as well as unfettered access.
There is unlimited server connection and switching, so you can change IP address as many times as you want.
Your online security is safeguarded by strong VPN encryption, zero logs, and zero-knowledge DNS. It has 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, full forward secrecy, and the finest DNS and IPv6 leak prevention.
Users who want to be more secure will prefer the ability to pay with Bitcoin, but there is no risk of being traced because ExpressVPN does not save any personally identifying information or connection logs.
Do you seek support? Live chat is accessible 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
ExpressVPN offers several products, such as routers and smart TVs, that may be used in conjunction with its VPN software. It is available on the ExpressVPN network for Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Linux. Using this approach, you may install custom firmware on your router more easily.
You get all this and much more on every ExpressVPN subscription that costs [get_price id=13500]. If you’re doubtful about the service, then you can always test it first through its 30-day money-back guarantee.
To learn more about this top VPN, check out our ExpressVPN review.
ExpressVPN speed test data
As per the ExpressVPN speed test, the VPN delivered an average speed of 87.78 Mbps on a connection of 100 Mbps, which is great.
- Consistent connectivity
- Capability to operate beyond limitations
- Use local static and dynamic IP addresses
- A strong network
- Pricey Packages
Surfshark is considered a low-cost VPN service for getting a Switzerland IP address with over 3200 servers across 65 countries. Out of these, one server location in Switzerland.
It is an excellent alternative for accessing geo-restricted services like Netflix USA, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and SRF from outside the US.
If you have a good internet speed and no connection restriction, you can watch without lags, in HD quality, from any place on any device at any time. It will help you access all internet services that are geo-restricted.
This VPN places considerable emphasis on your online safety. An automated kill switch, ad-blocking software, and virus detection are just a few of the safeguards in place to keep you secure online. This VPN protects against DNS and IP leaks.
It also offers military-grade encryption and tons of features for advanced users. The encryption keeps your internet activity secure offering the best protection. This way internet service providers (ISPs) cannot who what you are doing online.
Because the VPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, you can be confident that your personal information will be kept safe. There is also a no-logs policy in effect, so you won’t have to get anxious about your online activities being tracked, keeping it from prying eyes.
Individuals seeking further privacy may choose to pay with Bitcoin or Ethereum. Customer support is available 24/7.
Surfshark offers apps for Android, Linux, macOS, Windows, and iOS. You can also manually configure it on compatible network routers.
Along with all that, it also offers unlimited simultaneous connections to users. It comes at a price of only $2.30/mo (82% Off on 2 Years + 2 Months Free Plan) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee on every plan.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our Surfshark review.
Surfshark speed test data
When we conducted a Surfshark speed test, the VPN delivered excellent speeds of 85.49 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- Private features with robust security
- Significant unlocking
- Payments in digital form are accepted
- Every bundle comes with a money-back offer
- Technical assistance is available round a clock
- It’s a little slow
NordVPN is one of our top VPNs for obtaining a Swiss IP address. There are over 5200 servers to pick from, with 60 different countries to choose from and 112 servers in Switzerland.
A VPN can be used to gain access to websites that are restricted in your country. Because it lets you easily stream high-definition video, you can use just one account to stream popular platforms like Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and Netflix. You may link up to six devices with a single account.
You may use a VPN to establish your security zone as it offers the best protection and plenty of advanced options. It has 256-bit AES encryption, malware scanning, an ad blocker, port forwarding prevention, WebRTC protection, and DNS leak prevention to keep you safe in the online world.
It also allows users to connect to Tor over a VPN or utilize two VPNs at the same time, and it accepts Bitcoin payments. It doesn’t keep any information or connection logs that may be used to identify you. The support team is available via phone or live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This software is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. This provider is compatible with a wide range of platforms, including but not limited to macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Lastly, the VPN comes at a cost of $3.49/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription). It further offers a 30-day refund policy for testing out the service.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our NordVPN review.
NordVPN speed test data
While conducting a NordVPN speed test, the VPN delivered a fast speed of 84.12 on a 100 Mbps connection.
- Users can choose from a variety of VPN servers
- Streaming video of high quality
- Highly encrypted connectivity
- Bypassing to the extreme
- Extended Network using a combination of IPV4 and IPV6
- Data logging is strictly enforced.
