A VPN with highly optimized Hungarian servers can get you a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong to access local content. Users get fast speeds for streaming and a gigantic network of servers to bypass geo-restrictions in Hong Kong. Moreover, reliable VPNs usually provide the necessary privacy features to protect your personal data.
With a dedicated Hungary IP address, you can also access geo-blocked banking sites and local streaming services like Duna and RTL Klub in Hong Kong. It also provides high-level encryption to safeguard your sensitive data on the public network while you’re traveling abroad.
After testing multiple providers, ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong. This provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you feel that its service is not satisfactory, so you have the option to redeem the subscription fee within 30 days.
Read along to learn how to get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong below!
How to Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong Using a VPN [5 Easy Steps]
Follow the steps below and learn how to get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong using a VPN:
- First off, select and register for a VPN that has servers in Hungary. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Then, download and install the relevant application on your preferred device that you’ll use to access content from outside Hungary.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a server in Hungary. Once connected, you will get a new Hungarian IP address to access geo-blocked Hungarian content in Hong Kong.
- You can navigate to a Hungarian website or service which should be unblocked.
- Try clearing your browser’s cookies if the content is still blocked. Alternatively, you can connect to another server. You could also connect to another server. Otherwise, contact your VPN’s customer support.
Note: Confirm it through the VPNRanks IP checker tool and then access any Hungarian website you want to unblock in Hong Kong.
Still wondering why you should get a Hungarian IP address?
Jump straight to see all the reasons!
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong
Here are the five VPN services that offered a Hungarian IP address and worked great in Hong Kong:
- ExpressVPN – The best VPN for a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong. Offers multiple servers in Hungary. Packed with super-fast speeds, robust security, and excellent unblocking capabilities.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to get a Hungarian IP address. Unblocks local Hungarian channels like RTL Klub and TV2 easily at cheap prices.
- NordVPN – Largest network server for Hungarian IP address. Offers a variety of servers in Budapest, Hungary. Allows users to access various streaming services from within the country.
- CyberGhost – Most user-friendly VPN to get a Hungarian IP. Equips dedicated streaming modes with optimized servers for enjoying the local content of Hungary.
- IPVanish – Offers unlimited simultaneous connections. With fast and reliable servers in Hungary, it makes a decent choice for accessing Hungarian TV.
Best VPNs to Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong (2023 In-Depth Analysis)
After testing 45+ top VPNs in the industry, we found 5 to be the best VPNs for Hungary. All VPNs in this list are capable enough to spoof your virtual location while keeping your data secure on the internet. Let’s discuss them in detail:
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong
- 3000 servers in 94 countries with multiple servers in Hungary
- Offers a kill-switch and a strict no-logs policy
- AES 256-bit encryption
- 5 simultaneous connections are allowed
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including a number of them are present in Hungary.
Moreover, it has a MediaStreamer feature which is a good alternative for streaming in case your device does not support VPN installation, such as ExpressVPN on Apple TV in Hong Kong. It is a DNS service introduced to improve the overall streaming experience.
These local servers are great at unblocking a vast list of Hungarian channels in Hong Kong, including RTL Klub, Klubrádió, TV2, and Netflix Hungary. We tested these servers and accessed Duna quite easily.
Along with Hungarian, this VPN equips a global network of thousands of servers that come as a bonus when you subscribe to this VPN. So, you can access various popular streaming channels, like Disney Plus, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Voot, and HBO Max with ExpressVPN in Hong Kong.
The speeds of ExpressVPN in Hong Kong on its Hungarian server were great when tested. It delivered a download speed of 87.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 52.13 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection.
While you’re streaming, browsing, or torrenting, your activities are encrypted through AES 256-bit encryption, and your actual IP is safe with its DNS/IP leak protection. You can also use ExpressVPN’s kill switch in Hong Kong that terminates your online activities if your VPN connection drops abruptly, preventing your data from leaking outside of the encrypted tunnel.
