Unable to find the best VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong in 2023 that has streaming-optimized servers and can unblock any broadcasting channel? If yes, then this guide is your answer!
Major League Soccer is a professional soccer league in the US. It is one of the most watched soccer leagues around the world, and people from all over the globe love to watch MLS matches online using their mobile devices or laptops. Unfortunately, due to geo-restrictions, not everyone outside the US can enjoy watching Major League Soccer live streaming.
To stream Major League Soccer, you will need a reliable VPN that can assign you a US IP address in Hong Kong. There are many VPNs available in the market, but not all of them can unblock Major League Soccer content or provide fast streaming speeds.
After extensive research by our experts, we have compiled a list of the best VPNs for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong in 2023 to help you find the most suitable VPN for your needs.
Quick Overview – Best VPN For Major League Soccer in Hong Kong
Before we proceed, here is a quick overview of the Best VPNs for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong in 2023 for those who have a shortage of time:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN For Major League Soccer in Hong Kong due to its optimized servers for streaming and high-speed performance. It provides 3000+ servers in more than 94 countries for just HKD 52.26/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) .
- Surfshark -Budget-Friendly VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong, with its 2-year plan at just HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) . With such amazing pricing, Surfshark allows you to connect unlimited simultaneous devices with a single account. It has a clean web feature that blocks annoying ads, trackers, and malware during streaming.
- NordVPN – Has the largest Server Network with over 5500+ servers in 60 different countries of the world. NordVPN has a double VPN feature and also has protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec. It costs around HKD 31.26/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) .
Jump straight to learn:
Best VPNs For Major League Soccer in Hong Kong In-Depth Analysis | FAQs
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Major League Soccer in Hong Kong?
Major League Soccer is primarily broadcasted on ESPN+, which is geo-blocked in many regions in Hong Kong. This means it can be streamed from within the US. If you are traveling to other countries or residing in Hong Kong, you will not be able to stream MLS matches.
Here the VPNs come in handy. VPNs can help you bypass geo-restrictions by assigning you a US IP address that makes it look like you are accessing the internet from the US, thus allowing you to access Major League Soccer in Hong Kong content without any restrictions. If you attempt to access ESPN+ to watch Major League Soccer, you’ll be prompted by an error message, stating:
“We’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred.”
Apart from unblocking geo-restricted content, VPNs also keep your data safe from hackers and protect your identity from being exposed. So, using a VPN for Major League Soccer is always recommended. But make sure that you select the right VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong that has optimized servers for streaming and can provide fast speeds like ExpressVPN.
Best VPNs For Major League Soccer in Hong Kong(In-Depth Analysis)
After thorough research, we have compiled a list of the best VPNs for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong in 2023 that are specifically designed to unblock geo-restricted content and provide fast streaming speeds. Here is an in-depth analysis of the top 3 VPNs.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN For Major League Soccer in Hong Kong
- MediaStreamer for streaming without any lagging
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 24 server locations in the US only
- Able to give an amazing speed of 89.42 Mbps of downloading speed
- There is no Bandwidth limit for seamless streaming
- Available for only HKD 52.26/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Streaming Major League Soccer in Hong Kong due to its optimized servers for streaming and high-speed performance. It has 3000+ servers in more than 94 countries, with 24 server locations in the US only. ExpressVPN’s headquarters is in the British Virgin Islands, which keeps it away from the mandatory data retention laws of the US and EU.
We tested ExpressVPN personally to make sure the streaming quality was up to the mark for streaming sports, hence it is one of the best VPN for UEFA Europa in Hong Kong to stream it in Hong Kong. To our surprise, it was better than we expected. We were able to stream Major League Soccer without any lagging or buffering, and there were no in-stream ads. The best part was that we didn’t have to wait for the streaming, even in HD quality.
Then we move towards ExpressVPN’s speed test in Hong Kong. Although, it was not an easy task to perform because of the geo-blocking. But still, we did it to ensure the speed was reliable and consistent. On a connection of 100 Mbps, we were able to achieve a downloading speed of 89.42 Mbps which is great for streaming on any platform. The uploading speed was 84.64 Mbps which is enough for anyone who wants to play games.
