It’s moments like the last minute goal by Sergio Aguero against QPR, Wayne Rooney’s overhead kick, or David Beckham’s 50-yard goal, that keeps football fans on the edge of their seats.
Over the years, Barclays Premier League has given numerous mouth clenching moments and that’s why many say it is the greatest football league in the world. Now if you support any Premier League club and enjoy breathtaking football then you can watch English Football on Apple TV.
Apple TV is one of the most popular streaming devices you can use today. In-fact you can secure your streaming by using an Apple TV VPN. It offers numerous apps, easy to use interface, neat design, and Siri (voice activated personal assistant). You can catch all the matches live on Apple TV using different apps. However, the story is not yet fully told. A majority of these apps are geo-restricted and can only be accessed from specific regions.
So how do you watch English Football on Apple TV from anywhere?
Use a VPN to Watch Football on Apple TV from Anywhere
A VPN is the solution to curing the problem of geo-restrictions. With its expansive server offerings and IP cloaking ability, you can bypass geo-restrictions and watch Premier League soccer on Apple TV. There are different VPN providers you can use for Apple TV. For your connivance, we have gathered the top VPN providers that offer great performance and uninterrupted online streaming:
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 77% Off |
2 Year Deal
| 77% Off |
3 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
| 60% OFF |
| 77% OFF |
2 Years Deal
Channels to Select for Streaming Football on Apple TV
English soccer is broadcasted on multiple channels in different regions. To watch football on Apple TV, you will have to download these apps from iTunes and add them to your Apple TV. Here are some these channels and the respective regions where they will broadcast Premier League matches:
|United States||NBC Sports & Sling TV|
|United Kingdom||BT Sport|
|Middle East||beIN Sports|
Now if you are not located in these regions but want to watch football online, then don’t worry. With the help of a VPN, you can unblock all these channels from anywhere and live stream Premier Leagues matches online.
How to Setup VPN on Apple TV to Watch Football
Once you have selected your preferred channel to watch English football online, you will have to configure a VPN on your Apple TV. Since you can’t setup a VPN directly onto an Apple TV, you can choose from the following two methods: (a) setup VPN on flash router and connect your Apple TV, and (b) share your VPN connection with the Apple TV.
Method 1: Step VPN on Flash Router
The first method that you can use is by configuring a VPN on flash router. The benefit of this method is that every device that connects with your router (including an Apple TV) will have a VPN connection. As there are numerous routers that you can use, we will be focusing our guide on DD-WRT firmware router.
Here’s how to setup VPN on flash routers:
- Connect your router with your PC using wireless or Ethernet connection
- Access ‘Basic Setup’ tab on your DD-WRT router control panel
- Now under WAN Setup, click on ‘Connection Type’ and select your preferred protocol
- Do ensure that ‘Use DHCP’ is selected to ‘Yes’
- Next, enter the ‘Server Address’ (location you want to connect), ‘Username’, ‘Password’, and any other information provided by your VPN service
- Scroll down to DHCP section and ensure that ‘DHCP Server’ is ‘Enable’
- Click ‘Apply Settings’ and hit ‘Save’
- Go to ‘Status’ tab. Under WAN and click ‘Connect’
- Now connect your Apple TV with your router & enjoy live EPL action
Method 2: Share Your VPN Connection with Apple TV
The second method that you can use to unblock Apple TV apps is by sharing your VPN connection. For this method to work, you will first need to setup a VPN service on your PC or laptop and then share the connection with your Apple TV.
Share VPN Connection on Windows
Here’s how to share your VPN connection on Windows:
- Connect your Apple TV with your PC or laptop using Ethernet or wireless network
- Now open Control Panel and go to ‘Network and Sharing Center’
- Click on ‘Change adapter settings’ from the option given in the left side bar
- Locate your VPN connection, right-click on the connection, and then open ‘Properties’
- Under ‘Sharing’ tab, click on ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’
- Next, click on the drop down menu under ‘Home networking connection’ and select the internet connection through which you have connected your Apple TV with your PC
- Click ‘OK’ and your VPN connection should be successfully shared
Share VPN Connection on Mac
Here’s how you can share your VPN connection on Mac:
- Connect your Apple TV with your Mac (use wireless connectivity or an Ethernet cable)
- Open Apple menu, then ‘System Preferences’ and then click on ‘Sharing’
- Now select the ‘Internet Sharing’ from the checkbox
- Choose your VPN connection from ‘Share your connection from’ menu
- From the box located next to ‘To computer using’, check the box through which you have connected your Apple TV with Mac
- Your VPN connection should now be shared with your Apple TV
To wrap things up, Apple TV will fulfill all your desires to watch football online. With its illustrious streaming apps, you cannot miss a single moment from the world of football and watch your favorite club compete for Premier League glory.
That said, you will find that some of these apps are region blocked and you won’t be able to watch football on Apple TV due to geo-restrictions. However, with the help of a VPN, you can unblock any app on Apple TV and catch live football action.
So who’s your money on this season? Will we see another fairytale story like Leicester City this time around? Do let us know in the comments below.