Moreover, it has dedicated apps on all major operating systems like Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux. So, whether you want to use ExpressVPN on PS4 in Hong Kong or Firestick smartphones. Tablet, smart TV, or any other preferred device, this VPN has got you covered. You can also set up ExpressVPN on the router in Hong Kong or enjoy five simultaneous connections.
All in all, ExpressVPN is the best VPN Hungary For Hong Kong Users to stream local content. It costs only HKD 52.31/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for testing the VPN. For more details about this VPN, do check out our ExpressVPN review Hong Kong.
- Multiple reliable servers in Hungary with dedicated Hungarian IP addresses
- Unblocks Duna, RTL Klub, and Netflix Hungary in Hong Kong
- No-logs policy is effective
- DNS leak protection and AES 256-bit encryption
- Fast speeds on all servers
- Five multi-logins only
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to get a Hungary IP address
- 3200 servers in 100 countries with multiple servers in Budapest
- Offers an automatic kill-switch security feature
- 256-bit Military-Grade AES Encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections allowed
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark is quite a budget-friendly VPN service to get a Hungarian IP address, offering impeccable service at a price as low as HKD 18.04/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It offers 3200 servers in 100 different countries, including various in Hungary.
We tested Surfshark’s Hungarian servers by unblocking Rádió 1 and Netflix Hungary in Hong Kong, and they worked great! There was no buffering on our connection, and we could watch all our favorite content in HD quality.
In the same way, we tested all popular global streaming services such as American Netflix, HBO Max, Vudu, Hulu, and Disney+ with Surfshark in Hong Kong and enjoyed every second of it.
When tested, Surfshark’s speed in Hong Kong were quite reliable. After connecting to its Hungarian server, we got a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Surfshark is among the few VPNs offering the WireGuard protocol to users. It blocks all advertisements ( intrusive or not) when you’re connected to the VPN service through its CleanWeb feature. MultiHop directs your traffic through various servers before connecting to the server in Hungary, adding extra layers of encryption to your connection.
Moreover, it offers dedicated applications for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, and Linux operating systems and supports devices such as Firestick, Kindle fire, Smart TV, smartphones, etc.
Even with all the features listed above and unlimited multi-logins, you can get this cheap VPN service in Hong Kong with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a Surfshark free trial in Hong Kong for 7 days. For more details about this VPN, do check out our Surfshark review Hong Kong.
- Quite affordable
- Multiple servers in Hungary
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks Hungarian TV easily in Hong Kong
- MultiHop technology and a no-logs policy
- Customer support needs improvement
3. NordVPN– Largest Sever Network VPN to get a Hungarian IP
- 5500 servers in 60 countries, 1inluding 10 different servers across Hungarian cities.
- Offers zero logs policy with a dedicated kill-switch
- NordLynx protocol with 256-bit Military-Grade AES Encryption
- 6 simultaneous connections are allowed.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN offers the largest server network to get you a Hungarian IP address. It has 5500+ servers in 60 countries, including 10+ different servers in Budapest, Hungary.
We could unblock almost every local region channel in Hong Kong along with a local banking website. As per our testing, NordVPN worked great with Klubrádió and TV2. Thanks to its unlimited bandwidth, we enjoyed Hungarian TV in Hong Kong without any hassle.
This VPN has an extensive server network. One can also access various international streaming services, including HBO Max, Disney+, American Netflix, Hulu in Hong Kong.
NordVPN speed test results in Hong Kong are self-evident that it is one of the fastest VPNs in Hong Kong, delivering a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
Moreover, it comes with NordLynx protocol that guarantees a secure streaming experience. Widely regarded as the best secure VPN in Hong Kong, NordVPN delivers revolutionary security features, such as Obfuscation technology, Onion over VPN, an effective kill switch, and more.
In addition to that, NordVPN works with Firestick in Hong Kong, Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo Switch and has dedicated applications on all major operating systems like Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
If you’re into robust security, then NordVPN is what you need. This VPN comes at a price of only HKD 31.29/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. For more details about this VPN, do check out our NordVPN review Hong Kong.
