Firestick remains to be the cheapest streaming devices of them all, while Kodi being the best streaming app the world has ever seen. This guide will combine the two streaming giants and will provide detailed steps on how to install Kodi on Firestick on Kodi Krypton 17.6 and Kodi Leia 18 for 2018.
Further, we have provided 10 different ways on how to install Kodi on amazon Firestick with PC and how to install it on Firestick without PC.
Seven of these setup guides along with how to install VPN on Firestick 17.6 are provided below and even you can install Stremio on Firestick as well if you’re not satisfied with Kodi.
But Wait a Second….
Before you begin setting up Kodi on Fire TV, do remember that various Kodi channels are geo-restricted. Meaning that streaming channels like BBC iPlayer, CBS, ESPN, NBC, Fox and much more may not be available in your region. But fortunately, you can evade geo-restrictions with a Kodi VPN and watch almost any media (with that I mean anything) on Kodi without any limitations. And don’t forget to check how to update kodi app on your device within minutes.
Why Need a VPN for Amazon Firestick?
Amazon Firestick has become a center of entertainment for masses due to all time favorite channels, sleek interface, and top-notch media offerings. But when it comes to Kodi on Firestick, subscribers can get a full dose of entertainment by streaming popular channels (HBO Now, USTV Now, CBS and many more) through Kodi on Firestick. However, the specified channels are geo-restricted in their regions and you will face barrier of geo-restriction when you access them from abroad.
To get away with the restriction, VPN for FireStick will allow you to connect to a VPN server located in respective country where the channel belongs. Also, learn how to setup / install VPN on FireStick to get it on your device.
We have taken the liberty of listing the best VPN for Kodi for you. Each VPN in the list has its own set of advantages. For instance, NordVPN for Firestick lets you unblock Hulu on fire stick, Amazon Prime and Netflix.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 73% Off |
Exclusive Discount 73% Off
| 75% Off |
3 Years Plan
| 83% Off |
2 Years Deal
| 73% Off |
6 months Free
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
How to Install Kodi 18 Leia on FireStick with Downloader
Step 1: Open FireStick Home > Go to Settings > Click on Device > Developer Option > Turn ON ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 2: Go back to FireStick Home again > Click on Search option > Type ‘Downloader’
Step 3: Now click on the Downloader option and install if you haven’t downloaded > Now open the Downloader
Step 4: Type the link http://bit.ly/kodi18alpha > Click Go icon > Downloading will start
Step 5: Once the download is completed, a new windows will open where you need to press Install
Step 6: Click Open when the app is installed > You’re done installing Kodi on FireStick
How to Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on FireStick
The task of installing Kodi 17.6 Krypton on FireStick is simple. Moreover, you do not need to be a tech geek in order to achieve your objective. Here is how you can do:
- From your Fire TV Stick, go to settings
- Choose Device/System option then select “Developer Options”
- You must enable “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- You should go to Settings and open Applications, do not forget to switch off Collect App Usage Data
- You can follow the below mentioned steps provided in the next heading to install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick
How to Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on Firestick with ES Explorer
Now that you have a Kodi VPN with you, you’re all set to enter the world of on-demand entertainment with zero restrictions. VPNRanks brings step-by-step illustration on how to setup Kodi on Firestick without computer in 2018.
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick into your television
- Now access Settings, select System and tap on Developer Options
- From Developer Options, enable all three options namely ADB debugging, USB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now, from the top of Fire TV screen, tap on the search box, type ES File Explorer and hit enter
- Next, Install ES File Explorer that is displayed with a blue icon
- Once the installation is completed, launch ES File Explorer and from top left corner of the screen click on add favorite
- A new window will appear, type in http://kodi.tv
- Click on Next; you will be asked to enter a name for favorite. Enter any name for e.g. kodi7
- Finally, a confirmation window will appear displaying Add to favorite, proceed by clicking on Add
- Now, from left menu pane, find the freshly created Kodi favorite and tap on it. You will see Kodi page on preview side, click on Downloads, as shown in picture below
- Next, Downloads page will open, scroll down and click on ARM version for Android OS. As show in picture below
- Now, go to menu from bottom of the page, click on Open in browser and wait for few seconds
- Next, Kodi download will start. Once the download is finished, click on Open file and proceed by installing Kodi
- Now wait for few seconds till installation is completed
- Once installation is finished, you’re all set to enjoy the greatest entertainment platform on earth
When you have successfully installed Kodi on Firestick, you are just a click away to watch tons of popular movies, TV shows, hit videos, pictures and much more. In addition to this, the best Kodi addons will provide live sports, radio, shows, movies, news & gaming matches to subscribers around the globe.
