Microsoft Xbox One stands among the leading gaming consoles of the world. Being released in 2013, Microsoft has sold over 19 million Xbox One units in 21 markets up till now.
Microsoft has fine-tuned a lot under the hood of Xbox One to provide cutting-edge graphics, solid list of exclusive games, smooth interface and a brilliant gaming experience. The console stays dominant in the midst of eight generation video game consoles and gives a hard-hitting competition to PS4 and Wii U. With a range of great offerings, gamers can pull off the best out of Xbox One by using a Xbox One VPN.
For players convenience, we tested following VPN services and found them perfect for Xbox One. With a series of servers dotted across major regions of the world, these VPN services offer blazing speed, 30-day money back guarantee, 24/7/365 customer support and a zero activity log policy. We recommend using one of the specified Xbox One VPN services to get the best from your Xbox’s capabilities.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
81% Off |
3 Year Deal
72% Off |
2 Years Plan
46% OFF |
67% Off |
Limited Time Discount
83% OFF |
2+1 Year Deal
Setup VPN on Microsoft Xbox One
Now, when you know about the best VPN for Xbox One, there are two methods for setting up a VPN for Xbox One. By using any of the following methods, you will be able to bypass the geo-restrictions and achieve an unbeatable gaming experience:
- First Method: Share your computer’s VPN connection with Xbox One
- Second Method: Connect to a DD-WRT flashed router
Due to ease-of-use and fast access, we recommend users to go for the first method as the second can cause technical issues and malfunctions. However, for either of the methods, you will require a VPN account. We suggest users to make an account using one of the specified VPN providers and then proceed hassle free.
Sharing a VPN Connection With Xbox One via PC
To share a VPN connection with Xbox One using your PC you will need a VPN, an Ethernet cable, a Xbox and a personal computer.
Once ready, here’s how to share a VPN connection with a Xbox through your PC:
- First, Setup a VPN on your PC. You can refer to our step by step guide for fast and easy installation of VPN on PC
- Connect the computer with router using Wifi or an Ethernet cable
- Next, connect the gaming console to your PC through Ethernet cable. (Make sure that Xbox’s “IP settings” and “DNS Settings” are set to automatic)
- Go to “Network and Sharing Center” on your PC. From the left pane, click on “Change adapter settings”
- Find the VPN connection (identifiable by its label “TAP – Win32 Adapter V9). Right-click on it and click on properties
- On the settings window, go to “Sharing” tab and check mark the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”. Now click on the drop-down menu and select “Local Area Connection”
- Finally, restart your computer and gaming console and you are all set to enjoy the VPN on your Xbox One
How to Setup VPN Xbox One Mac
We have listed a step-by-step VPN installation guide for MAC OS X users. Here’s how to share a VPN connection through Mac OS X:
- First, setup a VPN connection on your Mac OS X. You can refer to our step-by-step VPN installation on Mac OS X for a quick and effortless installation
- Turn off the Xbox One console and connect it with your Mac OS X through an Ethernet cable or USB port
- Next, go to System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon at the top right corner of the screen and hit “Sharing”
- From “Share your connection from” menu, select your VPN connection
- From “To computers using” box, checkmark on the “USB Ethernet”
- On the left side of the window, check mark on “Internet Sharing”. When displayed with a pop-up box, click on Start.
- The Internet Sharing light will turn green, and status will be changed to on, assuring that everything is working properly
- Finally, restart your PC & gaming console and enjoy the perks of using a VPN on Xbox One
Using a VPN on Xbox One through Flashed Router
Connecting your Xbox One with DD-WRT flashed router is a quite complicated process. An advantage of using this method is that various devices can connect to the router and use the VPN at the same time. You can refer our guide to setup a VPN on DD-WRT flashed router; it provides very concise and straightforward instructions for a trouble-free installation of VPN on the router.
For users ease, we suggest avoiding this method due to its complexity. This process is aimed at players with top-tier technical knowledge about flashing devices. To get around with the daunting flashing procedure, various VPN providers offer their plug-and-play routers.
Xbox One VPN for Xbox Live
A VPN for Xbox Live account can enhance your multiplayer capabilities using spoofing your location. A VPN masks your IP address with one that belongs to a country from where you want to play for e.g. U.S, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, China, Japan, Russia, Mexico and much more. This feature aids expats who are living abroad and wish to play in native language.
Once connected to a VPN, you will be able to play cooperative multiplayer games like Gears of Wars, Battlefield and more with your friends in the native tongue, adding more excitement to the match. In addition to this, the best Xbox One VPN services specified in the table above offer hundreds of servers located across major regions of the world. Using one the specified VPN services, you will be able to connect and play from anywhere at any time of the day.
Xbox One VPN for Netflix
For gamers who use their Xbox One as a media center to stream videos can use a VPN to unblock unlimited geo-blocked entertainment services and enjoy the most out of their consoles. With A VPN you can bypass the imposed restriction and access many geo-blocked services such as Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify and more from anywhere in the world. Using one of the best Xbox VPN services you will be able to appear in a desired country and access a lot of added media.
Since its release, Xbox One has been a center of entertainment around the world. While gamers use VPN to overcome the barrier of geo-restrictions, others find VPN as a robust security tool for protection against DDoS attacks. VPN has been widely acclaimed for its top-notch security capabilities. To spoof your location, access geo-blocked entertainment services, enter overseas tournaments, achieve 100% protection, we suggest users equip with one of the best Xbox VPN services mentioned in this guide.