- Extensive global server network, including 10+ servers in Hungary
- Unblocks TV2, Duna, and Klubrádió in Hong Kong
- Offers HD playback quality
- Obfuscated servers and AES 256-bit encryption
- Six multi-logins
- The Windows app takes a lot of screen space
4. CyberGhost – Most user-friendly VPN to get a Hungarian IP Address
- 9700+ servers in91+ countries, including 24 servers in Hungary
- Offers robust security and automatic kill-switch
- 256-bit Military-Grade AES Encryption with zero logs policy
- 7 simultaneous connections are allowed
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Cyberghost has the most user-friendly VPN applications to get you a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong. It has dedicated servers for streaming, torrenting and gaming, making it an ideal choice for novice VPN users.
It has a comparatively large server network as it includes 9700+ servers across 91 countries, including 24 servers in Budapest, Hungary.
With CyberGhost’s Hungary servers, we could access Cinego, HírTV, MTVA – M1, and many other channels in Hong Kong to enjoy local content on them. The streaming speeds were reliable, and there was no buffering issue on the connection.
This VPN Hungary comes with a dedicated streaming mode, containing a variety of optimized servers for accessing famous services in the world. We were able to unblock Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix with CyberGhost [intent origin=”in” tl=”in” parent=”us”] Hong Kong.
The speeds of CyberGhost in Hong Kong may be less than the VPNs above, but they’re not bad at all. On one of its Budapest servers, we got a download speed of 75.47 Mbps and an upload speed of 69.34 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
We were amazed to see the security of this level from an underdog like CyberGhost, which may not be as famous as its competitors, but it has all the robust security features that a user in Hong Kong looks for, like an automatic kill switch, NoSpy servers, and anti-malware and ad-blocking features.
Furthermore, we tried multiple services, but CyberGhost’s security features were unmatchable. It is compatible with almost all major operating systems, such as Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS. Plus, you will get user-friendly apps for Firestick, NVidia Shield, Smart TVs, game consoles, smartphones, laptops, and more.
If you want a user-friendly VPN service, then CyberGhost would top our list anytime. It costs only HKD 16.55/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) and backs it with a 45-day long money-back guarantee. For more details about this VPN, do check out our CyberGhost review in Hong Kong.
- Easy-to-use apps
- 24 servers in Hungary
- Massive server network across the globe
- 24/7 live chat support
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t work in UAE or China
- Some servers are hard to connect to
5. IPVanish – VPN with Unlimited Simultaneous Connections for Hungarian IP
- 2000+ servers in 75+ countries, including 4 servers in Hungary
- Offers robust security and automatic kill-switch
- Zero-logs policy with 256-bit military-grade encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections allowed
- 24-7 email and live chat support
IPVanish is ideal for getting a Hungarian IP address with unlimited simultaneous connections. It offers 2000+ servers across 75 countries, including 4 servers in Budapest, Hungary.
Using these fast servers, we could unblock various Hungarian TV channels, HírTV, MTVA – M3, and Echo TV in Hong Kong, quite swiftly. The streaming was great using this VPN as we barely faced any lags, and the quality didn’t drop below HD anytime.
Even though IPVanish’s number of global servers is less than most VPNs above, the unblocking capabilities are actually good. Along with Hungarian channels, we could unblock Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and Netflix with IPVanish in Hong Kong.
The VPN is great when it comes to speeds. While testing its Hungarian server, the IPVanish speed test in Hong Kong showed a fast download speed of 86.75 Mbps and an upload speed of 73.67 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
Your internet is secured through AES 256-bit encryption as soon as you connect to its VPN server. There’s a no-logging policy. Plus, its apps are supported by Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. However, the manual configuration might require setting IPVanish on routers. This is one of the best multi-device VPNs, offering apps for Firestick, Smart TV, Chromecast, Android TV, smartphones, computers, and more.