If a VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong will not be able to unblock other geo-restricted sites, too, then we think it will be a complete waste of money. So, we tested many other geo-restricted platforms like BBC iPlayer and Netflix with ExpressVPN in Hong Kong. To our surprise, it worked perfectly on all the sites that we tested.
We used ExpressVPN on different devices having different operating systems. ExpressVPN worked perfectly fine on Android in Hong Kong, macOS, iOS, Windows, and Linux. You can also use ExpressVPN on your routers in Hong Kong and gaming consoles. If you use ExpressVPN on your router, then all the devices connected to your router will be able to access any geo-restricted platforms without any lagging or buffering.
ExpressVPN is very sensitive about the security and privacy of its users. It has a strict no-log policy which means that all your data and activities will remain completely private and secure. It also offers 256-bit encryption, split tunneling, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. With the split tunneling feature, you can choose which of your traffic will stay as it is and which goes through the VPN.
ExpressVPN has three different plans depending on the duration. You can subscribe to its monthly plan for just HKD 52.26/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). All these plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can get your money back if you are not satisfied with the service. ExpressVPN also provides a 7-day free trial in Hong Kong on mobile devices.
ExpressVPN also has 24/7 customer support which is available through live chat and email. The customer support staff is very knowledgeable and friendly so you can get your queries resolved quickly without any hassle. Read more in a review of ExpressVPN in Hong Kong.
- Amazingly fast speeds for streaming MLS matches
- Trusted server technology
- Private DNS
- No bandwidth limit
- The monthly plan is a bit expensive
2. Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN for Major Soccer League in Hong Kong
- Whitelister feature for streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 3200+ servers worldwide, and 600+ of them are in the US
- Provides a whopping speed of 81.32 Mbps
- Unlimited bandwidth for HD streaming quality
- Available for only HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong, according to the features it offers at the price of just HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). With such competitive pricing, Surfshark is offering exceptional streaming quality and security. Surfshark has almost 3200+ servers spreading over 100 countries. Of 3200+ servers, 600+ of them are in the US, which means that you have a lot of options for servers from the US to watch Major League Soccer.
We tested the speed of Surfshark in Hong Kong for streaming Major League Soccer, and to our surprise, it worked great. We were able to stream all the matches in HD quality without any lagging or buffering. The speed was also very good and consistent, with no bandwidth limit as well. Even the uploading and downloading speed were great for online gaming.
On a connection of 100 Mbps, the downloading speed on the Surfshark speed test in Hong Kong was 81.32 Mbps which is enough to stream in HD quality with no buffering or lagging. The uploading speed was also very good, with 76.12 Mbps.
Apart from Major League Soccer, we tried to unblock other geo-blocked sites, too, because, for a good VPN, it is necessary to check if it can unblock other sites as well. By successfully unblocking different geo-restricted sites like Hulu and Netflix with Surfshark in Hong Kong, it passed the test.
You can use Surfshark on any device you have. It is compatible with almost every device and operating system, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux. You can also use Surfshark on your Kodi in Hong Kong, Roku, Firestick, Xbox and PlayStation, and routers. Surfshark allows you to connect unlimited devices with a single account. This enables you to share the same account with your family or friends without having to purchase multiple subscriptions.
Surfshark also has a kill switch and DNS/IPv6 leak protection to ensure that your data does not leave the protected tunnel even if you get disconnected from the VPN for any reason. It also comes with an additional feature called Whitelister, which is basically a split tunneling feature that lets you choose which of your traffic will go through the VPN. Surfshark uses AES-256-bit encryption to provide complete security and privacy.
You can avail of the Surfshark VPN by buying any of the plans from three available plans, starting with HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). On all the plans, Surfshark VPN provides you a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can get your money back if you are unsatisfied. If you are using it on your mobile, then you can avail of in Hong Kong.
