What is VPN Error 628?
VPN Error 628 takes place when the remote computer fails to establish a connection successfully. VPN Error 628 is displayed with the following message on the screen:
Since the problem is due to the user’s connectivity issues, it is also often known as Modem Error 628.
- The Best VPN Services for 2018
- Solving the Windows 10 IPSec Cisco VPN Client Issue
- How to Fix VPN Error 412
- How to Fix VPN Error 800
- How to Fix VPN Error 807
The Connection Was Terminated By The Remote Computer Before It Could Be Completed
Now, if you’re facing the error notification displaying “The Connection Was Terminated By The Remote Computer Before It Could Be Completed” with two button at bottom, then it is possibly due to a hardware driver issue. In addition to this, there may be different reasons that result in Error 628. After conducting detail testing we have come up with following possibilities that cause Error 628:
- Fault in Modem Driver
- Loss of Network Signals
- Firewall Blockage
- Antivirus interference in Network
Besides the specified issues, there were cases where users reported about Error 628 when using mobile broadband connection. This can be perhaps due to weak signals.
How to Fix VPN Error 628
This connection error is directly associated with your router and modem, and the error does not possess direct threats to your computer. It can be easily fixed by following these six steps.
1) Since the VPN Error 628 emerges due to Dial Up and/or Modem issues, it is necessary to make sure that you have a properly functioning phone line.
2) Since VPN technology is always evolving, it is recommended to keep the firmware of their routers/modems upgraded and updated.
3) Believe it or not, but VPN Error 628 may also emerge when you enter incorrect log-in credentials. Make sure to type your correct username and password to log in.
4) If the problem still persists, uninstall the Modem and reinstall it.
5) Check to ensure that RAS is enabled.
6) After re-enabling your RAS, run a check on the Firewall and router settings to make sure that GRE is enabled.
VPN Error 628 is a common issue that has been experienced by almost every VPN user at one time or the other. Fortunately, these are easy-to-follow steps that will help you in resolving the connection error.