You can subscribe to this Hungary VPN at the cost of just HKD 26.11/mo (US$ 3.33/mo) and or test it out through its 30-day refund policy. For more details about this VPN, do check out our IPVanish review in Hong Kong.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 4 servers in Hungary
- Unblocks Echo TV and HírTV easily
- 24/7 live chat support
- Zero-logs policy
- Based in the US (member of the 5 Eyes)
- Smaller server network than other VPNs
Best VPNs for a Hungarian IP Address [Quick Comparison]
|Ranking for Hungary||1||2||3||4||5|
|Country Servers||94 countries||100 countries||60 countries||91 countries||78 Countries|
|Speed||87+ Mbps||80+ Mbps||82+ Mbps||76+ Mbps||85+ Mbps|
|Compatible Devices||iOS, Roku, Android, FireStick, Kodi, Windows, macOS, PS4, etc.||Android, Kodi, Windows, iOS, Roku, macOS, FireStick, PS4, etc.||FireStick, Android, Windows, PS4, iOS, macOS, Roku, Kodi, etc.||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, FireStick, Roku, Kodi, PS4, etc.||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, FireStick, Roku, Kodi, PS4, etc.|
|Unblocks Hungarian TV|
|Pricing||HKD 52.31/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)||HKD 18.04/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||HKD 31.29/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||HKD 16.55/mo (US$ 2.11/mo)||HKD16.31/mo (US$ 2.08/mo)|
VPN for Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong – Testing Methodology
We listed five VPNs in this article for getting a Hungarian IP address. We figured that these VPNs are the best after testing them on various factors mentioned below:
- Servers in Hungary: To get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong, you will need a VPN with at least 1 server in Hungary. The more servers a country has, the more options you get for unblocking.
- Speed: Usage of VPNs is not just limited to browsing. Most common online activities include torrenting too. This needs fast, optimized servers, so you don’t experience any buffer or lag. Ideally, you would need a VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth.
- Unblocking: With the help of a Hungarian IP address, you can easily unblock geo-blocked services and websites while on the go in Hong Kong. However, a few VPNs are good at bypassing geo-restrictions when it comes to streaming platforms. The ones mentioned above work the best.
- Security: A VPN’s job is to protect your data from all dangers through encryption. However, a few VPNs do not have updated security features, which leaves them in a vulnerable situation. That is why we recommend our readers a VPN that uses military-grade encryption protocol.
- Privacy: Considering your location, you may come across knowing that your ISP can track your activities without your knowledge. So to stay anonymous in Hong Kong, you will need a Savior, “a VPN.”
- Ease of use: We understand that you could be considering using a VPN for the first time. For that, you will need a VPN provider with user-friendly applications that can be accessed on all operating systems.
- Value for money: All VPNs offer different subscription plans. The problem is that not all of them have the same security standards. Luckily, we have found the ones that have robust security features.
Why Should You Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong
You should get a Hungarian IP address if you desire to unblock geo-blocked services and websites in Hong Kong. You can bypass the censorship in Hong Kong easily using a Hungarian IP. Let’s list down all the reasons why you should get a Hungary IP address:
1. Unblock geo-restricted websites in Hong Kong:
A Hungarian IP address isn’t always just needed when you’re traveling abroad. If you’re a Hungarian expat and want to catch up on your country’s local content, then you need to get a Hungary IP address for accessing channels like Klubrádió, RTL Klub, and TV2 in Hong Kong easily. You can even change the Netflix region in Hong Kong to Hungary and enjoy the content available in that specific library.
2. Access local websites while traveling:
Many might require unblocking local websites of Hungary while in Hong Kong. These can include news sites to catch up on the latest happenings or banking websites to transfer money, check balances, or other purposes. However, since local banking and news sites are mostly geo-locked, you’d require a Hungarian IP address to access them.
3. Bypass ISP surveillance and throttling:
Some countries may be great for traveling but are not for being safe online due to high censorship. These include countries like these include China, Turkey, UAE, and more. To protect your online activities in countries like these, you must get a VPN and connect to a Hungarian IP address. With a VPN’s encrypted connection, you can also bypass ISP throttling and enjoy streaming, torrenting, or browsing at full speed.
4. Stay secure on public wi-fi:
Public Wi-Fi networks are not secure at all, especially if you’re in another country and know nothing about the cyber breaches there. This is why it’s wise to connect to the IP address of the country you reside in to stay secure while using a public connection.
Is Using a VPN to Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong Safe?