If you face any difficulties, then you can use Surfshark’s 24/7 customer support staff, who are always ready to help you out with any issue that you may have. Surfshark provides good customer service, which ensures that any technical or billing-related queries can be solved. Read more in a Surfshark VPN Review in Hong Kong.
- 600+ servers in the US to unblock Major League Soccer
- No data cap to provide you hassle-free streaming experience
- Strong encryption and protocols for providing complete security
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free trial except on the mobile version only
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong
- Double VPN for better security
- 5500+ servers across 60 different countries, with 1970 servers in the US
- 83.82 Mpbs of downloading speed
- Allows six simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Available for only HKD 31.26/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
NordVPN has the largest server network for Major League Soccer, with over 5500+ servers across 60 different countries. Out of them, 1970 servers are located in the US alone, which gives you a huge selection of servers to unblock Major League Soccer and other sites as well.
Before recommending any VPN to you, we always perform personal testing. The same is the case with NordVPN, and we tested it for unblocking Major League Soccer in Hong Kong. We found out that NordVPN was able to unblock the site in no time, and there weren’t any restrictions or lags while streaming as well. After making a connection with NordVPN, we streamed Major League Soccer straight for 6 to 8 hours. In the whole process, we didn’t find any drops in the connection or lags.
After that, we did the in Hong Kong on a connection of 100 Mbps, as speed is the most important thing while streaming any site. The downloading speed on the NordVPN speed test in Hong Kong was 83.82 Mbps which was pretty good and didn’t give us any buffering. The uploading speed was average which was 44.64 Mbps on average.
Not only Major League Soccer, but NordVPN can also unblock other US streaming sites like LifeTime, Food Network, WWE Network, and VEVO. It works great on all platforms, which means that if you have NordVPN installed, then you can access almost every geo-restricted site, including Major League Soccer, from any device.
NordVPN has a very diverse compatibility range with an easy-to-use app for both Windows and macOS. NordVPN has dedicated apps for Firestick in Hong Kong, iOS, and Android. It also provides extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers as well.
NordVPN offers very impressive security features with its military-grade encryption. It provides multiple protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec, and NordLynx, which are based on Wireguard. You can also enable Double VPN for additional security, which routes your traffic through two VPN servers at the same time. The strict no-logging policy of NordVPN makes sure that your online activities are not monitored.
You can have NordVPN for only HKD 31.26/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It also gives a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with it. You can get a 7-day free trial with NordVPN in Hong Kong on iOS and Android devices as well.
If you face any difficulties while using NordVPN, then their 24/7 customer service staff will be more than happy to help you out. It provides good customer care, which ensures that all your queries are solved quickly. Read more in a detailed review of NordVPN in Hong Kong.
- 1970 servers in the US to unblock Major League Soccer
- 83.82 Mbps downloading speed for a smooth streaming experience
- Offers Double VPN feature for enhanced security
- Unlimited bandwidth with no data cap
- Six simultaneous connections are allowed
- The desktop version is a little slow sometimes
How We Choose The Best VPN For MLS in Hong Kong?
While choosing the best VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong, we always consider the following factors:
- Whether It Works With MLS Streams: The first and the most important factor we consider is whether a VPN can unblock Major League Soccer or not. To check this, we try to connect with different servers of the VPN located in the US and see if it works or not. If it does, then we give it a thumbs up.
- Speed: A good VPN should provide high download and upload speeds for a smooth streaming experience. We did the speed testing of each VPN to check their performance. If a VPN was not able to provide good speeds, then it was immediately disqualified. Every VPN on our list has a minimum downloading speed of 80 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
- Whether It Has Any Relevant Additional Features Like DNS: Additional features are always a plus point, and we consider them while making this list. We check whether a VPN has DNS leak protection or not. If it does have, then it was an added advantage over the other VPNs.
- Customer Support: Customer support is a very important aspect of any VPN service. We always see whether the customer support of a certain VPN is good or not. If they were responsive and helpful, then we added them to our list.
- Price: Last but not least, we always consider the price while making a list. We check whether a certain VPN is providing good features in its plans or not. Every VPN service on our list provides great features at a very reasonable price.