- Technical assistance is available around the clock
- In comparison to competitors, it operates at a slightly slower pace
CyberGhost is suitable for first-time customers wanting a Switzerland IP address. It offers over 7700+ ultra-fast VPN servers in 90 countries throughout the world. It also offers 135+ servers in Switzerland.
Because of CyberGhost’s accessibility, you can view essential info about every server, such as its current traffic and which platform or service it’s meant to unblock, making it an excellent choice for beginners.
CyberGhost provides limitless bandwidth and seven linked devices, letting you surf the Internet safely from any device. This service has an automated kill switch, which ensures your safety at all times.
CyberGhost VPN safeguards your privacy with AES 256 encryption, IP and DNS leak prevention, and automatic ad-filtering and malware-blocking. Although you may pay through Bitcoin for additional privacy, CyberGhost does not save personally-identifying information. In case of any problem, live customer support is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CyberGhost is compatible with Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows applications. Manual setup is required for it to function on some network routers.
All in all, CyberGhost is a quite reliable VPN service. It costs $2.29/mo and offers a 45-day money-back guarantee to test out its features for a long period of time.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our CyberGhost review.
CyberGhost speed test data
While conducting a CyberGhost speed test, the VPN delivered an average speed of 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- It is compact and takes fewer resources to run
- The inclusion of a kill switch
- A person can register without revealing any personal information
- Geo-restriction is a significant barrier to website access
- It is not accessible in China, Russia, or the United Arab Emirates
IPVanish is another top-level VPN that allows you to get a Swiss IP address from anywhere in the world as it offers 12 servers in Zurich, Switzerland.
IPVanish offers a variety of features and benefits, including lightweight software for many major platforms, fast speeds for steady HD streaming, and exceptional data privacy.
IPVanish is a VPN service focused on privacy and supports a variety of protocols such as SSTP, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and Chameleon. IPVanish allows you to connect unlimited devices at the same time. IPVanish employs 256-bit encryption and DNS and IPv6 leak prevention.
IPVanish is a well-known VPN for Kodi users. It encrypts all of your data and offers state-of-the-art security and privacy features such as OpenVPN web traffic encryption, and the choice to modify your IP address at pre-decided gaps. IPVanish does not save any information that might be used to locate you.
There are several applications available for Android, Windows, Linux, macOS, and iOS, as well as some routers may be set manually.
IPVanish can be subscribed to at a price of $3.75/mo . Its service is backed up with a 30-day money-back guarantee for testing purposes.
To learn more about this VPN’s features, check out our IPVanish review.
IPVanish speed test data
IPVanish’s speeds are decent but not as fast as the VPNs above. According to our IPVanish speed test, the VPN delivered 70.05 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- Very easy to install
- The connection is dependable and fast
- Unlimited connections
- Geo-restriction is a major impediment to website access
- Users are not allowed to register anonymously
Why Should You Get a Switzerland IP address
Here are a few reasons why you should get a Swiss IP address:
1. Unblock geo-restricted websites: Missing your country’s geo-restricted content is normal, especially if you’re an ex-pat. But, one can always access the local Swiss channels and enjoy their favorite content easily. However, for getting a Swiss IP, instead of using a Switzerland address generator, you should get a VPN.
2. Access local websites while traveling: If you travel outside Switzerland, you sometimes might require accessing a website that is available back home, like your local banking site. In that case, you’d require any random IP address from Switzerland to access the website.
3. Bypass ISP surveillance and throttling: Imagine traveling to a country where there is strict internet surveillance, like Oman, UAE, Turkey, and more. To bypass that along with throttled speeds, you’d require a Swiss IP from the best Swiss VPN. Why a Swiss IP? Because Switzerland has free cyberspace and lenient internet laws.
4. Stay secure on public wi-fi: Public wi-fi networks are the hub of hackers for stealing data and breaching user privacy. Therefore, one requires having an encrypted connection while being secure. There’s no better way to do this except for a VPN. Connect to a Swiss IP address and stay safe easily.