How to download Kodi Krypton 17.6 on Amazon FireStick with ADB Debugging
This method involves downloading Kodi APK file on your computer, and then by using an Android Debug Bridge the file is installed on your system. It becomes really simple when you start on with the steps highlighted below:
Step 1: Insert FireStick onto your TV > Go to Settings > Then System > Click on Developer Options
Step 2: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 3: Again go to Settings > Then System > Click on About > Then tap on Network
Step 4: Note your FireStick’s IP address
Step 5: Open your computer > Download Kodi on FireStick with Kodi APF File
Step 7: Once you open the ADB Link, click on New
Step 8: Enter a random name of your FireStick > Enter IP Address > Select Save
Step 9: Hit Connect > You will see that your IP address of FireStick will appear on the Connected Devices
Step 10: Choose your device and select Install APK > Here you would need to locate the APK file that was downloaded earlier
Step 11: Press Yes when asked upon > Press OK when the installation is completed > With this, you’re good to download Kodi 17.6 on FireStick
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with Apps2Fire Without PC
Step 1: Open Firestick > Select Settings > Click on System > Now scroll down to select Developer Options menu
Step 2: Turn ON option ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 3: Go back to Firestick Home > Repeat the same procedure by clicking on Settings > Select System > Then click on About > Tap on Network > Write down Firestick IP address on a notepad
Step 4: Now open your Android Phone > Install Kodi app > Then Install Apps2Fire app from Play Store> Launch Apps2Fire
Step 5: Click on Setup > Enter Firestick IP address > Save the IP address > Now on the same app, click on Upload Apps option > Select Kodi from the list > Now you will see Kodi automatically install on Firestick
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with FireDL
Step 1: Open Firestick > Click on Settings > Then System > Developer Options > Now Tun ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 2: Go to Firestick Home > Launch Amazon App Store > Now Install the FireDL app
Step 3: Once installed, open FireDL app > When asked upon, provide the code 600003 to install Kodi 17.3 or type 205742 for the new Kodi version 17.6 > Now add Kodi to Firestick and Enjoy!
How to Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on Firestick with Downloader
Step 1: Open Firestick Home > Go to Amazon App Store > Type Downloader > Click and Install
Step 3: Now enter the URL http://kodi.tv/download > Click Go > Select ARM 32 or 64 – Bit according to your system requirement
Step 4: Click Download > Wait for the installation to complete
Step 5: Load Kodi to Firestick and Enjoy!
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter
Step 1: Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources by going through Settings > System > Developer Options
Step 2: Go back to Firestick Home > Then Search menu > Type ES File Explorer > Download it if you haven’t installed
Step 3: Now open ES File Explorer > On the left-side menu, Expand Favorites > Then click on Add > A box will appear with two options i.e. Path and Name.
Step 4: Type http://fs.belupix.de on the Path option > Type AppStarter on the name option > Now click on Add > AppStarter will be added on ES File Explorer Favorites
Step 5: On ES File Explorer, expand Favorites option again on the left-side menu > Here you will see AppStarter, click on it > Another box will appear with name AppStarterv4.0.zip > You need to click on the file so that the downloading begins
Step 6: Once the file is downloaded, another pop-up box will appear > Here you need to click on Open File > This will install AppStarter on Firestick > Click Install
Step 7: Open AppStarter App > On the left-side menu, click on Updates > Kodi option will appear on the list, click Install to start Kodi installation
Step 8: AppStarter will now install the latest version of Kodi > After few minutes, Kodi 2018 FireStick will require access, click Install again > Open Kodi > Enjoy!
How to Setup Kodi on FireStick / Fire TV
You do not need to be a tech geek to learn the art of installing Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. Here is how you can do:
- Click on Settings>Device
- You will find a different term like “My Fire TV” on Fire TV Cube
- Through Developer Options> Activate “Apps from Unknown Sources
- Go to Fire TV or Firestick then search “Downloader”
- Click on Downloader icon, click on Select button provided on remote to start downloading
- You must click Open to launch Downloader, click Allow>OK
- You will need to open keyboard by clicking Select button from remote
- Write http://kodi.tv/download and click go
- Kodi will be downloaded automatically
- You can click install to setup Kodi
- This way, Kodi will be installed on Firestick or Fire TV
- Once you have installed Kodi, you can click Open
- You will see a Kodi home screen
- You can exit Kodi home screen to go back to Fire TV home screen
- You can click Delete to remove Kodi installation file
- You should click Delete again and go to Fire TV Stick or Fire TV home screen
- You can click on home button given on your Fire TV stick to see another screen
- You should highlight Kodi and click Move
- You will see the front side of apps list, tap on Select button to place Kodi shortcut
- You will see Kodi Shortcut on Fire TV Stick or Fire TV home screen through Apps & Games section
This is how you can setup Kodi 17.6 Krypton version of Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV screen hassle-free.
