Firestick remains to be the cheapest streaming devices of them all, while Kodi being the best streaming app the world has ever seen. This guide will combine the two streaming giants and will provide detailed steps on how to install Kodi on Firestick 17.6 for 2018.
Further, we have provided 6 different ways on how to install Kodi on Firestick with PC and how to install Kodi on Firestick without PC.
Six of these setup guides along with how to install VPN on Firestick 17.6 are provided below:
- Install Kodi Krypton Version 17-17.6 on Firestick with ES Explorer (With PC)
- Install Kodi on Firestick with Apps2Fire (Without PC)
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick with FireDL
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick with Downloader (With PC)
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter (With PC)
- How to Install VPN on Firestick
But Wait a Second….
Before you begin setting up Kodi on Fire TV, do remember that various Kodi channels are geo-restricted. Meaning that streaming channels like BBC iPlayer, CBS, ESPN, NBC, Fox and much more may not be available in your region. But fortunately, you can evade geo-restrictions with a Kodi VPN and watch almost any media (with that I mean anything) on Kodi without any limitations. And don’t forget to check how to update kodi app on your device within minutes.
Why Need a VPN for Amazon Firestick?
Amazon Firestick has become a center of entertainment for masses due to all time favorite channels, sleek interface, and top-notch media offerings. But when it comes to Kodi on Firestick, subscribers can get a full dose of entertainment by streaming popular channels (HBO Now, USTV Now, CBS and many more) through Kodi on Firestick. However, the specified channels are geo-restricted in their regions and you will face barrier of geo-restriction when you access them from abroad.
To get away with the restriction, Amazon Fire TV VPN will allow you to connect to a VPN server located in respective country where the channel belongs. In this way, you will enjoy a superior entertainment experience through Kodi on Firestick from anywhere in the world.
We have taken the liberty of listing the best VPN for Kodi for you.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
81% Off |
3 Year Deal
72% Off |
2 Years Plan
46% OFF |
67% Off |
Limited Time Discount
83% OFF |
2+1 Year Deal
Install Kodi Krypton Version 17-17.6 on Firestick with ES Explorer
Now that you have a Kodi VPN with you, you’re all set to enter the world of on-demand entertainment with zero restrictions. VPNRanks brings step-by-step illustration on how to setup Kodi on Firestick without computer in 2018.
Here’s how to Install Kodi on Firestick:
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick into your television
- Now access Settings, select System and tap on Developer Options
- From Developer Options, enable all three options namely ADB debugging, USB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now, from the top of Fire TV screen, tap on the search box, type ES File Explorer and hit enter
- Next, Install ES File Explorer that is displayed with a blue icon
- Once the installation is completed, launch ES File Explorer and from top left corner of the screen click on add favorite
- A new window will appear, type in http://kodi.tv
- Click on Next; you will be asked to enter a name for favorite. Enter any name for e.g. kodi7
- Finally, a confirmation window will appear displaying Add to favorite, proceed by clicking on Add
- Now, from left menu pane, find the freshly created Kodi favorite and tap on it. You will see Kodi page on preview side, click on Downloads, as shown in picture below
- Next, Downloads page will open, scroll down and click on ARM version for Android OS. As show in picture below
- Now, go to menu from bottom of the page, click on Open in browser and wait for few seconds
- Next, Kodi download will start. Once the download is finished, click on Open file and proceed by installing Kodi
- Now wait for few seconds till installation is completed
- Once installation is finished, you’re all set to enjoy the greatest entertainment platform on earth
When you have successfully installed Kodi on Firestick, you’re just a click away to watch tons of popular movies, TV shows, hit videos, pictures and much more. In addition to this, the best Kodi addons will provide live sports, radio, shows, movies, news & gaming matches to subscribers around the globe.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with Apps2Fire Without PC
Step 1: Open Firestick > Select Settings > Click on System > Now scroll down to select Developer Options menu
Step 2: Turn ON option ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 3: Go back to Firestick Home > Repeat the same procedure by clicking on Settings > Select System > Then click on About > Tap on Network > Write down Firestick IP address on a notepad
Step 4: Now open your Android Phone > Install Kodi app > Then Install Apps2Fire app from Play Store> Launch Apps2Fire
Step 5: Click on Setup > Enter Firestick IP address > Save the IP address > Now on the same app, click on Upload Apps option > Select Kodi from the list > Now you will see Kodi automatically install on Firestick
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with FireDL
Step 1: Open Firestick > Click on Settings > Then System > Developer Options > Now Tun ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 2: Go to Firestick Home > Launch Amazon App Store > Now Install the FireDL app
Step 3: Once installed, open FireDL app > When asked upon, provide the code 600003 to install Kodi 17.3 or type 205742 for the new Kodi version 17.6 > Now add Kodi to Firestick and Enjoy!
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with Downloader
Step 1: Open Firestick Home > Go to Amazon App Store > Type Downloader > Click and Install
Step 3: Now enter the URL http://kodi.tv/download > Click Go > Select ARM 32 or 64 – Bit according to your system requirement
Step 4: Click Download > Wait for the installation to complete
Step 5: Load Kodi to Firestick and Enjoy!
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter
Step 1: Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources by going through Settings > System > Developer Options
Step 2: Go back to Firestick Home > Then Search menu > Type ES File Explorer > Download it if you haven’t installed
Step 3: Now open ES File Explorer > On the left-side menu, Expand Favorites > Then click on Add > A box will appear with two options i.e. Path and Name.
Step 4: Type http://fs.belupix.de on the Path option > Type AppStarter on the name option > Now click on Add > AppStarter will be added on ES File Explorer Favorites
Step 5: On ES File Explorer, expand Favorites option again on the left-side menu > Here you will see AppStarter, click on it > Another box will appear with name AppStarterv4.0.zip > You need to click on the file so that the downloading begins
Step 6: Once the file is downloaded, another pop-up box will appear > Here you need to click on Open File > This will install AppStarter on Firestick > Click Install
Step 7: Open AppStarter App > On the left-side menu, click on Updates > Kodi option will appear on the list, click Install to start Kodi installation
Step 8: AppStarter will now install the latest version of Kodi > After few minutes, Kodi will require access, click Install again > Open Kodi > Enjoy!
How to Install VPN on Firestick
Step 1: First you need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 2: Go to Firestick Home > Open Kodi application > Now follow install VPN on Kodi setup to complete the process
For further detail regarding Firestick VPN check out the in depth details of Free VPNs for Firestick as well as Best VPN apps for Firestick (paid). In-fact you can watch Winter Olympics on Amazon Firestick as well.
While streaming fans and subscribers praise Amazon Firestick for its user friendly like interface, users have begun to get even more from their Firestick by installing Kodi/XBMC. This 2018 guide is to install Kodi on Firestick 17.6 will help you to get the best entertainment platform Kodi on your device within a matter of seconds.
In addition to this, a Kodi VPN will allow you to stream latest movies, shows, documentaries, music videos and more media without the problem of geo-restrictions. If you face any issues with the setup procedure, feel free to drop a comment below.