- Security and Privacy: Security and privacy are of utmost importance, and we consider them very seriously. Every VPN service on our list provides military-grade encryption and a strict no-logging policy for maximum security and privacy. Weak encryption or a bad logging policy means that the VPN is not secure enough for us.
VPN Not Working With Major League Soccer in Hong Kong?
Sometimes, due to technical or regional issues, Major League Soccer might not work properly with the VPN in Hong Kong. This can happen because of certain region-based restrictions or due to some compatibility issues between the device and the VPN service. In such cases, you can try the following solutions:
- Use a Different Server: You can try connecting to a different server in the same country. Sometimes, certain servers might be blocked or restricted in a particular region, or it might be possible that the server you are connected to is facing technical issues. When you change the server, the issue might get resolved.
- Use the Smart DNS: If you want to access Major League Soccer without a VPN, then you can use the MediaStreamer feature of ExpressVPN. It will help you unblock Major League Soccer without compromising your online security.
- Upgrade Your VPN: If none of the above solutions work, then you should upgrade your VPN to a more advanced version. Sometimes, the basic version of the VPN might not be able to unblock certain sites. The advanced versions are more powerful and can easily bypass any geo-restrictions.
VPNs To Avoid While Choosing A VPN To Watch Major League Soccer?
Along with reliable and trusted VPNs, there are many VPNs available in the market which you should avoid at any cost. The following are some of the VPNs to avoid:
- Hola VPN: The worst thing about Hola VPN is that it logs all your data and your IP address. This means all your online activities are tracked, which is against the basic privacy principle of a VPN service. This can be very dangerous for your online security. Moreover, it offers very slow speeds, which can be a great bummer while trying to stream Major League Soccer. Read more in a detailed review Hola VPN in Hong Kong.
- Hoxx VPN: No doubt that Hoxx VPN offers a very low price, but the low-end security and bad logging are the two things that make it one of the worst VPN services. It does not offer any latest encryption technology and logs all your data which can be a problem for your online security and privacy. Moreover, it has very slow speeds, which makes it unfit for streaming Major League Soccer.Read more in a detailed Hoxx VPN Review in Hong Kong.
- HideMyAss: The internet kill switch of HideMyAss stops sometimes working which can be a huge issue for online security. Moreover, it is not compatible with all devices and has very slow speeds, which can cause buffering while streaming Major League Soccer. The split tunneling feature is only available in the Android version; this makes it unsuitable for other platforms. Read more in a detailed review HideMyAss in Hong Kong.
FAQ – Best VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong
Is it legal to watch Major League Soccer in Hong Kong with a VPN?
Yes, it is completely legal to watch Major League Soccer in Hong Kong with a VPN. A VPN is just like any other software and does not violate any laws or regulations. But, always make sure that you use a reliable VPN service as there are many untrustworthy VPN services out there that can be dangerous for your online safety and privacy.
Can you use ExpressVPN with Major League Soccer in Hong Kong?
Yes, you can use ExpressVPN with Major League Soccer in Hong Kong. It offers a wide range of servers located in the US, so you can easily access Major League Soccer from any corner of the world. Moreover, it also provides fast speeds and military-grade encryption for maximum security and privacy.
Does Major League Soccer work with VPN in Hong Kong?
Yes, Major League Soccer works perfectly well with a VPN in Hong Kong. A reliable VPN like ExpressVPN will help you unblock Major League Soccer from anywhere in the world. It also provides complete online security and anonymity while watching your favorite teams play.
Major League Soccer is an amazing sport to watch, but if you are living in Hong Kong, then you might face certain geo-restrictions while trying to access it. To unblock it in any corner of the world, you must use a reliable and the best VPN for Major League Soccer in Hong Kong like ExpressVPN.
It provides fast speeds, a wide range of servers, military-grade encryption, and complete online security. With all these features, you can easily unblock Major League Soccer in Hong Kong without any hassle.
So, don’t wait anymore and get a VPN today to enjoy watching your favorite teams play in Major League Soccer.