How to Install Kodi on Fire TV Cube
The process of setting up Kodi on Fire TV cube is quite similar to Firestick. Amazon has applied the notion of Alexa technology in true letter and spirit. As a result, the famous tech giant is able to launch Fire TV cube from scratch.
Fire TV Cube works in collaboration with Alexa as already mentioned. Hence, you can accomplish your media streaming cravings without using remote control at all.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Windows
If you are a Windows user and want to enjoy streaming Kodi on Firestick through Windows, here is how you should do:
- From Settings>System>Developer Options>Activate Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
- Go back to home screen, through Setting>System>About to write your IP address
- You should download Adblink for Windows http://jocala.com/
- You must download ARM APK file https://kodi.tv/
- You should launch Adblink, click on New button too
- Type ay name of your choice for the reference
- Mention IP address of your Fire TV in the Address field
- After clicking save, you should connect
- You can see your IP address of Fire TV in connected devices
- You should click the Install APK button and then choose Kodi APK
- Click Open and confirm, go to Apps>locate Kodi app
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Mac
The same applies to Mac users too. It means you can install Kodi on amazon Firestick with Mac quite easily. Here is the list of steps you should follow:
- Go to Settings>System>Developer Options>Activate Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
- Go to System again>About>Network and note your IP address
- You should go to Download Adblink for OS X page, click on “Begin Download” button
- From https://kodi.tv/download/ , download the ARM file
- You should launch Adblink on your Mac, click New button
- You must write Firestick in the description box
- Mention Firestick IP address in the Address bar
- Click Save and select FireStick Current Device
- Click connect to see Firestick under Current Devices
- Click Install APK button and go to Kodi APK installation file you downloaded earlier
- You should click Yes to let Adblink install Kodi on Fire TV Stick through Mac
How to install Kodi 18 Leia Alpha Version on FireStick
You can install Kodi 18 Leia version on Firestick without any fuss. This is because you will not find much difference between the user interfaces of these two versions. However, you should keep in mind that Kodi Leia has not released its stable version yet.
Fortunately, you can go for its alpha version that is easily available. Moreover, you will have to follow the same installation procedure, which you have opted to install Kodi 17.6 version on Firestick.
How to Install VPN on Firestick
Step 1: First you need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 2: Go to Firestick Home > Open Kodi application > Now follow install VPN on Kodi setup to complete the process
- Open your Fire TV>Device>Developer Options> Apps from Unknown Sources
- Through your Fire TV screen>Search tab>Write ‘Downloader’ to explore downloader app>Download>Open
- Write the URL http://kodi.tv/download>Download> A popup will appear that ask you about downloading the latest Kodi version
- Click install and complete the installation process
- Go to your Amazon Fire TV Stick and choose Settings>Applications>Manage Installed Applications
- Explore Kodi by scrolling through the apps list
- Choose Kodi then select ‘Uninstall’ in the next screen
- Please confirm on the next screen and let the process finish
This is how you can remove Kodi from Amazon Fire TV Stick in no time.
Kodi on Various Platforms other than FireStick
Kodi is available on various platforms other than FireStick, they are listed below:
- Kodi on Android
- Kodi on Mac
- Kodi on Windows
- Kodi on iOS
- Kodi on Apple TV
- Kodi on Raspberry Pi
- Kodi on Roku
- Kodi on Firestick
- Kodi on Xbox One
- Kodi on Chromebook
- Kodi on Smart TV
Wrapping Things Up
While streaming fans and subscribers praise Amazon Firestick for its user friendly like interface, users have begun to get even more from their Firestick by installing Kodi/XBMC. This 2018 guide is to install Kodi on Firestick 17.6 Krypton as well as install Kodi on Fire Stick on Kodi 18 Leia will help you to get the best entertainment platform on your device within a matter of seconds.
In addition to this, a Kodi VPN will allow you to stream latest movies, shows, documentaries, music videos and more media without the problem of geo-restrictions. If you face any issues with the setup procedure, feel free to drop a comment below.