Yes, using a VPN is the safest option for getting a Hungarian IP address of all in Hong Kong. A premium Hungary VPN like ExpressVPN offers multiple servers in the country, a high level of encryption, and a variety of advanced security features for protecting users’ online activities.
There are many free VPN services in Hong Kong available in the industry as well, but it’s better not to opt for them. Free VPNs equip intrusive advertisements that might steal your data. They also collect user logs even while claiming a strict no-logging policy.
Since there is no such thing as a free lunch, these VPNs have also been reported to sell your data to third-party advertisers and sites. So, it’s always better to be safe and avoid using a Hungary VPN free of cost.
What Are the Other Methods to Obtain a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong?
Other than VPNs, there are a few other methods to obtain a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong. But, none of them is as reliable as a VPN service. Let’s check them out below:
- Proxy sites: Since a proxy acts as a middleman server, the geo-blocked sites see the IP of a Hungarian proxy server instead of your actual one and let you access them easily. This way, you can access local Hungarian channels in Hong Kong using a free or paid Hungary web proxy site. But, keep in mind that even though these work like VPNs, a Hungary proxy site can lack encryption and may leak your actual IP address.
- Tor browsers: Tor encrypts your entire connection and routes your traffic through multiple nodes. The sequence of these nodes changes every time you visit a website. But Tor comes with a few cons as well. First, your connection gets extremely slow due to multiple layers of encryption. Second, it draws the attention of ISPs even when you’re not performing any illegal activities or accessing the Dark Web.
Can I watch Hungarian TV in Hong Kong with a VPN?
Thanks to a premium VPN’s robust unblocking abilities, you can stream Hungarian TV from Hong Kong like TV2 and RTL Klub. Moreover, it also works great with international streaming platforms, such as Netflix. With a Hungarian IP address, you can watch the following TV shows in Hong Kong:
- Áll az alku
- Barátok közt
- Jóban Rosszban
- Hungarian Folk Tales
- Való Világ
- Hungary’s Next Top Model
- Showder Klub
FAQs – Get a Hungarian IP Address in Hong Kong With a VPN
Is it legal to use a VPN to get a Hungary IP address in Hong Kong?
Yes, using a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong is legal. Just install a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to a Hungarian server. This will let you bypass Hungarian restrictions.
Having said that, even though you know the answer to ‘Is VPN legal in Hungary,’ we advise you to refrain from using VPNs in countries with strict internet laws, for example, China, Russia, North Korea, and Russia. VPNs are legal as long as you are not doing anything illegal.
Can I use a free VPN to obtain a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong?
Yes, but we advise against using free services. It is very unlikely that you’ll get the best free VPN Hungary, as free VPN providers have limited servers and may not be able to offer you a Hungarian IP address. Moreover, some free VPNs sell your data to third parties for targeted advertising purposes.
That’s why we advise you to get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. By connecting to a VPN server, you can get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong and bypass geo-blocks pretty easily. Moreover, a VPN service routes your internet traffic using an encrypted tunnel.
How do I test if my IP address has changed to Hungary in Hong Kong?
You can test your Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong using our VPNRanks IP checker tool. Launch your VPN app and connect to a Hungarian server. If the IP checking tool shows you a Hungarian location, you’ve successfully obtained a Hungarian IP address.
Can you watch Netflix in Hungarian in Hong Kong?
Yes, all Netflix content is available in Hungarian in Hong Kong. Netflix is an original streaming platform that was quite popular in the United States and was later launched in Hungary in 2016.
That’s it for our guide. If you want to get a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong to unblock local channels of the country, like TV2, HírTV, and Echo TV, then you should always rely on a VPN. Why? Because while accessing Hungarian TV, a VPN would also encrypt your connection and protect you from all kinds of snooping and data breaches.
Our top recommendation for a Hungarian IP address in Hong Kong is ExpressVPN. This VPN offers multiple servers in Hungary, along with super-fast speeds, excellent unblocking capabilities, and robust security on the network.
If you’re unsure about its long-term plan, even if it comes with a discount, then you can always try the VPN out using its risk-free 30-day refund policy, and enjoy!