Snapchat is easily the ‘fastest way to share a moment’ but there could be many reasons to delete it. Many of you may have figured out it’s not exactly ideal for you. In this guide, we demonstrate to you proper methods on how to delete Snapchat account.
Whatever your purpose behind deleting snapchat may be − the good news is it’s extremely simple to delete your Snapchat account. However, you need to be patient, as there’s a ‘cooling off’ period to take into account.
Instructions to Delete Snapchat Forever
Here’s the most effortless approach to delete Snapchat account permanently:
- Go to Snapchat.com
- Click on ‘Support’ under ‘Network’ at the base of the page.
- Select ‘My Account and Security’ from the choices on the right-hand.
- Select ‘Account Information’
- Click on ‘Delete My Account’
- Read the on-screen data
- If you wish to continue, pursue the link to Snapchat’s Accounts Portal
- Enter your username and password
- Hit ‘Proceed’
That is it. If you don’t sign in to the application for the following 30 days, your Snapchat account will be deleted for good.
Precautions to Take Before You Delete Snapchat
In case you’re not sure to give up, don’t worry. It takes around more than a month to delete a Snapchat account, and you can restore it at any minute inside 30 days of hitting ‘Delete’ easily by signing in.
As the company clarifies: “While your account is deactivated, your companions won’t have the capacity to contact or collaborate with you on Snapchat.”
However, when that previously mentioned 30-day time span’s finished, your Snapchat account will be gone until the end of time.
We suggest downloading your information before cutting ties with Snapchat. This information incorporates your login history, account data, Snap history, profile information, an outline of your friends, area and search history. You can locate a full breakdown of the information here.
Here are the means by which to download your Snapchat information:
- Visit Snapchat’s Accounts site and enter your login credentials
- Click ‘My Data’ and ‘Submit Request’
- Snapchat will email you a link once your information is prepared to be downloaded − when the link arrives, click on it
- Unfortunately, when you’ve asked for your data, Snapchat says you have to wait for it to come to your inbox before deleting your account if you don’t wait, you won’t get your information.
How does Snapchat use your data?
Snapchat uses the data it gathers from you to customize your Snapchat experience and show you focused promotions.
However, in the event that you feel that Snapchat promotions are by and large excessively meddling, you can let Snapchat know by rounding out the Snapchat advertisement input frame.
At last, recollect that:
- Any content you offer might be used for business and other purposes.
- You are in charge of dealing with your own data on the web.
There you have it, guys! Now you know how to delete the Snapchat account you are free from Snapchat and ready to start a new life. Or you can just reactivate it when you start feeling withdrawals!