VPN for Switzerland IP Address – Testing Methodology
We tested a variety of VPN services on multiple factors. Following are a few significant factors listed below:
1. Servers in Switzerland: The first factor for testing was quite simple. We required a VPN that offered Swiss servers so we could acquire a Swiss IP address from our country. All the VPNs we listed offer servers in Switzerland and other countries. They also update their IP address list from time to time so you never get blocked.
2. Efficient unblocking capabilities: The primary purpose of getting a Swiss IP is accessing local sites and online content of the country. We made sure that the VPNs above work with the top channels of Switzerland and regional content, like ZDF, SRF 1, Das Erste, and more.
3. Fast speeds: Next, what if the VPN offers Swiss servers but you end up facing excessive delays on your connection? This is why we ensured that the VPNs we list offer fast speeds so you can browse, stream, or torrent anything easily.
4. Robust security: A top VPN should always protect you over the internet and encrypt your connection while you perform your activities. The recommended services we listed down in this article offer various advanced features, including a kill switch, no-logs, split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and more.
5. Effective customer service: In case of any queries, one needs help from a professional. The recommended services above offer a 24/7 live chat support so users can ask questions and solve their problems any time of the day.
6. Risk-free money-back guarantee: If you’re hesitant about choosing a VPN service for yourself and committing to any long-term plans, then you can always test the VPN for a minimum period of 30 days and ask for a refund if you don’t like the service.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Swiss IP Address Safe?
Yes, a virtual private network (VPN) is one of the safest methods to obtain a Swiss IP address. A VPN alters your actual IP address and replaces it with the one in Switzerland.
This tricks the local Swiss websites and streaming channels into thinking that you’re accessing the service from within Switzerland and allows you to unblock them easily.
Furthermore, a VPN offers various security features to protect you from any kind of harm. If you’re accessing local Swiss websites from a country with strict internet laws, then its features like DNS leak protection and kill switch would keep your online activities from all kinds of leakages.
However, keep in mind that if you use a free VPN to change your IP address, it is not safe. Free VPNs claim to offer the required data protection and security, but they keep connection logs and leak your data.
What are the other methods to obtain a Swiss IP address?
There are other methods to get a Swiss IP address, but none of them are as reliable as VPNs. However, if you still want to know about them, simply continue reading below:
1. TOR Browsers:
The Onion Router (Tor) is one way to obtain a Swiss IP address if you’re reluctant to use a VPN. It works by encrypting user data and passing it through various relays in the network. This creates multi-layer encryption and a path that’s hard to follow to reveal the user’s identity.
While this may sound easy, Tor is subject to extremely slow speeds and multiple risks since the data is transferred through various relays. Also, your connection can be compromised if the site you want to access doesn’t use SSL.
2. Proxy sites:
There are several free and paid proxy sites available for getting a Swiss IP address. When you use a proxy, your internet browser connects to the proxy first, and then the proxy site forwards your internet traffic to the website you’re trying to access.
But, proxy sites lack encryption. This way, your online activities are open to being viewed by your ISP and the government.
No, you cannot tell the country from the IP address as IPs get reassigned and reallocated all the time. So, the mapping of the IP address to location changes over time.
Here is how to get a Swiss IP address:
- Select a reliable VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Install your VPN app.
- Connect to a Swiss server from the locations list.
- Try accessing any geo-restricted Swiss website.
An email from Switzerland might have a US IP because the person sending you an email from Switzerland might be using a VPN to get an IP address from the US. VPN apps help you relocate yourself virtually anywhere in the world by assigning your device an IP address of whatever location you desire.
ExpressVPN offers a Switzerland server and is our top choice to get a Swiss IP address. Other than ExpressVPN, Surfshark is the most affordable option with speedy Swiss servers and fantastic unblocking capabilities. NordVPN also equips plenty of fast servers in Switzerland and offers great privacy and security on them.
This article has outlined all of the legal methods that will assist our users in obtaining an IP address for Switzerland.
Instead of a fake address generator, we tend to utilize a VPN (a paid and recommended service rather than a free version) because VPNs are simple to use and give the greatest results when compared to alternative methods.
Because of its fast broadband, world-class security precautions, and vast server network, ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for getting a Switzerland IP address. ExpressVPN’s Swiss IPs are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them out risk-free. If you do not want it, you can always demand a full refund.