Kodi fans brace yourselves as you can unleash hours of non-stop fun with an excellent AceStream Kodi add-on. The add-on will enable you to cut the cord and ensure high quality entertainment experience through live streaming, sports broadcasting and much more. We have made a guide on how to install AceStream Kodi by which you can enjoy using Acestream on Kodi.
Note: Still, Kodi users have to face the music in the form of region blocking and copyright trolls. As a result, they are unable to experience seamless streaming on their devices. In this situation, the role of a Kodi VPN becomes significant since you have to secure yourself while streaming. It is also recommended to update Kodi to latest available version. Check a guide for updating Kodi on different OS systems and keep your Kodi app up-to-date.
What is AceStream?
Acestream is a multimedia platform that allows Kodi fans to watch sports channels and other video content through BitTorrent protocol. The add-on uses its own media player but you must install Plexus Player on Kodi first.
After adding Plexus Player, you should update its module then you can play streams through Acestream on Kodi. To use AceStream add-on, you can follow the steps below:
How to Install (Plexus) Ace Stream Kodi Krypton Version 17.5
Step 1: Open Kodi > Select Settings option (Gear-shaped icon) on top > Click on File Manager > Scroll down and double click Add Source
Step 2: When the box appears, paste the URL http://kdil.co/repo/ where it says ‘None’ > Click OK > At the bottom, type the repository name i.e. Kodil > Click OK
Step 3: Go back to Kodi Home where you will click on Add-ons > Package Installer icon on top-left corner
Step 4: Select Install from Zip File option > Scroll down and tap on Kodil > Then Kodi.zip > Now wait for the installation to finish
Step 5: Go to Install from Repository > Then Kodil Repository > Click on Program Add-ons > Then Plexus > Hit Install
Step 6: To watch live sports on Plexus AceStream add-on, you will need AceStream links. Since there is no official way to find links, there are many that are posted on Reddit before start of the match.
Step 7: Once you get the AceStream link from Reddit or any other website on the internet, go to Kodi Home > Select Add-ons > Then Program Add-ons > Hit Plexus
Step 8: Now click on AceStream: Play AceStream hash/Torrent URI > Paste the link here and wait until it streams sports for you. Enjoy!
AceStream Kodi V16 vs. V17.1
Interestingly, the AceStream Kodi is almost the same on both V16 (Jarvis) and V17.1 (Krypton). You will find same features and media player on both versions. However, you can find the difference by evaluating the outlook of the add-on in both the versions of Kodi.
How to Install AceStream on Kodi Jarvis V16
- Open Kodi and click on “System”
- Choose file manager and tap the “Add Source” button
- Select “None” and enter this URL: http://kdil.co/repo
- Write the name of the media source and select Done
- Go again to home screen and click on System
- Choose Add-ons then “Install from Zip File”
- Find “Kodil” and install Kodil.zip.
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification
- Go back to the previous page and choose “Install from Repository”
- Select Kodil repository>Program Add-ons>Plexus > Install
- Wait for few seconds to complete the installation
Kodi will automatically update Plexus modules to use AceStream Media Player.
How to Install AceStream on Windows
- From the official website, you should download the AceStream Player
- After completing the download process, you should launch the AceStream setup
- Install the player and run the AceStream media center in the taskbar
- Add Channels to AceStream Media and Enjoy!
How to Install AceStream on Android
The installation of AceStream on Android device is straightforward and does not take much of your time. Here is how you can install AceStream on Android:
- Select “Security” by going to the “Settings” menu
- Check the “Unknown Sources” box
- Download the AceStream. zip file
- Go to the download folder to install
- Go to the Apps folder and choose the AceStream icon
- Begin Kodi and go to add-on browser
- Click on “Install from Repository”
- Scroll down and click on TVADDONS.AG
- Go to the program add-ons and choose Plexus
- After clicking the install button, go again to add-ons browser window
- Select Plexus then click add-on with AceStream
- Choose external app and Kodi player, enjoy streaming through AceStream
How to Install AceStream on Fire TV Stick
You can install AceStream on Fire TV stick by using Kodi that is an online media platform. Here is how you can follow the installation process:
- Switch on your Fire TV stick and go to the “Settings” menu
- Choose “Developer Options” by clicking on the “System” tab
- Turn on “ADB Debugging” and Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Download Plexus Kodi add-on
- Download repository Plexus stream
- Go again to home menu and type Kodi in the search box
- Now open the Kodi application and click on “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol and select “Install from Zip”
- Load “Program.plexus.zip” and wait for the installation to finish
- Go back to the home screen, click on Plexus and grant administrator privileges
- Let the program download the modules
- Load “plexus.repository-stream-1.0.0.zip”
- Go to Add-ons>Install from repository>Plexus Streams Repository>Video Add-ons
- You will explore Plexus streams under video add-ons that you should click on it
- Hit the installation button and wait for it for few moments to complete
- Go back to home screen to open Plexus
- Now, you can see an open button given on the left bottom of the screen
- Click on it and pair with AceStream
How to Install AceStream on Mac OS X
If you want to install AceStream on Mac OS X, you should follow the same process given above. This is how you can use AceStream on Mac through Kodi. You can also use Soda Player to complete the installation process.
- Download the Soda Player application
- You should copy the media player to your applications folder
- Open Soda Player and find an AceStreamW URL
- Paste the AceStream URL in the Soda Player
- Start enjoying the videos on AceStream
Note: when you copy and paste the link in the Soda Player for the first time, you should wait for few moments. This is because the application will take time to download so wait until the process finishes.
Kodi AceStream Add-on Features
When it comes to watching next level audio and video content, nothing beats the importance of AceStream Kodi add-on. The add-on applies the notion of BitTorrent and uses its own media player. It allows the users to watch videos from famous channels. This is the reason AceStream has attained so much fame among Kodi users in no time. Here is the list of features the add-on offers to its users:
AceStream is an ultimate key for those Kodi users who want to enjoy high-quality live streaming. Through the add-on, you can enjoy high-definition video content live and exclusive.
Online Playback Content
The Kodi users are not limited in accessing a selected list of media centers or players. In fact, they can access to all sorts of media centers and players those use AceStream technology for streaming online content.
Online Movie Theaters
The add-on enables you to start playback of audio and video content from various websites with a single click. Hence, you can transform your media player into an online movie theater. You can use torrent links to watch the video content hassle-free.
Wrapping It Up
We hope you would have liked our detailed guide that will enable you how to install AceStream on Kodi. The add-on does not work directly on Kodi hence; you need to install Plexus Player first. The AceStream multi-media platform allows you to watch high-quality audios and videos. However, you must use a Kodi VPN when you need to use AceStream Kodi add-on since it applies the concept of BitTorrent.
If you find issues while using AceStream Kodi links, do share your feedback in the comment section below.